Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Any VOTOMS Modelers Out there???

Hello

I have been a fan of Armored Trooper VOTOMS ever since I was told about the series by a guy who worked for Dream Pod - 9 (the company who created the Heavy Gear RPG). So after accumulating a ton of VOTOMS kits over the years one kit has escaped me, the Teal Green B-ATM-03 FATTY! The thing was only made by the people in the Garage Kit world and as such things are a "BIT" sparse. My problem is that so far years later I am always late to the dance and have missed the kit in 1/35 and 1/24 again and again. I thought I had a chance when Bandai released the 1/20 scale Ground Fatty that the "Space-Use" version would soon be released but sadly to this day that has "NOT" happened. However there seems to be a bit of hope, I just found that someone (I have no idea who) made the following;

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... 5&ref=list

It's a conversion kit to turn the Bandai Ground Unit into its Space Based Brother. Once again I am late to the party but if anyone has seen the kit or knows of more out there would you mine pointing me in the right direction.

Thank You!!

Re: Any VOTOMS Modelers Out there???

I know that Dom has at least built the Brutishdog and maybe some Scopedogs, but I don't think I've seen anyone post a Fatty before, so you may be in uncharted Territory, but I'd keep an eye out and ask Dom in case he has.

Quote Originally Posted by DarKev3 View Post
    Hello

I have been a fan of Armored Trooper VOTOMS ever since I was told about the series by a guy who worked for Dream Pod - 9 (the company who created the Heavy Gear RPG). So after accumulating a ton of VOTOMS kits over the years one kit has escaped me, the Teal Green B-ATM-03 FATTY! The thing was only made by the people in the Garage Kit world and as such things are a "BIT" sparse. My problem is that so far years later I am always late to the dance and have missed the kit in 1/35 and 1/24 again and again. I thought I had a chance when Bandai released the 1/20 scale Ground Fatty that the "Space-Use" version would soon be released but sadly to this day that has "NOT" happened. However there seems to be a bit of hope, I just found that someone (I have no idea who) made the following;

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... 5&ref=list

It's a conversion kit to turn the Bandai Ground Unit into its Space Based Brother. Once again I am late to the party but if anyone has seen the kit or knows of more out there would you mine pointing me in the right direction.

Thank You!!
    I would have recommended checking Yahoo Japan, but it looks like there are no auctions for it there. I would recommend on lurking Mandrake and Yahoo Auctions as those are the most likely places for for Westerners to get it.

Though scratch building the necessary pieces for the Bandai Fatty might work out too, since the only noticeable difference between the Space and Ground Fatty is the colors and the back pack.

If that was it then it wouldn't be a "Major" project. However the ground version has wheels on the back side of the feet where the "heel" is supposed to be and the lower legs have a sort of "fender" which sticks out to protect the wheels. I'm not too worried about creating the heel but cutting out that fender and then remolding the lower leg is worrying me a bit. Oh well, just going to have to dive in one of these days but that kit would be nice to get as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    I would have recommended checking Yahoo Japan, but it looks like there are no auctions for it there. I would recommend on lurking Mandrake and Yahoo Auctions as those are the most likely places for for Westerners to get it.

Though scratch building the necessary pieces for the Bandai Fatty might work out too, since the only noticeable difference between the Space and Ground Fatty is the colors and the back pack.