Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1532

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony

Toby and Serah took their leave. Tobias sighed, shaking his head as Serah stood there for a moment as the door closed.

"So?" she said as she came to terms with what Xastur noted.

"Yeah" stated Toby.

"Does this mean?"

"Well take it slow...I wouldn't want...whatever this is...to mess up your career." he said with a weak smile, "As for it going far...I'm willing if you are?" he said causing her to blush some more.

"Well see" she said as they left to the hangar, hoping to cool this tension off by working on their mobile suits.

Jason watched the incident on a camera, sighing as he placed his thumbprint on the tablet and signing off on it, "I'm not too fond of transporting them either. Frankly, if we could do this safely here I'd be all for it friend. However A, that is not the case, to train what are basically raw newtype recruits here would be extremely dangerous for the Empire as a whole. And B, the guys at Atlantis know what the hell they are doing, they can train them all safely without control being lost and casualties skyrocketing. Besides, well be there hopefully every step of the way to keep them safe." He said as he heard him call him Wolf, "I haven't been called that in almost 800 years...its good." he said with a chuckle, "One more thing as a mental note: If Tobias Gray breaks Serah Starks heart...remind me to break his legs" he said with his wolfish smirk as he leaned back and signed off on the loading, "Make sure all mobile suits, supplies, and personell are secured before we ship out. And run a thorough once over on the manifest, I wanna make sure we have exactly what we need" he stated, his serious tone quickly returning after making such a joking remark...or was it?

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Tread carefully

Jack looked at Xastur for a few long moment before finally starting to answer, it was choppy he was very careful of his words. Choosing them very carefully.

“I will answer most of your question, no need for me to pretend that you wouldn’t be told about what happened, or what they think happened. But let’s go over this a bit at a time.
    I will start with as you call it “the little culling”. You say that if it had been kept it in my family nothing would have been said. Yet here we are talking about it.
    The inquiries were in fact kept all in house. It was stopped before it crossed family lines. I cannot and would not condone it going into another house, besides the whole aspect of the Law, it is just very rude to do so. “

Jack took out his pistols and did as Xastur, pulled the magazines and emptied the chambers. Setting them both in front of him on the table.

“Besides you of all people should know that I did not go into others houses, I did tell you about the ones in your house as well as house Ray. I let you and the heads of the other house deal with them, I did not go after them myself that would have crossed a line that could never be un-crossed.
    As far as the roles of Judge, Jury, and executioner, yes I did know about that aspect of the empire. But these issues were not brought before the council or the official empire because I had a gut feeling about what would happen if I did bring it before them, and I was proven correct. This was a family matter taken care of in house.
    As far as what the use of, or the importance of House Garma is I’m sorry to say, I cannot confirm or deny that I was told about it. But if I was told I would have given my word that I would keep it secret and that would mean even from you. Although I have a feeling that you already know. But either way I gave my word and I mean to keep it.”

Jack un-clipped his sword and placed in on the table between himself and his pistols. (The blade was unsnapped and released slightly from the scabbard and was in positioned so that it could be grabbed at a moment’s notice if needed.)

I will dis-arm with him. He is at least showing me that much trust. But still, he could be lulling me in and waiting for a team to come in when I’m unarmed. Best at least keep my sword as close and ready as I can. Reloading the pistols would be a bit obvious.

Jack did not want to go on to much further yet. He wanted to see what Xastur would have to say before going on further. He had after all been asked a few questions at once, if he answered them all at once he knew it would turn into a rant and that never ends well for him. He thought it best to space out the fishing trip.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

"I'm talking about the step-mother and half brother. Had you stopped there and given the Council or even leaked the information to another House about the rest of them then we wouldn't be talking about this. A few names have been in the Council's sights before but nothing could be proved. As it stands, you may be under the impression that your cull was all "in house" when the fact is it wasn't. These families could have lost their rights as noble's had a different course been picked. But now, since the conspirators are dead there's no one to shift blame onto. They get their full burial rights as Nobles instead of a crater where traitors are put." said Xastur, "I haven't even bothered staining my blade with House Aznable's traitor's blood. I've left them in a dark room, food every few days, and no real plumbing. It's been a few months, a few more and they'll be nothing more than rabid animals in human bodies. Then someone else can put them down."

*Xastur put his sword down on the table and leaned back in his chair*

"Again. I haven't been told much. Father's role is to act as a buffer, sometimes I don't need to know things. For better or worse. I haven't heard anything from Kal. And I haven't heard anything from Kara. All I know is what my own agents told me. For the record. I'm personally not that offended at your actions. Would've been nice to nail some corrupt noble's with tangible proof but it's whatever really. You can relax a little. This is my ship. All ship's that are of this class were built by House Aznable technicians and engineers to my specifications. The major reasoning I had when I approved the Shiden project was because I could funnel money and equipment to my ship building site. Only Kal and Kara knew about the location and even they weren't aware that I shifted the focus away to ship building. Well. Not entirely true, I told Kara. She kept quiet about it. When you have a 20+ year friendship some things you just let slip by. But I digress.....This whole thing doesn't make House Garma look good to the higher ups. Makes it look like there's instability in your House. Hard to swat that away when all the people who could've proved you right ended up getting killed. Playing good soldier is the play you should go with. Knight's aside. Give the Council a reason to summon you again thru those actions. You have to be able to see both sides and see how it will affect the years to come. That's what it means to be Head of a House. Will those decisions be the right ones? Naturally, it's impossible to be 100% right but it's possible to land in the general area and work from there."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

”Then someone else can put them down."

Those words echoed in Jacks head as Xastur said them.

Dear lord let me have them when the time comes. Please give them to me…the fun I could have with such feral animals…. I could..

For the first time Jack, as hard as he tried and as good as he was at hiding his emotions could not hide the look of pure joy at the thought of the bloodletting and killing those two.

get ahold of yourself. ….he very might well know what I have been doing, as if they were the only ones Ha haha…but don’t give him the rope. He may approve of my method, for now. But when push comes to shove don’t give him anything to hold over you. As much as I trust him I have to watch my back. I’m I being too careful? I don’t know, I will have to find out just how much I can really say around him. Drop something and see where it goes…..If he really knows he might just say it, but if I agree would that be an admission. Fuck I’m stuck in circles with this.

“Xastur, my Step-mother and half Brother surely you know they were..died in a dreadful accident wondering and playing around an old abandoned building.
    As for the others. I fully understand your point of stripping the family’s noble rights. But I have what I can only say is a very different way of looking at things. Yes they could, get full burial rights, as unfortunate as that is. But I cannot hold others accountable for something that they are innocent of. I know what that is like, and that is one of the reasons that the council and I will not see eye to eye. That being said, I still have everything pertaining to them and their actions. They were not dispatched without knowing that they were truly guilty. So they could still be found as Traders if one were to press the issue…..after all there is always an exception to every rule, is there not?”

Jack leaned back in his seat yet still within reach of his sword.

“I beg your forgiveness in this, but I have heard those words before. “Relax it is safe” and that did not end well for any of us did it? Hell (chuckling) I tried to kill you and Kal down there, ya real safe. So because of that I find that I’m always a bit of the preverbal “Cat in a room full of rocking chairs” if you understand.”

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

"No. This is a case of once the noble dead are buried all crimes they committed in life are absolved. A public and private trial would have be needed. But that can't happen now can it?" said Xastur, he looked at Jack with cold remorseless eyes, "I know full well the way they died. I may have spent my time "idle", but my spies do not know the meaning of the word. This game of what I know verse what is said on record is getting old. This is going nowhere and is now wasting my time. I put this time aside because I thought this was something that needed to be discussed one on one but whatever."

*Xastur leaned forward and pulled his scimitar closer with his left as he brought up the holoscreen to unlock the room and restore functions with his right*

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

“My apologies Sir. You are correct. I don’t want to or mean to waist your time. I have just been pulled in so many directions of late, my trust of others has been shaken. I know beep inside that if there is one person with whom I can be honest with is you. Not to leave Commodore Kal out, the two of you are the only people who have ever treated me decently or as an equal. I should be man enough to admit when I’m wrong, and I am.
    I should not have second guessed my first thoughts and gut feelings towards you.
    Yes you are correct, I not only killed the two of them. ..... I found I liked it. Then with the others. I had the initial intention of turning them over to the courts. Hell I had two witnesses from the attack. Then it happened again and I got lost in the killing. The power rush , the feeling it gave me. It took over completely body and mind, and I liked it. To be honest when you said another can put them down. I leapt at the chance to have them, and hopped you would give them to me. I don’t know what that makes me, but the only thing that stops it is a fear of bringing dishonor to you, Kal, and the Knights.”
    Last edited by gundammonkey; December 2, 2017 at 6:58 PM.

"Trust is always earned. And not easily in my case. Killing.....it's the original drug. And it's not as if I can say I haven't drowned a bit in blood lust before, but after a certain point it loses it's meaning and purpose. You can only fill it with more intense killing thru torture. How long can they survive when the clock starts? How much can you hold back to make it last longer? When to savor the feeling over whether to save it for after the deed has been done? That is why I am concerned. You never realize you've gone too far until you actually do. And usually it won't end well." said Xastur, before adding, "I, for what it's worth, saw the line far before I ever got near it. And I feel like you've gone further than I have closer to that line. Now would be the best time to ween yourself off it. The Knight's have the spotlight for the time being as far as the Empire's concerned. A few squeaky clean missions and things should settle and I'll be able to get away with a bit more "adventurous" missions. We haven't even gone pirate hunting, what with everything that happened. That was an old standard among the Knight's."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

“I understand your issue with giving out trust. I cannot control how you think, feel, or what you do or say. I can only control myself, if my actions in battle allow you to know what I will do in a given situation so you can plan accordingly, that is a form of trust, and that is trust enough for me.
    Trust is not Earned, it is given and I hold no illusions that I’m entitled to anything of the such.

But that is because I know a truth that most others do not. Most have the misguided notion that trust is a two way street. “If I trust you, you should trust me.”
    The truth is just the opposite, trust is NOT a two way street, it is a one way, one lane road.

I can trust someone even if they have no trust in me. So you saying that your “trust” is not easily given, that is fine because you already have mine and that is all I need for the now. Besides I should not go about “trying to gain his trust” because that would not be the real me, it would be someone trying to be something he is not. If I am to be given your trust it will be because of who I am, not who I want you to think I am.

As for, and I’m not even sure you can call it killing, it was more playing to me.It did not feel like "Killing" to me. To me they were no longer people, they were just tools, or even later the others were just things that gave me something to do. Sometimes they were the same thing, tools to give me something to do. Does that make sense to you, or is it just me?

I’m fine now, but I know later in the future I will want to, no I will need to feed the whole. But at the same time something is telling me that it might be wrong, so there should not be a next time. I'm a bit conflicted right now.

But your example of seeing a “line” not to cross, that intrigues me.
    I saw no line nor do I know of one. Was I to be looking for one? I don’t mean that to be sarcastic, I just never thought about a “line” let alone crossing it. What does that make me?
    After the traders but during the others the one thing that made me stop and clean up was a random thought that you might not like it, or others would not understand and it would might make you and the knights look bad……..wait, is that the line you were talking about?”
    Last edited by gundammonkey; December 2, 2017 at 11:00 PM.

"That's one way of looking at the line. But from my point of view the fact you just said you considered killing more like playing says you crossed the line but staggered back away from it because of it would make the Knight's and myself look....It tells me that you didn't even think about yourself. Do you trust yourself given all that's happened?" asked Xastur, I won't push it. 'Sides, gotta go greet the new passengers. Really least I can do. And I need to figure out who to bring down....Screw it. It's just gonna be Serah, Rodgers, and Barnes. The rest of them can stay aboard the ship. Jason may want to go but he has to stay behind for the sake of the ship. he thought as he said, "Just keep perspective Jack. There's doing what needs to be done and there's committing terrible acts. The line greys but if it gets to the point where after the deed is finished and you look around and think "I'm a monster" then it'll be time to seek out aid. Just so we're clear, you do have my trust. And my respect for being honest in this matter. And....okay, first don't tell Azer. But playing devil's advocate and speaking up on his behalf, I liked that. Just read the situation, if I'm in a pissy mood it's probably best to just go about rank and file but if I'm my usual self relax, don't be so serious."

*Xastur got up and sheathed his sword*

"You'll like training deck 3. It's a melee weapon training deck. You cleared for that Katana?" asked Xastur, he left out the part that among the walls there were hundreds of different types of weapons to pick from all the ages and types

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

“Thank you, I will watch how things go with reference to my …”extracurricular activities”, for lack of a better word. I will keep it in check. And Yes I trust myself, that is the first person you need to trust before you can even think about trusting others.

As for Corbin Azer, I will keep that remark here, but he does need to watch the way he refers to me when it comes to rank. Yes rank has its purpose and needs to be respected, but on the wrong person, or used to lord over someone it could ….well not end well. But I think he will work out just fine for m… us He will work out fine for us.

As for my Katana, yes I better be cleared for it. This is the weapon I was trained on for the better part of my life. This weapon suits me better, your scimitar is nice but just a different style. Heck now that I have my chosen weapon I could probably give you a run for your money. Maybe we could test that at a later date. And I will check out this training room, sounds fun.”

As Xastur sheathed his sword, Jack started to gather his weapons and return them to their places. From the way Xastur was moving and the way he held himself, Jack knew that the meeting was over or should be.

With a wide grin and smothered in sarcasm Jack added one last comment to Xastur.

“Soooooo.. I take it that the answer is no, you won’t give me the two pieces of crap you have in your basement then?......sorry had to ask. You never know right?"
    Last edited by gundammonkey; December 3, 2017 at 2:36 PM.

"The Knight's place a higher value on seniority than rank. He is a Lieutenant Commander, you're a Lieutenant. Heir status isn't a military rank, it's a special rank for us upper elite nobles. Honestly, Barnes and Rodger's could have given me orders since they've been here longer than I have but since Kal and I had a habit of launching raids on pirates that squad warmed up to me quickly. It's been over four months but I can see Stark, Barton, and Romanov dying by the Hashmal's hand.....That was a good team those five." said Xastur, "Don't get cocky Jack....I'm also rated for a Katana. Few dozen weapons honestly.....But as for that type of sword I hold a 10th Dan in Iaido and am considered a Master of Battojutsu. Which is a style of attack that can be used even with my scimitar. If we're gonna do sparring, best to use training swords. Can't do it now. Pretty sure I'll have Captain stuff to do."

*Xastur picked up his 1911 and reloaded it and put it in its holster*

"No Jack. I still have my concerns about those ”extracurricular activities”, and it's a House Aznable problem. I'm gonna wait for the boy to finally snap, kill the mother and start raping her corpse before I see to the end of his life." said Xastur as if it was nothing, he keyed in the unlock code for the room and everything was back to normal, "Meeting is done. Go rest. You have a private room due to your nobility, it can be locked. I can bypass the locks since it's my damn ship. But you can lock your room and sleep without worry. Made sure each air duct had defensive measure in case someone tried to use the ducts to move around in. There aren't camera's in the private rooms. It'll just end up badly if there are cameras in the rooms. Wouldn't want a sex scandal to pop up. Anyway. Do whatever really. I'd still say head to your room and rest but it's up to you. Later.....Shit. I'm a little late for my greeting the newtypes."

*with that Xastur left the room with a salute and got on a dirt bike and headed towards the rear hanger, as he parked he saw one of the newtype's stumble and drop their things, he walked over and helped gather them up*

L-lord Xastur!" spoke the male, "Please sir..."

"Ahp!" went Xastur as he put a finger on the male's mouth, "You aren't a citizen of the Empire now, you don't need to call me anything but Xastur now."

"I'm of House Aznable my Lord. And despite that, I still have my loyalty to you Lord Xastur."

"....I'm really not worthy of it."

"But you are! When these abilities first came out I was scared what would happen to me and my family but my family is fine. And the asylum's "cell's"....Well. For one of common birth to be placed in a position to receive treatment on par with nobles was something I never thought possible. And furthermore, I can sense your unease over this."

"Yeah....This was something I wanted to rectify, but the best I can do is offer you a place far away from the Empire."

"On the Zeonic Jewel....I feel it to be a high honor. You're going thru so much for all of us to be placed in a position to be treated as equals again and be useful to a society. I thank you from the bottom of my heart." he said as Xastur handed him his things and he bowed

"Please. Stop. Just....just find a seat please."

"Got it." he said, he expressed gratitude again and then left to head to his seat

"....not much longer now. They're all aboard just about and excess supplies are being strapped down." said Xastur as he gave it all a once over, he looked up at the rear hanger ceiling, it would hard to make out to anyone who wasn't familiar with the ship, Guess we'll be testing you out during this mission.....

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Mott was nearly asleep when a beeping went off at the panel screen on the wall opposite his bed he pressed the button and was greeting by his grandfather's face. "Afternoon and you're waking up from a nap? Knights must be a cushy gig indeed." he joked.

Mott rubbed his temples and yawned "Yeah maybe." he replied "That or I over did it in a training mission, or test rather."

"Was it worth it?"

He shook his head "In terms of the test no. Didn't pay off in the way I had hoped really. From a personal standpoint, it let me try a few things I wanted to see if I could do. All in all it was just north of a fucking disaster though...implants been firing allot more than normal now that I'm back in duty, in the moment it was...hard to keep things straight. Kathrine was right I needed another month. It was a learning experience either way so not a waste, just...kinda drained."

"That's my bad on that, I had her reevaluate and approve you for duty."

"Why?" he asked.

"I thought it'd be better than you than going stir crazy while everything else was sorted out, it just conveniently happened to coincide with the putting the knights back in active duty, that wasn't the intention but it happened that way. Had hoped to stick you on a shitty patrol routine or something." he shrugged.

"I see." He said, he didn't know whether to thank him or call him an idiot, his face obviously conveyed this.

"Don't give me that look. Your mother used to give me that look when she thought I was being stupid. I admit, maybe I shouldn't of, but there'd of been a good chance you'd of been put back in there either way. You're under a level of scrutiny as you know. It's a career move one I'm surprised you weren't eager to take."

"Been playing it a bit political haven't I?" he asked with a chuckle.

"You like being back?" he asked his voice had some concern to it to be certain but it would of been hard for most people who didn't know him that well to pick up on it to most Halifax Rafel was a hard man to read even by spy standards, to those who knew him he was actually a rather soft and emotional man. In reality it was that that prompted him to serve the ISB in a more political administrative way later in his career than the field operative way he once had before he was a father.

"Don't know yet." he responded truthfully. "To a degree yeah, sure, you spend a month with people in a life and death situation on an alien world you go onto miss them. At the same time I think I'm beginning to enjoy piloting." he said it didn't sound like it was a good thing despite most people would think that it was. "Yeah mostly I like being back sure."

"What's so bad about enjoying piloting?"

"It was just not the way I saw my life going, none of it was. I know it's Naive to say that, shit changes. Roll with the shitnami is what my dad would say. Just makes me feel like...allot of everything before was a bit of a waste."

"You're young. You're not supposed to have it all figured out, fuck you have more of a reason to be confused than other people your age. Truthfully...it's refreshing you being so damn doom driven thoughout the academy and such made everyone worried, you just had this demenor, I know what I want to do that's that. You still have that drive, but doubt's good. Doubt is what keeps your head above water. So you go a slightly different route than intended and so on you'll have what you want at the end of it."

"Doubt can also get you killed at a critical junction."

"There he is." he shook his head "There's the Mott we know." Mott rolled his eyes and let out a little bit of a smile "It'll be fine just take it as a learning experience if nothing else, pad the resume, not only that but if your own plans for your life bear fruit you have this on top of it. How many people your age can say they have what seems to be their own room on a giant ship and are serving in one of the most known units in the empire's military? You're not their by accident, even if your gut says you are kid."

"Giant ship, you know?" Mott was both surprised and not surprised.

"Yeah well when a ship that fucking big pulls up to the main colony...people tend to talk I tend to listen to what people are saying. What unnerves me is how he was able to do it in secret. On the other end that impresses me. Tell Xastur if he ever gets bored of the Heir stuff that there's a position here waiting for him if only on his logistics expertise." Rafel laughed slightly.

Mott did as well "Doubt that he doesn't seem overly fond of the ISB, but I'll tell him you're impressed he may get a kick out of that. So, was this just a social call? You're not usually one to do simple social calls Gramps."

"No, I'm not. I called partially to apologize and inform you that the ISB idea you had for joining later you told me about a few weeks ago, will have to wait. At least until you have a wife, and more over a kid so they can hold the family's responsibilities in a political theater since bylaws dictate you can't do much in regards to that while in the bureau. I know that look, it's annoying yeah, but you can see where we're coming from right? Not like the ISB was your original goal anyways right just an idea? Like we just talked about you're already on a different path and you don't know what you want. We're not taking the option away entirely, it's just for the best for you. Also it's a bit of a headache on our front there was talks of nepotism when your mother joined ages ago, granted she dispelled those and so would you but still."

"For the bureau you mean? Not like it'd be the first time someone followed family into the ISB anyways."

"That's just a side effect in this case, a minor one. It's not the intention, rather a happy accident. You know this would of been one of those things that would of had to wait anyways, we're just suggesting you wait a bit longer see if it's what you want when you begin to settle down. You do plan on finding someone to marry and such soonish right?"

"Nononononononononononononono." he shook his head "My mother warned me about this, nah-uh. This is where the whole you and grandmother trying to set me up thing starts, she said this would happen." he said it was almost comical.

"She mentioned that huh." he chuckled I knew it. he thought "How about I call you back. You don't seem that mad. But I don't want to pressure you with this whole marriage talk."

"I'm not mad, if anything I'm slightly relieved to hear pressure is minimal in terms of a career front...thought you might be more set on me carrying the family tradition after you grandma and mom. But at the same time annoyed the avenue may be closed."

"Truth is, it's nothing official yet. Just ramblings of mine, and to say not to get to set on it until you're settled. Honestly I'd say get into intelligence within the house rather the ISB anyways. Yeah ISB in it's own right can be a fun challenge, but a start in the house is better anyways and there's less total council oversight like in a joint branch like this But yeah we won't pressure you to keep the tradition alive and we aren't going to hamper you either we plan on retiring within a few years anyways. It's not closed though I wouldn't do that to you just scrutiny I wanted to inform you of but you probably knew that with the revelation about Victory. But no on a more serious note about settling into the family...you do plan on giving us great grandchildren right? We still have a few decades left in us. We'd like great grandchildren."

"Seems there's a solar flare up today, it's killing comms." he made fade static sarcastically he didn't want to deal with this marriage talk. No pressure my ass.

"You glib fuck that doesn't work on vid and you kn-" as he said that mott was saying they were entering a tunnel.

He hung up then and sighed. "Naps officially fucked." he sighed he was happy to hear his grandparents were still relatively okay with him doing what he wanted, but he wasn't okay with hearing the marriage pressure starting now. His mother went though it and he did to some degree as well. They wanted him to take his name or give them a grandchild that could take the Rafel name like he was for awhile, especially since his mother Married out of house partially out of rebellion to them. Damn it all. he thought on the brightside this took the failure of earlier this day out of his mind as he walked towards the hangar areas absent mindedly.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; December 4, 2017 at 12:05 AM. Reason: In the Middle of a post ZRC forgot to proofread

Toby and Serah were, for lack of a beter word, doing maintinence on their Suits, tuning them up for the next time they would need to be deployed for real...

Jason sat at the chair, looking at the manifest and going once over. He was constantly checking and rechecking the equipment as was his nature even back then. He had learned the hard way what happened if you didn't have even the most innocuous items for a mission. He improvised, but it made his and Sigma's missions much more difficult. It was a lesson he took to heart as he signed off on almost everything, relegating what he called "extreme" sign-offs to Xastur when he came on board as some of the sign offs were not his call to make. He made final checks as he looked up at the view screen, looking into the black as his thoughts drifted to and fro in his memories.

"Helm" he suddenly spoke, cuasing the helmsman to jolt a bit from the sudden booming voice.

"Ay-Aye Sir?!"
    he asked as he turned around.

"Are we ready in terms of navigation?"
    he asked.

"Aye Sir, this baby has the coordinates locked in. With the exception of combat navigation, this thing can fly itself...as-as for how I can't say."

"No need." replied Jason, "I will not ask for information above my paygrade" Unless I really need to know he thought, in that case I'd just get it myself., "Carry on then, once we have confirmation that all is aboard and loaded, begin preparations for departure."

"Aye Sir!" stated the helmsman, turning to tap on his console and getting programs and systems warmed up.

Jason leaned back in his seat, pulling out a datapad and tapping on its glass screen. A wide but gentle smile stretched across his face, looking at the photograph that was presented. It was a colored photo, with members of Sigma and their families in a huge group picture with the title above reading, "Old War Buddies Reunion...4 GE"

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Jack gathered his weapons and left behind Xastur and headed towards his quarters but really just walking around letting his feet take him where ever they took him as he thought about the meeting.

So he understands the work I’m doing. That is good, I’m sorry that I had to lie to him about stopping but some things are for the best. The only thing I would do differently if there is a next time is add something about “How it made me feel bad”. He saw that and made it sound like something was wrong because I did not think about myself.

But I think he might have just overlooked that, because he went for the difference in what I’m doing and the terrible things they are doing. After all he did say that there is a difference between what needs to be done and terrible acts.
    What I’m doing is necessary, it is needed, I’m helping to cleanse the Empire of some of the evil that has effected and corrupted it and humanity as a whole.

He even letting me know that he was looking out for me. He told me when I should start to look for help, although I don’t think that will be a problem. But if I look at what is happening and I think I have become some kind of monster, or things seem wrong, again not sure how, then it would be time to look for help. Wait perhaps he means that if the work is too much I should get help in finishing my work? That must be what he meant.

Well nothing that I have done was terrible, and I’m certainly not a monster. So I’m good to go!

What I did was beautiful, it was like art. I’m an artistic genius. I take that which is evil and I make them into something beautiful, something more than they were before. How could making something so wonderful be made by a monster? Xastur, he understands Me and my work".

Jack was starting to feel better about his situation. He may have lost his title, but no one knew that yet and he saw no reason to bring it up. And now this news from Xastur, things were starting to look up.

I do think it prudent to at least wait until we are back at the colonies. Keep it quiet for now, after all this place is full of Xasturs people, so I would be hard pressed to find a meat puppet worthy of my time and effort here. These are all loyal people of the Empire, and of Xastur so no need to work here.

*Xastur brought up a schematic as he kept looking up*

Maaan.....These guys are gonna be shocked.....I mean, it's a one time thing but still. An updated and enlarged Komusai II shuttle sans weaponry. Just big enough for all the newtypes, two people in the cockpit, and those supplies. Not to mention I had it redesigned as full medbay, when it's all said and done the Amada's will have medical aid and a place that will work with them. thought Xastur, it was overkill to him but at the same time seemed like it would be put to good use down on Earth, That said....Really hope the Bud Carrier works....Otherwise Jason's gonna need to bring the ship down a helluva lot closer than I want to. it wasn't large enough for a MS, roughly half the size as the standard one it would loaded up with the supplies as a way to get the Knight's and the rest of the Stark's back into space, Now how to break it to Jason...Screw it. I'm gonna wait a little...

*Xastur shut it all down and revved up his dirt bike, he was at least half a mile from the bridge, maybe a little under, but he was gonna take his time getting there*

What the hell was I thinking having a ship this large built? he thought as he noticed that even with the additional crew of the other House's aboard the Great Astraia was still only crewed at half capacity, .....I know Zabi damn well why....But still....it's not like ego was involved. It's a warship. And not one of those pussy warships the Empire's been making. This is a new class of ship....granted it's base is an old model resized, redesigned, and updated with all the newest and prototypeist shit I could get away with. he continued thinking as he was driving pass crew quarters, ....Hmm....Should I say hi to Lili? No. No, no. We're still all officially on duty, no special privileges for her. Damn it all.....The sooner we wed the sooner she can just move into my room.

*at that thought Xastur hit the breaks hard, he did a front wheelie for a good 20 feet before he stopped and the back wheel bounced back onto the floor, Xastur put his hand on the wall, brushing the call button to a room unknowingly, it was Mott's room*

Did I just think that? I spend over a decade trying to run away and in three months time I'm more than willing to run to her.....I suppose that really was a near death experience.....Lili waited all this time for me to come around to something she probably knew would happen. When I think more about it all I've just be terrible to her for years....Amends need to be made to the Karn's for my stubbornness. I need Father to look up the old laws....About making amends and of House Aznable's duties to the Empire. If, and I can only say if, the laws say something, anything really, then maybe Jack might not get as blood lusty. Might be the only way to get him to understand that the path he's on is one of blood and tragedy for those around him and in the end, loneliness for himself. Being Captain isn't as all that great. Wonder if it's too late to abduct Kal and just stick him in the Captain's chair?

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"