Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    "My My" spoke a voice* behind Aznable, "I never knew that you and Ser Kal were baby sitters? Such a green group of soldiers under your commands" as the voice' owner materialized, revealing Lieutenant Talhoffer, commander of the Star Corps.

"Looks like Ms. Kara gone and got herself thrown off of your little club." he said as he noted the removal of her mobile suit, "Shame, she had a promising career. She would have made a excellent agent of my Star Corps." he said as he rested a hand on a hip, staring at the recruits, some still had blood on them, "Interesting. I've never used that trick on my recruits. I may have to try that sometime" he said, a small sly grin forming across his face.
    "Why would an heir to one of the great Houses join the Star Corps.? Your group is a second rate version of the Zeonic Knights, I mean you couldn't join us so Kal's father had to form your own personal group. Give it eight months, Kara will be back better than ever. Official reason on record is long term personal leave, not relief of duty. Even when not on board Kara's still a Zeonic Knight." retorted Xastur, had Zurich been accepted he would have been among the first class of Zeonic Knights, Kal had already walked up and into the Grey Zabi, "Funny isn't it? You lost your spot because of that false nobility but today we just inducted two people of common birth. Guess your pity family shouldn't have hid the truth, you might've ended in a place of importance. Of course none of that matters, as heir to the House Aznable, I could easily ask Lord Alexander for a special pass for you......Hahaha, like that would happen."

*Xastur backed up and had bit more of a laugh before he stared at Zurich in the eye, he waved Toby to go on ahead of him to the hanger*

"Now get the hell out of my sight before that precious Star Corps. you pride yourself over becomes a cleanup crew. You've forgotten your place when your in my presence. Coming up to me as if we were equals....For shame." he didn't just say, but commanded and before a retort could be uttered Xastur walked up and into the Grey Zabi himself, "God what a dick.....It'll be too soon whenever he pops up again."

*Kal was in his office, he had a sealed file, he took out a letter opener. Really, a small solid gold shuriken with one blade sharp while the other three were dull and he slit right thru the red tape over the file*

"Hmm....If this pirate meeting is taking place this close to Zeon's Crown Jewel then we have no choice but to go and stop them. We usually don't get that close.....These pirates are really pushing it. I need Xastur to keep subtly sending funds around, if they keep this up they'll have stolen the parts needed to fix the Libra's cannon....In which case the reconstructed Solar Cannon will become quite handy. If my father doesn't ask about it then as far as I'm concerned he doesn't know. He doesn't enjoy secrets like this one." he said to himself as he was writing down a detailed strategy, "Xastur will follow....half of this, at best. I do really need to have a talk with him about that, he's allowing our personal friendship to dictate rank....Well, I guess that only started when Kara and I started being together so it's partially my fault as well. Oh, why am I even concerned? All I need do is ask him to tone it down and he will."

*in the hanger*

"Alright newbies, line up!" he yelled out, he took his crown off and rubbed his forehead as if he had just gotten done dealing with a stressful yet little insect, "Sound off! Name, rank, and mobile suit. And like I said earlier, story time! Fill me in on your own suit, Mott I want piloting details from you on that subject, technical information I want explained by Healey. Toby, give that manual a quick glance over so you can give a proper explanation. Jack, you're up first soldier. Tell me a tale."

*he ran his hand thru his hair and placed the crown back on his face, he took his scimitar, sheathed, off his belt and sat down with it in his lap on some crate, keeping his left hand near the hilt to push the blade up if something said offended him*

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Talhoffer stood there for a moment and smirked, listening to Aznable's remark as the latter headed to his ship, "At least I am not descendant to a near-traitor...and a supposed bastard child" The last part he said under his breath, turning to see young Grey following behind Aznable, that one is afraid...good. As soon as his back was to Aznable, his smirk turned into a scowl as he balled his fist, That fool has always been an arrogant bastard. He and his whole house have milked off the backs of the Ancient Zabi Dynasties for the last 8 centuries. But eventually his hubris will get the better of him...it will get the better of all of them and eventually men like me will step in to fill their void once they're gone...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grey followed up and fell in line with the rest of the recruits, clutching his papers like they would disappear if he even loosened his grasp. He looked up, watching his brand new mobile suit being loaded onto the Gray Zabi. He couldn't help but let the sourpuss before melt away as his face beamed. Granted he had to jump a bit of hoops and above all had to put up with his brother's jackassery...but he got what he wanted. Granted he had another hard journey ahead of him, but this would probably be a short stint before he could find a quiet post to live out the remainder of his career.

"For once I'm in a decent mood" He said quietly, unable to help but feel his chest swell with pride as he quietly undid his petty officer marks and replaced them with the rank of Warrant Officer. As soon as everything was in place, he fell in line with the others, keeping his gazetted papers in under his left arm as he kept them straight and standing at attention.
    Last edited by Kenico; April 5, 2017 at 4:16 AM.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Jack straitened up and pulled his jacket back into place, and placing his mask on the ground next to him. He stepped forward, coming to full attention and clapping his heals together, just as regulations dictate when addressing a Flag Officer.

*all be it that Xastur is technically not a Flag Officer but he is still the XO, so he holds the office of a Flag Officer. Also in Jacks twisted mind Xastur is held above all others. He is a direct descendent of Char, and that trumps all others.

This is a great moment to be alive and to be here now talking with him. That man has the blood of Char running in his veins. What an honor this is. A direct descendant to Char.

“I am Lt. Jacobson L Garma. From the House of Garma, my suit is technically a DANAZING type I have changed her a bit to better suit my needs, and to my own liking.
    I have added two medium to long range Beam canons that also work as a close combat weapon as well, better shown than described. She is a good Dragon, fast agile and swift of foot. Good in either atmosphere or space she is a very versatile Dragon. She is the Flames left in the wake of the Red comet.”

Feeling his breath quicken and noticing a slight tremor in his voice Jack had to stop for a moment to collect himself before continuing on.

Get a grip man, this is the closest you will ever get to the real Char. Don’t ruin your chance here. Breath and relax, the remnants of Char that run in his blood will feel your loyalty and help, but the rest is up to me.

“I have trained extensively with her and made a few upgrades to her controls so that she and I work as one. She is an extension of me, and I of her. We will perform and execute our orders with the honor and dignity befitting our station. Sir.”
    Last edited by gundammonkey; April 5, 2017 at 4:01 PM.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://wordpress.com/post/gundammon...rdpress.com/26

"....Okay. Mott, Healey, you're up." he said just sitting there

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Series of concentric interlinked esoteric simpsons refrences

"There isn't much to tell, it's primary form is transformable and tuned for High speed combat, both in and out of G-Strider mode, which is three times faster than the MS mode, it's primary beam rifle is also tuned mostly towards sinking ship sized targets at the moment, the other two completed wears are Sielg, a defensive mode made for holding off multiple enemies close to mid range, the other, the Amatereas, is focused on long range sniper warfare, using high speed to preposition neither of those forms transform. It's only the third MS I piloted, but I'm also the first one not to crash it, I guess it counts from something jumping from the Gyan Cannon and Zaku Hi-mo I trained with at the academy." he said, it was also basic training mostly but he didn't want to humble brag.

"To add to the science behind it, it's designed around a light weight frame and high speed tech, that is mostly based off of old experimental technologies that were deemed dangerous, or weren't quite there yet, mainly the propulsion systems, the frame it's self is made from the latest Memory Shape alloys, as well as most of the armor with select parts of it being made of Luna Titanium. The computer system, which is my main field of focus is tuned for the slowest possible delay between command input and reaction, as well as it being made from combat data of various aces over time, though most of that data I had to delete to honestly perfect it and allow the machine to use it's full potential...make it a blank slate of sorts. I won't bore you with the tech, but in short it's somewhat of a learning computer though it's a misnomer, the only thing it really learns is how to predict it's primary pilots reaction times and then apply that data into calibrating it's own reactions. It runs a slightly different OS in each configuration as well."

"I see......Never piloted anything other than a Zaku Hi-Mo at the academy, good suit for its age." he replied, Hmm, gonna have to try and curb the Char fanatic down the line. Little too excited for my tastes. Mott though....High speed suit, he should keep up with me. Hmm, with Kal in a Schwalbe Graze, Mott in the AGE-2's G-Strider mode, and my Tallgeese III we'll be able to do blitz run attack patterns. Gotta talk to Kal about it first. he thought before saying, "Last up. Grey! You paying attention. Everyone should be paying attention during story time. Now then. Name! Rank! MS story! Goooo!"

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Toby almost drifted into a daydream when Xastur called out his name, prompting him to sound off all that he could.

"Grey! Tobais! Petty Of-I mean Warrant Officer SIR!" he said slapping his heels together, "I have yet to know the story of this Mobile Suit Sir! All that I know is that it's called the G Bouncer Sir and that its equipment is simple and straightforward sir!" He began to sweat and blush a bit, due to the words coming out of his gullet. He was right though, all he really did know about his suit was its name and the loadout mounted on the suit when it was transferred over to the Gray Zabi.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

*Xastur just shook his head*

"Well. That makes you ship defense then until you know your suit better." said Xastur before standing up, "I am Xastur Aznable, Lieutenant and second-in-command of this ship, the Grey Zabi, in combat I'll be squad leader. You call me either Lieutenant or Xastur, save the noble kiss assing for when there're others on board. I swear to Char I'll backhand whoever starts with "Lord" if there isn't a V.I.P. on board. I pilot the Tallgeese III, it's fast and hard hitting. Used to be the fastest suit on board, but between the Schwalbe, AGE-2, and the G-Bouncer things should be interesting on boring days. Interesting fact since Grey isn't aware, the G-Bouncer is based off the AGE-1 standard with an addition to its speed factor based off data from an AGE-2. It's like a Tallgeese Lite. The Schwalbe can probably edge it out, first boring day we get Kal and Grey are gonna head out for some mock combat. Kal needs to get a feel for his new suit as well."

*the loudspeaker squealed before someone spoke*

"Preparing for departure in 20. Lieutenant Aznable, report to the Captain's ready room. That is all."

"Damn.....Well, you heard 'em. Oi! You!" he yelled out, pointing at one of the well dressed crew members, "Show 'em to their rooms. Grey and Mott, you'll be rooming together. Your stuff should be in boxes on your beds, Healey....We actually don't have a roommate for you, so until we're assigned another female you'll be bunking alone. Lucky you. Jack, as heir to House Garma you'll be in a private room. Formerly the room Kara Armer resided in, mind the smell. Girl loved the smell of peaches, dunno if the crew were able to get that peachy smell completely out. I'll be with the Captain."

*Xastur saluted them and just walked off before they could salute back, he got to the ready room and buzzed the door*

"Enter!" said Kal in his captain's voice, Xastur entered and shut the door, "Oh, Xastur...Sorry about that."

"You're the Captain, don't worry about it." he said sitting down, "What first?"

"Well, fill me in on the newbies and their suits. I'll let you know what the mission is, but first. Vodka." he said pouring two glasses

"You know I'm not a big fan of drinking."

"I know, but drinking alone is depressing." he said, handing the glass over, "Cheers."

"Aye, cheers." he said as both raised their glasses

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Grey sighed, that could have gone worse. However he felt a pang of nervousness when he heard he and the Captain would be doing mock combat to test out their units. His eyes widened and he just sighed, knowing that it was unavoidable. Apparently on this ship, everything goes. He looked over at Mott, nodding as he walked up to him, "I guess we're room mates on this voyage" he said, trying to make conversation with him. He thought to himself that as soon as he grabbed a shower and a snack, the first thing he would do is head to the Bouncer and study up on his new suit.

Sword Freak

"Seems so." he said reaching out to Shake Grey's hand. "Mott Chapman." he said.

"Don't worry he's probably the worlds quietest roommate." Healey said. "Half the time he isn't working, he's just sitting there it seems. Needs more hobbies." she scolded Mott.

Mott just rolled his eyes. "If anyone ever offers to have a doctor follow you around as part of your job don't do it." Mott joked to Grey.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Jack picked up his mask and just stared at it for a long moment. Looking at the others as they started to gather together. To many thoughts were going threw his head at this moment. He just tried to hold his head up and looked at his suit.

"Why didn't I tell him your real name? I know what you are thinking, but still I should have said more. I don't think that was the best foot forward. Thank you but I don't think that Char would have been very proud of me at this moment. He did have times like this didn't he? You really think so? I don't know,... I don't think.....it's nothing I will tell you latter.

A crewman came up to him to show his to his room.

"Thank you friend, but I will find it a little latter on my own. I have something I want to do first."

Jack started to slowly walk towards his suit.
    Last edited by gundammonkey; April 5, 2017 at 9:18 PM.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://wordpress.com/post/gundammon...rdpress.com/26

"I'll keep that in mind" chuckled Gray, "Toby Gray" he said as he shook Mott's hand back, nodding as the Bouncer caught the corner of his eye, "Uuum, you go on ahead and settle into your bunk. If you don't mind I'm going to work ahead and acquaintance myself with the Bouncer if that is alright?" he said as he turned his gaze at Mott.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sigma pulled out of port, with Wilson sitting in his chair with a calm demeanor, chuckling as he downed his thermos of coffee. He turned to see his First Officer step forward, handing him a board with his orders and with a sight looked at them. He read them carefully, nodding before handing the board back to the First Officer.

"Set Course for Sector 4 in Dozel Territory! Normal Speed 1! We're Ahead of schedule so take it nice and easy Helmsman!"

"Aye Captain!" replied the helmsman, taking the Sigma out of port first. It was then followed by the Girhen's Fist. A Gwazine Class Frigate, the ship was modified to carry several mobile suits and was the main assault vessel for the Star Corps. As the ships parted ways and headed off to their destinations, both commanders...Grey and Talhoffer...stared at the Gray Zabi.

Wilson couldn't help but sigh as he thought of his brother.

Take Care Toby...be safe, he thought to himself, turning to watch his ship head into the black.

Talhoffer smirked as he stared at the Gray Zabi. Have fun Aznable...Graybere...I hope your little upcoming adventure is fruitful. His smirk became more ominous as he ordered the Fist onto patrol...

Sword Freak

"Alright. Fill me in." said Kal, he set his glass down

"Right. We still have our five Graze's and my Tallgeese III, what we added was a Schwalbe Graze finally."

"Quiet you." he replied in jest on that subject

"Fine, fine." grinned Xastur as he took off his crown, "Lets see, Gray ended up picking out a G-Bouncer. Pretty much a Tallgeese Lite. Since he hasn't piloted it, I figure on a boring day you and he can go at it in mock combat."

"Hmm. Not a bad idea, the Schwalbe is a fast suit. I'll definitely need practice if I'm going to sortie into real combat."

"Yeah, same with Gray. Mott, he's been piloting his suit for some time, prototype AGE-2 with a wear system. Got it's standard wear system, lets it transform into a high speed fighter. Fast suit. Then two others, one's a defense type and the other's a shooting type."

"Ooh. I like the options available to us."

"Figured you'd like that. Last up is a Danazine."

"The dragon looking suit with the dick cannon?" he asked

"Haha, yeah...." laughed Xastur, he wasn't really wrong in that description, "Has two added back mounted cannons that also function as short range lance like weapons. Jack's been with it a while, upgraded controls on it so he's the only one we got who's really knows his suit. The other two have the academies MS training, but for the most part Gray hasn't piloted before and Mott's just been working the AGE-2 as a test pilot so can't exactly gauge 'em."

"Fair enough. We have a mission, more pirates." stated Kal, "Three or four ships are scheduled to meet up in a few days. Normally we wouldn't be intervening but they're doing it rather close to Zeon's Crown Jewel for the council's liking."

"Well we can't have that. We haven't let anyone near our jewels ever."

*Kal picked up his drink and dipped it in praise of Xastur's joke before he took a sip*

"They've got like 14 mobile suits between all the ships. By the way, I know things have been....lax the last few months. But I'm going to need you to follow my plans to the letter again."

"Will those plans include you, the Captain of this ship, in actual combat?"

"A couple do."

"Then you'll have to deal with it, as MS commander when you fly out that makes me in charge. If you stay on the bridge like you're supposed to then it won't be a problem."

"But I can't see the plan unfolding from the bridge as well as I can if I'm there."

"Stop being a control freak, you know as well as I do that plans for actual combat can go flying out the airlock as fast as they're made. It's not like we keep our comms off, the bridge will hear the MS teams."

"I know, I know, I know. I know all of that, but as Captain I shouldn't be taking orders from you, a Lieutenant."

"That's as far as the ship goes. In the field, between the two of us I have more actual experience. True or false?"

"That's true."

"You prefer the planning stages more than the combat, true or false?"

"...Also true. Just get to the point."

"Stay on the bridge, let the MS team handle the enemy MS team. You handle the ships. The only real reason you went out before was because that combo of the three suits was so great. We knew each other, some better than others, but we trusted each other. We don't know how this new team will do out there, if things go to hell then I'd rather have you on the bridge keeping calm and devising a plan as it happens."

"Hmm." he sat back in his chair and thought about it, "I'll take that into consideration should a plan require our full complement of mobile suits."

*Kal leaned forward and hit his desk comm to the bridge*

"Depart at any time. Coordinates sent. We will require a small detour for a mock battle, so lets set a quick pace on this first day."

"Roger that Captain." came back

"Are we good now?"

"I believe so. We've discussed the new pilots and the pirates, I'll come up with a plan after I fight in that mock battle. It will help determined our course of action." he said as he finished his drink, "You can leave whenever. I'm just going to read their files."

"Sounds boring."

"This is one of the parts I find fun."

"See? Bridge commanding is totally your thing."

"Shut up and get out." replied Kal with amusement in his voice

"Alright, jeeze." said Xastur as he put his crown back on and left the room, heading for his quarters to take his regalia off

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

"Best of luck," Mott said to Grey as Grey left.

Mott was then shown his room then Healey was shown her's, she came back to find him in relatively the same place he was left. "Roomy," he said looking it over, it wasn't bad but it was relatively sparse then again he's had a whole Villa to him self for a few years whenever he was home from the academy and full time during his test pilot tenure. He sighed as he got the duffel marked as his and lifted it up. "Could use a Desk...mahogany." he said.

"Really, what's with the Ebony one in your office back home then."

"Not mine that's my father's...replica of the one Garma Zabi used on Munzo all those years ago, no, I remember seeing one somewhere once...book probably, mahogany with with a carving of the death Julius Ceaser on the front. Weird...doesn't matter." he said he then took out a holster and put it around his waste, and put a Gun in it, a Colt Single Action army.

Healey cocked an eyebrow "Never known you to wear a side arm."

"I was never a soldier...seemed right my father had all the way from his time entering to now." He replied pushing his hair out of his eyes he sighed, the sigh also seemed nostalgic. "Single action army...antiquated but...maybe that's why it's grew on me, I'm also allot better with it. "

Healey laughed "Well, I've made sure the suit was ready just incase, is there anything you want me to do with it, not my field but I'm the best qualified to oversee anything done to it." she wasn't a mechanic really, mainly an engineer, doctor, and software developer if they had to put it in words, but she grew up watching her father and grandfather both do it.

"More thrust, Aznable said wanted things interesting, well," He smiled "Make it a little interesting. You know I like the speed anyways."

"Suicidally so at times."

Mott laughed "Fine I'll stay safe."

"This isn't a game anymore Mott this is combat, I mean...I know you'll adapt well but given what happened...I worry about you...is all you're my patient after all."

Mott rolled his eyes "I know Doc...I know you don't think it bugs me." he said doc mostly to get under her skin whenever she got overly concerned, the whole time they've known each other she's done it, it was obvious she worried about him it was mutual at this point but it was still wearing "Something about it...felt odd, familiar like...familiar in a way that it...well it shouldn't of been like it's happened before...just don't worry about it."

She sighed That doesn't sound...good. the thought ran though Healey's mind melancholy. "Just don't mention that around the others."

"Yeah no shit." was Mott's reply. "It's nothing a coping mechanism most likely, I guess I should count it as a blessing...those who can't handle the battlefield aren't likely to last long in it. It was obvious that was Aznable's goal with that, I just didn't want a civilian to see it."

"I know what it's like, I originally was going to be a battlefield medic, I've seen similar in hospitals during my med school years while at military hospitals. Yeah in person, different but...oh well, I'll make do. I'll go make sure you're suit is ready."

"Thank you." he smiled "We'll get though this assignment, think of the promotions and easy living afterwards." he said.

"Promotions and easy living don't always go together look at this." she said leaving.

Fair enough. he thought before sitting on his bed with a sigh, bored and waiting.

Grey nodded and turned towards the Bouncer. As if it were a dream he climbed up to the hatch. With a quiet hiss it opened, revealing the quiet solemn chamber that was the cockpit. It was small and cramped, but rather snug for someone Grey's size. It was a tad snugger than he remember seeing it on the Sigma. He nodded as he moved his way into the seat, noticing the manual on it. He grabbed what looked like a laminated notebook, sitting down in the seat not even bothered that the harness poked into his back and rear. He pushed the sealing button and the next thing he new the hatch closed in front of him. In the darkness he felt the main console and forward view screen lock in place as he waited the needed three seconds. After saying "three" in his head, the main screen along with the side screens flashed, revealing the hangar of the Gray Zabi before him.

Toby took in his new surroundings, observing every dial, button, switch, and touch screen come online while he held the manual in his arms. He gave a relaxed sigh as he took in the almost robotic air of the G-Bouncer's life support systems kicking in, feeling the smell of both the seat and consoles, but of that new cockpit smell. Something he found odd seeing that they were offloading this suit. He shook his head as he finally let the moment come and go, pulling the manual from his chest. He couldn't help but smile as he noticed his hands shaking when he attempted to open the manual. That is when he noticed it...small smidgens of blood along the crease. He felt a puzzled sensation flow across his core as he pulled the cover open, revealing the contents of its pages. The first one being the overall schematics of the Bouncer, with everything labeling what was what down to the smallest motor, piston, and gyro. His eyes widened as he saw the previous owner's notes, showing a hand drawn line that ran from the suits reactor to the palms of its hands. From there it had a line drawn out and connected to the underlined word "Power Conveyor System" with the words "Page 54" written above it. He studied the schematic for a bit longer as he flipped to the next page, this one outlining the entire cockpit layout of what did what. Like the previous page, it had the previous pilots notes all over it, including one that had the buttons located on the right side of the cockpit circled. They, labeled "PC Control", also had another note beneath that suggested to "Consult notes on back of manual". Finally in the layout there were buttons behind the left control lever that were labeled "Speed control", which was circled and had the same suggestion as PC control. However, the major difference was underneath that was written boldly and underlined twice was the message: CONSULT BEFORE FLIGHT. Toby couldn't help but gulp a bit as he began to comb every detail of both the official manual, and the notes the former pilot of this suit left behind...

Sword Freak