Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Possible RP Idea for the Future

Since I can't do more than two RP's at once (First Colony and the Star Wars one once it gets off the ground) I'm just tossing this up here for the future. More on what it is once I put it up here. For everyone just ignore for now I'm just placing notes.

- - - Updated - - -

UCS Solano Main Computer Booting Up...

Engaging Startup of Captain's Log Program...Startup successful...

Captain Jordan Heinlein commanding...

Recording Active Captain...proceed with Log...

Captain's Log: April 5th, 2163. 63 years huh? Been that Long? Well this will be the first entry in a journal I will be keeping. Mainly for the point of our...predicament...point is I'm making these entries in the event they find our ship...dead or alive...and manage to get us home...or at least to our new home. But I'm getting ahead of myself, first we must go back to the beginning. It would be at the dawn of the 22nd century or 2100 for the avoidance of confusion, when they came. By They I mean giant insect like creatures we called "The Vermin", and they struck down upon us without warning and without mercy. Within the first three years, major cities were wiped out and countless humans were slaughtered. Everything seemed like we were done for till what would become the Colonial Defense Force came into view. I was among the few soldiers in this force, and one of the earlier pilots of what we now know as VMechs, transformable humanoid robots able to finally take down these monsters alongside our conventional mechs (now known today as Mini-Mechs) and conventional Areospace Fighters. It took us fifty years, but we did it, hunting them down till the last Vermin was destroyed. Sadly, it came with a price in the form of our beloved Blue Earth destroyed beyond repair. It seemed that the Vermin had won. But fate once again intervened in the form of us capturing a Vermin ship that had both its Shock Drive and its Star Charts intact. We put them to good use, reverse engineering the drive to allow us to construct ships that could travel faster than light, and using the Star Charts to find a new home for humanity. We found it in Sirius System of all places. There on Sirius I, we found a planet large enough to support Earth's survivors AND have the breathing room to grow over time. It was like a gift from the heavens after the hell we went through. However, we did not have all the ships ready for the travel yet. So a plan was formed that once a ship was complete they would immediately jump to Sirius and begin immediate colonization. For the next thirteen years over one hundred ships, carrying a grand total of 5 billion people (out of the 14 billion before the Vermin's War as we call it nowadays), have left Earth to begin a new life. There is only ruins, this space station, and of course us. We, the last remaining humans in the Solar System, are aboard the starship Solano preparing for the final launch to Sirius. With our launch, the human race will have conducted arguably the largest scale migration in our history. In fact, I think well be breaking a few records including largest colonization effort, largest reorganization...a lot of things. But the bottom line is humanity as a whole has hope.

Captain's Log: April 13th, 2163. It has been over a week since I did one of these entries, almost forgot to do it. Anywho, final preparations are complete and the ship is ready for departure. Our compliment of minimechs, fighters, VMechs, and marines are finally loaded on board. They along with the civilian/scientist population on board are eager to make the quick jump to Sirius and make landfall, I know how they feel. It's been quite lonely hear, wondering what will become of Mother Earth after we're gone. I begin to wonder if we ever return here she'll be fully healed. And even then...if she'll ever forgive us? But that will probably happen a thousand years from now, or that's how long the scientists say it will take for Earth to heal after so much damage to her biosphere.

Captain's Log: April 14th, 2163...11:40PM Earth Time. After much delay's and preparations and final adjustments, we are about to fire the Shock Drive. If all goes well, we should be seeing Sirius Prime or Terra Nova to some right in front of us when we Shock into the system.

Captain's Log: April 14th, 2163...Midnight Earth Time. Something has gone horridly wrong. When we engaged the shock drive, there was a massive overload to the Drive which while sent us through the tunnel, it has sent us way off course from our destination, as all we can see in front of us is the blackness of space. Our astrologers are working tirelessly with personnel to find out where the hell are we. Not only that but find out what the hell happened to our Shock Drives.

Captain's Log: April 15th, 2163. It would appear that not only did we get thrown off course, but we we overshot the target by 40 lightyears! Something has caused a massive malfunction in the Shock Drive that has rendered its charge time limited to 1 lightyear per jump, our engineers are still trying to figure out why and even if we can restore it to full power. It has left some of us worried that we may be lost in space...no pun intended.

Captain's Log: April 21st, 2163. I apologize for not making a log for the last few days...but its been hell. Aside from the usual hiccups with our shock drive (we are now 38 Lightyears from Sirius), we have also discovered something...we are not alone. It turns out that the Vermin are not the only aliens out here...and much like the Vermin they are not friendly to us. So far we have fought off some of their enemy units, what is disturbing is that they have mechs much like our own, but they are definitely not from Earth regardless of designs. We are preparing an operation to capture one of these enemy combatants, for interrogation and to find out why they are hostile to us.

Captain's Log: April 22nd, 2163. We managed to capture an enemy unit, however it came to a shock to us when we found that the pilot is almost exactly like us with some minor cosmetic and internal differences. However the alien, dubbed around the ship as a "Humanot", died of their wounds when we disabled their ship by accident. The Medical officers are performing an autopsy and preparing for proper burial protocols. It still disturbs me that this hostile enemy is almost like us in every way save for a few extra organs and cosmetic details. Makes me wonder humanity's origin.

Captain's Log: May 5th, 2163. It will be almost a month since we began our maiden voyage, and we are still only 36 lightyears away from Sirius and countless lightyears from Earth. We are slowly making our way to our new home, with little resources save what we mine or salvage, using as little food we can even though we have countless civilians and military personnel on board, and worst of all we have now a hostile alien enemy that seeks to either harrass or destroy us. God knows if we'll make it to Sirius, but I intend to try to the best of my ability as captain of the Solano...

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: Possible RP Idea for the Future

So it is sort of Star Trek Voyager meets Starship troopers with a bit of startgate mixed in. Lost in space from a warp core malfunction (star Trek), killing bugs (Troopers), now being chased by a mysterious bad guy that looks like us and having to stop at new a different worlds looking for supplies to survive the long trip home (stargate) Are the Vmechs like the Mechs from Macross? or more along the lines of Zeta IE Red Zeta, Gray Zeta and so on? So the Mini Mechs are like ?? The ones from Avatar, or the old cartoon EXo Squad or are they along the lines of the ZAKU and GM?

So far it has promise. But I agree, after one of the RPs we have going ends.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Bugs are long dead. forgot to mention the reason why they attacked humanity was that they were starving and desperate...we basically caused their extinction lol. VMechs are Macross obviously (and yes all Variable Fighters are welcome form Macross Prime [aka SDF Macross] to Macross Delta), Mini mechs are Scopedogs from Votoms (either that or Knightmare Frames from Code Geass depending on which is more popular), and areofighters are well areofighters (like Macross mechs all designs are welcome) XD. Aside from that its basically Macross meets Voyager. as for mysterious badguy, yeah spoiler alert, turns out we just happen to read like the bugs cause our Shock drive technically belongs to them and turns out they were former victims that survived the Vermin's attempted genocide and more on that as the story develops.

Pretty much most of the story is the in universe version of this. The RP is going to just be put here for the time being and if anyone is interested pop some ideas to improve the universe and make it cool. I made the aliens vague saying that while they look like us there are some cosmetic differences. what those are I'd leave up to suggestion of the players and such cause story wise there we would be taking some on board for the adventure.

But for now i'm just seeing what's what and who would be interested in this in the future once the active rps start clearing up. Also, suggestions for what Solano looks like is up for grabs

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I propose Armored Cores as a possible mecha choice. For larger the Armored Core through Last Raven ones, and V and Verdict Day for smaller ones. The NEXTs from 4 and For Answer would be to over-powered.

The ones from V and VD would definitely fit near the scopedog size.
    "In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

So Armored Core Mechs for the Minis? Its cool

Sword Freak

Well I can't speak for him but I'd rather Scopedogs personally but I'm biased.
    "In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

lol fair enough. Well see his verdict. and given im in a good mood >> <<...I may make the Scopedogs the old models and the AC the new ones that were currently being made as humanity began its exodus to Sirius

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if anyone has an idea for a ship design I'm all for it. Just keep in mind that it has to be a ship that can support over 500,000 people along with the equipment (military or otherwise) to support that kind of population. It can be any kind of design but it has to be like it came from Earth and it has to be cool XD Human/Alien Hybrid ships are also welcome so long as they are not organic.

Sword Freak

Have you seen the ship from the movie "Passengers" or a bigger version of the load out ship from "Aliens" because that one had big ass guns and a drop bay.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

Haven't yet. haven't seen the movie yet which is a shame cause I've been hearing good things about it XD

Sword Freak

Or a REALLY big Battlestar "Galactica" that would be cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Rent it from red box, I have it and found it rather boring. Don't get me wrong it was a good movie, just not a great movie.

USS Infinity from Halo 4.

Ok for ships we got

The One from Passengers (can't remember name)

UNSC Infinity (though it may need to be bigger as the normal one holds only 17K)

Battlestar Galactica (again Bigger)

As for mecha we got Scopedog and ACs for the mini mechs. Anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

I did some more thinking about it and I'm curious to hear you guys' response on this plus I have a question

1. do you think it be more practical to have a small fleet of ships or one singular vessel? in other words its basically one ship holding the civilians while it has a number of warships protecting it?

2. how many people could a normal O'Niell colony hold? (reason for this is cause I had the idea that to save time and resources they simply welded a few colonies together and made them mega ships lol)

Sword Freak