Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344 LastLast

Re: RP:Star Wars:Ride of the Renegades Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    Jedi is it's own class when you use Star Wars RPG books over DnD books......

- - - Updated - - -

Or a Soul Blade. It's not a basic class though.
    See we've only got DnD books (specifically 5th Edition books) to work with, so we're trying figure out where they would fit using those books. The more I think about it though, I think a case could be made that Jedi could fall under the Paladin class.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I was one of those people who were pissed about how 4th edition was so I only did tabletop with that system for Star Wars. Most times we used 3.5, unless we were doing a Call of Chthulu RP, that book only came out as 3rd edition. The shop I used to go to went under so I haven't done tabletop RPGs in a long time.

Fun side note, the Part 2 of the Star Wars RP we did I played a droid that looked like a Gouf, then was upgraded to look like the Epyon. I did side character stuff during that arc so I was given more leeway as to what I could get away with. I was just playing it all out so when Part 3 started I knew what happened in between. And no, I played a Jedi Sentinel. The DM said I played a Sentinel the exact way he viewed them. I was working my way towards the specific dark side hunter class before the RP ended. I did a heroic sacrifice. Severed the Force from all dark siders within my range. Killed me, but it made the boss battle easier for the rest of the team. It was one of those natural D20 rolls, landed on 20 so it had to happen. Not the first time a roll of mine had messed up a DMs plans in tabletop. I had the Devil's luck in that shop. Anyone who wanted to pull something had me choose the card packs they wanted, usually ended up with a good pack (Magic: The Gathering ftr). Fun times.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Wow! Those sound like some fun times Exia. I think you'll like 5th Edition. It takes all of the good qualities of the 3.5 and the 4th Editions, combines them, and then streamlines all of those elements that results in simple and cohesive gameplay. A lot of the classes are really solid. For example, the Fighter does NOT suck (the honor of worst class in 5e belongs to the Ranger). I recommend either looking on the 5th Edition SRD site for more info, or looking up scans of the Player's Handbook. Then of course there's supplemental material like the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, and the new upcoming book Xanathar's Guide to Everything (which features new and improved class archetypes).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

There's no reason to. I don't do tabletop's anymore.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Aw, that's a shame. You would be a blast to have at any table.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Aw, that's a shame. You would be a blast to have at any table.
    Kinda not a people person, it was fun and all but the online one's are just as fun.

I'll give you my best "natural 20 fucks the DM". I was playing a Blade knockoff since at the time the third movie came out and there were some of us who really loved the series and also mocked it, so I made a half-vampire and went with the basic warrior class and just did vampire hunting (which only happened because the DM would throw it out there for me), stole what I could from them and sold it to get stuff to make a "serum" like Blade. We get deep into the story and I'm not vampire hunting, I don't even remember how I ended up getting talked into infiltrating a vampire city, bullshitted my way thru that and learned where the Sword of Kas was (my guy wanted that sword), found the camp that was gonna be the boss fight, ended up that the boss had the sword so when he turned his back I went for the attack. BAM! Natural 20, ruined the boss fight for the DM (he rolled to do something either sense or counterattack but he got the worse roll you can get, 1), but I got the Sword of Kas and I ended up gaining a zombie/skeleton warrior army that was loyal to my character. That whole story was all over the place. Best moment really, especially as I remember it the face the DM had was priceless. It was just muttering about how I won and what not. We probably paid for it later in the story, just can't seem to remember it. It's been like over a decade.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

From what I can tell the duo-now-trio are still underground, or at least inside a building, correct? Because Gorog is not going to blow the place with them still inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    From what I can tell the duo-now-trio are still underground, or at least inside a building, correct? Because Gorog is not going to blow the place with them still inside.
    I think the implication is that the trio are currently running out of the base, at least that's what I picked up. We'll have to wait for confirmation from the DM.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I think the implication is that the trio are currently running out of the base, at least that's what I picked up. We'll have to wait for confirmation from the DM.
    That is correct.

@Ken, we are waiting for ya.

Series of concentric interlinked esoteric simpsons refrences

Help us Keni-co-kenobi you're our only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Help us Keni-co-kenobi you're our only hope.
    Lmao.

Also your BF II sig makes me weeb, because it reminds me how wrong the new one went......

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Lmao.

Also your BF II sig makes me weeb, because it reminds me how wrong the new one went......
    I think EA saw that they did pretty good last year (by EA standards) they decided to come out with the trifecta of NFS Payback, ME Andromeda and BFII. But man did they really decide to drive home the issue with BFII. At least Andromeda was a mediocre attempt, and despite this speed card loot box stuff in NFS it still isn't completely bad in progression and they've already made the in game cash store better so it's not grinding races only. (Also it looks to be a step up from NFS2015 but that's not hard)

It's a shame really. I kinda had a feeling they'd do something like this when they said there'd be no paid DLC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    I think EA saw that they did pretty good last year (by EA standards) they decided to come out with the trifecta of NFS Payback, ME Andromeda and BFII. But man did they really decide to drive home the issue with BFII. At least Andromeda was a mediocre attempt, and despite this speed card loot box stuff in NFS it still isn't completely bad in progression and they've already made the in game cash store better so it's not grinding races only. (Also it looks to be a step up from NFS2015 but that's not hard)

It's a shame really. I kinda had a feeling they'd do something like this when they said there'd be no paid DLC though.
    I literally have no words for the garbage EA decided to pull......just wow. I'm legit mad over it, since I know for a fact that BFIIEA is actually god game thats being ruined with absolute greed.

Like they literally expected some one to spend 40 damn hours to unlock a single damn hero?

Like my sig said, something has to be done about old battlefront's kids.

But yeah it's some messed up stuff. I mean really locking heros in the first place is just out of place in battlefront let alone needing 40hours or so estimated to grind for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    That is correct.

@Ken, we are waiting for ya.
    Alright, Gorog will continue to hold off on the explosives until he sees the duo-now-trio.