Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104 ... LastLast

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony

"Bring your daughter to work day perhaps?" Rabbia asked.

That's when Mott saw an idea, a bit ill formed, but it was something on the table. Wasting an asset is foolish, even if he isn't trusted by them. it was something his mother thought but it was also something he found himself remembering from Shepard, just because they were once an enemy doesn't mean they shouldn't be utilized. "There's always him if we need an extra pilot...he is empire after all."

"His suggestion not mine. I see you definitely are your mothers son though."
    "I don't like jumps. Because you know if I want to fly I would be a pilot not sitting in a car"-Walter Rohrl Two time World Rally Champion

"First off I snuck in" she said as she stepped forward, "I was curious of what was going on. Secondly" she said as she stood forward, "I seek to enlist with my Father. I am raw I admit, but that doesn't mean I am not willing and able to serve Zeon like my father before me." Serah finished, a voice of pride pouring from her veins as she gave a salute to Xastur, "Give me a Chance to show the honor of Zeon is still true in House Stark."

"House Stark? Really?" asked Jason, a hint of humor and pride in his voice.

"What? It is appropriate seeing the Empire uses these terms." she stated, oblivious to what she said.

"No I meant...N-never mind" stated Jason as he stepped forward, placing a hand on Serah's shoulder, "I trained this one from when she was a child Xastur, this one is green but I am confident in her skills as both a pilot and a mechanic." he said with utter surety.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    "Bring your daughter to work day perhaps?" Rabbia asked.

That's when Mott saw an idea, a bit ill formed, but it was something on the table. Wasting an asset is foolish, even if he isn't trusted by them. it was something his mother thought but it was also something he found himself remembering from Shepard, just because they were once an enemy doesn't mean they shouldn't be utilized. "There's always him if we need an extra pilot...he is empire after all."

"His suggestion not mine. I see you definitely are your mothers son though."
    "I know he's Empire.....It's why I had him brought here. I may not like ISB but his voice as a member of the Empire is as valid as yours, his, or hers." he said pointing to Mott, a random bridge comms operator, and a MS tech, "How's your aquatic combat skills?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    "First off I snuck in" she said as she stepped forward, "I was curious of what was going on. Secondly" she said as she stood forward, "I seek to enlist with my Father. I am raw I admit, but that doesn't mean I am not willing and able to serve Zeon like my father before me." Serah finished, a voice of pride pouring from her veins as she gave a salute to Xastur, "Give me a Chance to show the honor of Zeon is still true in House Stark."

"What? It is appropriate seeing the Empire uses these terms." she stated, oblivious to what she said.

"No I meant...N-never mind" stated Jason as he stepped forward, placing a hand on Serah's shoulder, "I trained this one from when she was a child Xastur, this one is green but I am confident in her skills as both a pilot and a mechanic." he said with utter surety.
    "The mouth on this one." said Shima as she took a stance that read of "I'll backhand this one for such disrespect"

"Shima! For Zabi's sake!" said an annoyed Kal

"What? How are you not offended at that claim? House Stark? There are seven houses! No more, no less. Any family that thinks it can rise above the Seven would be cut down."

"Okay....Look. Serah, is it? There are plenty noble families but only seven House's. Talking about turning ones family into a House is more or less treason. Got it?" said Kal

"Oh my fucking Zabi....." sighed Xastur, "Fine. You wanna serve, then so be it."

*he drew his scimitar with his right hand*

"Who's got a cup? And booze?"

"I've got booze." said Shima, pulling out a flask from her jacket, "It's rum."

"Here's a bowl." said Kal, more like a piece of scrap metal than was indented enough to form a bowl shape, Shima poured the all the rum in her flask into the bowl

"Come here." he said, Kal was holding the bowl, and Shima was using a switchblade she had to cut a strand of cloth off her lab coat, Xastur's left hand then held the middle of the blade's edge, "Ha-.....I don't think I can word this better. Grasp the tip hard and keep a tight grip on it. Bladed side."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

"I was unaware that was for nobles only Sirs, Miss." she said with a hint of respect, "I was merely under the impression that is how you address all houses from the Greatest to the Smallest...My apologies" she said with a respectful bow. She stepped forward, doing as Xastur instructed without any flinch of fear in her eyes. She wanted this as she grasped the blade, already feeling the razor break her skin.

Jason couldn't help but chuckle at Shima's reaction, "I remember those words coming out Ghiren's mouth when I was a young recruit...not exactly in those words but he called me an Arrogant fool." he said with a grin as he watched his child prepare to make the oath, "However A man there stepped forward and placed a hand on my shoulder and gave the boisterous laugh you could imagine and said, "Where you see arrogance, I see boldness. Victory and Fate favor the bold who are not afraid to rise to the occasion", however he did warn me not to forget manners in front of higher ranking officers" he mentioned to Serah, with her nodding before bowing her head to Xastur, Kal, and Shima respectively.

"Who said that may I ask?" asked Toby quietly to Jason. Jason looked at Shima and shook his head with a chuckle, like an old memory had flashed before his eyes...and it did.

"Shinn Matsunaga..." Said Jason with a smile...

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

"Basic, at best. In reality I'm not even a pilot by trade usually. I am adaptable though." first and foremost he was an analyst and spy, it's why he fought the way he did rarely head on and always at an advantage. "Give me a unit with sufficient tricks up it's sleeve though and I can pilot anywhere."

Good I was hoping he'd say that. Mott thought, about the whole knight situation he remained silent. Allot of Loyalty to a country you don't know. he thought about Serah's willingness to join the fight. She's definitely Wolf's daughter. The team is shaping up to be interesting. In a good way.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; July 14, 2017 at 5:11 PM.
    "I don't like jumps. Because you know if I want to fly I would be a pilot not sitting in a car"-Walter Rohrl Two time World Rally Champion

*Shima gathered the cloth at the end of the blade and wrapped it, then she placed both her hands on Xastur's and Serah's and squeezed, the blade cut thru a bit more deeply as the blood ran down the blade and Shima collected it with the cloth before both hands were removed and the blade cleaned, the bloody piece of cloth was put into the bowl of rum*

"Ah, should be fine....Enough alcohol in there."

*after letting the rum and blood mix a little Xastur took the bowl in his left hand, still holding his scimitar, he took a small sip from it as he looked Serah in the eyes and handed it to her*

"Finish it all." he instructed, there was definitely more of a rum taste with a bit of a bloody aftertaste

"....Heh." smirked Kal, as if he knew something the other's didn't

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Serah stared at him then at the cup before without another word she took and downed the whole thing. Her face contorted not with disgust but from the alcohol before handing the empty cup to Xastur, still making eye contact with him. Like her father, her eyes were almost void of fear, like a proud wolf among old gods...

Sword Freak

"Now then..."

"I'd recommend joining House Ghiren." chimed Kal

"Bullshit. They're obviously going with House Dozle." declared Shima

"Well. It doesn't matter, it's Serah's decision. Jason only reenlisted. Serah took the Knight's trial in the field and I initiated it all. She should pick House Aznable. It's not like we don't have representatives from each House among the crew." said Xastur, "Join my House, I can guarantee a safe place to house you and your father and I'm willing to dig thru the old designs and have something rigged up so your mother and brother can be brought up as well at a later date."

"I can do the exact same thing."

"Hmm.....I can only put in a great word."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Squabbling over relics. The houses in their prime. Rabbia thought.

"You should join house garma." Mott said usually he didn't pipe into such matters he looked at Jack briefly with a face that could be read as him saying that this was too good of an opportunity to pass up You'll need people in your corner my lord. but it was quick. "I don't mean to presume on such matters, but It'd be an honor to serve along side the Starks in such a capacity. Call it...undeserved sentimentality brought on by my memory implants."

She stared at each of them, her face betraying a sense of worry as she looked at her father. Jason only looked at her with a smile, "The choice is yours Serah. You are your own person. You have nothing to prove to me...only to yourself. No matter what though...I'll always be proud of you." he said as Toby watched on, his own face betraying a sort of realization to himself as he looked on at Serah.

He smiled and nodded to her as well. "Took me a while to figure that out so...your destiny is your own..." he said with a bit more encouragement.

Serah nodded, turning back towards them with a deep breath exhaled, "Who...is the kindest?" she suddenly asked. With Toby staring at her confused and Jason raising an eyebrow, "I know its a naive thing to ask...But I know you all are strong enough to be gentle, wise enough to be patient, and charismatic enough to be encouraging...but I just want to know...which of your Houses is kindest to its people? Who would willing to lay their life even their status on the line if it meant saving those who they do not know, have met or even those who outright hate you for being you. What I am asking is, which one of you is willing to lay down your life to a total stranger? Which one of you is willing to give comfort to someone who you don't know but help them regardless? Even take a bullet for them even if they hate you? Again, I know that this is probably a naive and foolish question, but I ask again still...which one of you is the kindest?" she asked in a sincere voice, looking at them as if holding back the temptation to read their minds...and she was.

Toby stared while Jason kept a stony face as he scanned Shima, Kal, and Xastur, genuinely curious about Serah's question and more importantly their responses.

Sword Freak

"Kindness doesn't keep an Empire alive and thriving for over 800 years." stated Xastur

"Nor does it matter when the people have places to live and food to eat without worry everyday."

"You speak as if that person from an ancient text actually exists. There are no Christ's of the world." said Kal, "It's all rhetoric in the end. One person's kindness is another's pity."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

"Half true, but I see your point" she stated, then looked them all in the eye, "Then answer me this...Say you get back into space, what would you do for the people of this world? Would you keep them a secret or would you place them under your protection or whatever the protocol is? If so what would happen to them if they were discovered by others...not so compassionate and/or as tolerant as you three? Would you risk war against your own countrymen if they threatened not just the very people who saved your lives but all who live on Earth?" she asked, eying Shima especially.

Sword Freak

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    *it was night and Xastur gathered up all the Knights and people of the Empire and took them off away from the village, Jack had been let out of his cell though Barnes was still keeping an eye on him, Gray and Jason were pulled away from the Phantom, and Mott and Healey showed up at different times and away from each other, Rabbia was there if only because he was Empire. Xastur was standing in his normal uniform with Shima at his right and Kal at his left*

"Alright. Here's the deal.....Fuck it. There's a newtype wave shield encasing the entire planet. That'd be the reason why any satellite or probe or scan we did up there came back as either error or destroyed in the upper edges of ATMO. Also happens to be the reason why no one down here has been able to communicate with space let alone launch a ship."

"Great. And the bad news."

"Kal, that was the bad news." said Shima

"I know where the key group to this regions part of the shield is. It's fucking Atlantis......City under the sea, full on Atlantis like the legends. We'll need to borrow some Aquatic suits, which I got okay'd to do by Aina. Pilots can pick over whatever they have tomorrow. Downside is the only way to grant our request would be to beat them in a trial of combat. Which either means Aquatic MS battle or Zabi forbid, one on one duels....And only those who consider themselves members of the Empire are allowed to come with. I don't need to tell everyone here that we're lacking in the pilot department on this one. Not a lot of aquatic missions back home. That said, if anyone knows anyone willing to join us and go thru the whole field ritual for Knighthood then tell them and have them come to me. Zabi knows we need the help when it comes to water warfare."
    Jack just kept to the back of the group watching and putting names to faces, or faces to names. Some names He knew but not the face and vice a versa. The Kal spoke up and Jack finally saw the man that he was meant to hate.

So that is Ka. I think I recognize him, but not sure when I would have met him before. I’m also not really sure why, but I still feel the hate towards him. Why would I still hate him? What did he do to her? Or what did she want from him?

Jack was visibly tensing up as Kal walked around and spoke. He did not realize it, but his fists were clenched tight. Only the slight pain from them made him realize what he was doing. He slowly shook out his fists, trying to make it look natural. But he knew that if anyone was watching they would notice, so the whole being natural part, he was failing at that.
    I don’t understand it. There is a lingering feeling of malice towards Xastur, and that I understand. But the deep hatred for Kal, that I will have to watch myself for, last thing I need is for it to slip out at the wrong time.
    Listening to what was being said about Atlantis Jack was about to ask a few questions himself about the suit situation and the lack of qualified pilots but thought better of it.

I don’t know if I’m even yet qualified. Damn this sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post

""The mouth on this one." said Shima as she took a stance that read of "I'll backhand this one for such disrespect"

"Shima! For Zabi's sake!" said an annoyed Kal

"What? How are you not offended at that claim? House Stark? There are seven houses! No more, no less. Any family that thinks it can rise above the Seven would be cut down."

"Okay....Look. Serah, is it? There are plenty noble families but only seven House's. Talking about turning ones family into a House is more or less treason. Got it?" said Kal

"Oh my fucking Zabi....." sighed Xastur, "Fine. You wanna serve, then so be it."

*he drew his scimitar with his right hand*

"Who's got a cup? And booze?"

"I've got booze." said Shima, pulling out a flask from her jacket, "It's rum."

"Here's a bowl." said Kal, more like a piece of scrap metal than was indented enough to form a bowl shape, Shima poured the all the rum in her flask into the bowl

"Come here." he said, Kal was holding the bowl, and Shima was using a switchblade she had to cut a strand of cloth off her lab coat, Xastur's left hand then held the middle of the blade's edge, "Ha-.....I don't think I can word this better. Grasp the tip hard and keep a tight grip on it. Bladed side."

A girl called Serah spoke up as Xastur was talking about others joining the ranks. Apparently she snuck into the “private” meeting. As others were quick to question as to why she was here Jack couldn’t help but think out loud.

“She’s a ballsy little thing, I for one like her. If she’s brave enough to come to a private meeting of the empire, and the knights, uninvited I might add, then to just speak up like that. I say well good for her, she’s a keeper.”

Then she made a remark about the houses, and Shima ripped into her about the house Stark comment. Looking at Shima, Jack couldn’t help himself, even after Xaster and Kal both said something about it. Jack still felt that it was to far out of line, especially for some one of her blood line to treat someone with such distain.

“Shima a mistake made out of pure innocents and naiveté should not warrant that type of chastising! If you were in her place, and knew nothing of our traditions and values would you want to be accused of disrespecting something you had no knowledge of? And then be threatened with violence? Did you know everything about the people here on earth when we first landed? Don’t you think you or I might have “Offended” someone here out of our ignorance of their ways? I don’t remember much I admit, but something tells me we were not threatened with violence if we said something the wrong way.”

Looking at Xastur and Kal as they were getting prepared for a ceremony.

“My apologies Sir, but I could not just let that go without speaking my mind. Shema may have been correct about the rule of the 7 houses, but has anyone explained it to her, or her people. It was a true and honest mistake.”

still just can’t keep that mouth shut can you. Father would have beaten me for a good while for that. But damn it, I’m right. They can say or do what they want, but I’m right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Squabbling over relics. The houses in their prime. Rabbia thought.

"You should join house garma." Mott said usually he didn't pipe into such matters he looked at Jack briefly with a face that could be read as him saying that this was too good of an opportunity to pass up You'll need people in your corner my lord. but it was quick. "I don't mean to presume on such matters, but It'd be an honor to serve along side the Starks in such a capacity. Call it...undeserved sentimentality brought on by my memory implants."
    “Thank you Mr. Mott. You are quite correct in you reasoning and thought. It indeed would be an horror to have her in our house.”

Looking at Serah, then at Mott. Jack had to measure his words slowly and with thought.

“You my young lady ask a question that cannot truly be answered by anyone here. To boast of how one is the kindest is the same as trying to see who is the mightiest, or the bravest. If I were to be completely honest with you, and I will always try to be just that. I too would fall into the same trap that anyone put into the position that you have so delicately put us in. For you have so delicately set before us a trap made of words, and pride. It would soon fall into a contest between individuals to try and best each other with their “Kind deeds” and how much they “care” about others. Words my dear, it would all be merely words in the wind. To find the answer to your question, you would have to ask the people with whom you speak of. A house head may think of himself as to be kind and giving, but to those under him he may be a tyrant. The truly good man dose dot know he is the good man, for it comes naturally without thought or reason. So as much as I would like to tell you about how “Good” the house of Garma is, or how great my family has been. I could not and will not answer, for the true answer lies with the people of Garma.”

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

"The fact is she wasn't invited to this meeting in the first place. And to top it off she's not some little baby to coddle and lead waywardly. She's a woman and she looks like she can handle herself. You should sure as hell know what a woman is capable of."

"Shima. I'm calling in my favor. Please. Just don't push this any further." asked Kal

"Fine." she said, it wasn't an order it was a personal favor

"And yes. I've gotten pretty good at explaining it. Seven houses rule space, I'm the Heir to one of them, there're other noble families and a hierarchy followed by the people but as far as who's in charge it's a council of the seven heads of each house, they rule over their respective houses until major problems need to be addressed by all." he said quickly, before answering Serah, "As far as the planet goes. Dunno. I'm not in charge yet. Gonna have to tell them about what's happened down here or else there's no point in bringing people down here with us when we return home."

"And technically two of the houses are at war. I mean there's a ceasefire in place and I don't see it stopping especially when I'm still down here. Father has invested too much time in me as the Heir of House Ghiren to chide assistance from House Kycyllia or any of the other House's."

"We have our own problems in space. I know I can convince my Father to not intervene with Earth, but it's probably more a council decision overall."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

"The fact is she wasn't invited to this meeting in the first place. And to top it off she's not some little baby to coddle and lead waywardly. She's a woman and she looks like she can handle herself. You should sure as hell know what a woman is capable of."

"Shima. I'm calling in my favor. Please. Just don't push this any further." asked Kal

"Fine." she said, it wasn't an order it was a personal favor

"And yes. I've gotten pretty good at explaining it. Seven houses rule space, I'm the Heir to one of them, there're other noble families and a hierarchy followed by the people but as far as who's in charge it's a council of the seven heads of each house, they rule over their respective houses until major problems need to be addressed by all." he said quickly, before answering Serah, "As far as the planet goes. Dunno. I'm not in charge yet. Gonna have to tell them about what's happened down here or else there's no point in bringing people down here with us when we return home."

"And technically two of the houses are at war. I mean there's a ceasefire in place and I don't see it stopping especially when I'm still down here. Father has invested too much time in me as the Heir of House Ghiren to chide assistance from House Kycyllia or any of the other House's."

"We have our own problems in space. I know I can convince my Father to not intervene with Earth, but it's probably more a council decision overall."
    A small fire of rage light in Jacks eyes as he listened to shima smartly explain herself and taunted him. He started to take a step towards her, one hand starting to make a fist. But he stopped himself. Holding in his anger the best he could, some of it came out as he answered her.

"I'm well aware of what a women can do.....two of you have already attempted to end my life.....attempted, I'm still here."

Jack swallowed his anger, realizing at just how fast it came to him. He still had a slight tremor to him but he tried to calm himself down.

Gotta watch my temper, my God it comes over me fast. Not a good trait to have in a combat environment.

Looking over to Serah. He took a breath to calm his voice.

"You ask the questions that have no answer. We would do the best that we could with the situation that we would find our self in. Yet we could "What if" this for eternity and never give the answer that was correct. All we can do here and now is, give our word as the future leaders of our houses to do our best not to bring the discovery of the people of earth to the level of war or no war. I can not speak for Captain Kal or Lieutenant Xastur, but I can speak for the house of Garma. As the future Leader of the house Garma, I give you my word, and the word of my families honor, that I will do everything in my in my power not to let hostilities arise between our people."

- - - Updated - - -

Jack looked over to Xastur, Jacks face told Xastur everything he needed to know. It was time for Jack to step out, and Jack knew it. If he stayed in this environment much longer he might do something stupid, or worse. There was to much stimuli of the wrong kind for him at the moment. between Kal firing off a deep seated hatred, that he still could not fathom or justify, and Shima pushing his buttons. Jack had to take himself out of the situation, before he was pulled out. His temper needed to be harnessed, and this environment was not helping.

"Pardon, Sir but I think this would be a prudent time for me to step out, yes, I think....it would be best if I just stepped outside for a moment."

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/