Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Hello from Iceland

Yo.
    The gaming store just grew a gundam shelf. Hooked bad. Literally dreamt about nondescript gundams. Never even seen an episode.

Collection already numbers: Reginlaze (Julia Custom), Astaroth Origin and Astaroth. Astaroth Origin is my Fave, hope it gets more attenton and an eventual RG. I hate the big Astaroth glove, the July version will be a huge upgrade, stupid Bandai for not just releasing that one immediately!
    I already got Action bases and some weapon packs, I most enjoy to equip and pose my models, Gundam Scratch that itch in a way I've never experienced before, now I have the itch for more Gundam.

2 Graze variants and an RG 7-Sword(something-something lotsa numbers) on the boat.

My newbie questions:
    1) What are your favourite HG's and RG's? I like that size.
    2) Are drastic colour differences between advertised and received kits okay? I'm thinking IBA options set 9 whose Geirail parts weren't even yellow and Graze parts were grey instead of the advertised green.
    3) How rare are P-Bandai Exclusives? I want the RG Sabre Quanta but I wont allow myself to spend more $$$ on hobbies for the next 4 weeks. Will it be literally unattainable 1 month from now or is it fine If I wait a little?
    4) What are the most disappointing RG's you've received?

Bonus question:
    Is it me or does the gundam fanbase have an entire Zaku-obsessed subculture?

Re: Hello from Iceland

Welcome!

1. I have limited experience with Hg and Rg however right now my fav. Rg kit is Gold Frame amamastu. Great colors, details and fun to build. My fav Hg are from the 00 line, and Gbf. I'm a big 00 fan hence the preference.

2. I've never had any problems with this thing

3. Being from the US, I find that the majority of P-Bandai kits get sold out quickly. However there are usually some good vendors that have a few here and there, but expect to pay more $ after its released imo.

4. Rg Exia R2, pretty much the same build as 001. Nothing flashY other than the Gn sword III.

Yes, but the first rule of zaku subculture is not to speak of zaku subculture... jk but yea it Def has a huge following.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Welcome to the money pit we call Gunpla!! SEIG ZEON!!

1. Favorite HG or RG?? That is such a tough question. I like them all in one way or another. To hard to pick a favorite. But there is the Sinaju, ZAKU, Chars ZAKU, the Z'gok, and Chars Z'gok.

2.Well as for the option set 9 it says "Parts come molded in green white and grey. A good bit of the time the pictures are of professionally painted kits. Kind of to show you what can be done.

3.They can be rare and sometimes hard to get outside of Japan. There are a few sites that you can order them through. Just for the most part stay off e-bay, not always but a good bit of time they drastically over charge for the kits. I do a good bit of ordering from www.genteikits.com they are good to go and only up charge a minimum. Lets face it he is a store so there has to be some profit in it for them. But I would order it as soon as you can. Once they sell out you are at the mercy of E-Bay.

4Hands down the worst RG made to date was and always will be the ZETA. Very sad because I do love the Zeta platform. I have it in PG, MG, HG and in RG. the problem is that they tried to hard to make it a fully transforming Gundam like the MG and PG. It did not work out to well. Stupid me I still have 2 of them.

The bonus question: I don't understand the question. You ask this as if you seem to think that there is another suit better than the mighty ZEON?? and the Glorious ZAKU. And all of the Moon Eye suits that were spond from it.

O' wait I get it you actually think that GMs were built for something other than to be fodder for the ZAKU to destroy. I understand, simple mistake to make. It's OK

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

1) What are your favourite HG's and RG's?

--- I think hands down for me will be the god gundam. The pose-ability for this guy is endless. The Centre of Gravity on this thing is great! Lastly with the name like god gundam where can you go wrong?

Have not build an RG b4 so I really do not know where to comment on that

2) Are drastic colour differences between advertised and received kits okay?

--- most of the time what you see the colour in the artwork does not really represent the colours of the kits. That's y I guess so many of us rely on painting it to our liking

3) How rare are P-Bandai Exclusives?

-- I guess if you have to patient then wait it out otherwise it's better to pre-order if possible

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I should go for that Exclusive fast before it's gone, although its gonna be through E-bay despite warnings :P
    USA to Iceland shipping has atrocious rates!

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

What about Japan to Iceland? Most of the p-Bandai will be from china or Hong Kong.

- - - Updated - - -

Gentei kits is out of Japan. We (in the US don't really have a direct way to get p-Bandai yet. So all P-Bandai come from Japan.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Favourite RG's + HG's:
    RG:
    -MK II AEUG (arguably the best RG ever for stability, and definitely for inner frame)
    - Astraea (i don't own it but google "RG Exia Lady Justice Custom" - its the Astraea and its gorgeous
    - Astray Red frame
    - 00 raiser
    - RG Aile Strike - google "RG Aile Strike Azzuro" - its the nicest Aile Strike you'll ever have the pleasure of viewing.
    HG:
    - GM Ground Type
    - Jesta cannon
    - GP02A (MLRS Type) - google "1/144 RX-78 GP02A Gundam 'Physalis' Modeled by 模民小卒 " - this thing is one of the most beautiful builds I've ever seen
    - Barbatos (1st form)

2) The kits always look awesome on the box art, the colour differences aren't usually too bad especially on RG kits but it will always look like plastic - best to get into painting, or atleast buy some Mr Topcoat Flat!

3) How rare are P-Bandai Exclusives? If you know where to look you can find most of them, besides eBay (try to avoid because they overcharge loads like gundammonkey said) try to learn how to use Taobao.com, you have to get a 'forwarder' to send you your items though (I use basetao) - i would say in a month you will most likely be able to get that P-Bandai, yes, you'll defo be ordering that from Japan/china though so best to get into Taobao now, and grab some tools like chisels and metal detail parts while you're at it if you're gonna get deeper into this! Let me know if you want to know more.

4) What are the most disappointing RG's you've received?
    I like all of them, and I've got a few, yeah some of them are finicky but thats the nature of the real grade, as long as it looks awesome (which all RG's do in my opinion), I'm not too bothered about it not being super posable or parts falling off - once i display it it stays in the same pose and i don't touch it).