Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

MSG Dalton counter-attack

IMG_0002 (5).jpgThe small sheets not the stickers mike

Those look like normal marking decals that come with kits they should just be a normal sticker. Dry transfers will have a cover to keep it from sticking to things and waterslides you will have to cut around the decal

see you later space cowboy

Left is waterslide right is dry transfer

Re: MSG Dalton counter-attack

​So to apply cut round part.....place and remove top paper ...is that correct

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

No there is a bit more to it. The dry transfer you would (at least this is how I do it) cut the decal out and CARFULLY place where you want it. Then make final adjustments and get it just right. Then take a small piece of tape and tape the edge of the decal onto the part so it does not move I use then end of a q-tip stick (I take the cotton off so it is just a stick) and rub the decal and it will "transfer" onto the part.

For water slides it is a bit easier. Again this is only the way I do it. Someone else might do it differently or have a better way.

Cut around the decal and (I use a pair of tweezers to hold the decal) set it in water for about 15 to 30 seconds. Then take the decal to the part and the place you want it to be and carefully slide it off of The backing onto the part. I use a blunted wooden round toothpick, I never touch the decal with my fingers, I have had them stuck to me instead of the part and that always sucks.
    After the decal is where you want it, dab it dry with a tissue and then let it fully dry by air.

If you want to practice just get a super cheap model of what ever it really dose not matter it is for testing purposes anyway. Then you can test water slides and you also have a test model for trying out paint!

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

I personally use a damp qtip to move the waterslides around then use the dry side to carefully soak up any big drops of water, I don't use the dry transfers that much so I cant comment on that really

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    No there is a bit more to it. The dry transfer you would (at least this is how I do it) cut the decal out and CARFULLY place where you want it. Then make final adjustments and get it just right. Then take a small piece of tape and tape the edge of the decal onto the part so it does not move I use then end of a q-tip stick (I take the cotton off so it is just a stick) and rub the decal and it will "transfer" onto the part.

For water slides it is a bit easier. Again this is only the way I do it. Someone else might do it differently or have a better way.

Cut around the decal and (I use a pair of tweezers to hold the decal) set it in water for about 15 to 30 seconds. Then take the decal to the part and the place you want it to be and carefully slide it off of The backing onto the part. I use a blunted wooden round toothpick, I never touch the decal with my fingers, I have had them stuck to me instead of the part and that always sucks.
    After the decal is where you want it, dab it dry with a tissue and then let it fully dry by air.

If you want to practice just get a super cheap model of what ever it really dose not matter it is for testing purposes anyway. Then you can test water slides and you also have a test model for trying out paint!
    Have no problems with Water decals....its those in the photo I have come across....so your explanation was very good and a great help.....thank you for your time and intervention...appredciate that mike

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daltrons-counter-attack View Post
    I personally use a damp qtip to move the waterslides around then use the dry side to carefully soak up any big drops of water, I don't use the dry transfers that much so I cant comment on that really

Thanks for your viewing comments very kind and its also appreciated mike

You are welcome I try to help as much as I can even if it's not much