Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

I have a few questions...

Firstly, I was removing the seam lines on the thigh of my LM-HG Eva-02 and I came across a problem; I apply the cement to the seam lines, I press them together, let them dry, remove the excess with an Xacto knife, and I sand it down a little bit to make it even. It looked fine at first, but then when I was about to start topcoating it, I noticed a faint line where the seam used to be that was a lighter shade of the plastic that I fused together. Did I do something wrong? (I used Testors plastic cement in case any of you were wondering)

Secondly, when I sand down nub marks, do I paint over the white-ish mark where the nub used to be in the same color as the plastic?

Thirdly, do I topcoat the individual pieces before or after I build the model?

And finally, I know I use the peg-and-hole system to join the pieces together, but should I put plastic cement in the hole and on the peg just to make sure it stays together?

Re: I have a few questions...

I have had this problem to. I came to the conclusion that the sanding of plastic always turns the plastic a lighter shade. I always just use my knife to get it even, on being marks to. And your last question, I always try and use as little cement as possible. If your using a plastic cement to much can melt your pieces lol. It's happen to me more than once

Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    I have had this problem to. I came to the conclusion that the sanding of plastic always turns the plastic a lighter shade. I always just use my knife to get it even, on being marks to. And your last question, I always try and use as little cement as possible. If your using a plastic cement to much can melt your pieces lol. It's happen to me more than once
    Would priming with Mr. Surfacer after sanding reduce color issues? It would make sense if you are covering the plastic cement remains and sanding efforts with a smooth Primer...

Yeah that could work. Also check to see if the paints are not reacting to the cement. Sanding plastic also makes it more absorbent, so next time just go over that area a couple of times to get that solid color in their

- - - Updated - - -

When your talking about top coating, I do each piece separately. But this can lead to pegs getting a little harder to push in, which isn't a bad thing sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy3394 View Post
    Would priming with Mr. Surfacer after sanding reduce color issues? It would make sense if you are covering the plastic cement remains and sanding efforts with a smooth Primer...
    You always prime a kit if you intend to paint it. Even if your painting the kit the same color as the plastic. priming covers in perfections and give the paint something to hold onto.