Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1770
    Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony

I'm starting to understand what he might have wanted to do with him.

"Well, good luck with that. Let me know how it works out. But,free word of advice, if you're only in this for the experience, that is fine, have at it. Just stay out of our way, the last thing we need out there is a arrogant fighter Jockey who's a metal hunter."

With that Jack left, not caring if Corbin answered him or not. He was on his own now.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

"You'd do well to remember your own advice. Lord Greybere has let rumors about House Garma spread." replied Corbin as Jack left, The Heir to the weakest House has less allies among the nobility than I do. Even in his own House. thought Corbin to himself

*he went back to work with the rest of the techs*

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Jack left the hanger, with out saying a word. He kept his head up but the words still hit him in the gut harder than he would let anyone know.

Lord Greybere, isn't letting rumors slip out, he is most likely spreading the rumors himself. And knowing just how far he was willing to go, he is no doubt embellishing them just to make it worse for me. Just have to power through them and prove them wrong about us...no me. S**T got to stop doing that. That little f**ker got to me. Arrogant ass that he is, something might happen out there. The things that could go wrong, the list is endless. Cracks in seals..power resistors good get crossed. So many things in a MS that could make for very unfortunate events for a pilot. Then of course things can just get so confusing when the rounds start coming down range. the fog of war and all that. He did admit that he needs to gather better experience, so he is kind of out of his element, a newbie, and they tend to make mistakes. Push themselves to hard to fast. Or Just trying to get that metal and going for the glory not the mission. People have been lost for less.......

Jack was thinking more and more about what was said, or what he could do. He was getting lost in his thoughts about Corbin. He was getting fixated he was getting frustrated, angry, he wanted to hit something hard. His hands started to shake, he wanted to go back in there right now and grab him by the throat. Jack could almost feel his throat in his hands. His blood was boiling, he was about to go back when he heard it.

Yes just end it now..get him out of the way...do it for the safety of the team..he might get someone killed or worse he might put us in danger..he could help Lord Greybere...add to the stories.......or we could wait it out....we will be in combat soon and it would be nothing a simple matter of letting the targeting system slip...easy as getting out of bed....[/I]

Jack half fell, half stumbled and fell into the wall. The voice taking him off guard, it was a whisper in the background, but it was the idea that made it sound so easy, so convincing, sound so right. He knew that he would still be there, just not this close and not this easily provoked.

"Pull your self together man. Put it away. Puppies and kittens, happy thoughts. Keep it in there stay in control. I got this. Just go to the Simulator and work it off. He just got under your skin man. Move on. Your good. Get up a good sweat, work it out of your system. then tell Dr. Shema. I did not know just how easy it is for it to come out, and certainly not that fast. She should know, maybe I should go to her first. No get it out of the system first, then talk about it."

Jack gave himself a little pep talk, it helped. He was getting back in control. He shook it off and walked into his hanger and got to work with setting up a full attack program in the sim.
    He wanted something that would really work it out of him.

"This one will work. Starts with 1 enemy and doubles every 3 minutes. I guess I better learn to kill them faster or get overwhelmed. should be just the work out I need right about now."

Jack was about to hit run when something caught his attention. There in the list of available suits to chose as the attacking force was the Sandrock. Both in its normal form and in the current form that Corbin was setting up.

Damn they are fast with this thing. But, it is tempting......but no that would only feed into the hate. And to be honest I don't hate the guy, OK I'm starting to really dislike him...like a lot. But it is really just what he said that got to me. Didn't realize just how easy it is for me to get that angry, angry enough to let him speak. Got to watch that. but still there was truth in his words. But on the other hand it still might be helpful to know just what it could do...maybe next time.

Jack hit start and closed the cockpit.

...damn it all. That sounded worse than I intended it to be. thought Corbin on reflection, "Hey guys I'll be back."

*with that Corbin headed to where Jack was, asking someone and entering the hanger, he waited for Jack to finish a battle before interrupting. Meanwhile Lilith was sitting in the Grimgerde's cockpit*

This is a lot better and easier to pilot than my Xamdrag. He really is looking after me..... thought Lilith on Xastur giving her no choice in the matter, I will do my family and my love proud. That said, duel wielding is not a forte so it may be better to wield one sword and the machine gun instead. At least until I get enough confidence in wielding both. Oh! Maybe after this is all over and we aren't all court martialed Lord Balor can give me a few pointers. He'll soon become my father-in-law.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Jack had set a timer for the first go-round in the Sim. After 20 minutes the system shut the battle down. Jack started to exit the cockpit. The battle simulation was about as real as one could get for a training evolution. By the time the system shut down he was going up against 18 suits with another 36 being released, and his suit was not fairing to well after the kind of onslaught he was put under. He would not have survived the next wave.

(OOC*He did not realize that Corbin was waiting, and he has a habit of thinking out loud as he is doing now.)

“Damn that was intense, when it said it doubled the number every 3 minutes it didn’t say a damn thing about keeping the other ones still in play. S**T in terms of total numbers, I went up against 63 suits! Only had 18 left at the end. But I was about to get another 36 joining in. Damn, double every 3 minutes is a Bitch! That is one for a team, solo you are as good as dead.”

The fight had worked, he was feeling himself. At first he let the anger go a bit in the sim and it had worked out rather well. But he could actually feel it trying to take over, he pulled back and tried to just make this a training exercise and he was able to box him back up.

“Well it’s nice to know I can stop old Judgy before he gets out, put him back in his box. But still the Doctor should know how easily he comes out. But in a bad combat situation he could be a useful asset, and a dangerous one at the same time.”

Jack finally looked out the cockpit, realizing that he was, 1. talking out loud again. And 2. Someone could have been listening, seeing Corbin, he realized someone most likely was.

Crap got to work on this whole thinking out loud thing. I just don’t even realize I’m doing it until it’s too late sometimes. And of all people it had to be him.. why not someone like Lilith, at least Xastur could keep her quiet about what she hears, but him…crap

“Hello Corbin, Just play it off, like it never happened.See what happens. But still watch your back man. You're dealing with a snake in the grass. look I know I was a bit snarky. And a bit of an ass towards you. I get it, she is your suit I have no right to try and get you to change it. So ya I get it, I touched a nerve. I kind of deserve what you said. As for most of those rumors going around, I only ask that you take them with a light grain of salt. Rumors are built on speculation from people who don’t know the full story. But still someone’s perception, good or bad, can become their reality of a situation.”

"My words were also said with the wrong tone. The reason I don't want an increase in speed is because my reflexes aren't as fast as everyone else. I like being able to take a shot like it's nothing where as with another suit that same shot would have destroyed them." said Corbin, "Some rumors can be taken at face value but there are some that are obviously true. House Dozle has pulled it's standard House Garma protection fleet from rotation. And as far as most of the Empire's nobility are concerned you're considered the weakest among the Heir's. Neither of us are in any position to rock the boat. I just need to get a couple more missions where I'm not useless or the asshole and a transfer out is as good as done. Then when I'm out of the Knight's I can apologize to Lady D'endrah properly and go back to commanding my own ship within House Ghiren space....that is if they don't start doing inter-House patrols. With the merger and all the routes will probably be changed, however minor."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Jack was pleased that this was one of the only times that he could remember when the two actually talked, without jabs or innuendo.

“I think I have an idea. One that could help both of us, a win- win if you will.”

Jack walked over to his impromptu desk waving Corbin to follow. As he sat behind his “desk” which was just a packing container that was cut up to better serve its new purpose. Jack pulled out 2 glasses and poured water for himself, but offered a variety of different high dollar liquor to Cobin.

“Please help yourself; one thing my house was known for was good drink and good times. Might as well use it if you have it right?”

Sitting back and taking a long pull of ice water Jack thought over his next train of thought before going on with it.

“OK I will be blunt with you. I know most of the rumors, and what is being said. I will not speak any more about them, and that is final. I can’t tell you much of what happened, under orders and all that stuff. But needless to say I was a very different person for the past few years. I have since been given what one might call a restart. I just have to prove to the council that the change is real. To do that, I have to be up front with certain people. I think you qualify as such a person. I don’t have my full memory of all of the events before this, but I do remember having plans for you, plans that would not end well, the kind that end 6 feet under. I assure you those “plans” have been thoroughly scuttled, to the point that I told Xastur about them in full. With a new pledge to him that if he sees anything that even remotely looks like those plans, he is to put me down. OK first lie about that, but I actually do wish it were true. If I could remember the whole plan I would make that exact deal with Xastur.
    I don’t tell you that to put you on edge, just the opposite. I want all of my cards on the table so to speak. I meant what I said about having to work together, in order to have the best defensive protection for the team we will have to work as one. I will have to know what you are thinking and going to do during a fight and you will need the same of me. If we work together it will only look that much better for both of us. You will show that you are a team player, that you can take orders as well as give them. You and I can both show that we can think on our feet, we can be assets not liabilities. No down side to that, that I can see.
    You get to show case your abilities as a field commander and an asset to a team or mission. I get to do the same; we both look good in the eyes of the higher up. Hell we take turns being the one in charge of the defenses, giving us both the needed exposure as assets.”

Jack looked at Corbin for a long second hoping that he could sense or see that he was in fact quite serious and meant what he said.

“So what do you say? Burry the proverbial hatchet and start this whole shit show over?”

Mott had told the techs what he wanted after looking though the parts, there were a few odd looks from some of them due to the nature of the requests, but they said they'd do it. Afterward he left the hangar area going for tone of the elevators and leaving for the medical bay while in the elevator alone it left him some more time to think. What is it that I want? it used to be a question that was clear to him but in the past few months the answer had grown allot hazier Just a few months ago it was to get some cushy ship based job and eventually make captain, then it was something more intelligence, now he wasn't sure. Assuming any of this works, doors will open I suppose. as if on a timer, the Elevator doors slid open. Hell I could even retire. he thought though a large part of him didn't want to just sit idle, he walked the halls thinking as he made it to the medical bay.

"Doctor." Mott greeted as he walked in "I'm sure Xastur has already briefed you on what's going on?"

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    Jack was pleased that this was one of the only times that he could remember when the two actually talked, without jabs or innuendo.

“I think I have an idea. One that could help both of us, a win- win if you will.”

Jack walked over to his impromptu desk waving Corbin to follow. As he sat behind his “desk” which was just a packing container that was cut up to better serve its new purpose. Jack pulled out 2 glasses and poured water for himself, but offered a variety of different high dollar liquor to Cobin.

“Please help yourself; one thing my house was known for was good drink and good times. Might as well use it if you have it right?”

Sitting back and taking a long pull of ice water Jack thought over his next train of thought before going on with it.

“OK I will be blunt with you. I know most of the rumors, and what is being said. I will not speak any more about them, and that is final. I can’t tell you much of what happened, under orders and all that stuff. But needless to say I was a very different person for the past few years. I have since been given what one might call a restart. I just have to prove to the council that the change is real. To do that, I have to be up front with certain people. I think you qualify as such a person. I don’t have my full memory of all of the events before this, but I do remember having plans for you, plans that would not end well, the kind that end 6 feet under. I assure you those “plans” have been thoroughly scuttled, to the point that I told Xastur about them in full. With a new pledge to him that if he sees anything that even remotely looks like those plans, he is to put me down. OK first lie about that, but I actually do wish it were true. If I could remember the whole plan I would make that exact deal with Xastur.
    I don’t tell you that to put you on edge, just the opposite. I want all of my cards on the table so to speak. I meant what I said about having to work together, in order to have the best defensive protection for the team we will have to work as one. I will have to know what you are thinking and going to do during a fight and you will need the same of me. If we work together it will only look that much better for both of us. You will show that you are a team player, that you can take orders as well as give them. You and I can both show that we can think on our feet, we can be assets not liabilities. No down side to that, that I can see.
    You get to show case your abilities as a field commander and an asset to a team or mission. I get to do the same; we both look good in the eyes of the higher up. Hell we take turns being the one in charge of the defenses, giving us both the needed exposure as assets.”

Jack looked at Corbin for a long second hoping that he could sense or see that he was in fact quite serious and meant what he said.

“So what do you say? Burry the proverbial hatchet and start this whole shit show over?”
    "No thanks. More of a wine person than hard liquor." said Corbin, "It's not a bad offer, but we're officers. We should be expecting to be placed as squad leaders in the upcoming operation. I get the feeling we'll be using the full compliment of mobile suits this ship carries."

*Corbin sat down, ignoring Jack's plan for him*

"And not for nothing, but you aren't my type. Knight's teaming up seems to lead to something. I mean, Lord Kal and Lady Kara. The Captain and Lady Lilith. Even the young ones, Gray and Stark. I'm sure you see where I'm going with this." he partially joked but was a bit serious about too, "I'm not against the idea of teaming up, just, we're quite close to a major operation. Best to go with what we know best right now and ease into teamwork. Forcing it rarely works out well for all parties."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Mott had told the techs what he wanted after looking though the parts, there were a few odd looks from some of them due to the nature of the requests, but they said they'd do it. Afterward he left the hangar area going for tone of the elevators and leaving for the medical bay while in the elevator alone it left him some more time to think. What is it that I want? it used to be a question that was clear to him but in the past few months the answer had grown allot hazier Just a few months ago it was to get some cushy ship based job and eventually make captain, then it was something more intelligence, now he wasn't sure. Assuming any of this works, doors will open I suppose. as if on a timer, the Elevator doors slid open. Hell I could even retire. he thought though a large part of him didn't want to just sit idle, he walked the halls thinking as he made it to the medical bay.

"Doctor." Mott greeted as he walked in "I'm sure Xastur has already briefed you on what's going on?"
    "Eh, not as much as you'd think." she shrugged, "I know I have some superficial surgery to do. Lets try to not think of something that'll be hard to reverse."

*she pushed a few buttons for a clean room and for clean tools*

"So what am I doing? I can work a chemical burn scar around the missing eye, bleach the skin a bit, enhance the scarring. Gonna change the hair color and eye color. Short term nanite manipulation. Can last up to two months without touch ups. I can also do some semi-permanent tattooing, give an arm a full sleeve or whatever." said Shima, "For the record I am not thrilled about this mission. More on the "we're doing it" reason than anything else. We suppose to be "taking it easy" per Council order's."
    Last edited by Exia; May 11, 2018 at 8:47 AM.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

"Just the template here, he has some eye thing for the mission that'll go in." Mott explained handing her a data file with the assumed identity's face"So remove the scars I suppose. Overhaul the face, don't need to worry about Tattoos and such really as far as I know." Mott shrugged "I can't say I'm thrilled about it, but. It is what it is." he gave his thoughts flatly Was going to do it either way but, doubts now huh. it was all he could do not to chuckle. "Doesn't matter, at the end of the day he didn't want to use someone else off team, and well. I can only speak in regards towards the other pilots but I don't think they have the chops for this kind of work."

*Shima loaded the file and looked it over*

"Nothing extreme. I'm gonna record this so I know exactly what was done so I can undo it." said Shima, she did have a small grin, "Most of the other pilots Mott. Jason and I are also registered as emergency pilots. He could pull something off, but looking at his file I'm quite sure the explosion he'd create to destroy Libra if left up to him would have enough force that even the home colonies would feel. As for myself, I don't want to sound boastful but I'm as beautiful as I am cunning, armed with natural distraction methods that only a woman knows how to use. But if I'm completely honest I'd look to blow it up thru whatever means I could and that would probably look a lot like Jason's method. I do enjoy a good explosion."

*she transferred the picture to another screen*

"So you want gas or injection? I need to put you under for this. Either one works, just there will be discomfort when you wake up. The gas will probably still be in effect when you wake up. The injection will be counteracted with another injection. It's just a matter of figuring out how high you want to feel when it's done. You can claim high threshold for pain, but this is going to require a few hours of post surgery rest where all you can do is sit there and let yourself get used to the new face. Your choice, I would recommend the gas in both my medical opinion and personal opinion." explained Shima, "By tomorrow there should be no trace of pain from surgery. It's all relatively minor surgeries."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

"I didn't forget about wolf, he's just a bit old for this op," Mott said with a chuckle, "We'll go with your recommendation I suppose, I'm not so macho as to deny anesthetic out of some pride." he didn't seem very talkative right now multiple reasons mostly he was just focusing on preparing himself, partially he didn't know how much to spill. She probably knows more than she's letting on. Xastur and her have worked together for some time, there's bound to be some level of confidence there. he thought.

"Lets get started then." said Shima, bring down a mask from the ceiling and holding it over Mott's mouth as she pushed a few things on a tablet connected to the table, soon enough Mott was out and Shima started her work

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    "No thanks. More of a wine person than hard liquor." said Corbin, "It's not a bad offer, but we're officers. We should be expecting to be placed as squad leaders in the upcoming operation. I get the feeling we'll be using the full compliment of mobile suits this ship carries."

*Corbin sat down, ignoring Jack's plan for him*

"And not for nothing, but you aren't my type. Knight's teaming up seems to lead to something. I mean, Lord Kal and Lady Kara. The Captain and Lady Lilith. Even the young ones, Gray and Stark. I'm sure you see where I'm going with this." he partially joked but was a bit serious about too, "I'm not against the idea of teaming up, just, we're quite close to a major operation. Best to go with what we know best right now and ease into teamwork. Forcing it rarely works out well for all parties."
    Jack just thought it over, he had to be careful of his words here. The answer and the way he put it could go either way.

I don’t get it. Be nice to him, treats you with contempt, treat him like s**t and more of the same. I get it, I understand what he is trying to say, but the contempt hidden in his words. Dose he really think that highly of himself. He is either a complete Asshat or just so blinded by the elusive reach for glory that he physically or mentally can’t or won’t work with us as part of the team. I have your number and that is a good thing. I need to watch how I put this, but I don’t want him anywhere near me in combat, but don’t need to carelessly make another enemy who would feed the other enemies to bolster himself. I’m in a corner yet again. Why do I always seem to do this to myself? Stop trying to be the nice guy, so far it has only created problems.. Maybe I can work on my suit give it better abilities and …… yes just a few tweaks here and there and I can be heavier on the offensive side, thus relieving me of the need to be in a position that would not be good for us. OK how to use tact 101. Something else that I fail at time and time again.

Taking a moment to give himself time to finish without setting off the powder keg that he could light off if he was not careful.

“Wine is in the bottom shelf. I hear what you are saying, I don’t fully agree, but that really does not matter. I will go with your recommendations. The topic will now be dropped, this discussions is now over.”

Going back to his water, and change topics for a moment. (This is said with a large dose of sarcasm.)

“Nice to know what you’re thinking. Someone mentions teams and you go straight to couples therapy. But I would have to agree again. You are defiantly not my type either, you are missing a few key body parts. But then again that was not the first place my mind went with that. But yours did…strange that was the first thing you thought of. It tells me a lot about you. Good to know.”

(The last part, it would be hard to tell if he was still joking, or dead serous.)

There is always a bit of truth in all jokes. He is so high on himself, the first place his mind goes when someone mentions working together is how they are not good enough for him. Hidden of course by a joke about hooking up. Like no one on this ship is good enough to work with the God of war here. Nice to know, the first thought is about himself.

Getting up and straightening out his flight suit.

“Well I think we are about done here. I still have a few more Sims to get to, I’m still tweaking my girl. Got to get her running smooth and I have a few Mods that I still have to work out their usefulness.”

Then almost as if he forgot, Jack added one more thing

“So the Hatchet? Still swinging or buried? Need to know where you and I stand. We have a tendency to go after each other like alley cats.”

*Corbin shrugged*

"It's not exactly secret that I've enjoyed the company of men as much as women. This is the first time the Armadillo Armor has been used for combat and not pageantry, it needs to be dialed in as much as the cold Shotel's. It's why I feel like teaming up would be poor at the moment. We have theoretical data on the armor and weapons from suits of past that have been given the full armor treatment or used cold weapons. I have my own trepidation about it." noted Corbin as he stood and headed for the door, "As for the hatchets. Put them back on the wall where ceremonial weapons belong. This....This is nothing, I've been avoiding the Captain as best I can for those reasons."

*with that said Corbin left and went back to his own hanger to finish working and dial in his own suit*

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"