Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Question Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Strike

With the end of Iron Blood Orphans we finally saw Barbatos' full power, but how well would it do against the different versions of the Strike Gundam?

tumblr_inline_ogi4w7lIih1uxj7yg_540.jpgVS aile_strike_gundam_watercolor_by_trunnec-d9fyvul resize2.jpg

Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Strike
    ​Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Aile Strike
    ​Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Strike IWSP
    ​Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Strike Ootori
    ​Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Perfect Strike

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In order to fix cross-universe fights I'll set these rules:
    -Beam sabers deflect standard beam rifles
    -Beam sabers deflect other beam sabers
    -Weapons by default operate by Universal Century rules unless specified in the anime (I-fields block Seed-Universe beams) but (Gn swords pierce (UC/Seed) beam shields since they are specified to pierce Gn shields)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are familiar with these units feel free to skip the armaments section (below), only modification given was the use of the 300mm cannon to Lupus Rex.

ASW-G-08 Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex

Weapons: Ultra Large Mace + (2x) Pile bunker, Tail blade, Claws, (2x) 200mm gun, (2x) Pile bunker in the heel
    (since this suit does have sub arms in the elbows I will allow it to use the 300mm cannon from normal Barbatos without interferring with its use of the mace)

Power: (2x) Ahab reactors = from what I can tell dont have a time limit or power limit

Defense: Nano-Luminate Armor (Very Good defense against beam and physical ranged weapons)
    -the armor is only on the surface and burning away the layer is highly effective

GAT-X105 Strike Gundam (Aile/IWSP/Ootori/Perfect)

Weapons: (2x) 75mm CIWS, (2x) Combat Knife, 57mm Beam rifle, Bazooka

Power: Ultracompact Energy Battery = about 76 hits from a 400mm missile tube

Defense: Phase Shift Armor (superior to Nano-Luminate armor in terms of physical defense but zero beam defense, and the armor drains the suits power source with hits), Anti-beam shield (not as durable as the PS armor)

Aile Striker pack
    Weapons: same as the standard Strike + (2x) beam saber
    -gives the Strike Gundam the ability to glide and jump high, but not true flight

IWSP pack
    Weapons: same as the standard Strike minus the Bazooka, (2x) 105mm cannon, (2x) 115mm Railgun, (2x) 9.1 m anti-ship sword (no beam edge), 30mm 6-barrel Gatling machine gun, beam boomerang
    -gives the Strike Gundam atmospheric flight

Ootori pack
    Weapons: same as standard Strike minus the Bazooka, Beam Launcher (powerful ranged beam), Railgun (most likely the Seed standard 115 mm), Large Anti-Ship Sword (beam edged), Missile Launcher (8x) missiles, (6x) small missiles
    -gives the Strike Gundam atmospheric flight

Power: same as standard Strike + (1x) battery extender

"Perfect" (Aile+Sword+Launcher)
    Weapons: same as the standard Strike + (2x) beam saber, 15.78m Anti-Ship Sword (beam edged), rocket-propelled grappling claw, Beam Boomerang, 320mm Hyper Impulse Beam Cannon, multi-barreled 120mm anti-ship Vulcan gun, (2x) 350mm gun launchers

Power: same as standard Strike + (4x) battery extender
    -gives the Strike Gundam the ability to glide and jump high, but not true flight

Defense: does not have the anti-beam shield (like the other versions) but the grappling claw is anti-beam coated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fight Conditions: Both units are going for the kill/disable
    Pilots: You can include Mika / Kira or leave them out of the equation
    Location: Mars surface (a section Mika is not familiar with, so no home field advantage)
    Specials: Barbatos is allowed to take off limiters (red eyes), if you include pilots Kira can use Seed-mode

Re: Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Strike

Question: What about the Armor of each unit namely

Strike: Phase Shift Armor

Barbatos: Nanolaminate Armor

DO They come into play or are they out?

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Question: What about the Armor of each unit namely

Strike: Phase Shift Armor

Barbatos: Nanolaminate Armor

DO They come into play or are they out?
    Yes theyre in play, I put them under defense for normal strike and barbatos

Giving it to the Barbatos then

where as the strike's only physical weapons are a few missiles and combat knives. The Barbatos' arsenal is composed of solid, projectile, and impact weapons. Not only that but the Strike uses mostly beam weaponry...something the Barbatos' nano laminate armor was built against (ASSUMING that against weapons like beamswords and the Antiship Sword, the nano laminate armor won't hold up against prolonged exposure against beam energy)

ALSO, unlike the Strikes armor, which actually runs on a TIMER and it WILL drain due to the fact that the Strike is on a BATTERY, the Barbatos is powered by an AHAB reactor (a sort of perpetual energy generator). Also where the Strike's armor again has a timer and requires power to keep it up, the Barbatos' anti beam weaponry does not require that and so long as it does not take physical damage can protect the barbatos indefinitely. I may be wrong but with these facts For now I'm giving it to the Barbatos for the win.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Giving it to the Barbatos then

where as the strike's only physical weapons are a few missiles and combat knives. The Barbatos' arsenal is composed of solid, projectile, and impact weapons. Not only that but the Strike uses mostly beam weaponry...something the Barbatos' nano laminate armor was built against (ASSUMING that against weapons like beamswords and the Antiship Sword, the nano laminate armor won't hold up against prolonged exposure against beam energy)

ALSO, unlike the Strikes armor, which actually runs on a TIMER and it WILL drain due to the fact that the Strike is on a BATTERY, the Barbatos is powered by an AHAB reactor (a sort of perpetual energy generator). Also where the Strike's armor again has a timer and requires power to keep it up, the Barbatos' anti beam weaponry does not require that and so long as it does not take physical damage can protect the barbatos indefinitely. I may be wrong but with these facts For now I'm giving it to the Barbatos for the win.
    Against all versions? My initial thought was

Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Strike = Rex
    ​Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Aile Strike = Rex after some time
    ​Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Strike IWSP = Strike because of flight and almost all physical weapons
    ​Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Strike Ootori = Strike because of flight + railgun + and extra operation time
    ​Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Perfect Strike = not sure

It's a bad match up of tech. CE is very beam spam focused and PD is anti-beam spam.

Though, the Strike's successors, Freedom and Strike Freedom, make for more of a real fight. The nuclear reactors might lead things to a stalemate. The Xiphas Railgun could prove effective, but I'm not sure how powerful it is. And it would the sole source of offense sans the CIWS.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, IWSP, Perfect Stike Pack, Ootori were either never used or only used once by Kira. They are NOT standard equipment for Kira by any means. And Perfect might not even work since it only really has machine guns.

The only reason he'd be using them is if he SPECIFICALLY KNEW he'd be fighting a mobile suit like the Barbatos. You're giving Kira an preparation advantage and specialized equipment he never owned.
    I hate every Gundam I see
    From Turn A to Double Z
    No, you'll never make a Newtype out of me

Oh my God, I was wrong
    Titans were bad all along

You've finally made a Newtype
    Yes, you've finally made a Newtype out of me

I love you, Captain Bright!

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    It's a bad match up of tech. CE is very beam spam focused and PD is anti-beam spam.

Though, the Strike's successors, Freedom and Strike Freedom, make for more of a real fight. The nuclear reactors might lead things to a stalemate. The Xiphas Railgun could prove effective, but I'm not sure how powerful it is. And it would the sole source of offense sans the CIWS.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, IWSP, Perfect Stike Pack, Ootori were either never used or only used once by Kira. They are NOT standard equipment for Kira by any means. And Perfect might not even work since it only really has machine guns.

The only reason he'd be using them is if he SPECIFICALLY KNEW he'd be fighting a mobile suit like the Barbatos. You're giving Kira an preparation advantage and specialized equipment he never owned.
    This isnt really a Mika vs Kira fight, more the suits themselves. I only wanted to include the pilots if that was what the responder wanted to argue to be the deciding factor. I didnt say any of these versions were Kira's standard gear. I wanted to see what people thought about Lupus Rex vs elements it would never face in its universe. Elements like flight (IWSP/Ootori), another kenetic weapon suit (IWSP), or an all-rounder weapons suit (Ootori/Perfect). If i had used Freedom over the Strike, the fight wouldnt be a fight. It would be Freedom floating above Barbatos taking shots at it till the armor burned away or the railguns tore it up. Also Strike brings in the question of can Barbatos wear down the Strike's battery, in order to get pass the Phase shift. They counter eachother in defense, considering Strike is anti-kenetic and Barbatos is anti-beam. The main factors are time and mobility.

My personal opinion is that Strike would crumble against Barbatos, because of lack of range in knives, lower mobility, and battery running out. Aile Strike would be the same only the fight would take longer because the Aile could jump away from Barbatos with its height advantage. Barbatos would lose its mace in the process because Beam saber > a metal mace, but Barbatos would still come out on top. The IWSP fight I would probably go IWSP mainly because of flight. Even with the given 300mm cannon Ive never seen Mika be too accurate with it and even though the SEED era guns are lower in caliber they have much better firerates than the Iron blood Ophans universe guns. The Ootori fight has the same factors but more beams (which in this fight would be bad) and missiles. Honestly I dont know about this one. It would come down to if the Ootori could hit the Barbatos with its 1 railgun (vs the IWSP's 2 cannons and 2 railguns) before the battery ran out and it would have to land, at which point it would get crushed. Perfect Strike I dont know about either. It cant fly like the others but carries a big enough beam weapon that could start burning away the NL armor, still has the jump factor and some kenetic weapons. Also it would just be cool to see the Barbatos' tail clash with the Strike's claw

two things stand out to me. 1. In IBO they use a more barbaric fighting style and weapon style when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. I don't think the mace and sword of the Barbatos would hold up well to a beam saber. 2. How would the AV system in barbatos change things? We see it in IBO against suits without it and the reaction time definitely makes a huge difference.

With that said I think if a strike variant could get it's beam saber on Barbatos I don't think it would end well for Barbatos. However if The Barbatos could avoid the beam saber or disable it's use somehow I could see it's speed and reaction time, especially with the tail acting as a second weapon, taking it to the strike in close quarter combat.
    War. War never changes.