Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast

Re: RP: Star Wars: Ride of the Renegades

Owen was about to reply to Ann when Arwen pulled them out of hyperdrive. Owen's pressure raised with annoyance as he turned around and stared at her to the point you thought he was burning holes into her, "First off: Don't. Touch. My. Controls. Second off: I thought those codes would keep us undetected. Next time bring that part up. Finally, The infinite Empire is a long dead carcass many have tried from the Sith to the Republic to the last Empire tried to reclaim in glory. Frankly If you guys think these ruins are part of them...then we are heading to something worse than Sith" he warned, "Rakatan were what the Sith only DREAMED of in terms of mastering the Dark Side...we're walking into some dangerous stuff people."

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Owen was about to reply to Ann when Arwen pulled them out of hyperdrive. Owen's pressure raised with annoyance as he turned around and stared at her to the point you thought he was burning holes into her, "First off: Don't. Touch. My. Controls. Second off: I thought those codes would keep us undetected. Next time bring that part up. Finally, The infinite Empire is a long dead carcass many have tried from the Sith to the Republic to the last Empire tried to reclaim in glory. Frankly If you guys think these ruins are part of them...then we are heading to something worse than Sith" he warned, "Rakatan were what the Sith only DREAMED of in terms of mastering the Dark Side...we're walking into some dangerous stuff people."
    "Sorry about that," Arwen meekly said as she could sense Owen's anger. She then firmly replied ",but if we went into Hyperspace, we'll probably get pulled out.

"Here, take a look for yourself," Arwen said as she pulled up a Hyperspace chart showing a huge gravity projection encompassing the whole star system.

"I talked with some the intelligence officers on the Unyielding, and they said that one would need special codes to bypass the gravity well generator. The codes that I pulled are only good for use within this system. Believe me, I'd like to take us to Dagobah to do some training there as it is nearby and we could get a message out to Master Skywalker, but the fact of the matter is that we are trapped here.

"Despite our circumstances, the fact that these Imperials are digging around these ruins is reason enough why we need to investigate those ruins ourselves, learn what these Remnants are up to, and stop them."

By now, the shuttle was passing by Asterious. So far, Archaic One hasn't encountered any trouble.

"So tell me Owen, where did you learn about the Force? Like me, you must of had a mentor who taught you the ways of the Force."
    Last edited by Zeta; January 10, 2018 at 6:03 PM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

*after she left*

"BX 1, BX 2. Command code "Sith Actual"." said Traya

"Confirmed. Rodger, Rodger." repeated both droids

It should be enough. They send an emergency transmission back to Pint if anything happens to me or if they happen to be destroyed. It'll bounce thru a lot of systems before getting to Pint but better this way. thought Traya as he looked at around, saw he didn't need anything then left his room and headed for the hanger to leave the ship, "Commando's with me."

*his BX droids followed Traya*

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Between the Silken Prime and It's first moon laid a small outpost, manned by just twenty imperials. Most of them where the communications technicians and maintenance workers, six of them being crew for the ARC-170 fighters that where stationed at the station. Their days had mostly being filled with boredom and staring at blank screens. Till today.

"Lieutenant! Something is giving up Cronaun radiation at sector I-22!"

"Cronaun radiation? Are you certain?"

"Affirmative. There is a clear radiation mark right here" Technician pointed at his screen.

"All right. I'll have Lassaint to investigate it."

Down at the pilots quarters, the bored airmen where playing some sabacc to pass the time, when they where called to action. Ensign Lassaint was the pilot of ARC Skull 1. Ensign Louissen was pilot of Skull 2.

Within minutes, the crew was in their flight gear and insisde their ships. In no time, they had launched towards the burst.

"Saint, think it's the rebels?" Louissen asked?

"Could be. I haven't heard of any of our guys travelling through here. And I highly doubt they would be trying to jump to hyperspace while the Generator is active." Lassaint answered.

"What ever it is, I'm glad that it came this way. I would have literally died of boredom before the shift change."

"OK. Just keep your eyes peeled for the time being."

Koga was about to retort, going so far as to put a finger up when the smart part of his brain kicked in, pointing out the obvious and the fact the duo were in the right. His face told you that he was processing what they were saying, "Good Point" He finally admitted, returning to the controls as he heard Ann and Arwen talk. When the question popped in he sighed. He had a feeling this question would pop up.

"I did. Back when I was a Padawan in the Jedi Order." he said, noticing the two's eyes widen, "Oh? Did Dia forget to mention that bit to you two about me during your training sessions? Figures." he chuckled, shaking his head as he kept his eyes on the controls, "As for the Remnants looking for these artifacts they're meddling with power beyond comprehension. Both me, My Moth-Master, and Joriah Kaine know this fact...all too well" he said, taking in a deep breath as he retained focus at his controls.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Koga was about to retort, going so far as to put a finger up when the smart part of his brain kicked in, pointing out the obvious and the fact the duo were in the right. His face told you that he was processing what they were saying, "Good Point" He finally admitted, returning to the controls as he heard Ann and Arwen talk. When the question popped in he sighed. He had a feeling this question would pop up.

"I did. Back when I was a Padawan in the Jedi Order." he said, noticing the two's eyes widen, "Oh? Did Dia forget to mention that bit to you two about me during your training sessions? Figures." he chuckled, shaking his head as he kept his eyes on the controls, "As for the Remnants looking for these artifacts they're meddling with power beyond comprehension. Both me, My Moth-Master, and Joriah Kaine know this fact...all too well" he said, taking in a deep breath as he retained focus at his controls.
    Moth-? What did he mean by that? Did he perhaps mean... mother? Was his own mother his master? If that's the case, he's kind of like me.

"I see. To be honest, I've only been in the New Jedi Order for about three years. And even then, most of my training had already been completed, so I spent little time with Dia outside of short sessions with her or Master Skywalker or anyone else in the Praxeum. My true mentor, the one who taught me the most about the Force, was my mother as well. While she is longer alive, from a certain point of view she has never really died. She once had a saying that 'the Force is transformative, and never takes the same form twice. When we die, our souls flow into the cosmic stream of the Force. And it is through the Force, that we can hear the collective wisdom of all those that came before us. If you ever feel alone or that you need help, meditate and they will answer your call.' So while your mentor may be gone, she has never left your side," Arwen said to Owen. "All you need to do is just focus on a positive aspect of them while meditating, and they will heed your prayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Between the Silken Prime and It's first moon laid a small outpost, manned by just twenty imperials. Most of them where the communications technicians and maintenance workers, six of them being crew for the ARC-170 fighters that where stationed at the station. Their days had mostly being filled with boredom and staring at blank screens. Till today.

"Lieutenant! Something is giving up Cronaun radiation at sector I-22!"

"Cronaun radiation? Are you certain?"

"Affirmative. There is a clear radiation mark right here" Technician pointed at his screen.

"All right. I'll have Lassaint to investigate it."

Down at the pilots quarters, the bored airmen where playing some sabacc to pass the time, when they where called to action. Ensign Lassaint was the pilot of ARC Skull 1. Ensign Louissen was pilot of Skull 2.

Within minutes, the crew was in their flight gear and inside their ships. In no time, they had launched towards the burst.

"Saint, think it's the rebels?" Louissen asked?

"Could be. I haven't heard of any of our guys traveling through here. And I highly doubt they would be trying to jump to hyperspace while the Generator is active." Lassaint answered.

"What ever it is, I'm glad that it came this way. I would have literally died of boredom before the shift change."

"OK. Just keep your eyes peeled for the time being."
    Suddenly the sensors started going off as shuttle was being approached by two ARC-170's.

"Uh-oh. Looks like we're going to have company."

How could they have found us, unless... they must have detected our short jump.

Thinking on her feet, Arwen decided to improvise as best she could and swiftly put a plan into action.

"Niner?"

(Whoop-bloop)

"Plug into the ship's computer. Overload the flowtronics to the Hyperdrive motivator and shield generator. Let's make it look like we were attacked by 'Rebel' fighters."

(Whoop-bloop-bloop-whoop)

Niner then plugged into the ship and started carefully overloading the flowtronics to the Hyperdrive motivator and shield generator, making sure not to affect other vital systems such as life support and other electrical systems

"Owen, fly casually but make it look like we took some hits. I'll handle comms. If I have to guess, these guys are only here to investigate the Hyperspace disturbance we caused and I'd prefer that we avoid any sort of confrontation."

Arwen then calmed herself as took the headset and put it on, expecting an Imperial transmission to come online.

I pray to the Light Side that this works.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Owen was about to make a retort but her words rang in his ears. his face went from snark sarcasm to calm attentiveness. For a moment, he swore he could see Shanai's face looking over Arwen's shoulder, smiling and nodding at him. His face softened as he deflated a bit, knowing the solid truth behind her words...words Shanai echoed throughout her teachings to him...words that never truly died from his soul.

"You speak Truth, Master Jedi" he said, an air of respect emanating from his voice as he kept at the controls. When the ARC-170s appeared around them he groaned, "And like that Master Jedi I owe you an apology" he said hinting at their attempted Jump. He heard what the plan was, nodding to indicate that he condoned the small damaging to his ship. As the fighters swarmed around them, he let his mother's voice calm him as he focused on his task of piloting the ship onward.

"Do what you do best Master Arwen."

Sword Freak

Padawan.....So.....Dia knew him and that's why she wanted to see him......I need to dig deeper. Ann listened to Owen and Arwen carefully. As the warnings went off, she took the nearest seat and strapped in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Moth-? What did he mean by that? Did he perhaps mean... mother? Was his own mother his master? If that's the case, he's kind of like me.

"I see. To be honest, I've only been in the New Jedi Order for about three years. And even then, most of my training had already been completed, so I spent little time with Dia outside of short sessions with her or Master Skywalker or anyone else in the Praxeum. My true mentor, the one who taught me the most about the Force, was my mother as well. While she is longer alive, from a certain point of view she has never really died. She once had a saying that 'the Force is transformative, and never takes the same form twice. When we die, our souls flow into the cosmic stream of the Force. And it is through the Force, that we can hear the collective wisdom of all those that came before us. If you ever feel alone or that you need help, meditate and they will answer your call.' So while your mentor may be gone, she has never left your side," Arwen said to Owen. "All you need to do is just focus on a positive aspect of them while meditating, and they will heed your prayer."

Suddenly the sensors started going off as shuttle was being approached by two ARC-170's.

"Uh-oh. Looks like we're going to have company."

How could they have found us, unless... they must have detected our short jump.

Thinking on her feet, Arwen decided to improvise as best she could and swiftly put a plan into action.

"Niner?"

(Whoop-bloop)

"Plug into the ship's computer. Overload the flowtronics to the Hyperdrive motivator and shield generator. Let's make it look like we were attacked by 'Rebel' fighters."

(Whoop-bloop-bloop-whoop)

Niner then plugged into the ship and started carefully overloading the flowtronics to the Hyperdrive motivator and shield generator, making sure not to affect other vital systems such as life support and other electrical systems

"Owen, fly casually but make it look like we took some hits. I'll handle comms. If I have to guess, these guys are only here to investigate the Hyperspace disturbance we caused and I'd prefer that we avoid any sort of confrontation."

Arwen then calmed herself as took the headset and put it on, expecting an Imperial transmission to come online.

I pray to the Light Side that this works.
    Sergeant Cross noticed the commotion in the cockpit and rushed there.

"Master Jedi, may give your droid an request? We may able to fool the Imperials more effectively."

Lassaint and Louissen had reached the Theta and made a quick pass at it's six a clock from right to left.

"Skull 2, looks like a Theta, possibly damaged."

"Affirmative Skull 1. We got any units with Theta still in use? I tend to forget sometimes."

"There is the 8th Logistical at the first moon. I'll hail them, stay on guard."

Lassaint contacted the shuttle.

"Unknow shuttle, this Skull 1 of Outpost Jin, identify yourself and your mission."
    Last edited by Dom Tropen MS-09D; January 17, 2018 at 4:07 AM.

Owen was about to make a retort but her words rang in his ears. his face went from snark sarcasm to calm attentiveness. For a moment, he swore he could see Shanai's face looking over Arwen's shoulder, smiling and nodding at him. His face softened as he deflated a bit, knowing the solid truth behind her words...words Shanai echoed throughout her teachings to him...words that never truly died from his soul.

"You speak Truth, Master Jedi" he said, an air of respect emanating from his voice as he kept at the controls. When the ARC-170s appeared around them he groaned, "And like that Master Jedi I owe you an apology" he said hinting at their attempted Jump. He heard what the plan was, nodding to indicate that he condoned the small damaging to his ship. As the fighters swarmed around them, he let his mother's voice calm him as he focused on his task of piloting the ship onward.

"Do what you do best Master Arwen."
    Arwen was a bit stunned by what Owen had just said to her. He had finally and sincerely acknowledged her as a Jedi. She turned her head quickly towards Owen with a surprised look and said ",Thank you, Master Owen. I certainly will."

She turned back to the control panel as it sparked from the flowtronic overload. "Easy Niner, you don't need to go overboard!" Arwen exclaimed to her droid. The droid then slightly reduced the overload so as to not destroy something vital.

Sergeant Winters noticed the commotion in the cockpit and rushed there.

"Master Jedi, may give your droid an request? We may able to fool the Imperials more effectively."

Lassaint and Louissen had reached the Theta and made a quick pass at it's six a clock from right to left.

"Skull 2, looks like a Theta, possibly damaged."

"Affirmative Skull 1. We got any units with Theta still in use? I tend to forget sometimes."

"There is the 8th Logistical at the first moon. I'll hail them, stay on guard."

Lassaint contacted the shuttle.

"Unknow shuttle, this Skull 1 of Outpost Jin, identify yourself and your mission."
    Upon hearing him enter the cockpit, Arwen turned around to see the sergeant and said, "If you have something up your sleeve, feel free to use it. This is just something that I improvised that should fool them."

A light started blinking on the control console, signifying that there was an incoming transmission.

"They're hailing us now. Do you want me open a line? And if so, do you have any suggestions as to what to say? I'm only going to use the Force only if we have to."
    Last edited by Zeta; January 17, 2018 at 5:33 AM.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Arwen was a bit stunned by what Owen had just said to her. He had finally and sincerely acknowledged her as a Jedi. She turned her head quickly towards Owen with a surprised look and said ",Thank you, Master Owen. I certainly will."

She turned back to the control panel as it sparked from the flowtronic overload. "Easy Niner, you don't need to go overboard!" Arwen exclaimed to her droid. The droid then slightly reduced the overload so as to not destroy something vital.

Upon hearing him enter the cockpit, Arwen turned around to see the sergeant and said, "If you have something up your sleeve, feel free to use it. This just something that I improvised that should fool them."

A light started blinking on the control console, signifying that there was an incoming transmission.

"They're hailing us now. Do you want me open a line? And if so, do you have any suggestions as to what to say? I'm only going to use Force only if we have to."
    "All right, Niner, was it? Pull me a ship catalog we if we recovered one and find if there is any Thetas on register. Also get related personel files from the unit that uses them. And finally get me a location on Imperial outposts on Silken Prime."
    Cross then turned to Arwen. "Hold off our response till we have the info." Niner quickly got all the necessary information for Cross. "Thank you, little fellow." Cross then opened the line to Lassaint.

"This is Shuttle Endearing, of the 8th Logistics, Maintenance Officer Elvin and his crew of nine. We where heading to weather station Longfall on Prime when we where attacked by rebel fighters. Our shields are overloading and our hyperdrive is malfunctioning, you must have picked up our unintended jump."

"This is Skull 1 to Endearing, please transmit clearance code 88-66-21. Stand by till confirmation."

Cross looked at Arwen and Owen, mildly positive look on his face.

"This is Skull 1, your code checks out. Can you proceed to your destination?"

"I think we should be able to. "

"We'll escort you to the atmosphere, from there you can head for the Capital shipyard and repair your vessel."

"Understood Skull 1. Appreciate it." Cross closed the comm.

"Now, we must follow them in. No sudden movements, just calmly follow them."

"All right, Niner, was it? Pull me a ship catalog we if we recovered one and find if there is any Thetas on register. Also get related personel files from the unit that uses them. And finally get me a location on Imperial outposts on Silken Prime."
    Cross then turned to Arwen. "Hold off our response till we have the info." Niner quickly got all the necessary information for Cross. "Thank you, little fellow." Cross then opened the line to Lassaint.

"This is Shuttle Endearing, of the 8th Logistics, Maintenance Officer Elvin and his crew of nine. We were heading to weather station Longfall on Prime when we were attacked by rebel fighters. Our shields are overloading and our hyperdrive is malfunctioning, you must have picked up our unintended jump."

"This is Skull 1 to Endearing, please transmit clearance code 88-66-21. Stand by till confirmation."

Cross looked at Arwen and Owen, mildly positive look on his face.

"This is Skull 1, your code checks out. Can you proceed to your destination?"

"I think we should be able to. "

"We'll escort you to the atmosphere, from there you can head for the Capital shipyard and repair your vessel."

"Understood Skull 1. Appreciate it." Cross closed the comm.

"Now, we must follow them in. No sudden movements, just calmly follow them."
    Arwen couldn't help but be stunned in awe of the sergeant's remarkable persuasion skills. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped a little as she sat in shock of what she witnessed. "That was most impressive Sergeant Cross."

(WHOOP! WHOO-WHOO WHOP BLOP?)

"Yes, you were impressive as well Niner. Now you could please, stabilize the ship. We need arrive on Silken in one piece in order to begin our survey."

(Whoop bloop)

I'll have to remember to take those factors into account next this happens.

"Well Owen, shall we continue?"
    Last edited by Zeta; January 27, 2018 at 9:18 AM.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Owen nodded, growling a bit as he noticed his controls becoming sluggish, "Niner I think you might have tampered with my controls, see if you can fix that...Sergeant, inform them that the damage has made the controls sluggish so they might want to hold off on the speed" he spoke, keeping the controls on course as they moved onto their destination, "I hate to say this folks, but I think the damaged part worked a little too well" he chuckled, stabilizing the ship just enough to stay smooth. He looked over at Arwen, smiling a bit before looking back forward, "Master Shanai would have liked you" he said suddenly, "The way you said what you said I'd swear you were a padawan to her" he said as he felt an air of peace over him...something he hadn't felt in a long time since Shanai's...Like a flicker of flame snuffed out, the peace disappeared as that day came rushing back to his mind, his face turning bitter once more as he gripped his controls.

Sword Freak

Gorog went into the hangar and nonchalantly waved at the team.

Owen nodded, growling a bit as he noticed his controls becoming sluggish, "Niner I think you might have tampered with my controls, see if you can fix that...Sergeant, inform them that the damage has made the controls sluggish so they might want to hold off on the speed" he spoke, keeping the controls on course as they moved onto their destination, "I hate to say this folks, but I think the damaged part worked a little too well" he chuckled, stabilizing the ship just enough to stay smooth. He looked over at Arwen, smiling a bit before looking back forward, "Master Shanai would have liked you" he said suddenly, "The way you said what you said I'd swear you were a padawan to her" he said as he felt an air of peace over him...something he hadn't felt in a long time since Shanai's...Like a flicker of flame snuffed out, the peace disappeared as that day came rushing back to his mind, his face turning bitter once more as he gripped his controls.
    Niner plugged back into the ship and immediately went on stabilizing the ship and fixing the controls. These were easy fixes for an astromech, even moreso since he knew where exactly the damage was created. To help alleviate the sluggish controls, Niner also adjusted the trim slightly to better compensate for the shuttle's slow movement. This was a rare moment for Niner as he usually only fixes what is necessary, he doesn't usually go the extra click when it comes to repairs.

As Niner was making repairs to the shuttle, Arwen heard what Owen had said about her mother's teachings being similar to his own master's. "Well, there are/were many believers of the Force. There's the Church of the Force, the Sisterhood of the Stars, and other regional sects. It just so happens that the Jedi were the largest and most well know practitioners of the Force. But even so, thank you for the compliment," Arwen replied as she too smiled at Owen. While she could sense the flicker of Light within Owen, at the same time Arwen could sense a bit... despair emanating from him. "Let me give you another piece of my mentor's teachings: she once said that 'One cannot allow their past to chain themselves. For if you do, you can never advance. While it is true that bonds can be broken, at the same time they can be remade into something stronger.'"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Gorog went into the hangar and nonchalantly waved at the team.
    "Ah, the final quest has arrived." Pliskin said upon spotting Gorog.

"Have him board ASAP, well lift off immediately as his in."

As everyone was in, Jonson guided the shuttle out of the hangar and into space.

Cpt,Orson entered into the cargo hold to prep everyone.

"All right everyone, get ready to play your part. Rowbacc and Yondu, you will be wearing these." Orson handed them a pair of electrocuffs each." Don't worry, they wont be locked and if need arises, you can easily break out of them. You need them to look the part."

"And for you, Quiet Man" Pliskin handed Gorog a full set of standard stormtrooper armor. "Your own attire is a bit too conspicuous, so wear this. Also, here is the code to reset the helmet optics. Most rookies forget that and can't see bugger out of these."

"Keep the chatter to a minimum once we are inside. We need to keep our cover as long as possible. If we are lucky, we'll be in and out before the Imps get what's going on."

On P4. Dia had come to and was figuring out if she could escape. Her cell had no large air vents or other weak spots. The door was reinforced and could not be bent with her set of skills. Her planning was halted by a guard and a servant entering.

"Time for your dinner. Be quick about it." The servant, a young woman in her twenties, walked over to Dia, who was chained to the wall. "It's not great, but I hope this food helps you to recover." The girl said, preparing to administer the meal.

"Thank you, it will certainly help." Dia said. But suddenly servant's eyes rolled to white and her body went stiff. "Hold steadfast, your liberation is at hand." Dia was taken back, but chose to not respond. The girl returned to normal after the message.

"I'm sorry, getting tired a bit."

"That's ok, just do your best."

As the girl left, Dia was pondering. She could feel the presence of Dark Side as the girl gave her the vague message. She wondered if something was amiss.