Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Personal favorite Gundam series

Okay, I know this has probably been done quite a few times now. However I'm still relatively new here and I want to get to know you people better. So, what is your favorite Gundam series to date? I actually go against the grain of a majority of other Gundam fans. My favorite series is actually Gundam Seed with Seed Destiny trailing closely behind. I seem to have the fondest memories of Seed and Seed Destiny out of all the other Gundam series I've watched so far (haven't watched all of them yet, but getting close). Part of the reasoning behind this is that I fell away from Gundam from the longest time (having only watched G Gundam on Toonami) and I ended up stumbling upon Seed Destiny on Comcast On Demand. I decided to give it a shot because I remembered the name Gundam and fell in love with Gundam once again. I ended up watching Gundam Seed to completion years later when the HD Remaster was still on youtube and also watched the Seed Destiny remaster when they swapped them out. There's more reasoning behind it but those are the biggest reasons. Also, does anyone know if there's a place I could watch/download the remaster of Seed Destiny? I already managed to find the remaster of Seed and started downloading it but can't find one for Seed Destiny that is free. Anyway, thank you for your time if you decide to share (or if you've made it this far).

My personal favorite is Turn A Gundam. I just find the whole series to be unique. It has a slice of life feel into it, and it works for me. The characters are really well developed,and I really feel the immersion. I wasn't charmed by most of the original suits from there, but that did not stopped me from liking the show. It even became my favorite Gundam show ever up until now. (I have seen every single Gundam series.)

Ironically, the bottom of my list was authored by the same guy who made Turn A, but that's another discussion.

To be honest, I like Gundam Seed as well. Destiny is another story for me, but I'm glad you enjoyed them both.

I believe part of the rules here is to not post any sites that will lead to illegal downloading of any form of media, so please don't get your hopes high on finding answers about that from here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Re: Personal favorite Gundam series

Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    My personal favorite is Turn A Gundam. I just find the whole series to be unique. It has a slice of life feel into it, and it works for me. The characters are really well developed,and I really feel the immersion. I wasn't charmed by most of the original suits from there, but that did not stopped me from liking the show. It even became my favorite Gundam show ever up until now. (I have seen every single Gundam series.)

Ironically, the bottom of my list was authored by the same guy who made Turn A, but that's another discussion.

To be honest, I like Gundam Seed as well. Destiny is another story for me, but I'm glad you enjoyed them both.

I believe part of the rules here is to not post any sites that will lead to illegal downloading of any form of media, so please don't get your hopes high on finding answers about that from here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I honestly like Turn A as well, the Victorian style of it is really cool. However, aside from the Turn A, X, and the Mobile Suits from the UC they discovered...the rest aren't that attractive at all. The Sumo isn't that bad but that's about it.

My personal Favorite out of all of them is After War Gundam X. I dont know, that whole "what if" scenario if a Zeonic like space nation won the One Year War and the post apocalyptic feel got to me (for a guy who likes those post apocalyptic genres lol). The X looks pretty badass, The characters are decently flushed out, and honestly...the Garrod/Tifa relationship is what sold me (I'm a hopeless romantic gentlemen! LOL). Not only is it genuine its in a way believable (they don't end up a couple on the spot till the fourth to last episodes. Granted they act like it at first but thats because of Tiffa's...shall we say abilities for those who haven't watched it yet, and Garrod...well he feels that drawing. Kind of like Benagher and Audrey...ish lol) As for the mobile suits, like I said the X looks pretty badass along with the Airmaster and the Leopard were interesting units along with all three's upgrade units. I have to say the Frost Brothers are my favorite villians. Pretty much they were the product of their world in a VERY negative way and they way they affected the characters was interesting. Aside the Tiffa/Garrod romance, the fact that Garrod is a normal person and not a newtype/supersoldier/whatever and he relies soley on SKILL is what makes him in my honest to goodness opinion THE most badass pilot of the Gundam Univers (even better than mika no matter how brutal that beast is lol)

As for the WORST Gundam Series I have ever seen...Seed Destiny no question.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Well, if we're naming our most hated Gundam series as well. Mine is Wing without a doubt. The one series I could never get into in the slightest. The characters are dull and boring to me. I never felt like there was a sense of threat other from anyone other than Zechs. The Mobile Suits were way to powerful for there to be any threat against them. It's just the most boring Gundam I ever attempted to watch.

I tend to contest it to be the WORST. It was alot like Seed. just meh and mediocre. Out of the three big 90s/AU gundams, regretably (and this is a guy who had it not been for wing ironically enough would never have see and loved gundam) Wing is the weakest with G at the top and X at the middle...though I'd put X at the top for biased reasons XD but seriously G was the best out the three with X in the middle and Wing at the bottom.

Now if you REALLY want to see horrid. Watch Destiny, both dubbed and subbed...its just...well lets just say it is the prim example of what NOT to do with both a Gundam show AND any show PERIOD.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

You're right this has been done several times. In addition, an active worst thread.

That being said, 00.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    I tend to contest it to be the WORST. It was alot like Seed. just meh and mediocre. Out of the three big 90s/AU gundams, regretably (and this is a guy who had it not been for wing ironically enough would never have see and loved gundam) Wing is the weakest with G at the top and X at the middle...though I'd put X at the top for biased reasons XD but seriously G was the best out the three with X in the middle and Wing at the bottom.

Now if you REALLY want to see horrid. Watch Destiny, both dubbed and subbed...its just...well lets just say it is the prim example of what NOT to do with both a Gundam show AND any show PERIOD.
    You seemed to have missed the part where Seed Destiny was trailing close behind Seed as my favorite series. If not for Seed Destiny I'd never have gotten back into Gundam at all. That series has so much nostalgia behind at this point and even ignoring the nostalgia I just really enjoy it as a whole. People tend to complain about the reused footage in it but also tend to forget Mobile Suit Gundam also reused footage heavily. Reusing footage has always been a part of Gundam and I always find certain footage that is reused in almost any Gundam series. While I agree some of the characters in Seed Destiny shouldn't have existed (Meer Campbell) I don't mind the cast of characters at its core.

Favorite F91

Most hated 00 A Wakening of the Trailblazer
    --------------------------------------------------------

@Lord of the Manatees, for the record the reason why original Gundam had recycled animation was that it was made in 1979 where making new animations was expensive as shit, where both seed and destiny were made between 2000-2005 iirc, and iirc the budgets were very fair to make decent animations. However, if you are still able to like Destiny regardless of its shortcomings...well...then I salute you sir. No disrespect im meaning it, if you can watch it and enjoy it like I say enjoy X or others enjoy Turn A...then I see no problem in that amigo.

Sword Freak

I liked Turn A cuz it was kind of happy go lucky. G Gundam because it was hot blooded epicness with some shout outs to fist of the north star , 8th MS for its realism , CCA for Sazabae, and After War Gundam X because it reminded me of mad max a little.

@Lord of the Manatees, for the record the reason why original Gundam had recycled animation was that it was made in 1979 where making new animations was expensive as shit, where both seed and destiny were made between 2000-2005 iirc, and iirc the budgets were very fair to make decent animations. However, if you are still able to like Destiny regardless of its shortcomings...well...then I salute you sir. No disrespect im meaning it, if you can watch it and enjoy it like I say enjoy X or others enjoy Turn A...then I see no problem in that amigo.
    Well, even Gundam series to come after Seed Destiny continued to reused animation. Reusing animation is just a tactic anime (or even cartoons) use to save budget, so I don't mind it at all.

touche good Manatee...touche... *nods in approval of retort* and of course I will admit even X and some parts of OO did it too. so again...touche...

Sword Freak

touche good Manatee...touche... *nods in approval of retort* and of course I will admit even X and some parts of OO did it too. so again...touche...
    I just find the whole reused animation excuse to dislike an anime a little stupid. If you get bothered by something like that then should you really be watching anime? Now of course there are various other arguments against Seed Destiny but the majority of them are just people comparing it to like UC Gundam series. Which I don't find quite right. If you're gonna judge an anime at least judge it off itself, don't compare it. There's a reason that so far only one Gundam series has been unwatchable to me, because I treat them as their own entities when I watch them. I don't compare. Anyway, that's my spiel to defend Seed Destiny at least a little.

Mine would be a few,

0083 Stardust Memory - Best soundtrack, MS designs (GP01 love)
    0080 War in the pocket (harsh realistic view of war)
    Thunderbolt (UC MS designs rock, jazz soundtrack)

Side stories are my fav, hence why I love Axis twilight coming, and something like advance of zeta owuld be good.