Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Thread: Gundam Versus

Gundam Versus

So, it's coming out in July on the PS4.

I'm interested in the project but the lack of several main installments (G, X, AGE) and an apparent overabundance of 00 units from the first season alone (All Three Thrones are likely to be playable, with Zwei and Ein confirmed and Drei being a virtual lock), there are issues with the roster.

Re: Gundam Versus

They always add other units later on. Something will show up from each later on. It would be a bit odd if they didn't. But I would not get too worried about the state it is in now.

Oh, I'm not that worried. The Thrones and G-Self are playable! That's all I ever wanted.

I'm just saying there will be those disappointed by the selection.

As much as the lack of some series is dissapointing, for the series that do seem to be in, they seem to be going all out, Stuff like the Nemo (which hasn't been in one of these since GvZ) Graham's Flag (figured they'd just modifiy the brave to bring it in and the Jesta are all kind of neat, the full wing roster, that isn't sold as DLC down the line (they all made it into FB...eventually and it was scattered between OVA and TV versions) So yeah while it seems some series are out (and I'm salty about the seeming as of now, lack of G) they do seem to really be padding out everything that is included by putting more or less everything in, and there's still allot of reveal time.

Plus for better or worse, depending on views (kind of in the middle about it) the rest will be padded out though DLC, hopefully there's reasonably priced season packs. I want my Dark hound damn it, since it was never added to EXVS FB even as it came into the sequels they never hawked it as DLC later on like they did some other suits, or hell, even free like that Vita game...I doubt that though.
    "In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

anyone have a list of current suits for the game? Also will we be getting it state side

So as expected, this game is getting a Western release (not just in the US but in Europe as well):

Not only that, but you can also vote on which piece of cover art you want to see:

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/...m-versus-cover
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I find the alternative pilots a very nice touch.

So we're getting some missing link stuff, Slave Wraith, and Vincent Glissner's Gelgoog.

I don't see much of a point in the Slave Wraith when it's well...we have the Ground Gundam and Ez8 both, maybe they can do something neat with it.

Honestly kind of wish we got the Pale Rider or the Totestrider if they're giving us missing link stuff. Also Hi-Nu but that isn't as surprising. (Now Nightengale would be surprising)

- - - Updated - - -

Also mentioned on a website talking about the article, and 200 cost suits:

They mention the Guntank, Dom (Mentions Gaia specifically, but with alt pilots I assume we'll get the pick of any of them), GM Custom, ReZEL, Rick Dias, and Vigna Ghina.

http://gamestalk.net/post-78889/

- - - Updated - - -

http://g-versus.ggame.jp/ms_stage/ms/

Here's more on the roster, there's things not on it yet but a few things I didn't know where in.

I'm happy to see the Gun-EZ is returning, and I hope they don't change it up, but given the new support mechanic it might be...

As long as you can still summon other gun-Ez's as sheilds for you or your partner I'll be fine with it, it was one of my favorites in EXVS.

The roster on the website above is apparently the full roster now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's lackluster in areas I have to admit (series omissions, so much 00 S1 but no Virtue) but there's some stuff that has me happy, the snippets of Vigna Ghina seem fun as hell. (Which is nice one of my main low cost suits was the Berga Girois it's nice to see more F91 Vanguard stuff come in)

There's a free Trial going up early this morning (Late at night in Japan) for an hour on the Japanese PSN for anyone interested, it ain't too hard to make one for those interested, just kind of tedious having to make a new E-mail, and then getting a JP ZIP Code. (Forgot my old one's password sadly and the Email for it is dead, works on my PS3 still thankfully lol)

I'll post my thoughts when it goes live in a few hours.

- - - Updated - - -

It played more or less like EXVS for the most part, only thing to really get used too is the dedicated support button, and it feels like units eat up allot more boost, but conversely it seems to recover a bit quicker. Gonna say it right now before getting into units and gameplay I'm far from a pro when it comes to Versus and most is this is from offline, on the third there's gonna be another hour going so I'll try some PvP then and see what's up there.

As for units played a bit of the RX-78 seems well, if you've played EXVS it'll feel similar minus it's supports being changed to the striker system (advantage you get options, disadvantage it lacks the in battle versitility of how it worked before), and played a fair bit of the G-self and I really like it, has allot of options at it's disposal space pack works as a pretty basic unit with a good stun option and a grab like feature the reflect pack allows you to tank beams until the reflector dies, the beam rifle fires quicker and can fire a charged shot also has a sustained beam that causes an explosion and a wings of light esq attack, Melee is sub optimal in that mode as to be expected but it can catch people unaware and it grabs people out of the fight for a few seconds so don't discount it. It can also use the Assault pack when you put in the Transformation command. As long as you're boosting you'll keep it, has a good host of ranged options and some melee with the giant beam wings it had.

Kimaris Trooper is nice too, reminds me a bit of the Gyan in the fact you try and just poke at them with your machine-gun (needle missiles in the case of the Gyan) and it's mines, has some neat movement features, but the rate of fire on it's machine guns is so damn slow, as someone who mained a few machine gun heavy units in EXVS (Blue Destiny, Berga Giros, and X Divider) it feels off. But it's charged shot is neat for catching people on occasion, as it moves towards them while firing.

Barbatos I ended up liking more than I thought, it's a very opportunistic unit, most of it's options are tied to it's movement options, a special thrust feature, and a mace thing that changes depending on movement, the up/down one on the mace isn't that great, but I can see it being used less as an attack and more of a get behind your opponent/get out of the line of melee feature in advanced play. It's kind of neat you poke around with the machinegun then try to charge, it seems pretty easy to get behind things with it, how that'll work online against people I don't know but it's interesting, it's charged shot is the mace throw which is a pretty good stun and it also has a Katana throw that stuns as well but it's less severe. (But you can use it quicker by virtue of it not being a charged shot)

The gouf is kind of what you expect from a grunt, hand machinegun is the main thing, has a shielded melee movement, the heat rod is kind of slow, but each time you hit with it, it builds up more charge getting stronger and stronger, also has a bazooka as well. Seems okay, but I don't see this winning me over when the Gouf Custom is in the game.

Aside from that most units from the last game seem about the same only with most of them getting their assists replaced by this new striker system when lets you unlock (at least in the main game) and use any thing with anything, which seems neat on the surface level but when some of the removed Assists had multiple inputs to do different things it kind of guts some suits. Like the Gun EZ, which got it's assist removed (from the website didn't get to play it so maybe it'll sneak in but I doubt it) which allowed you to summon three more Gun-EZ's to sheild you or your oponent depending on directional input when you summoned them. I find it weird that they did this when some suits, like the Dom get a dedicated assist on top of this new striker nonsense.

That said it was okay, I'm kind of excited there seems to be allot more PvE options on and offline, PvP from a quick glance seems the same though now with 1v1 and 3v3 also being options (like I said I didn't check into it much beyond looking at menus) but I have to say, the game kind of leaves me thinking it feels like EXVS with some things exchanged for other things and some slight mechanical differences, I'm glad it's coming to the west and I think newcomers will enjoy it but I remain by what I said in the video games thread I kind of wish they just ported MB on. Looks pretty though.

If anyone else is interested there's another hour trial on the 3rd, you can download ti now but it won't come up and be playable until then, 5-6AM pst so so unless you're an early bird it's not really the best time.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; June 1, 2017 at 9:42 AM.

Full Roster trailer for those who want a peek. Find it weird that the Side Stories stuff seems lumped in with 0083.