Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 94 of 98 FirstFirst ... 448489909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1467
    Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    "If Xastur truly hated me, he'd have run me thru all those years ago when I courted and then rejected his sister. He had me by the neck and pushed up against the wall so that my feet couldn't touch. Lady D'endrah appealed to her brother to let me go as a favor to her." explained Corbin, "I ran a small team on boarder patrols, we won all our battles against pirate scum. You say you could have defeated him, yet he made it clear this was his first fight since your return. He denied a second fight as well. It seemed more like he was playing with a new toy than conducting a mock battle."

"Believe me, I know when to open my mouth and when to keep it shut. But it may be because you took a chance on me that he'll deny the request to see how I work with the others or wait to see if I mess up a little bit so he can blow it out of proportion. I'm willing to play at partner, but make no mistake if I feel like I'm being set up to fail, I'll abandon you to your fate. "Brother's" in this context can only be formed by the trials of combat."
    Good arrogant, but he is not so bad that he is blinded by it. But he doesn’t listen. Never said anything about Xastur Hating him. So he has selective hearing. That could work out well. Still he will do, besides I wouldn’t set him up to fail, that might blow back at me.

“Good to hear that you aren’t blinded by the level of arrogance that I was told about. If you were as arrogant and dumb as told, you would not have a nose for BS when you hear it. Stupid people don’t see it, you did. Although you do need to work on actually listening to what people say, I said he didn’t “Like” you, never said he hated you. If it was that bad you are right you would not be here right now. But other than that I don’t really see the “Arrogant self-absorbed” person I was told about. That is a good thing.
    And you can relax, if I were to set someone up to fail it would not be you or for that matter not anyone in the Kinghts , besides those type of things never end well for anyone involved, they normally tend to backfire. And hay! Paranoia is my thing, step off, or I might think you are "Out to get me". (Jack was laughing as he said that last part.)
    One last thing, don’t read too much into “Brother” it’s just my way of talking to people who I have nothing against, a casual greeting if you will. “

Jack went back to his Hanger stowed his suit, noticed that the hanger bay was almost empty save for two other MS transport units.

Well I have my ZAKU II and the other parts for this one. Got to say "Dear old dad" you work fast nothing else was included almost like he planed for this. I bet he planned it this way, and now the rest of them are watching him. Coward. Wonder if he even allowed for any of my cloths to be sent over,so far nothing else from my work station made it. Well I hope the mech bay is as well stocked as the rest of the ship. But Knowing Xastur, it will most likely be over stocked.

Jack was lost inside himself as he made it into the lounge. Looking around the only person worth talking to at this moment in time was thankfully alone.

"Mr. Chapman, good to see you again. I apologies for not coming to see you after our last meeting. Life got a little...hectic shall we say. But I was good to my word, your father was not only a truly innocent man but, but he was worthy of a better position and promotion. I hope all is well with your new position.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://wordpress.com/post/gundammon...rdpress.com/26

*the Great Atraia was loaded up with the rest of everyone's shit, then it began taking off, Xastur came over the comms*

"Here marks the first mission of the Great Astraia and this new group of Zeonic Knight's. We're to collect the newtypes, take them to earth, come back. Simple....We're on course for Artesia-07. Until then, pilots, enjoy getting to know each other. I already know you fuckers, I will not be acting as the buffer, interact with each other until we get close to Earth. That's an order." said Xastur, "Datamaps will be given out to everyone."

*with that the journey began, in the lounge*

Fuck. thought Corbin, he might have an ally in Jack but he didn't really wish to talk to anyone at the moment

"Hi everyone! I'm Lilith Karn, middle child of the Karn Family of House Dozle. It's a pleasure to meet the new faces." spoke Lilith cheerfully, with a hint of spite towards a certain someone, "Feel free to ask anything really, if I don't wish to answer I'll tell you."

"Okay. How'd you make it into the Knight's?"

"I fought along side Lord Balor during the battle with the Hashmal. Survived long enough even to help fire off one of the finishing blows." said Lilith, before saying smugly, "Lady Antonia herself recommended me. And since it was up to Captain Aznable, knowing my love as well as I do, I knew he wouldn't put personal feelings into his decision."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Series of concentric interlinked esoteric simpsons refrences

Oh come on, we were aloud to hide in quarters last time. he thought it was less that he wasn't social and more than he was just plain tired at the moment. As Jack said his piece "Ah yes, been busy myself after all so it's fine. My new position has mostly just been social acting as head for the Chapman family before going to the Rafel's running around between various colonies meeting various people and basically being a glorified accountant these past three months. You?" he asked making small talk. He didn't know about the proceedings in the council chamber but he had a guess that when they wanted to talk to him it wasn't going to be rainbows and sunshine though he had no clue how bad it was.

Jason wasn't much of a talker, but noticing Chapman and Gray he couldn't help but chuckle to himself as he leaned back in the couch he sat down on.

"So Jason" asked Toby suddenly, "What have you been doing for the last few months?"

"Not much, just paperwork and other menials for Captain Aznable" stated Jason as he chuckled, still feeling electrified after flying around in that Jeager.

"That's it? No exciting adventures? No getting into trouble or something?" he asked with a bit of light heart sarcasm.

"Nope" said Jason Bluntly, "Nothing but paperwork and the occasional answering questions to the curious nobleman or soldier at those parties Aznable likes pulling me along for" stated Jason, Among other things he thought, "Not that I was complaining, at least I've been given the privilege to look at the open and some private Archives" stated Jason, "It's been nice to catch up on what I've missed...and to read up on what my brothers in Sigma Corps had been doing since the end of the Great War..." he said with a smile, sitting there as his face began to recall good memories.

"Must have been nice they got to live out their lives in peace" stated Serah with some somberness as Jason looked up at the ceiling with a smile.

"That and the fact I have you, Max, and your mom are the only comforts I have these days" he said as he showed a relaxed air about him as Toby smiled at them. Despite their mission, they seemed to be pretty much at peace. He turned his attention to Mott's statement chuckling, "So pretty much we've been doing the same thing, nothing but paperwork while others get to fool around and fly with cool suits." he chuckled.

"Hey, you got to do that too just a few minutes ago!"
    stated Serah chuckling as well.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

"I was kept rather busy in the beginning, when we first returned. But after that I tried to just stay out of sight. I kept it myself mostly, building my new suit and running the house. And working on a new hobby or two.Nothing really note worthy. I'm not the kind to look for the spot light to much. Come to find out the family has to many skeletons for that. But you already know all of that, what with you inline to be in charge of the ISB and all."

Jack felt himself starting to ramble, he really is not very good at this random small talk and this conversation was quickly headed towards a rather awkward moment that he really didn't want to go.
    Jack wasn't always the best at reading people and what they were thinking, but the signs might as well have been in 30 foot neon flashing letters. He could see that Mott really didn't want to talk to him, or possibly anyone. Luckily Jason started talking to Mott which gave Jack just the right amount of wiggle room to wander away, as if he was also done and so the inevitable awkward moment was avoided, and Mott did not have to worry about having to answer such a stupid statement.

Jack pored himself a good stiff drink and stood by a window watching the stars go by, and listening to the rest getting caught up, and going back into his own thoughts.

In line to be in charge of the ISB? Did I really just say that? Idiot, sometimes I can be such and idiot. "How to make friends 101" by Jack, Step 1. Make them uncomfortable around you.. Ya there's a best seller.
    Last edited by gundammonkey; November 13, 2017 at 12:34 PM.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

"More or less." Mott chuckled in response to Jason Watching Jack leave, I was hoping for a bit more for an idea as to what went on in the chamber...hmm. Unless I came off as just that rude. he also thought about what Serah said Peace...no if only you knew the amount of middle Management Shepard had to do post war, shit the memories are even stressful to me. he thought, he'd of said something about it but Project victory wasn't something he saw any reason for either Lilith or Corbin to be privy too, though he wondered if Xastur told her, he doubted it. "It's tiring but, needs to be done."

Technically the ISB thing is way in the air but that is a good goal. he would be happy with a multitude of things he admit, the ISB position wasn't familial though but it made it all the more desirable to him he'd need to work for it he didn't say anything about it.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; November 13, 2017 at 12:46 PM.

Jack listened to all the banter around the room, it was lighthearted and all good but you could feel the uneasiness in the room.

Well hell I can't be an old stick in the mud, I should attempt to be the Jack some of them remember. But do I remember.

Jack pushed off the wall walking toward the rest of the group. Slapping his drink down and looking around with a smile. In a cheerful tone he addressed them all.

"Well lets see here, we get off of one hell of a ride and the best we can all do is sit around and jaw jack with small talk answers. Hell we should be a bit closer than that. This is as painful as the first day back from summer vacation in grammar school, "What did you do for summer Tommy?". We can do better.
    Mott you completely changed houses! I mean damn that is a life altering move, glad you did it and I supported it and all , but still Damn.
    Toby not only did you ram you suit into your brothers ship and live to tell about it, but then you went of and got to play space cowboy with him. You have to have stories about that little adventure.
    Then we have You Mr Stark, Jason if I may, you could most likely re-gail us with all kinds of stories, new and old, the same could be said about your daughter.
    The only real New People here are you two . Mr Corbin and Ms. Lilith Karn, or soon to be Mrs Lilith Aznable is there a date yet? You do realize that we are going to want to hear something incriminating about xastur to hold over his head.
    And Mr. Corbin, The flashiest driver among us. We have heard the stories, but you know how that goes. There are stories then there is the truth. So tell us what is the truth behind the reputation?"

"Haven't transferred yet." Mott said, though it was all but done at this point minus the last bit of formality that needed to be observed. Sudden outburst of friendliness. he thought he supposed that it was partially just because of the relatively stiff atmosphere Mott was so used to it from the last few months though. "Yeah any wedding date on the Horizon?" Mott asked Lillith as well, figured he'd add in with Jack if only to past the time.

Damn it that's two wedding gifts I have, and especially with Kal's I can't just give them something like a damn food processor since I'll be new to the house and in an important family under them. Would look bad. He knew Kal likely wouldn't care too much but the things people took note of it was annoying, best to avoid people looking at it the wrong way.

*Lilith burst out laughing for a few minutes*

"Oh...That's a good one. Just to get Xastur to the point where a wedding is on the table took me over ten patient long years. If there was a date set Lord Balor would have announced it using the emergency channel to every colony." said Lilith, "I'm confident it will be sooner than most would assume."

"There's really nothing to tell. The rumors are true, there are only excuses for my past actions." said Corbin

"Ever apologize to D'endrah?"

"Well, no."

"That'd be why. She's well liked among a lot of the noble families. A formal apology in front of people might help." said Lilith, "I mean, you did break her heart and try to marry a younger noblewoman after going thru all that courting. Does anyone here expect anything less to happen to him? Woman hold grudges especially when someone of D'endrah's character is humiliated."

"Perhaps I should. As I said, I only have excuses. I was young and spoiled by my parents. It bred a sense of untouchability." said Corbin

I'm still calling bullshit. Once a snake, always a snake. thought Lilith

*meanwhile Xastur went to see Shima*

"What's up?"

"I have a headache."

"Top shelf. You know where it is." said Shima, she was still setting things up to suit her

"Right. By the way.....The Shirokami is aboard..." he said grabbing a pill bottle

"You bastard. You had no right to ask for that!"

"I know. But it's the same reasoning I had when got Jason a suit. His job isn't to pilot. It's in a bridge command role. But. If the last few months have proved to us, surprises pop up and they've been on the oh fuck scale. I promise Shima, I will never order you to sortie. It is aboard in case we're in a situation where even you can't sit idly by."

"It...it's been years since I've piloted a mobile suit. I've put that part of my life behind me."

"Be that as it may, can you look me in the eye and tell me that you don't regret not having a suit during the Hashmal battle?"

"....No. I can't. If heading would've been enough strength to tip the scale in our favor so you wouldn't have had to go passed the limit then I would've."

"That's the only reason you ever need pilot it, and even then you don't have to force yourself. It's your personal emergency scenario. You have a great judge of battle flow."

"You really don't expect me to sortie?" asked Shima

"Not really. I know you picked the doctor's life for a reason, but at the same time there may just be a battle where the White Wolf becomes the last hope. Plus, it's not like I don't have the room on this ship and come on, even if it's never launched I still get to see the Shirokami. So win there, it's a good looking suit."

"Thanks, they followed my instructions to the letter." said Shima, "Okay, fine. Not mad. Annoyed. But not mad. What's up with the headache though, you've never come in here for something like that."

"I know right? But I know what a headache is, back of my left eye and behind are like throbbing. I turn my head to fast one way then that side hurts. Sounds like a headache to me."

"Yeah. That'd be one."

"Well, I took some medicine, I'm back to the bridge. That's all, wanted to tell you sooner but figured I'd wait and just tell you in person. Later." said Xastur as he left back for the bridge
    Last edited by Exia; November 14, 2017 at 8:45 AM.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

If the other rumors are true the spoiling never stopped. Mott had to say he at least on the surface seemed more aware than he initially came off but still saw him as a bit of a ponce at the best still. "An apology would probably be best. From a public relations and moral stand point both." he added, "And Ms. Karn hopefully wedding bells will be in the air for you soon." he said kindly as he still stood "Seems like there's allot of that sort of thing around between the Commodore's upcoming wedding and such." his single remaining eye spied a quick glance at Serah and Toby both.

Toby popped an eyebrow up when he noticed Mott's glance, only to shrug it off as Jason chuckled at Mott's statement.

"Aye Indeed Mr. Chapman" stated Jason darting an eye of his own to Serah and Toby. That time made Serah blush a bit before cooling it down. Jason chuckled again as he looked at Chapman, "Um...May I have a word with you Mr. Chapman? In Private?" he asked a bit more curiously as he stood up.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

"Of course, where in here or out in the hall?" He gestured to one of the further areas of the room since it was huge, but gave Jason the option.

Jason motioned him to outside, given the nature of what he wanted to talk about. As soon as the two were in the hallway and away from unwanted ears, Jason turned to him with curiosity written all over his face.

"How are you Feeling First and Foremost?", he asked his face trying to conceal he was worried for asking what he was about to ask,"I've been meaning to ask...if of course if its any of my business." he asked, his voice turning from confident to hesitant, "Have you...had any more. You know...Memories...of Shep popping up in there?" he asked, not making any motions or gestures. He didn't want to offend Mott, and he knew what he was asking was personal, but there were some questions unfortunately the Archives did not answer for him and he figured this was possibly the only thing he could do.

Sword Freak

“You see Corbin that is just what I was talking about, the truth behind the stories. We have all been told or led to believe that you were, and still are a spoiled little rich kid who always gets his way and is never wrong. You just proved that wrong, you know full and well when and where you messed up. Heck you even admitted that a public apology would be a good thing! How about that Lilith? I bet all those stories about how your team did all the work and you just came in at the last moment to give the killing blow are just as much B.S. as the rest. Am I correct? I think I am, I mean you have a Gundam! No need to hang in the rear when you have a Gundam to drive. Why do you think I grabbed one? Well actually I combined four Gundams but another story for another time. This is not about me, this is about the two of you.”

Jack poured another drink, and then grabbed a few more glasses and passed them out..

Hell they all think Garmas are just for parties, might as well play that up.

“Drinks around the house, we will just hold those two for when or if those two come back. Lilith, my Lady, I just had a splendid idea. Seeing as you are still in contact and friends with D’endrah, when we are finished with this mission why don’t you, and Xastur of course, arrange for a formal meeting, a public formal meeting. And then Corbin can give his very formal and public apology and get that stigmata off his back, and it will give Corbin that little extra push to the good in the public eye. Also I know it has been a long time but, it would go a long way in letting that past humiliation go and be fully free from it. Trust me know just how long theses houses can hold a grudge as well. It might even help with Xastur, not a whole lot, but doing something, even just a little something is better than letting it fester longer than it already has. What say you? Think of the good P.R. this could be for the four of you and the Knights as a whole as well.”

Taking a long pull and refilling his cup.

Playing host is easier than I remember. And damn this is actually good Bourbon, Xastur held nothing beck when he stocked this place. Damn.

“By Zabi I think we actually might have a chance to do a little chipping at a wall here! Cheers!”

"Truthfully, tired. Damn tired. But it's expected nothing I can't handled honestly the officer's academy was harder work. Especially the last year." he didn't go into that one, his grades were good that was known "As for memories some yeah. It's hard to just recall them on a whim, I can with some others they're buried. Something will trigger them, like memories of my own, a taste a smell, something someone says etc. And it'll just come to me, that or in a dream for some."