Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Kit ever, MG Sinanju Stein

excuse the lighting and background, I work at an old computer desk in a music room, the lighting in here isn't the best and I'm usually up till ridiculous hours of the night building.

This is first kit I've ever built, the MSN-06S Sinanju Stein, I kinda skipped all the other kind of kits and wanted something with some patience and dedication to it for my first kit. I'm not completely done yet, I've been waiting on optimal weather to prime it, then I will be changing the White to a Metallic Red, the dark blue to a Metallic Black, frame to a light or regular gun metal, I'm a little undecided, then the light gray parts will be Gold for a little extra pizaz. I believe there's already a Sinanju Stein this color, neo something someone told me, so I feel kinda basic on my paint, but I like it still.

I managed to document my build half decently, so here's a little gallery so far.

Last edited by Phiir249; April 7, 2017 at 8:19 PM.

Re: First Kit ever, MG Sinanju Stein

Finally got around to getting some paint on this fella. The shield is all painted and curing with a semi gloss. Everything here but the Red is also curing. I'm gonna put a semi gloss on the red and a couple other pieces since I ran out of clips. By about 10 or so I believe I'll be able to assemble the left arm and backpack completely to get a better feel for what this is going to look like. I'm really excited

Oh... love what you did to two tone the shield. That must have cost u tons of time

The amount of time I've put into this first kit is ridiculous, so much time reading and trying to figure things out on pricing and deciding which color scheme I'm going with. Most of my issues have been that I'm really new to gunpla and plamo in general.

My first paint job I decided to go with spray painting, which is pricey as hell, I've spent about as much money on paint as I have this kit, it doesn't bother me much, but I won't paint another kit until I get an air brush, or at least if I do it'll be to change everything but the white or continue with gun metals on frames because I really don't like the grey.

I'm having a lot of fun doing it though and I can't wait to load a picture tonight of an arm finished so I can compare the old scheme with the new

Quote Originally Posted by Phiir249 View Post
    The amount of time I've put into this first kit is ridiculous, so much time reading and trying to figure things out on pricing and deciding which color scheme I'm going with. Most of my issues have been that I'm really new to gunpla and plamo in general.

My first paint job I decided to go with spray painting, which is pricey as hell, I've spent about as much money on paint as I have this kit, it doesn't bother me much, but I won't paint another kit until I get an air brush, or at least if I do it'll be to change everything but the white or continue with gun metals on frames because I really don't like the grey.

I'm having a lot of fun doing it though and I can't wait to load a picture tonight of an arm finished so I can compare the old scheme with the new
    Welcome to the club. Kits are never the most expensive items u gonna get when u custom. If u custom u r gonna a lot of time researching but u r gonna Love the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Phiir249 View Post

Really liking how this is turning out so far!
    Can totally agree with the spray paint thing, 5-8$ a can... I've been thinking about springing for an airbrush but I haven't pulled the trigger so far. It'd save money in the long run but the initial cost. Ouch. Can do some cool techniques though!
    Oh well. What ever happens, happens.

What ever you're looking for, it's always in the last place you look.

Got to assemble the arm and back pack, needless to say I can't wait till this kit is all painted, I'm very happy with the out come

Thats is going to look amazing. Nice work so far.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Ya I like the colors, they are very Iron-manish. But in a cool way.
    List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Thank you guys, wish I didn't have a long shift today haha. Might try the head and other arm tonight, depending on what time I get in

I haven't had much luck with weather, but I managed to get his torso and other arm ready, other than a couple front vents anyway, but I ran out of red, gonna pick some up tomorrow I'm hoping

- - - Updated - - -

I'd just like to say, my lord do you need patience when it comes to painting with aerosol cans. waiting 24 hours after priming, then at least 4 hours after first coat and another 24 to make sure it's fully cured. I put my pieces in a small laundry room after they've had an hour to dry and throw a space heater in there for a few hours to try speed the process but it doesn't seem to do much. Didn't help that I started with 10 alligator clips to hold my pieces, worked up to 48 now I believe, which is a significant help.

first coat of skirts is on, just the legs left! so excited

everything is painted finally!
    just need to add a gloss coat tomorrow then I can panel line and decal it sometime this week!! So excited that it's just about done

vKhQhwX.jpgcBExViy.jpgdAZKGZs.jpgQHwY0kT.jpg

Damn looks epic!

thank you kindly

Looking fantastic.