Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Photobucket Stops All Posting

This is a heads up for everyone, as it has hit me personally hard. Photobucket has decided to start charging obscene amounts of money to link to images, or to display images on other sites, referred to as 3rd party hosting. They now want $99 dollars a year just to share image links, and $399 dollars a year to Display images. My old gundam games have been decimated of their images, and all the links to photoshops I have done for people over the years are now broken.

Anyone who has them, beware, your images are still on their servers, but no existing links, or [img type pictures work anymore.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Re: Photobucket Stops All Posting

Mine seem to be holding up just fine.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Switch to imgur?

Quote Originally Posted by Iris_Aznable View Post
    Switch to imgur?
    Thats basically what I'm doing, their service has been trash for a long time and the only reason I kept using the site was because I had a ton of pictures there but to heck with them, I'm downloading what I don't already have, deleting everything else then sending them a e-mail that they can stuff my account up their ass

I am having some ads issue with them ATM... So what is the next best website to host our pics if we avoid photo bucket now?

Hmm I have not been charged for anything yet.. and if they ask for money I will go with imgur lol. Their mobile app is actually pretty stable and useful, the PC version is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris_Aznable View Post
    Switch to imgur?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgt1977 View Post
    I am having some ads issue with them ATM... So what is the next best website to host our pics if we avoid photo bucket now?

I use Flickr with no problem

Super Moderator

Welp, F)C* Photobucket. I have a couple of thousand pics on different forums hosted there. No way am i reuploading them to Imgur, Flickr, etc and editing them. Been using PB for over a decade now, and then this happens. :/

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

man this really sucks. ive been using photobucket for a long time now. how the hell do they think image hosting is worth $400 dollars. what the fu<%? it looks like only a few of the pics on my WIP thread are gone although 99% of them are hosted on photobucket. i guess ill try imgur. i do still intend to come back to gunpla. so i need something.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Luckily all the pictures I have on PB I still have on my computer, so no need to try and down load them off the sight. But I have been using tapAtalk with my phone lately. But I guess I will have to get something like imgur also for when I get my real camera back up and working.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    Luckily all the pictures I have on PB I still have on my computer, so no need to try and down load them off the sight. But I have been using tapAtalk with my phone lately. But I guess I will have to get something like imgur also for when I get my real camera back up and working.
    I personally use the app and a camera app called cameringo

see you later space cowboy

This is screwed up. I noticed this last week when I tried to post some pics on another forum. They are friggin' insane if they think people are going to pay 400 dollars a year to be able to link the pics on forums and sites alike... it sucks because everything I ever posted on all forums (a frequent a lot of different ones) now no longer work, but at least all the pics I have on photobucket are uploaded there with the only reason to link them to forums etc... I'll probably close my account and use flickr

Have you guys successfully downloaded all your pics off photobucket? I've been trying to do it for the past 2 days with no luck.

I moved all my pics to one album so I can download them all at once with ease. I keep getting "hmm something didn't click. Want to give it another shot? Try again later"

Seems like I might have to download each pic individually...smh