Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

RG 1/144 Gundam Unicorn!

I am new to this forum! Just heard about the RG 1/144 Gundam Unicorn from gundamkitcollection.com

Normally not a fan of RG kits, but I didn't like the HG Unicorn and it's variants.
    But I think the RG may change my mind about the Unicorn, if Bandai makes some significant improvements and
    address the issues from the HG.

What do you guys think?

Re: RG 1/144 Gundam Unicorn!

Mmmm... depends really. I'm not a big fan of the RG line, but I like the Unicorn's design. Honestly the one grade where Bandai nailed the Unicorn Gundam with a solid transformation mechanism is the PG Unicorn Gundam.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I love the RG line and am thoroughly impressed with the detail and engineering that they possess for their price and size. They seem more dedicated to collectors and adults.

As for unicorn, I wouldn't have high hopes. From everything i have seen, the MG was a disaster of sorts. Without some major impressive changes or lack of transformation, I see miniturizing the MG will only cause further problems.

Also, I'm tired of unicorn. The literally dozens of RDs, HGs, MGs, and slight variations of it is old. Also, to get a complete unicorn you will probably have to shell out a lot of money to pbandai and I think it's safe to assume banshee, phoenix, green psycho frame, and other variants will be abound P bandai releases for years to come because of this.

So, I'm generally more disappointed by it's announcement then excited.

I agree.. maybe I will consider either the PG or a SD Unicorn. The PG will be awesome, and the SD would filled the gap.. if the RG turn out not so great.

I have a few SD Unicorns, and I highly recommend them.

As for the RG...it's cool, but I busted my ass putting waterslide decals on the HG Unicorn Mode, and I'm too lazy to do it all over again.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

I liked the HG a lot; it's probably one of the more fun builds I've had. I had only built a handful of kits then and I enjoyed the complexity it had compared to my other kits.
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

I'm cautiously skeptical about it, I like the RG line but some kits are just to complex for their own good, like the Zeta Gundam which is known for it's bad transformation gimmick.
    It'll all come down to how they do it. I imagine that it'll be alot like a standard RG, but you choose to build it either in it's Destroy mode or standard Unicorn mode, but with this new Gunpla Evolution Project, who can say forsure?
    Oh well. What ever happens, happens.

What ever you're looking for, it's always in the last place you look.

Oh man.. maybe I will settle for the Robot Damashii version, I still have nightmares from my RG Sinanju lol

For a good RG kit, we need a proper inner frame (destroy mode) or it is the Sinanju all over again!

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy Build View Post
    Oh man.. maybe I will settle for the Robot Damashii version, I still have nightmares from my RG Sinanju lol

For a good RG kit, we need a proper inner frame (destroy mode) or it is the Sinanju all over again!
    Don't you mean the Zeta? The Sinanju was rather good. Granted it was not as sturdy and the Mark II But was not a nightmare, that distinction is saved for the Zeta.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Oh that's good to know, I watched the review on the Zeta... what a mess!

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Oh that's good to know, I watched the review on the Zeta... what a mess!
    That part that really bites is that when the RG Zeta came out I got a couple different versions. I really like the Zeta line, so now I have a couple Zeta forever sitting in their boxes after I built one.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    That part that really bites is that when the RG Zeta came out I got a couple different versions. I really like the Zeta line, so now I have a couple Zeta forever sitting in their boxes after I built one.
    I love the Zeta, but I really hate the RG Zeta's transformation. Due to it, the zeta's joints(mainly hips) are weak and flimsy. Still, I love them and I have 3 RG zetas, two of which can transform and one that is modified to not transform. Still, would love to see a RG Gundam S or EX-S, I would cry if that is a thing.

Anyway, would love to see a RG Unicorn and Banshee

Super Moderator

The RG Sinanju is an amazing build and probably one of my top 3 from the line. As for the RG Unicorn. I'll wait on the inevitable Banshee version.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Well the Banshee Norn, and the Phenex will likely follow... let's hope they don't turn into P Bandai expansation sets.

I would also love to see the Barbatos Lupus Rex, and maybe more Zeon suits (Sazabi) in RG.

Well the Banshee Norn, and the Phenex will likely follow... let's hope they don't turn into P Bandai expansation sets.

I would also love to see the Barbatos Lupus Rex, and maybe more Zeon suits (Sazabi) in RG.

Rest assured, banshee and Phoenix will be full new kits and P Bandai. Look at the astray line.

IMO I hope they don't waste the RG line on anything from IBO. It just doesn't make sense. The HG line already pretty much all had inner frames for the gundam as it is.