Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony

Chapter One: "Wait....We're on Earth!?"

*it was a day later, the Grey Zabi ran fast thru the night, after everyone had gotten their morning meal Xastur made an announcement over the loudspeakers*

"Captain Kal Greybere and Warrant Officer Toby Gray report to the hanger as soon as you can." said Xastur from the hanger, he was wearing a standard Zeon pilot suit (though with the upgrades of an Anon special, they're standard issue), his was crimson red with some gold accents and a smaller version of his crown was fixed to his helmet, he had his pistol at his side and was holding his scimitar, resting it on his shoulder, Oh this should be good. Can't wait to see how the new suits work with these conditions, he then ordered the two suits to be fitted with a paint gun in the G-Bouncer's case while the lance rifle on the Schwalbe had it's rounds replaced with paint ones, other than that change the suits were left with whatever weapons they had on them

*Kal heard as he was getting dressed in his pilot suit, typical Zeon green, no fancy accents or anything like that*

Guess I can't really blame him. He's wanted to see what a Schwalbe can do since they announced it. He did speak with a House Bidan rep, maybe he ordered something from them similar to the Schwalbe. I must admit though, I am excited to see what will come of all this. thought Kal as he put his sidearm in its holster and headed for the hanger

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Grey was in the mess hall when the announcement came down. Thankfully he hadn't ate anything sans coffee, something he would be thankful for soon. He sighed as he headed for the locker room, throwing on a standard Zeonic normal suit and rushing to the hangar. He looked up at the Mobile Suit, gulping for the fourth time since he climbed into the Bouncer last night. Without another thought, he quietly threw his helmet on, locking in place to ensure a good seal as he rode the boom up to the hatch. A second later and the hatch opened, revealing the small cockpit once more. Without a shallow and nervous breath, he pulled himself into the cockpit.

It was much more cramped than it was last time. At first Toby thought it was because the suit was the cause of it, but that was dispelled as he felt himself become snug like before. He took a deep breath, pushing the switch on the left chin of the helmet causing his visor to close. This sealed his helmet, which made it even more claustrophobic as he buckled his harness together. Toby kept breathing heavily, quietly clicking on switches before the hatch sealed. A second later the screens flashed like before. Toby shook his head to snap out of whatever was going on with him, prompting him to go over all the stuff that he read last night.

"Alright, reactor is online, life support is on line, sensors online, manipulators online, reactor transfer system online..." he was saying out loud, not only to calm his mind but to run a system check of his suit.

Reactor Transfer System, he thought himself, apparently the last guy modified his suit so that his weapons have the option of getting more power from the reactor. In other words while they work like normal beam weapons, their output can double maybe even triple in power if they use this method.

Toby kept that and other things in mind, recalling the notes of the settings for the speed. They were read as the following: Static (no speed), Maneuver (slow), Normal, Fast, Really Fast, AT YOUR OWN RISK. The thought of the last one made him wonder just how exactly fast could this mobile suit go? He sighed as he kept through the system checks.

"...Vernier System online, Backups online, Weapons online. We are green across the board." he said, to himself and to Control, "This is Tobias Grey, G-Bouncer is ready for Launch on your Command." he said, gripping his controls as he faced the screens.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Jack was finishing up his meal when the announcement came across. Looking around he saw a few of the crew talking and pointing at a tablet. Walking over he caught a glimpse of the tablet.

"So what are the odds? I'm in."
    One of the crew looked at him, as if to judge if he was a serous gambler or a new mark. Seeing the look in his eyes he new that this man was a gambler not a mark. Then he saw the Lieutenant pips on his shoulders. Figuring he was one of the new MS pilots, so the Captain must trust him enough to have him on board, so then that means he should be good to go.

"20 to 1. The Captain has the experience, but a new suit. And the new guy we aren't sure about his experience, but we know that he just got that suit. Hell in fact a couple of guys said they saw him flippin' reading the manual! So that's not good. So his odds are pretty slim. Best bet is to bet on a proven winner, the Captain. The problem we are having is most everyone is feeling the same way. So the betting is rather slim as well."

"Well I happen to like the under dog. So put me down for 1000 zekes on the new guy."

The crewmen looked at him with a smile.
    Gentile men we have a wager! 1000 Zekes on the new guy for this new guy. Who Are you Sir? And you sure you can cover it?"

Jack smiled back at him
    "Ya I'm pretty sure I'm good for it. The names Lt. Garma and I will settle up with you guys after my guy wins. I'm gonna go see if I can get a better seat, say out side watching"

With that Jack headed off to the hanger.
    I hope this guy can fly, I just can't help it I have to go for the under dog. Char was thought to be nothing just another MS pilot. That is until the "BATTLE OF LOUM" after that he became the RED COMET so we all start as a no one, but we all have the potential to become something."
    Last edited by gundammonkey; April 6, 2017 at 4:16 PM.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://wordpress.com/post/gundammon...rdpress.com/26

Series of concentric interlinked esoteric simpsons refrences

"Is that something you need to attend?" the voice asked gruffly over the Phone, it was floating above Mott's head, he'd disabled the internal dampeners in his room and floated as he talked over a video chat with his father. He bore little resemblance to Mott, one couldn't tell over the video screen but he was 6'3" mostly muscle making that up, he had long grey hair though it was combed back to be tidy and a beard to match it. closely trimmed but still full.

Mott shook his head "No, Word around the ship is it's supposed to be some mock battle between the captain and another new Recruit here...a bit of a one sided fight apparently the one guy hasn't piloted much if at all. My bunkmate. Nice guy but I don't envy this."

His father laughed "I see. So what do you think of the Knights?"

Mott shrugged "Been here a day not much I've kept to my self most of it, more down to earth than I expected," he didn't really have much to say on it "initiation wasn't what I expected at all."

"Well either way it should be a good experience I know that this isn't what you wanted son but...well make the best of it, it's a good oprotunity going forward."

Mott nodded "I may not like it but I plan to excel at it as best as I can. Then hopefully transfer to somewhere less glamorous." he laughed shaking his head. "Somewhere I can go into and work from the ground up build it into something I guess is what I'm saying. God listen to me I sound like some teenager who doesn't know his place in the world or some shit." he said his father could only laugh at that, but as the laugh went on it was almost melancholy sounding, well as melancholy as a laugh could be.

"You were always fixated on growing upto fast. If you want my advice...take your time, enjoy it if you can. May not be your plan, but plan around it...your life's yours, don't let anyone dictate otherwise...just enjoy it when you can though son...I guess is what I'm trying to say, I'm not really good at this." their relationship wasn't strained in a classic sense, but it wasn't open either, they had tried to grow closer in the years since his mother died, but it was hard on them both they were both busy all of the time, Mott none the less still respected and loved his father, the feeling was mutual he knew, it wasn't perfect but he did enjoy what company and time they did have over the years before and after his mom's passing.

"I'll try. I know it's all Very cat's in the cradle, but cheer up a bit." he replied with a slight grin. "So are you being deployed to the same area we are? Rumor around the ship is something about pirates."

"No different Sector. Anyways I should go, and don't try, just do. That's an Order Seaman First Class Chapman." It was the first time his father had ever referred to him by rank, it invoked a small sense of pride in him, one that felt larger than himself, like being refereed to as an equal, or as close to an equal as one could be by someone's hero or mentor.

Mott Saluted, it wasn't formal it was a rather weak salute and he smiled during it. "Yes sir!" he said overzealously, his father laughed, he liked seeing his son cut loose and goof around again he hadn't done it enough since his time at the academy or rather since his Mother died, then again they'd only seen one another in person three or four times over the years. "stay safe out there dad. And forgive the insubordination, but that's an order."

"Roger that." Marc smiled as the line was cut. This was unavoidable wasn't it? he thought as he sat in the quarters of his own ship, miles upon miles away from the Gray Zabi. Beyond even my control...I guess we knew that...didn't we Elise? he thought of his wife.

Meanwhile Mott just floated in his room waiting.

"You're late Captain. Kid's already in his suit." said Xastur as he leaned up against Kal's Schwalbe Graze

"Yeah, yeah. You thinking he's got a hidden talent or something?"

"I think that despite the way favors were called in by his brother to get Gray a spot here that there is some talent in the kid. I just think it's so far buried in his subconscious that even he's not aware of it."

"So don't hold back?" asked Kal

"Never hold back." retorted Xastur, "Once you've got a nice feel for your new suit start toying with him. Try and get him angry."

"Alright. I can do that." said Kal, "Oh. By the way, I read their files. Not as boring a read as you might think."

"Doubts swell insides me."

"No, trust me. I think we're gonna be able to launch our full compliment of suits if everything falls into place the right way."

"....Just get in the Schwalbe....." groaned Xastur

*Kal got in his suit, he had already read and memorized the manual so start up was easy. With the G-Bouncer and Schwalbe Graze ready to go Xastur waved for them to be launched. The roof above them opened up into a squared sized hold the size of their MS stall, an elevator brought the G-Bouncer up quickly but not fast enough to throw him off the stall, Kal had already exited opting to use his suits jump thrusters. By the time Gray was standing on top of the Grey Zabi, Kal was doing twisting turns in the open space*

"Okay.....Kal, you ready? Gray, you ready?" he asked thru the comm system, the ship board cameras were picking up both suits at weird angles, but everyone could see both suits depending on the monitor they were watching from

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Gray felt the sensation of of his suit rising through the airlock, then the creaking sound of the vacuum around him. Through his views creens he could see his Bouncer being raised to the hull then a Ka-Chunk-ing sound was heard;the latter telling him that the locks had been released and he was free to move. With a deep breath he gripped the controls, switching the speed of his verniers to maneuver as he felt them fire. He watched as he felt the suit take off from the hull, arming the paint gun as looked up to see Captain Graybare's new suit. He felt a gulp in his stomach as he heard Lieutenant Aznable's question over the comm.

"Um...Yes Sir! I'm ready!" he said as he felt the tension in his stomach building, preparing to fire up on the thrusters to fast if he had to. He took in short breaths, gripping his controls as he saw the indications on his stat screens the vernier thrusters opening up. To anyone watching him he was clearly nervous as hell. He had done many simulations...half of them with a home made cockpit at home...but like this...this was different...this was new. This was something that brought him excitement...and dread at the same time.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

"Hey, is mine set?" asked Xastur to the head tech

"Yeah, mega beam cannon's been taken off for that camera gun."

"Good, record the battle from all angles."

"Yes sir."

"Lock down the rest of the suits, except two Grazes. Have Barnes and Rodgers on standby just in case."

*soon Xastur was in the Tallgeese III and his stall rose up, he flew out a bit and had the camera gun aimed at both suits*

"We've got a good feed." came over Xastur's comm

"Good." as he switched to open comms, "Alright. First things first. Fly around, get a feel for your suits. I'll be watching and having the live feed sent back to the ship. May need to go over this later so better to have footage than go off memory."

"That's what I've been doing." said Kal as he did a speed burst towards Xastur then stopped a few meters away, "Controls require real finesse here. Reacts quickly to even the most minor movements from the sticks. Acceleration is good."

"You're in my shot, I can't see Gray do anything."

"Pretty ballsy coming out without your main rifle."

"I put two Graze's on standby, we'll be fine. Now go fly around and try not to crash."

"Fine. Lets go Gray, figure anything out yet? Might as well race until MS Commander here says to go for mock battle." he said mocking Xastur

"Oi."

"What?"

"...Nah, I got nothin'." he replied, he walked into that mockery, "You heard him Gray, quit just standing there and take off. Fly around then race Kal. Is the feed still good?"

"Oh yeah sir, it's good."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

I suppose I should go catch this thing. Mott thought, it made sense he should at least watch it to see partially what he was dealing with here, they'd be watching his back after all and he there's. He made it to the Hangar, whistling to himself as he entered, he saw some of the monitor's playing the feed from outside. Fast I'll give him that. he thought to himself as he watched it, he noticed the familiar sight of Paint guns, common to his mock battles he was made to participate in both as a pilot as a tactical forecaster in training at the academy, as well as a test pilot for the AGE-2 Ex.

He heard some mechanics taking bets down there apparently there was some ship-wide pool going. Fools bet, the captain is guaranteed, and the money will be so divided because of his proponents, that they'll get very little in the way of anything...though on the off hand if Grey pulls this off well... he shook his head and smiled it was a way to pass time he guessed.

Grey took another deep breath, pushing up on the throttle as he felt his suit jerk forward.

"Woah!" he said with a hint of caution and enthusiasm, "Alright, so that is what normal feels like? Ok that's good." he said with a bit of boosted confidence, getting the hang of it as he kept an eye on the speedometer, "alright...now lets try fast. Control keep an eye on the speed for records." he informed, switching from "Normal" to "Fast", feeling the jerk again this time a wee bit of push from the g's. The suit leaped forward, going from the "normal" speed to "fast". Gray began to feel the kick, flying forward as the adrenaline began pumping. A smile curved around his face as he held on and kept control. Without warning he let out a "WHOO-HOO!" as he started picking up speed from there, topping at "Fast"'s maximum and staying there.

Toby nodded as he finally spoke, the enthusiastic smile forming around his face, "Alright, time to turn her around. We'll start with a soft bank and then well work the vernier thrusters afterward, what do you say boys?" he asked. He didn't give them time to respond, for as soon as he asked, he pushed on the pedals, managing a gentle curve to the right and heading back towards the Gray Zabi. He couldn't help but let out a laugh, "Oh My God!" he called out, "This is WAY more fun than any simulations I could EVER build! No one could ever go back to those after this!" he said as he pulled back on the throttle, feeling the thrusters gently slow down. He smirked as he decided to give combat maneuvers a try instead of flights. While keeping his weapons systems in "inactive mode"...there would be time to activate them...he pushed the pedal down while pulling one lever back. Without warning the suit shot upward, the real work beginning as he felt the first signs of heavy gs. He let out a groan as he pushed one lever forward and pulled the throttle back. This caused the Bouncer to stop and push to forward, causing the upward G's to stop and the forward g's to begin once more. He did the process this time in reverse. However he felt the push like someone was hitting him in the chest causing him to grunt a bit. He had endured G Training before but this was something totally different...and it was completely exciting for him. He laughed again, feeling the suit fire backwards as he used the rear camera to navigate. With a quick move of the lever he stopped, letting his harness hold him in place as the suit halted from the fast reversal. He hit a combination on the levers and pedals, feeling this suit jerking side to side, left to right, up and down as he maneuvered the suit to the whole 360+ degrees of space. He couldn't help but hoot and hollar like some idiot as he enjoyed the thrill of this.

"Simulations be damned!" he exclaimed, "It ain't got shit on the real thing!" he let out with a laugh as he finally started to get the hang of the suit. He clicked on his scanner, looking down at the Gray Zabi and his opponents Graze Schwabe. He nodded as he moved to it, the strain still getting to him though he was starting to get used to it. As soon as he was the Graze's level he stopped, standing out at about 900 meters, "So Sir? Ready for the exercises?" he asked, betraying a hint of confidence in himself along with a grin across his face, "Cause I'm itching to see what this puppy can do!"

Sword Freak

"Calm down." said Xastur, "Commence mock battle at your discretion."

Jeeze this is gonna be so easy... thought Kal as he hit his thrusters and headed straight for the G-Bounce with his lance raised

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Toby's eyes widened as he watched the Schwabe engaged. Time seemed to slow to a crawl for him as his adrenaline kicked in. His mind began to jump across neuron after neuron while he began to think of what to do.

"enemy weighs around thirty three tons speed is approximately 233 meters per second armor unknown weapon is a lance type used for close combat specifications judging by the configuration and the way its mounted on the suit it can only be used in such and such a way recommendations that the bouncer go like THIS!"

As that spouted across the comm, the Bouncer jerked to the right, dodging the Graze as the paint gun came online. Toby didn't even pay attention to the targeting reticle, firing off four shots as he began to pick up speed to get some distance between him and the Graze. Another ounce of banter exploded across the channels.

"enemy unit is primarily a close combat unit by the loadout of the pilots weaponry it would also be suggested that it can also have mid-range combat capabilities recommendation is that I avoid close combat as best as I can while engaging the unit with ranged hardware only." spouted Toby, the adrenaline rushing through his body as he started to pick up the pace.

Sword Freak

*Kal easily dodged the wild shots, he blitzed by again and fired off a barrage of paint rounds, he then fired the Wire Claw at a leg and pulled the G-Bouncer around as Kal hit the top speed the Schwalbe could go before stopping and letting the G-Bouncer get tangled up in the wire*

"I do believe this one is mine." came over the comms as Kal managed to get behind the G-Bouncer and had the pick end of his left axe placed up against the bottom of the cockpit

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Grey's eyes widened, turning to see Kal come up behind him with the pick end of the axe. He nodded as he growled...I guess...I'm not that good he said as he felt the adrenaline kick in...

The Bouncer swung without warning, kicking the Graze in the side as the Bouncer yanked the wire loose. As soon as it was out of the wire claw's grip it fired upward, with Toby feeling the kick of the G's coming in hard.

"enemy unit now also wields what I assumed originally to be just a combat knife, instead its a wire mounted claw. Therefore it does have longer reach than anticipated, recommendation is that I further my distance and keep it between me and him nominal." he said as he clicked a button. Without warning to him the suit began to pick up, the sudden gs caused him to gasp as he the speed increased dramatically. Toby managed to pull the suit back, looking down to see the Graze picking up. He snarled as he charged forward, rotating a bit while taking careful aim at the units cockpit. He let out a strained breath as he fired off a few controlled shots, jerking to the right as he groaned in pain as the strain became great.

Sword Freak

*Kal fired the Wire Claw, using it to take the paint shots, as that happened he dodged right and sped forward slamming the side of the lance into the G-Bouncer's chest, as the Wire Claw was retracting Kal let loose a paint barrage, leaving dozens of small blue dots all over the cockpit, chest, head, and cameras*

"Wanna play it rough? I can do that too." said Kal in a serious tone

*the camera gun went swinging on the right shoulder mount as Xastur blitzed in between the two suits, beam saber drawn*

"This is started to go outside the realm of mock battle and into the realm of actual battle. Gray, get your head together. Had that been actual combat the pick end wouldn't have stopped, it would've went straight into the cockpit. Kal had you. And you! You should know better than to let your emotions guide your actions. Like, of all people." said Xastur, rather calmly but with a little bass in his voice

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Mott watched it unfold on the screens. "I think we need team building exercises," he said to himself not knowing if Mechanic's or anyone else could hear him, "maybe the whole fall back and they catch you thing or something." he chortled at the thought.

"Maybe I should bring that up to the Lieutennant or the captain?" Healey laughed behind Mott scaring the shit out of him as he turned around.

He looked at her and narrowed his eyes "They wouldn't really do something like that would they."

"Would they?" she figured they wouldn't but she had to mess with him every now and then.