Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1706

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony

Both Barbara and Max were busy getting into their suits when Xastur walked up to them, both bowed slightly out of respect before Babs looked him over, "Hmmm...I was expecting you, for some one of your caliber and pedigree, to be...older..." she said with a sly grin. Her red hair, streaked by several strands of gray, was in a bun as she fitted the vacuum collar for the helmet, "Not expected, but not unwelcome to see a young man like you have such responsibility in their hands" she said. She fastened her helmet, turning to Max whose red curls and blue eyes were the first things you noticed about him...though they were the only thing's you'd first noticed seeing the rest of him was covered by the suit, head and all, "Well come on now Maxwell!" patted Babs on the young man's shoulders, "Don't you have some thing to say to Captain Aznable?" she said with a chuckle.

Max shook his head, looking up at Xastur and nodded. One look at him and you could tell he was as shy as a boy on his first day of school. A complete opposite to Serah's daring and confidence, Max was more scholar than soldier like the rest of his family, but it didn't stop him from being noted as the brightest out of the Starks, "P-Pleasure to meet you Captain" he said nervously, raising a hand to shake Xasturs as he tried to hide the shyness. Serah couldn't help but giggle a bit at her brothers awkwardness.

"You'll have to forgive him Captain." stated Serah, "Maxy's always been more at home with books than with well...all this" she said, "However, you will find his knowledge and his willingness to learn are indespensible. He is the smartest guy I've ever known." she said winking at Max, causing the young man to blush cherry red.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Both Barbara and Max were busy getting into their suits when Xastur walked up to them, both bowed slightly out of respect before Babs looked him over, "Hmmm...I was expecting you, for some one of your caliber and pedigree, to be...older..." she said with a sly grin. Her red hair, streaked by several strands of gray, was in a bun as she fitted the vacuum collar for the helmet, "Not expected, but not unwelcome to see a young man like you have such responsibility in their hands" she said. She fastened her helmet, turning to Max whose red curls and blue eyes were the first things you noticed about him...though they were the only thing's you'd first noticed seeing the rest of him was covered by the suit, head and all, "Well come on now Maxwell!" patted Babs on the young man's shoulders, "Don't you have some thing to say to Captain Aznable?" she said with a chuckle.

Max shook his head, looking up at Xastur and nodded. One look at him and you could tell he was as shy as a boy on his first day of school. A complete opposite to Serah's daring and confidence, Max was more scholar than soldier like the rest of his family, but it didn't stop him from being noted as the brightest out of the Starks, "P-Pleasure to meet you Captain" he said nervously, raising a hand to shake Xasturs as he tried to hide the shyness. Serah couldn't help but giggle a bit at her brothers awkwardness.

"You'll have to forgive him Captain." stated Serah, "Maxy's always been more at home with books than with well...all this" she said, "However, you will find his knowledge and his willingness to learn are indespensible. He is the smartest guy I've ever known." she said winking at Max, causing the young man to blush cherry red.
    "I'm 29. Closer to 30. Space has changed quite a deal since the last time you were up there. Nobility have always had responsibilities in hand." replied Xastur, he shook Max's hand, "You'll get the do's and don't's when we're back in space. Serah, make sure they're strapped in."

*with that Xastur went over to Nobu, it was just the two of them*

"Leaving now?" he asked

"Yep." said Xastur, "Space is waiting."

"Before you go.....Seriously, just bullet points. What happened up there?" asked Nobu

"Fine....Fought a giant mobile armor called Hashmal. The Empire went to war pretty much against it. We showed up in the middle of a giant clusterfuck. There was a lot of fighting. I removed the limiter, went passed the safe zone and kept going. Used a chemical cocktail whipped up by Shima. Managed to crack the core, nearly died, then newtypey shit started happening. A purple chick come out of the Hashmal, she injected me with Hashmal nanites to save me, I gave her a name of her own, I think mind sex happened, then she left. I was so busy dying and being hella stoned some of it I'm not to sure of now."

"I only have more questions.....You know what, forget it. You went thru some shit huh?"

"Yeah. It was weird."

"No. It's insane." said Nobu, "Take care of yourself Xastur. Universe needs people like you in it."

"I know, I know. I see where the Aina influence comes into play."

"Shut up." replied Nobu as both shook each other's hand, "Don't tell everyone my secret haha."

*Xastur just smirked, gave him a half assed salute and got aboard the Bud Carrier*

"Fair warning, this thing wasn't really meant for people to pilot. It's more of an MS drop pod of sorts that was hastily redesigned." explained Xastur as he had a single stick control, and it had a good 8 inches of give in all direction before anything would move, "I'm not working with the best equipment here so Serah, you are on overtime. I've pretty much got one good shot to get thru the barrier hole, once we're flying minor changes might be able to be made."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Serah nodded, helping Max and Babs strap in comfortably but securely so they wouldn't have any problems on the way up. Serah, content with them utterly secured, gave them a quick crash course how to use the Gsuits and with that complete, returned to her seat and began her own procedures before takeoff...

Jason sat at the captain's chair, playing solitaire while trying to keep a fly out of his hair. Toby on the other hand was still in the Regilinaze, though seeing the suit was as tuned up as it could be, he was now just sitting there, thinking about things to come...what will happen next...and this thing that was blossoming between him and Serah...

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

*Xastur gave a wave and closed the Bud Carrier, the only light source was from a really BS monitor for position, Barnes and Rodgers took out their flashlights and clicked them on*

"Way to cheap out on lights Boss." said Barnes

"Considering how rigged up everything is this ride is going to get interesting real quick."

"You guys have no idea......" said Xastur as he flipped the safety cover of the button over and pressed it, "Launching in 3.....2.....1."

*soon the Bud Carrier rocketed into the sky, faster and more intense than anyone was really expected. Rodgers and Barnes were even have a hard time with the G Forces, Xastur hit the button again for another burst*

"Serah! We have one shot, any course corrections!" yelled out Xastur as he kept the stick as level as he could, they were off a good bit, Xastur needed to shift left then up to get the correct angle or else they'd lose half the carrier and explode

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Serah looked at her Mom and brother, nodding as they rocketed into space. She heard Xastur's question, her eyes suddenly felt a lightingbolt flash across her face before snapping her head forward.

"Alter course Thirty degrees starboard! Window is closing fast but at this speed you do that and we'll be out!" she burst, assisting as best as she could as she looked up, almost trying to make out the closing window.

Sword Freak

*Xastur made a hard adjustment as the G Forces were heavier and more intense than when they went down, he saw a red barrier close over the hole as he steered as best he could*

"Fuuuuuuck!" groaned Xastur, "That was close...."

*the Great Astraia picked up the Bud Carrier on their sensors*

"They didn't have time for a comm install. Launch a few of the Shiden and get that pod in." said one of the main bridge crew members, "...Sir. The orders?"

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Jason sat there in the quiet, that is till they picked up the Bud Carrier on scopes. he sat forward, hearing the member of the bridge crew make the suggestion and nodded, "Good Foresight and I concur, launch shiden and form perimeter around both us and the Carrier. Begin docking sequences as fast and as humanly possible. Have our knights on standby just in case" stated Jason, clicking on his own comms and looking at the view screen, "Get us closer to the Bud Carrier as best as we can, I don't want them to expend any more fuel than needed and I want them secured ASAP" he finished

"Well another happy launch" Stated Serah with a chuckle, looking back at not only Rogers and Barnes, but also her mom and brother, "Everybody ok back there?"

The sound of someone throwing up became evident as Babs handed Max a bag. A chuckle could be heard from Barnes as everyone guessed this was the kid's first launch, "You get used to it Maxy" stated Serah, leaning back in her seat as she looked up to see the Great Astraia, "Bigger from this angle Captain."

Sword Freak

"Hey, puke in the suit! There are still gaps in this carrier. Not enough time to see how well the seal would hold up. Last thing I need is someone puking themselves inside out." said Xastur, he pushed the button a couple times, "We're out of fuel."

"Only thing worse than that is the Captain's G training." said Barnes

"Aw. It wasn't that bad." noted Rodgers, he and Xastur seemed to be the only two alright

------------

"Shiden's one thru 19 launch. Teens form a perimeter, first five go and collect that pod, rest stay at high alert." issued the bridge officer to the hanger before switching to full ship, "All Knight's to standby. I repeat. All Knight's to standby."

*Corbin had the advantage of already being in his hanger, he changed into a pilot suit and got in the Ruby Sandrock awaiting further orders*

"...Shit..." muttered Lilith as she pierced the training dummy down to the rapier's guard and rushed to her hanger to change into her pilot suit first, Oh...Wait. I don't have the Xamdrag anymore.....fuck.....The Grimgerde? Please let the controls be easy to grasp.... she thought as she boarded her new suit

--------------

"Well. I'm calling this a success. Ship's launching Shiden's, we're not on Earth, nothing important blew up. Success. Remember Serah, you have something important to discuss with the rest of your family now. You and Jason can take the rest of the day to yourselves." said Xastur as he unstrapped from his seat and floated, he stretched out with a few pops and cracks, then touched down to the floor, "Why aren't they just using the rear hanger bay? There's a grapple cannon and a net cannon back there. Installed them for situations like this but for MS. Whatever. Might've broke or something. Ship's only been out of dry dock for a few weeks...."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Many of the people were watching from the observation lounge as the preparations were made down below for the first people in the exam/demonstration. Halifax sat near the center watching as teachers, families and military officials all buzzed between themselves. Rafel watched in silence, he was here for the motives of scouting talent as well as like he said killing time. He noted that Marc was the first one up he saw the two students and their MS he'd be facing out there already.

Silvia sat down next to him. "Who do you think is going to win?" she asked, the two students were in relatively upgraded suits, a modified Leo Type and a Modified Ares. She wasn't surprised to see the Ares that student had a thing for transforming suits.

"Isn't it obvious?" Rafel asked her, to him it was a foregone conclusion she could tell he had the same idea as her that it was going to be, Marc. It wasn't much longer before The John Bull Gundam began walking out it was Yellow and Dark Green, on it's left shoulder was the Chapman family crest, Silvia recognized it from Mott's suit, though behind it was a Lotus flower painted on.

"No weapons? Even though there was an option of a few training ones?" Silvia asked. "Isn't it a long range type that's what the files said."

"It is, but he doesn't need them. Rarely used the rifle when he used that suit if my memory served." Halifax said there were a few murmurs in the observation box they were in.

---------------------------

Down in the training area Marc sat with his cockpit open he saw the two he'd be facing for this exercise he grinned as he stepped out onto his Mobile suit's hand, he hoped he'd be able to impart some knowledge about battle at the least.

He couldn't see or hear the other two talking due to the distance but they were. "Someone from one of House Garma's family? This should be a cake walk." they weren't known for their military prowess. The young man had a cocky smirk on his face. "Gundam or not."

"You're an idiot. That's Marc Chapman. You know the name? He won the Zeonic cross, he's one of the deadliest aces in the empire, don't let overconfidence lull you into something." the other kid sounded Arrogant as well, but at least had the right amount of worry for the current situation, training exercise or not.

"Y-you're just fuckin with me they wouldn't bring out people of that caliber." he said. "I didn't realize it was him..."

"Most teachers are already decorated aces in this school...this shouldn't be a suprise...well to anyone smart."

"WHY YOU!" that hell carried as it almost looked like the Leo pilot was going to jump from his Leo to the Ares to clock the pilot of it.

"Now now kids that's no way to treat teammates." Marc yelled acrossed they both looked at him and shaped up.

"Are you ready?!" Marc put a thumbs up out to show he was the kids did the same. He grinned.

"The students have five minutes to make it out of the ruined city scape, Admiral Chapman it's your goal to stop them. The goal of this exersize is to give the kids experience against overwhelming odds and against people who far outstripe them in experience, don't let your guards down Cadet Michaels and Scott."

Marc got into the cockpit of his Gundam the kids did the same going to the start point as did he. After a countdown it would begin.

--------------------------------

Mott rode around on one of the dirtbikes in the ship, he had picked one of the less traveled areas getting a feel for riding a bit quickly, he told himself it was training, getting used to operating a bike with one eye out but it was mostly just for his entertainment's sake as he thought about what to do. I could call Healey. he thought about it for a bit. Maybe hit the sim...not quite the same though I don't need to get used to the FA-78 in a sim. truth be told piloting it wasn't that hard it was mostly just how hard he went last time. His body was still somewhat sore but he didn't care too much he felt worse.
    U WOT

Gray heard the call go out, changing into his pilot suit within the confines of his Regilinaze, growling as he prepared to bring the reactor online, the eyes flashed as the machine entered from off to standby mode.

"Sounds like they are still working the bugs out of the system's Sir" stated Serah, a light redness was on her cheeks when Xastur pointed out Her new relationship. Max was busy letting his guts get the hang of Zero G while Babs stared at her daughter cockeyed, "Something you're not telling me?"

"Well discuss this later. right now lets just try and get back to the ship." she said, shutting that conversation down for the moment.

Jason stared at the shuttle on screen, looking at it concerned as the ship began to float towards them, "Why do I get the feeling they're out of gas?" he asked one of the crew.

"Running a scan sir." they responded, "Thrusters are still showing heat, but it appears they are starting to cool with indications they tried to reignite. It would appear they are indeed out of gas Sir."

Jason rolled his eyes looking at the bridge crew and stood up, "Options?" he asked professionally.

"We have a grappler cannon on the rear hangar that could work. It was designed for events like this."

"It hasn't been tested in real world situations though" stated another crewman.

Jason folded his arms together, watching as Shidens 1-5 on approach to the carrier*. He nodded as he sat back down, straightening his uniform, "Get us into position to deploy the recovery cannon. All stations on standby, all Deck Crews and Firefighters ready to go if this gets dicey. Contact the Shiden Team on course to them, tell them to move the shuttle into position to be recovered" he ordered as he folded his hands together.

*assuming the pod and Carrier are the same vessel.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Gray heard the call go out, changing into his pilot suit within the confines of his Regilinaze, growling as he prepared to bring the reactor online, the eyes flashed as the machine entered from off to standby mode.

"Sounds like they are still working the bugs out of the system's Sir" stated Serah, a light redness was on her cheeks when Xastur pointed out Her new relationship. Max was busy letting his guts get the hang of Zero G while Babs stared at her daughter cockeyed, "Something you're not telling me?"

"Well discuss this later. right now lets just try and get back to the ship." she said, shutting that conversation down for the moment.

Jason stared at the shuttle on screen, looking at it concerned as the ship began to float towards them, "Why do I get the feeling they're out of gas?" he asked one of the crew.

"Running a scan sir." they responded, "Thrusters are still showing heat, but it appears they are starting to cool with indications they tried to reignite. It would appear they are indeed out of gas Sir."

Jason rolled his eyes looking at the bridge crew and stood up, "Options?" he asked professionally.

"We have a grappler cannon on the rear hangar that could work. It was designed for events like this."

"It hasn't been tested in real world situations though" stated another crewman.

Jason folded his arms together, watching as Shidens 1-5 on approach to the carrier*. He nodded as he sat back down, straightening his uniform, "Get us into position to deploy the recovery cannon. All stations on standby, all Deck Crews and Firefighters ready to go if this gets dicey. Contact the Shiden Team on course to them, tell them to move the shuttle into position to be recovered" he ordered as he folded his hands together.

*assuming the pod and Carrier are the same vessel.
    "We have Gray, Corbin, and Lilith on standby." informed the bridge officer to Jason, he switched comms over to them, "On standby you lot. No launching unless ordered."

---------------

"Probably doesn't help I didn't tell anyone in the command chain about most of the features.....But if they're in the chain then they're already cleared to browse the files on the ship's features so I don't see this as my fault." said Xastur, "It's nobility shit. Concerns the four Stark's. A decision hasn't been made regarding positioning with my House. Since it's a rather important decision I've put it on hold until the family was back together. Anyway. Max. Just lay back, think of it like floating in a shallow pool. Ah. I know. You're the scholar of the family. It's been over 800 years since the Great War. Try thinking about all the possible advances that've been made."

---------------

"Pfft. A good bit of this ship hasn't been tested in real world situatuons." said a crewman

*the Great Astraia re-positioned and opened the rear hanger, the grappler cannon was lowered, the five Shiden's had reached the carrier*

"Might wanna hold onto something." said Xastur as he just stood there, unshaken by the movement, Premium pilot suits forever. Magboots are great., "I wish I could see out there...."

"Sir, no!" yelled Barnes

"What?"

"Well Cap....You could just carve a viewing window out with your scimitar. We'd lose what little pressure system we have but you could do it." noted Rodgers

"Fair enough Barnes. But I'm not gonna cut a window out."

---------------

*the Shiden's moved the carrier and the grappler cannon fired, the first shot missed completely, the second was more successful hitting the carrier with a distinct "thwomp" sound*

"I know that sound. Grappler Cannon. Sounds better than Magnet Claw Cannon." noted Xastur as the pod started moving slowing, still enough to jostle things around, Xastur remained unfazed

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

"I uh...I look forward to seeing how far things have come since My Dad's day" stated Max, still nervous but getting comfortable with his surroundings.

"And just what are those lovelies out there?!" asked Babs as she watched the Shiden's help with the grapple cannon, "I am definitely liking it here already!"

Serah chuckled, "My Mother was an engineer during the War...still is and when something she doesn't know comes along...she has a tendency to try and take it apart...once watched her take a whole Mobile suit apart in 12 hours."

"Ten!" corrected Babs, "It was Ten Dear, Now tell me about this Gray Boy?" she asked, smirking when Serah blushed red.

"Anywho, Basically I wouldn't let her in the Hangar if i were you Captain" said Serah trying to change the subject, "She'll be wanting to take your newest suits apart as soon as she sees one." she warned.

Jason watched like a hawk as the grappler canon brought the carrier into the ship....

Sword Freak

"STH-16 Shiden. It's the latest model, built and designed completely in house under my personal black order. Admittedly the base work was already accomplished with the Graze model, but the Shiden can be customized and modified beyond recognition while still keeping the same internal structure and parts in check. And even then, I only green lit the project as a cover to move a mass amount of resources to my shipyard. It's where the Great Astraia was created. Along with the others. And it's not as if I'm amassing power for House Aznable. This ship is my personal ship for usage by the Zeonic Knight's. Each house has a say in the completion of their versions. The Shiden's data will be released to the rest of the Empire in a few months." noted Xastur, "Ship's got a lot of genetic locks and facial rec. The only hanger she'd possibly be able to enter would be yours Serah. Any other and a number of silent fail safes would alert hanger guards to the area. Please remember, I didn't do this out of the kindness of my heart, I did this because two Stark's have proven useful and effective within House Aznable standards. Two more Stark's is an added bonus."

*while slow they were reeled in without issue, the hanger was closed and the bud carrier was opened from the outside*

"About time." complained Xastur

"Sorry. It's not like we've used a grapple cannon before." said a tech

"I.....I'll give you that. Frankly, it looked weird and cool so I had them install it. Never thought it'd be used so soon."

"Yeah. It's tricky but useful. We'll need practice with both of those cannons."

"I'm sure there'll be time for it later." said Xastur as he took his helmet off

*Barnes and Rodgers did the same and stood there*

"You two can leave. It's kind of whatever now." said Xastur as the two saluted and left, "I like those two. They follow orders like a soldier should but still call me on my bullshit."

*Xastur walked over to a comm stationed and commed the bridge*

"We're alive." he said dryly, "Have everyone out return. Back to green status, set course for House Aznable. Which colony was the house I gave you in? Artesia-03? Artesia-05? Ehh, not important right this second. Xastur out."

*he clicked the comms off*

"Stark's. With me, I'm going to the bridge. You can change when I relieve Jason of duty. Then go do whatever family stuff needs be done. Serah, that's on you remember." said Xastur as he began to leave, heading for the exit, Can't use the bikes, I'll just use a boring cart. Seats four, easy to drive but slow. thought Xastur to himself

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

"Sir" saluted Serah, motioning Babs and Max to follow her and the captain as they made their way to a buggy which would take them to the Bridge

Jason watched from a view screen and sighed relieved, standing up and stretching, "Well done people, lets go home." he said plainly, an air of calm fell over as the professionalism fell away to casual as he waited for Xastur to appear and relieve him.

Sword Freak

"Seeraah....We're on green alert. You know the rules. Drop the Sir and Captain shit." said Xastur at the start in a merrily voice before ending it stone cold serious, "Again. It's Xastur, say it with me, Xastur...."

*Xastur started the buggy up and began the surprising long trip from rear hanger to bridge*

"Already ahead of you. All the Shiden's have landed, the Knight's have been given the stand down order, and we've already began the trip back home." said the bridge officer, "Kinda need to go back anyways. Our current crew isn't enough for the Great Astraia. We're working with a third of the crew needed for a ship like this. A few less soldiers and we'd be a glorified skeleton crew."

*while a long trip, they made it to the bridge, Xastur entered*

"Alright, alright. Get the fuck outta my seat Jason. And go hug your family. That's an order soldier!" he gave Jason his orders and looked out at space, "This is a great view after a successful mission. Now. I'll be in the Captain's lounge."

*he walked towards the back of the bridge and flipped over a panel with a hand scanner, it scanned his hand then it took a DNA sample before the door opened, revealing a secret room just on the bridge. Xastur entered and shut the door. He walked over and started running a shower and then took his weapons off, then his pilot suit before stepping into the shower. He took a quick one, dried off with a few towels and a couple large hot air body dryers. He got dressed in one of his normal uniforms with full regalia, rearmed, put his pilot suit down the laundry chute first then dropped the helmet down as well, he then exited the room, five minutes barely having gone by*

"I feel much better." he said drying the rest of his hair with a towel before tossing it off to the side, using his hand to brush his hair back then he put his face crown on, "So. Anyone feel like attacking us while I was gone? Any of the Knight's kill another Knight?"

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"