Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Does anyone play this Gundam mobile game?

So Ive been looking for a Gundam game ever since SD capsule Fighter Online got shutdown, but I recently found a game on mobile called "Clash of Mechs". I'm sure its not licensed by anything gundam official, which is why it has such a generic name but its like a mobile SD Gundam G Generation type game. It seems to have most of the series in it (just got Barbatos in the last update). If you do get it, my profile is "seraphina" and I will most likely have a Gundam Alex + Cristina pilot profile.

Current team is Gp-03 Dendro/ 00 Quanta full saber/ Star Build Strike/ Shamblo/ V2/ Banshee Norn/ Freedom/ Unicorn Phenex (spelled Pheonix in game)/ Gundam Alex.

(heres a sample picture)
    hqdefault.jpg

Good things about the game:
    -its a gundam game
    -has 8 bit gundam music in the background
    -Covers most series
    -can have a max of 10 units on a team when you get to lvl 50
    -having the actual pilot for a suit gives bonuses (Cristina/Alex gundam)
    -Currently 223 suits, 130 pilots, 75 gear
    -Theres a good variety of abilities, my Star Build is a team healer, Shamblo is a guard, Banshee lifesteals, Gp-03 is a aoe hitter, etc
    -variety of modes (pvp, campaign, tournament betting)
    -Formations of teams add to strategy (my Freedom is strong but has a team buff so I keep it in the back of the lineup)
    -Level up your unit the way you want (Strength, Shoot, Speed, Hp, Def, Energy)
    -pilots give (str, sho, spe, hp, def, en) but also either hit rate, dodge, crit chance, or block (my Cristina gives block but Fellini give dodge)

Bad things:
    -not many attack animations
    -Cant choose what attack you use (units have 3 moves, typically shoot, melee, and EX)
    -some names are wrong or just spelled incorrectly
    -most of the stuff is gained through Gasha (random loot boxes)
    -its mobile so you can "pay to win" kinda
    -Theres a C/B/A/S/SR ranking system and cant figure out the use of anything under A rank beside being sacrificial units (luckily it seems to be based on popularity over power. Alex gundam/Chars zaku are S ranks along with units like 00 raiser/ZZ gundam)

So if anyone is interested, add me. I'm on android, so I'm not sure if its avaliable on I-phone

Re: Does anyone play this Gundam mobile game?

Pretty sure this is a knock-off game; I'd get off of it if I were you. SD Capsule Fighter Online was a knock-off game as well. Any official game would be something like Super Robot Wars, SD G-Generation, Gundam Vs., and the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Pretty sure this is a knock-off game; I'd get off of it if I were you. SD Capsule Fighter Online was a knock-off game as well. Any official game would be something like Super Robot Wars, SD G-Generation, Gundam Vs., and the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games.
    Capsule fighter wasn't a knock off though? It was official, just mostly handled by Bandai Korea (where it started) and then by OGPlanet here after they entered a deal with Bandai to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Only reason it stopped is because they made a successor which hasn't made it here as far as I know, but I've also heard it's bombing and now there's people bringing back SDGO from the dead. (Which I guess that'd be a knock off in a sense, but SDGO it's self was official before it was killed off)
    Newtypery is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Whats wrong with a knockoff game? I would play an official game, but there are none for the west. I'm pretty sure SDGO died because of low popularity. The Taiwan servers died then NA shortly after. Almost no one played it at the end, still miss my V2 T_T

Quote Originally Posted by NMSKlyne View Post
    Whats wrong with a knockoff game? I would play an official game, but there are none for the west. I'm pretty sure SDGO died because of low popularity. The Taiwan servers died then NA shortly after. Almost no one played it at the end, still miss my V2 T_T
    Import; it may cost you an arm and a leg, but will have an official Gundam game in your hands. There is a version of Gundam Breaker 3 that has English text, and the upcoming Gundam Vs. game for PS4 will have a version that has English text as well. Then there are the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games with Reborn being a downloadable game from the PlayStation Store, then 1, 2, and 3 which have a full English dub. Of course if you're one of those that absolutely must have a Western release, I've heard rumors that the aforementioned Gundam Vs. game for the PS4 may actually get a Western release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Capsule fighter wasn't a knock off though? It was official, just mostly handled by Bandai Korea (where it started) and then by OGPlanet here after they entered a deal with Bandai to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Only reason it stopped is because they made a successor which hasn't made it here as far as I know, but I've also heard it's bombing and now there's people bringing back SDGO from the dead. (Which I guess that'd be a knock off in a sense, but SDGO it's self was official before it was killed off)
    Huh, did not know that SDGO was an official game. I would like to recant my statement regarding SDGO's legitimacy.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Import; it may cost you an arm and a leg, but will have an official Gundam game in your hands. There is a version of Gundam Breaker 3 that has English text, and the upcoming Gundam Vs. game for PS4 will have a version that has English text as well. Then there are the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games with Reborn being a downloadable game from the PlayStation Store, then 1, 2, and 3 which have a full English dub. Of course if you're one of those that absolutely must have a Western release, I've heard rumors that the aforementioned Gundam Vs. game for the PS4 may actually get a Western release.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, did not know that SDGO was an official game. I would like to recant my statement regarding SDGO's legitimacy.
    I really want to play the Breaker series, but I dont have a PS4. Once my xbox 360 died I quit consoles for good. Now its just PC and mobile (whenever im bored). Maybe some day PC will get some love, but I doubt it. Sony pretty much owns Japan. Or they could actually be smart and put SDGO on steam instead of a small site like ogplanet.

Go for War of Independence. Its like that basically menu and all BUT it uses SRW's Gundam Animations XD and its AWESOME!!!

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by NMSKlyne View Post
    I really want to play the Breaker series, but I dont have a PS4. Once my xbox 360 died I quit consoles for good. Now its just PC and mobile (whenever im bored). Maybe some day PC will get some love, but I doubt it. Sony pretty much owns Japan. Or they could actually be smart and put SDGO on steam instead of a small site like ogplanet.
    Will there is that Online UC game that's out but, you need a VPN to play it. It's upto the gryps conflict now I think. (was OYW only they keep adding as they go)

As for SDGO, for a game on OGPlanet it did pretty well hell people who didn't even really like Gundam that much played it, my brother for instance played it more than me and he's the one that got me into it.

There is a team working on a fan server right now that seems to be gaining some traction, it's entering closed beta here soon.
    Newtypery is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.