Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbla View Post
    Wow. I though MG are too tall. Now I see who’s the big boss. I usually work with 1/144 hg and RG, so these guys are giants for me ))

Отправлено с моего iPad используя Tapatalk
    For me MG's are the perfect height for a kit. From far you can still see the details. As for the RG's have even better detail than MG's but from far you wont see any of it, you need to enjoy it up close.... And yes the PG's are like giants. Haha

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I'm starting setup for painting the sinanju ver ka. Because I think this kit is unfinished when out of the box. I will only paint the armor, trusters and wires but since this is the ver ka using the ABS inner frame I will leave that alone because of all the issues of breakage when painted...

I dont know guys if this issue is true or false since there is an OVA version. But anyways the frame is very sturdy and even now I'm affraid if I move the joints to rough it will break, If I compare it to the stein, this is more riggid but the stein I have painted the inner frame with no issues at all.

The sinanju ver ka unpainted vs sinanju stein ver ka painted..

Re: Beginner Gundam collection

I have the same kit...very stiff joints. The waist is the one you really have to worry about. I reinforced mine with epoxy putty and it really seems to help. I also shied away from full paint due to the ABS. I painted all the details and gave all exposed frame and details an acrylic wash which is safe for the parts ( GW- Nuln Oil)...ordered after market waterslides because I can't stand stickers...finally Tamiya Dullcoat and done. Looks great just going that far I think...i'll post a couple pics so you can see the results. It's a great kit and happy to follow another Sinanju build! keep up the good work!

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s a couple....

Quote Originally Posted by norb76 View Post
    I have the same kit...very stiff joints. The waist is the one you really have to worry about. I reinforced mine with epoxy putty and it really seems to help. I also shied away from full paint due to the ABS. I painted all the details and gave all exposed frame and details an acrylic wash which is safe for the parts ( GW- Nuln Oil)...ordered after market waterslides because I can't stand stickers...finally Tamiya Dullcoat and done. Looks great just going that far I think...i'll post a couple pics so you can see the results. It's a great kit and happy to follow another Sinanju build! keep up the good work!

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s a couple....
    Hi Norb,

I cant wait for you posting pics of.Your sinanju ver ka. I will surely use your pointers.

Can you show me how Much you have used putty on that waist joint... Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s a couple....
    Nice paint job norb, its more or les the same of the kit I want to get painted and the rest of the frame leaving alone..

But I have to admit, the sinanju is the Ferrari of MG's next to the sazabi ver ka is like a Hummer.

I don't have any photos of the waist but I did fill all the holes on waist pin as well as filling the cavity inside with as much as I could get without affecting anything...make sure to pack it tight and let dry thoroughly...I have had the kit apart several times and this really seems to add confidence to that ability. I'd still use caution of course

I don't have any photos of the waist but I did fill all the holes on waist pin as well as filling the cavity inside with as much as I could get without affecting anything...make sure to pack it tight and let dry thoroughly...I have had the kit apart several times and this really seems to add confidence to that ability. I'd still use caution of course
    Noted norb, I will try it out.. I still have some epoxy.

00 raiser PG, ok kit... Honestly I regret purchasing this gunpla cause its too expensive.

GN drives are cool tough.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by sentosaj View Post
    00 raiser PG, ok kit... Honestly I regret purchasing this gunpla cause its too expensive.

GN drives are cool tough.

Do yu have a few more pictures of it? How well is the range of motion on it and the Riser plane/backpack thing. Is it a pain in the a$$ to get on and off or is it somewhat easy? I have one and it is still sitting in the box.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    Do yu have a few more pictures of it? How well is the range of motion on it and the Riser plane/backpack thing. Is it a pain in the a$$ to get on and off or is it somewhat easy? I have one and it is still sitting in the box.
    I have a video you can download it below.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a732811...201-WA0011.mp4

The articulation is good but I'm a bit lazy because you have to press the button joint before you can move the arms and feet.

The backpack goes on off pretty easy.

I'm planning to paint it but I dont know how I can paint the GN drives, because you cannot disassemble it and masking it will be a pain in the ass.

Last edited by sentosaj; February 1, 2018 at 7:32 PM.

Finaly finished painting armor parts sinanju ver ka

Awesome metallic. What paint do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobbla View Post
    Awesome metallic. What paint do you use?

I use mr. Metalic red as finish layer, mr primer 1500 white, and mr color silver and gx100 super clear topcoat....

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sentosaj View Post
    I use mr. Metalic red as finish layer, mr primer 1500 white, and mr color silver and gx100 super clear topcoat....

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I should try those Mr paints