Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 135 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3585125130131132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2149

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony Discussion Thread

It am.....

But bigger. Like half the size of an old O'Neil type colony. Or a quarter, I don't know how big they are since I haven't looked it up yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, come on. We're the Zeonic Empire and it looks like a damn Star Destroyer! Had to.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Series of concentric interlinked esoteric simpsons refrences

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    It am.....

But bigger. Like half the size of an old O'Neil type colony. Or a quarter, I don't know how big they are since I haven't looked it up yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, come on. We're the Zeonic Empire and it looks like a damn Star Destroyer! Had to.
    They're 36.KM long and 6.4 in Diameter.

Seems a bit unwieldy especially if we're taking it to earth. Also with a ship that big we best needs some speedy as Turbo lifts. At least some Segway rental stations or something.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why it was my other guess, well between that and the G-unit mention earlier.

It's three quarters of a mile long! and fucking wide enough.....without having to do maths.

God damn......I underestimated the measurements.

- - - Updated - - -

It's three quarters of a mile long! and fucking wide enough.....without having to do maths.

Actually. I can make this work......I had an idea. This minor fuck up just became a decent idea! Woohoo!

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

- - - Updated - - -

Actually. I can make this work......I had an idea. This minor fuck up just became a decent idea! Woohoo!
    Yeah the colonies were pretty big. I mean in terms of perspective, 36 KM is a little over 22 miles and that's how far I have to drive when I want to go shopping anywhere that isn't the local market, and it takes about half an hour to get there.

A ship that big would be crazy. Hell typically the only things that get that huge is Warhammer stuff and things in a similar vein.

To throw my two cents in here but that thing in those imensions is WAY too big IMO. On top of that, if we were to theoretically go back to Earth, if they see that they're going to think initially we're dropping another colony on them and that would REALLY piss them off...

jots that down in his notes just in case

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

I don't think it is too big. It all depends on what you plan to do with the insides. Hell the center could be one big as MS training ground. that would account for the size needed. The special tactics the Knights could plan and test outside of prying eyes could be a benefit.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

That is a valid point in that regard Monkey. If a large portion of the carrier inside is large enough for a training ground for both ground and MS combat, and it could shield them from prying eyes, that size of a ship would be perfect for such a task...assuming of course the other thing Jason asked doesn't come into play XD

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Hi my name is Monkey, here's a wrench, don't worry I have extras.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

But seriously that was a good one. But as stated you do make a good point in terms of privacy and training.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    That is a valid point in that regard Monkey. If a large portion of the carrier inside is large enough for a training ground for both ground and MS combat, and it could shield them from prying eyes, that size of a ship would be perfect for such a task...assuming of course the other thing Jason asked doesn't come into play XD
    By Gundam standards (and hell trek standards, for perspective it's twice as long as a Galaxy class, only thing that'd as big as it it in trek is the D'ederix class Romulan Warbird and borg stuff) but it's run of the mill for what he's going for in terms of star destroyer since it's bit over 1200 Meters which would make it not the smallest but not the biggest. Making it a bit shorter than an interdict-or since we're going with 3/4th of a Mile long. So the 3/4 of a mile long thing isn't that bad. But the 22 miles would be messed up, as that'd e entirely too big.

It may be a bit big to use on earth but the Empire mostly doesn't have that issue. So yeah at 3/4th of a mile long it's huge but not completely out of the park anymore.

tl;dr 3/4ths of a mile long is a bit big but it works IMO for what he's going for. Granted I don't think we should take it to earth.

It's a giant ship, it's armed to the teeth, and it's big enough to carry everyone. There will be an in game explanation for it. I require the council to question Xastur on it first.

It's armored with a mix of nanolaminite and chobtham styled armor plates. It has over 100 anti air defense guns turrets and beam cannons, hundreds of different sized missile ports, three Buster class cannons, a dozen mega particle cannons, and the nose can be opened for access to the larger than needed rail gun system that fires either explosion tipped shells or solid shells made of Frame Metal. The Knight's could survive for half a year alone just on it's supplies and could obliterate one of the current types of colonies with one rail gun shot. Because it's so big, moving from some areas to others will require using turbo lifts (both of the vertical and horizontal kind) or if Xastur really likes you, a personal dirtbike to use. There are four training halls for people, none for MS, but each MS gets it's own hanger room. Depending on where the hanger is you'll either be launched directly from the hanger, out to the side or you'll be lifted up and put in line for use of a small mass driver inspired catapult system.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

It's a giant ship, it's armed to the teeth, and it's big enough to carry everyone. There will be an in game explanation for it. I require the council to question Xastur on it first.

It's armored with a mix of nanolaminite and chobtham styled armor plates. It has over 100 anti air defense guns turrets and beam cannons, hundreds of different sized missile ports, three Buster class cannons, a dozen mega particle cannons, and the nose can be opened for access to the larger than needed rail gun system that fires either explosion tipped shells or solid shells made of Frame Metal. The Knight's could survive for half a year alone just on it's supplies and could obliterate one of the current types of colonies with one rail gun shot. Because it's so big, moving from some areas to others will require using turbo lifts (both of the vertical and horizontal kind) or if Xastur really likes you, a personal dirtbike to use. There are four training halls for people, none for MS, but each MS gets it's own hanger room. Depending on where the hanger is you'll either be launched directly from the hanger, out to the side or you'll be lifted up and put in line for use of a small mass driver inspired catapult system.
    Kinda sad now because the white room is no longer the biggest RP ship (300M smaller than this).

Also on the dirtbike thing, how long until someone starts a dirtbike jousting tourney somewhere?

To be fair, it's not as if I knew the length when I came up with it. You were there when I came up with the measurements.

Shima's already taking names for that tournament......

Did no one notice she wasn't present at the meeting. She is, technically, a Knight as well. She gonna be piiiiissed. Xastur had House Dozle bring the Shirokami Gundam with them. Shima's old suit.

- - - Updated - - -

It's really just a "just in case" sorta thing. Jason has a suit aboard the ship and I don't expect him to be launching often.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

I was mostly joking. White Room isn't even gonna be the biggest ship in that RP. Besides it's designed for completely different purpose.

Also I figured Shima was either busy or you didn't feel like playing as that many characters so I kind of disregarded it admittedly.

I do have to play as a lot of characters.....

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"