Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: RG 1/144 Gundam Unicorn!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy3394 View Post
    Anyone see the P-Bandai Zeta? Change of color, add 35 bucks onto price. WTF. Wonder if they improved the frame/transformation at all, or if its literally just another color....
    Trust me I got it when it first came out, the only thing different is the color. They called it the "Unicorn" version, but it is just an off white and pinkish color change.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

I am actually enthusiastic about this kit. It looks really good and Bandai has come a long way since the MG Unicorn Gundams. So, here's hoping this Unicorn is higher then the old MGs. I will not compare this to the RG Zeta, because unlike a others, I never really had a issue with mine. Well, aside from the v-fin, I did have trouble with transforming it to waverider mode however; I have trouble just transforming simple transformers. Lol
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyWarfield View Post
    I am actually enthusiastic about this kit. It looks really good and Bandai has come a long way since the MG Unicorn Gundams. So, here's hoping this Unicorn is higher then the old MGs. I will not compare this to the RG Zeta, because unlike a others, I never really had a issue with mine. Well, aside from the v-fin, I did have trouble with transforming it to waverider mode however; I have trouble just transforming simple transformers. Lol
    You're just like me. The simple crap is beyond me at times but quantum physics is easy.

stimpy.jpeg

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    You're just like me. The simple crap is beyond me at times but quantum physics is easy.

stimpy.jpeg
    Yup lol.
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

Hahahahaha! Okay that was funny.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Reviews are out and this thing looks amazing. Trying really hard not to add it to the stash. Anybody have it and built it? Are the reviews to be believed?

Quote Originally Posted by Okiera29 View Post
    Reviews are out and this thing looks amazing. Trying really hard not to add it to the stash. Anybody have it and built it? Are the reviews to be believed?
    I feel ya on that one Bro. Be all know that the Banshee is coming next too. Just as my Gundam buying power has been cut off, they keep making new cool kits! Damn you Bandai!!

Mine just came in and I'm glad that I pre-ordered as by all account, it seems to be a solid build. Problem now is that I have to wait till Oct for the water decal. Will have to see if there's anything you have to apply during the build. If not, I will just paint, build, gloss coat and line. Then wait for the water decal before the final flat coat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okiera29 View Post
    Mine just got here today. I'll probably do a loose build before taking it apart to paint. Will let you know.
    Last edited by Wiz33; August 7, 2017 at 11:39 PM.

Awesome glad, yours arrived 1st. Mine just arrived today. ^_^ Which means I can just build mine. yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by futabaaoi View Post
    Awesome glad, yours arrived 1st. Mine just arrived today. ^_^ Which means I can just build mine. yay!!
    But you may get done before me as I probably won't have time to get to it till the weekend ;-P

Might take until September, but I got the RG Unicorn pre-ordered. Bandai, if you got a P-bandai kit for a Full Armor/Green frame kit... Take all of my money right now.

Has anyone painted the V fin gold? If so, what gold and from who? I was thinking maybe the Hyaku Shiki Gold from Mr. Color, but at the same time, may want something a bit more semi gloss, and shiny. Suggestions?

I have it painted gold on mine. This is just model Master chrome, painted with a tamiya clear yellow. Then painted it over with a semi gloss clear.
    20170812_001037.jpg

Aclad might work or Tamiya Gold Leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by futabaaoi View Post
    I have it painted gold on mine. This is just model Master chrome, painted with a tamiya clear yellow. Then painted it over with a semi gloss clear.
    20170812_001037.jpg

Aclad might work or Tamiya Gold Leaf.
    Thanks for the reply. Kinda hard to tell how bright or dark it is from the picture. I will try that combo. I am also thinking about mixing some gold leaf with a tiny bit of yellow or clear yellow to increase the brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy3394 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Kinda hard to tell how bright or dark it is from the picture. I will try that combo. I am also thinking about mixing some gold leaf with a tiny bit of yellow or clear yellow to increase the brilliance.
    Use a junk kit or some plastic spoons to test your paint. In fact, try making some paints samples of all those suggestions for a comparison.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church