Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A bit about myself and first project

I mean, you can certainly not use primer - primer just helps create a layer that is guaranteed to help your main paint coat stick to the model. If you took/take your time with applying light coats of paint, you can get a smooth finish. And again with the top coat, while not necessary, it basically serves as a protective layer to the paint. You can do without it, but you may be chipping off the paint faster then you would like from simple scratches, that a topcoat would of protected against.

My family and neighbors think that I should use modeling clay to stick the two parts on, and I'm incline to agree with them. I think during this weekend, depending on how busy my family is; I'll try to head to Hobby Lobby or Michaels to get the clay. Can anyone recommend a good product that's easy to afford and can work efficiently? I'd like to get other people's opinions.

Thankfully I have a base that can support the model already.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Guardia View Post
    My family and neighbors think that I should use modeling clay to stick the two parts on, and I'm incline to agree with them. I think during this weekend, depending on how busy my family is; I'll try to head to Hobby Lobby or Michaels to get the clay. Can anyone recommend a good product that's easy to afford and can work efficiently? I'd like to get other people's opinions.

Thankfully I have a base that can support the model already.
    Can you clarify what you mean by "stick the two parts on"? If your trying to sick a part on your model temporary just to see how it looks the buy some blue tac (poster tack). It's used to attach poster to walls without putting holes in walls. I would not us sculptures clay. From my experience some brands of sculptures clay can damage the plastic of the kit.

Okay, I am attaching the backpack of the Thunderbolt model to a Sinanju; permanently. Now I know that the parts are incompatible, due to the sloping back of the Sinanju and the one surface part on the backpack is a small flat rectangle with small plugs meant for that Gundam. Someone recommended possibly drilling the two parts together, but I'm not that confident in my skills (this is the first time kitbashing like this, and I'm a complete amateur).

I do want to thank Rxslinger for the advice of not using sculpters clay, at least hearing that narrows the list down of what to look for.

Looking back on another person who helped me get this project going suggested to also use glue, and maybe use modeling clay as well. As I had originally thought these had nubs/pegs to attach together, he had suggested filing them down. Well I found out that wasn't really the case; both requires plugs going into the back and the backpack (in on Sinanju and in on the backpack, if that makes sense to you guys).

I am literally almost done with the project, I just need a way to put these assembled parts together, and then have a stand that will hold them up together.
    Last edited by Adrian Guardia; October 12, 2017 at 5:36 PM.

So youre trying to attach a female piece to a female piece? If So you could make something out of runners do you have pictures of the parts?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Pictures would be very helpful, if you could please
    WIP page : http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...rage-of-Gunpla

Completed kits
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...ed-quot-builds

"What about the reality where Hitler cured cancer, Morty? The answer is: Don't think about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Daltrons-counter-attack View Post
    So youre trying to attach a female piece to a female piece? If So you could make something out of runners do you have pictures of the parts?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
    I don't have any pictures yet, but I can take some after I charge the battery. It may be a while before I send them, they should be up by tomorrow.

Both models have been assembled, but I can show you where I need expert advise.

I talked with someone who used to assemble various models at Hobby Lobby, and he recommended I use the clay called Green Stuff that Gamers Workshop sells. I remember that a long time ago I did use that kind of clay and thought that it could solve my problem.
    P1010112.jpg P1010113.jpg
    These are the pictures I just submitted involving the back of Sinanju and the backpack of Gundam Thunderbolt.
    Last edited by Adrian Guardia; October 16, 2017 at 8:27 PM. Reason: added pictures