Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 142 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony Discussion Thread

Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony

It was the year 0079 of the Universal Century, the Earth Sphere Federation and Principality of Zeon had been engaged in war for one long year. Over half of humanities population had been lost to this bloody conflict, and would only get worse as they were at a stalemate. With both sides weary and growing weaker as each day passed on, Zeon with its advanced science division had a solution they had been working on. While it's origins had been surmised, explored, and furthered in the name of peace at this stage in the war it would become the perfect weapon. The Terraforming Bomb. It was loaded with small amounts flora and fauna genetics and launched into an outpost far out of the sight of Federation sensors. The outpost had been mined of all useful materials and made a good test site. With its surprising success Zeon's top officials had them weaponized and fitted within three colonies they had control over and on what would have been near the Battle of A Baoa Qu history took a dramatic and extreme turn. Operation Borderlands was initiated. Each colony fitted with it's own Terraforming Bomb were launched at Earth, the ESF trying in vain to stop the operation from succeeding with the majority of their military might having been sent to attack A Baoa Qu they could do nothing as two of the colonies were bound to impact Earth. The third colony however came into the sights of the Federation's White Devil. The crew of the White Base were among the forces attempting to disrupt this colony from impacting the Earth. With their efforts the colony was not to impact the Earth, however they were not victorious for each colonies Terraforming Bomb had been synced together for maximum coverage upon explosion. When the two other colonies hit and exploded it triggered the third which exploded and spread the Terraform Ignitor across the stratosphere. The remaining forces and White Base had no choice but to fall back and wait for instructions. However, there would be no instructions for some time. Having only accounted for a pure rock based landscape the Terraform Ingitor's precise concoction was spoiled by the existence of life already living their. In a drastic turn the earth was transformed far beyond what Zeon science could even hypothetically expect. Violent explosions of flora and fauna occurred around the world, oceans were split at the rise of new land masses as old ones sank and forever would the earth be changed. The strangest aspect was one that went nearly unnoticed, the lifeforms that had existed had also undergone a transformation, with each and every species ending up encased in a crystalline structure. In the great Terraforming Explosion the previous lives were saved in some fashion. Animals and insects didn't last long as they were changed at a genetic level by the crystal that encased them before the strongest of the species were able to break free to roam. Humanity also suffered this fate, with half of its already dwindling population being encased as the wave hit. Earth was in a sense, destroyed, the Earth that any human had heard of at least. And with this new Earth still changing and evolving because of Zeon, the stalemate ceased. By 0080 UC the ESF had split into two factions, one that accepted Zeon's victory and one that would go on to stay a thorn in their side for the centuries to come. The Zabi's had declared victory and that Earth was to be left alone as Zeon's finest jewel in its crown of victory. With victory came spoils as the infighting among the Zabi's had turned to into how to benefit from this. Degwin had decided on retiring, leaving Zeon to be run by a council that included his four children Ghiren, Dozle, Kycyllia, and Garma. A small legion of loyalists followed Degwin to his retirement on Mars, armed with supplies and a Terraforming Bomb of their own. As ruling space as just the four of them became tiring, Garma suggested that the former Red Comet join their council, despite Ghiren and Kycyllia's objections, Char Aznable was appointed to a fifth seat. As a point, Char was forced to admit to the colonies watching his former life as Casval Rem Deikun, to the surprise of Dozle and Garma, and then rejected that former life and his desire for revenge due in part to the choices he had within this new world. Not long after a Federation pilot was elected to take a seat among them to serve as council and a voice for the defeated Federation. Their choice was the former White Devil's pilot, Amuro Ray. With Ray seated he had seen to bettering the remaining Federation while they integrated under Zeonic rule. Years after, Ghiren suggested a new face to the council. A Duke of his who had been running a few colonies under Ghiren's name and had done so well above Ghiren's expectations, Franklin Bidan. It wasn't long after that this council of seven proposed a new time designation. The Universal Century was declared dead and in the aftermath of the Great War that occurred in that Era the world would be working in the "Grand Era" from that day forward. The council of seven which had ruled tightly for the first few hundred years had fallen to infighting and a civil war that lasted two hundred years until a treaty was drawn up and for three hundred years each faction had been stockpiling and creating new weapons. This uneasy peace was broken by a communication from Mars, designated from the mouth of Degwin Zabi the 36th head of the House Zabi. Previously at the death of each of the original Zabi's their factions were named direction after them. Hence House Ghiren, House Dozle, House Kycyllia, and House Garma leaders called for a true meeting of the seven members of the council. Leaders from House Aznable, House Ray, and House Bidan joined and for the first time in centuries a true peace treaty was discussed in the year 0694 GE. The Houses of Dolze and Garma were clear allies, while the Houses of Ghiren and Kycylia had enjoyed a tame alliance at best with each faction. The House Aznable was closely tied with the House's of Dolze and Garma as was considered a de facto ally by both factions. House Ray and House Bidan had attempted to allow for more freedom among the people, with House Ray even going so far as to overlook the actions their people would take against the other houses, with House Ray effectively erasing them from any database to cover for them. House Bidan had become tired and entered into a state of neutrality, offering the other houses their aid in emergencies but otherwise would be pulling their forces back to their colony cluster. Today it is the year 0795 of the Great Era, with a small scale conflict engaged among the House Ghiren and House Kycyllia, the council had decided on a new small division. Each house was to present a member of their family to the council, if the council accepted them then they would join a special joint task-force with the authority to investigate anyone they feel is abusing council privilege or power.

Alright. Now that that's outta the way I'll explain some details that I couldn't fit in. The people first. Spacenoids stopped evolving into Newtypes, instead they've devolved a bit of a natural Alaya Vijana/ZERO system effet within themselves. Their focus and instincts are sharpened and for the most part don't appear to to age from the time they reach adulthood at 18ish to when they're in their fifties. So everyone's pretty much a badass for most of their adult life. Newtypes, however, do exist. They're born on Earth now. People who had been encased in crystal emerged as awoken Newtypes and with their new abilities determined that everyone was better off thinking the planet was still changing. And that's worked out fine for everyone, there are some people in space with strange stories about how they need to go to earth or someone does but those people usually end up getting sent to an asylum because they're "crazy". They are in fact the rare few of space who were born with Newtype abilites. Each house hosts about seven colonies in one big cluster formatted around the Earth and Moon. Mechanical limbs can be built for those who have lost a limb, bio-mechanical limbs exist in so far as a team of scientists have it down on paper and just started testing the theory.

Mobile suits. Suits from OYW UC, Wing, G, Turn A, AGE, and IBO are allowed. Each house had access to any OYW Zeon blueprint and those were generally considered the origins of the current Mobile Suit. Development split with some going down the path of Wing suits, some down the path of AGE suits, and one small sect concentrated fully on suits from G. Mars had begun the process of developing MS from Turn A, even gifting a Turn A Gundam to House Ray. House Bidan began constructing suits from IBO ten years before the start of the RP. The council decided that IBO suits had better overall use and issued a full run for the purposes of being a council only force. While used for official purposes and such as far as the public is concerned, privately for the most part each House holds preference towards one standard suit over another. Each house holds an heirloom Gundam that at some point in history did something amazing as such holds a special title to those that can pilot them. Currently each suit has no given pilot. Every suit runs off the same micro fusion engine that the Wing Gundam's used. It's easier that way. No Hyper Mode, no Moonlight Butterfly, no ZERO System, no Alaya Vijana system. Gundam's do hold a limiter remover like the IBO gundams, but chances are high that dying while piloting a Gundam with its limiter removed are more than a possibility, it's more like it's fact and very, very rarely do people survive if they use it for long. Uniforms look similar in design to worn by Axis Zeon.

The remnants of the old Federation that didn't join and accept defeat are the pirates of the universe, whatever ships they have are always equipped with hyper jammers like in the Deathscythe and they typically hide out in the asteroid belt, their main ship and headquarters is the Libra. For the most part Earth has been considered the junkyard of the Houses and so with that said, whenever old suits got past the point of no repair they were loaded into ships of the same no repair designation and just sent crashing into earth so that way Earth has mobile suits as well. Mars uses strictly either old OYW UC era suits that have been maintained or Turn A based suits and that's it. Houses Ghiren and Kycyllia typically use Wing based suits, with Houses Dozle and Garma having the advantage of using any era's suit, House Garma being gifted several different gundam types from G, Wing, AGE, and IBO. House Ray usually uses AGE based suits of the Federation and Turn A suits even getting gifted a Turn A by Mars by a Mars popular demand committee, House Aznable uses Vagan designs and Wing designs in their suits. House Bidan recently started the IBO type suits so while they're the new standard for them, until complete phasing out is complete they also use a mix of the AGE suits and some of the G Gundam grunt suits.

So this is what I came up with. Ask me any questions you need answers to, if they're character related then PM me. The main one I can think of right off the bat is the Char/Garma one. In this universe, Char had every intention of betraying Garma but at the last second realized he could milk the hell out of "saving" Garma from certain death so he went with that route. Still was planning on taking his revenge but things just kept getting better for him to the point that the happiness his current life had wasn't worth losing because he still wanted revenge. Char ended up with Lalah and Amuro ended up with Sayla.

Basic info on the Houses:

House Ghiren - holds Gundam Legilis, House Cluster focused around L1. Rules over the council with as much of an iron fist as can be. Involved in a minor civil conflict, again, with House Kycyllia. Head of the House is Alexander Greybere. Main colony is called ZABI-01 and ZABI-07 is where the council's headquarters is located.

House Kycyllia - holds Gundam AGE-FX, House Cluster focused around L4. Typically holds sway among all due to their vast spy network among the seven houses. Involved in a minor conflict, again, with House Ghiren. Head of the House is Cassandra Armer. Main colony is called Side-3 in honor of the old Zeon colony from over 700 years ago.

House Dozle - holds Gundam Gusion, House Cluster focused in the middle of L1 and L2, being positioned a little bit further from the moon and a fourth of the way to L4. Allied closely with House Garma, with these two houses aligned most would consider an open attack on either house suicide. Head of the House is Antonia Avanche. Main colony is called Zenna-05.

House Garma - holds Gundam Rose, House Cluster focused on the Moon. The more popular among the people House. Allied closely with House Dozle and has an open alliance with House Aznable. Head of the House is Jonas Jacobs. Main colony is called Sodo-01.

House Aznable - holds Gundam Epyon, House Cluster focused around L2. Surprisingly tame considering who they descended from. Holds a rivalry with House Ray, the only other house willing to compete against another house in competition sports or faux military exercises. Privately competes among the against the other houses when invited. Despite the open alliance with House Garma, House Aznable has used that alliance as more of a way to travel around L1 and L2 without suspicious. Head of the House is Balor Aznable. Main colony is called Artesia-02.

House Ray - holds Turn A Gundam, House Cluster focused around L5. Openly tries in vain for more freedom to the people as well as trying to investigate the Earth. Considered the black House of the seven. Holds a rivalry with House Aznable, the only other house willing to compete against another house in competition sports or faux military exercises. Head of the House is Raymond Corner. Main colony is called Unicorn-01.

House Bidan - holds Wing Gundam Zero, House Cluster focused around L3. Generally a neutral faction among the seven, despite that they covertly support House Ray's attempts. Head of the House is Chamilla Sunblance. Main colony is called Zeta-1.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam: The First Colony Discussion Thread

Jumps into this...I'm in

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Not shocked there lol. What'd you think of the final product I came up with based off your idea?

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Everything I dreamed up on FREAKING STEROIDS! Well done Exia! I am so excited to see this...not to mention. >>...<<...your crystalization element gave me some ideas storywise XD but that is later on. For now I think you took my basic idea and made it well...you made it awesome thats the best word i can use for the moment cause this is what I dreamed of and you basically made it work. So kudos man and looking forward to how this goes down.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Thanks. I had a good concept to work with. I honestly wasn't expecting that much of a creative outburst from myself.

Anyway, expect my winging it style of DMing to return with minimum plans in place.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Oh yes Captain Adill, your style is always fun

Sword Freak

My style also lets everyone have a bit more freedom in that anyone can suggest a fun idea for a mission or whatever and help out the story.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

nods...

So we got Kahrys, now we need Shepperd to make this a good party...though really Kahrys is always fun...so long as Tera has him on a tight leash XD

Sword Freak

Kahrys was always better without the leash. He killed so many enemies like that when he went into newtype demon mode.

But my guy ain't a Kahrys clone I can say that. And the reason I took the Aznable spot was so no one else could. Got a lot of Char fans, didn't want to have to mediate who gets to descend from him if people wanted to do that. Personally would've taken heir of Kycyllia since she's my go to Zabi and everyone knows that.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

No argument here, though i've always been a Dozel supporter myself (though I am a little irritated by his Origin personae)

Sword Freak

I actually like Origin Dozle, he amuses me more. And the Kycyllia stuff just made me a bigger fan. Man do I have a thing for crazy redheads or what?

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Note the word "little" lol, he's growing on me...as for Kycillia...she's more brutal imo which kind of fits her character XD

Sword Freak

Ch'yea she is. Makes it a perfect fit that Kahrys would end up under her command before Sigma.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Agreed. speaking of Sigma, where are the rest of the gang XD

Sword Freak

Dunno. Char ain't been online since last year I think. ZRC's around, probably sleeping now. He'll probably see this soon enough.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"