Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 165
  1. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    Be patient, I must do the red astray first....

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  2. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!
    Posts
    4,271

    Re: Beginner Gundam collection

    I see Thomas likes the HYAKU LOL I don't know what it is but Thomas with the Gundams is just funny to me.


    To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

    My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

    My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

    My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

  3. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    I see Thomas likes the HYAKU LOL I don't know what it is but Thomas with the Gundams is just funny to me.
    Hahaaha, my son prefers Thomas so he puts it besides the gundam.

    Just finished the head and body... Its a simple kit but looks cool.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  4. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    Arms and legs done.. Up next the waist...

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  5. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    Body doneeee

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  6. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    I officialy would like to inform that.... This kit is awesome!!!!! No wonder mostly sold out.

    With decals he should look even better but taking a break first.

    If I paint the frame with metal red and skirts with pearl white??? I think this kit is worth painting.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  7. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    Look how short this guy is, but buffed up..

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  8. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!
    Posts
    4,271

    Re: Beginner Gundam collection

    As much as I do love the red astray. I called that one the suicidal gundam, all you need to do is walk up behind him grab the gun and pull the trigger. BOOM dead. But I still love mine.


    To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

    My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

    My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

    My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

  9. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    As much as I do love the red astray. I called that one the suicidal gundam, all you need to do is walk up behind him grab the gun and pull the trigger. BOOM dead. But I still love mine.
    Hehe...typical last samurai story, guns vs katana

    But he's the most agile gundam I own.

    Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

  10. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    Having a hard time painting my sinanju stein

    I think I need leveling primer because I'm using mr hobby color 151 pearl white. I CANT get it even...any suggestions? Or do i need primer???? Pls help.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  11. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!
    Posts
    4,271

    Re: Beginner Gundam collection

    I had a problem with pearl paint as well. To make a long story short, prime prime, and when not sure prime.

    - - - Updated - - -

    O' one more thing about pearl. Light coats, build it up in layers. Other wise the "pearl" pigment will pool and you will lose the nice even pearl effect. Just lessons learned the hard way.


    To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

    My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

    My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

    My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

  12. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    I had a problem with pearl paint as well. To make a long story short, prime prime, and when not sure prime.

    - - - Updated - - -

    O' one more thing about pearl. Light coats, build it up in layers. Other wise the "pearl" pigment will pool and you will lose the nice even pearl effect. Just lessons learned the hard way.
    Yeah its hard using pearl, so lets say I blew it. How can I fix it? Just do a primer over it? Pls help. Hehe

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  13. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!
    Posts
    4,271

    Re: Beginner Gundam collection

    I ended up stripping it and starting over completely. If the paint is not smooth and you just paint over it then the next layer will not be smooth either. At that point you are just painting a duck blue and calling it a cat.
    I would strip it down do a light sanding then prime. I do tend to go a bit above and beyond at times. I like to prime with two different colors then sand. That way I can see if there are any high and low spots. The plastic itself is not smooth so that will not help with the paint flowing on to the part. I put a dark gray then cover it with a white and sand really lightly like with a 800 grit and that will show any high and low spots. Then either sand the high spot to match the low or fill with a touch of putty. Then when the putty is fully dry I will sand it smooth again. after all of that. I would just do a bunch of light coasts, and letting them dry for a few minutes between each coat. Pearl and metallic flake is a pain in the ass, but at the same time will look so damn cool if done right.


    To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

    My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

    My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

    My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

  14. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    I ended up stripping it and starting over completely. If the paint is not smooth and you just paint over it then the next layer will not be smooth either. At that point you are just painting a duck blue and calling it a cat.
    I would strip it down do a light sanding then prime. I do tend to go a bit above and beyond at times. I like to prime with two different colors then sand. That way I can see if there are any high and low spots. The plastic itself is not smooth so that will not help with the paint flowing on to the part. I put a dark gray then cover it with a white and sand really lightly like with a 800 grit and that will show any high and low spots. Then either sand the high spot to match the low or fill with a touch of putty. Then when the putty is fully dry I will sand it smooth again. after all of that. I would just do a bunch of light coasts, and letting them dry for a few minutes between each coat. Pearl and metallic flake is a pain in the ass, but at the same time will look so damn cool if done right.
    Thanks for the tip, I will go to the hardware store to get 2 color primers grey and white. Trial and error first yah, poor sinanju all molested hehe.


    These are the paints I'm using.. If anything missing, pls comment.



    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  15. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    129
    I got a cheapo compressor with airbrush for 50 bucks. Lets try some primer..

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk


 

Similar Threads

  1. Beginner's Small Collection
    By Jaypres25 in forum The Ego Zone, aka The Member Model Gallery
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 22, 2016, 1:28 AM
  2. Beginner's guide to Gundam
    By Master Of Gundams in forum The Gundam Universe
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: April 3, 2015, 12:55 PM
  3. Gundam Beginner's : RG Launcher Strike
    By Gundam Beginner in forum The Ego Zone, aka The Member Model Gallery
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: December 23, 2012, 10:06 PM
  4. Gundam Beginner's : PG Astray [Red Frame]
    By Gundam Beginner in forum The Ego Zone, aka The Member Model Gallery
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 21, 2012, 6:13 AM
  5. Gundam Beginner's : PG Aile Strike
    By Gundam Beginner in forum The Ego Zone, aka The Member Model Gallery
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 20, 2012, 9:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •