Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite Mobile Suit/Gundam/Mobile Armor

Okay, Silverframe and I had a discussion over the weekend of which mobile suit, which gundam, and which mobile armor were the best, statistically speaking. Here's what we came up with:

Best Mobile Suit: Zaku
    Reason: Literally the father of all mobile suits

Best Gundam: Wing Zero/Wing Zero Custom
    Reason: Never once was shot down by anyone and only was destroyed by heero himself. On top of that it has well balanced stats and speed

Best Mobile Armor: On Land, we determined that the Destroy was the best
    Reason: Sorry Kira, but your beam spamming abilities pail in comparison to that of the destroy. To boot, it has energy shields that cover it's entire body, the hands turn into dragoon pieces, and it just looks bad ass.

In space we decided on Kshatriya.
    Reason: High Speed, even for a mobile armor, high defensive points while letting funnels take care of everything else.

So we want to know what do you think are the best in these categories. Let us know!
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Zeta-G

Re: Favorite Mobile Suit/Gundam/Mobile Armor

Zaku.
    Turn A Gundam (seriously that thing will rape you and destroy the world with its butterfly wings)
    As for a mobile armor... If a METEOR unit counts (I don't see why not, Orchis does), I'd probably go with that due to how much damage Athrun and Cry Baby inflicted with them; otherwise the Destroy (in Berlin) was pretty lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    As for a mobile armor... If a METEOR unit counts
    Yep a METEOR unit counts, as does a Dendrobium and GN Arms.
    check me out on tumblr!!

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Super Moderator

Mobile Armor: Guntank...seriously
    Mobile Suit: Ahead
    Gundam: Gold Frame Amatsu/Astraea
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

But there's clearly a difference between 'best' and 'favourite'! And it really depends on the pilot, too - the single most-skilled pilot in all of CE certainly doesn't have the most advanced or versatile machine...
    I was led astray by bad directions.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles
    But there's clearly a difference between 'best' and 'favourite'! And it really depends on the pilot, too - the single most-skilled pilot in all of CE certainly doesn't have the most advanced or versatile machine...
    I assume that you are referring to Mu La Flaga.

ok for mobile suit: the gnx reason: the design is awesome and it crazy strong for gundam: exia reason: it uses seven swords and it just looks sweet for mobile armor: the destroy reason: its amazing it looks like its a combo of the big zam and psyco gundam and it has crazy amounts of weapons

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by GNzaku0023
    Okay, Silverframe and I had a discussion over the weekend of which mobile suit, which gundam, and which mobile armor were the best, statistically speaking.

So we want to know what do you think are the best in these categories. Let us know!
    Emphasis my own. I thought I'd remind others that this question concerns Performance/Power/Statistics not aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray
    Mobile Armor: Guntank...seriously
    Mobile Suit: Ahead
    Gundam: Gold Frame Amatsu/Astraea

I thought we talked about this Silver, the Guntank, no matter how cool it is to you, can't stand up to a lot. It got owned in just about every episode of 8th Ms Team, Is slow, even slower rate of fire, the cockpit is so blatantly obvious that Lockon Stratos' unborn 2yo son would have a field day with them, and they have zero ability to function in a Vaccum

For mobile suit, the Ahead was decent, but the Gundams had little to no trouble dispatching them along with the GNX-III's. Now the GN-X was something else, as the gundams were nearly destroyed by them.

And even though Gold Frame Amatsu was extremely overpowered, It couldn't defeat the highly Inferior Astray Red Frame.
    check me out on tumblr!!

Super Moderator

The Guntank was obviously FTL, but seriously. Amatsu could enter cloaking, steal your mobile suits energy and COMPLETELY drain it (unless of course you are stargazer), and had enough weapons to make russia look like a kid with a popgun.

The Ahead wasn't all that bad, and was better than the GN-X, but wasn't as nearly a big of a shock to Setsuna and CB. The GN-X just came out of nowhere, whereas the Ahead was improved and CB had gotten used to not having cakewalks anymore.

No the Ahead wasn't bad, and that's not what I was trying to get at. I was just pointing out that Guntank Sucked. A lot. A WHOLE LOT.

As for Amatsu, it still doesn't chane the fact that it was destroyed by a Prototype Astray Red Frame.
    check me out on tumblr!!

Super Moderator

Lowe had Hachi in Red Frame though, so he was cheating. Not only that, but if it wasn't for Blue Frame, Lowe would be lost in the internal vacuum of space and Rondo Mina Sahaku would continue her Killing spree.

Still doesn't change the fact it was owned.
    check me out on tumblr!!

Super Moderator

Oh yeah, well it would have done better if it was wearing a kilt.
    Everything is better with a kilt.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by GNzaku0023
    No the Ahead wasn't bad, and that's not what I was trying to get at. I was just pointing out that Guntank Sucked. A lot. A WHOLE LOT. ...
    Lynch him. NOW!!!