Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam, Twilight of Axis

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    AW! I wanted it lol! XD

*gives Zeonic Salute* you are glorious lol

lol and I agree that is Arguable THE BEST Modern take on the Alex. I love it, I want it as a KIT BADLY! Heck for me in kit form all I'd have to do really is change some colors on it and it' be good (namely just make everything red blue and leave it be )

Kit is already up for preorder http://hlj.com/product/bann18422

Nice will this be a OVA or TV series?

Twilight Axis.jpg
    Last edited by NorthBayGundam; March 23, 2017 at 11:20 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBayGundam View Post
    Nice will this be a OVA or TV series?

Twilight Axis.jpg

Don't know, but apparently this is going to get animated: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-june/.113762. Huh, it takes place after Unicorn? That's interesting, I would've thought it takes place after CCA or ZZ.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Don't know, but apparently this is going to get animated: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-june/.113762. Huh, it takes place after Unicorn? That's interesting, I would've thought it takes place after CCA or ZZ.
    Well, guess we know how they'll do the sequel to Unicorn now. I'm no longer sure what they're doing with the franchise but, whatever, I'll go with it.

Part of me wishes that Last Sun got animated (Also post Unicorn, though it's a Manga not an LN) if only to see the Phenex get animated (in it's original gold state that is).

That said knowing that the Ronah's are involved at least a little in the plot of Twilight Axis I'm excited (for those who don't know, the people who set up Cosmo Babylonia in F91). Also first time the Zaku III has gotten any love since ZZ.
    Newtypery is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Part of me wishes that Last Sun got animated (Also post Unicorn, though it's a Manga not an LN) if only to see the Phenex get animated (in it's original gold state that is).

That said knowing that the Ronah's are involved at least a little in the plot of Twilight Axis I'm excited (for those who don't know, the people who set up Cosmo Babylonia in F91). Also first time the Zaku III has gotten any love since ZZ.
    Well, at we have one thing that I can get behind. Having the Ronah's involved.

I don't know how involved they are, I just remember reading they were on Zeonic a few months ago when it first started coming out. But it's still nice to see some nods to F91 and later.
    Newtypery is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    I don't know how involved they are, I just remember reading they were on Zeonic a few months ago when it first started coming out. But it's still nice to see some nods to F91 and later.
    Maybe they're doing this series as a precursor to animating Crossbone? I mean, I'm curious how many episodes this series is going to have though. Is it gonna be a full fledged 50 episodes? Or just a 12 episode OVA or something? Unless they decide to do hour long episodes of course.

No matter what though, Im watching it, I'm Reading It, and thanks to the Tristan, I am SO on board XD

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I'm not really following this, so let me ask a stupid question, are they seriously using an offshoot of a un-deployed, experimental, one year war machine, as the main unit in a post 0096 era? *face palm*
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon View Post
    I'm not really following this, so let me ask a stupid question, are they seriously using an offshoot of a un-deployed, experimental, one year war machine, as the main unit in a post 0096 era? *face palm*
    I don't think we hve that much info yet, but could be!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon View Post
    So what if they are? The effectiveness of a Mobile Suit lies solely with the pilot. Maybe the guy's just that damn good.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

My Gundam Pictures
    Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

A lot of fans don't like netype stuff in the first place (though I do), especially with how it escalated with how CCA and Unicorn and what the Zeta, Nu Gundam, and Unicorn can do.

Meanwhile, the Alex was the first Newtype gundam but one made specifically for performance. So as a base for a purely high performance suit (stronger than a grunt and suitable for a protag) instead of one that focuses on newtype magic, the Alex makes sense.

Meanwhile the the threat seems to be kinda scale back to like Zeta and ZZ era suits. So a Unicorn/Nu/Turn A level god machine would be overkill and not very fun to see battles with.

Also, this is the Federation, which fielded the Jegan for decades, and even dropped the superior GM III in favor of it. We all already know Federation mobile suit development is not a straight line of improvement.
    I hate every Gundam I see
    From Turn A to Double Z
    No, you'll never make a Newtype out of me

Oh my God, I was wrong
    Titans were bad all along

You've finally made a Newtype
    Yes, you've finally made a Newtype out of me

I love you, Captain Bright!

Well the design is basically a RGZ torso, with Jegan arms, rear pack, and Alex type legs with a Gundam Head. Armaments are a Nu type Rifle, and a standard shield. Honestly unless it has some kind of special systems, I don't see it performing much better than a Jegan, due to the lack of additional weaponry, and the stationary nature of the mounted leg thrusters in the Alex design (thrust angle being limited by the position of the legs). Now if they are going for a struggling evenly matched type of series, versus every grunt suit the pilot faces, thats one thing. But if they do the "It's a Gundam, and it always wins." motiff, the designers got to slack big time, considering the late ZZ/CCA/Unicorn time period has alot of designs that aren't so bare bones.

I just wish they would keep some consistency to the time eras every time they drop one of these things. I mean if it is meant to be a bridge to F91, at least make the thing smaller than a standard Gundam to start to show some sort of design direction.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

I really like the design but I see your point. I noticed this with thunderbolt, the atlas is cool and all but it looks more advanced than the other Gundam's of the time period.

I think we might have to wait and see what the story is like, maybe it's more of an 08th ms team feel where it isn't based on newtype ability. I could see where this type of suit design wouldn't be nearly as strong as the rx-0 but would be stronger than a GM or Jegan. Another thing, this is just the first suit of the series. Look at zeta kamille started out with just a mkII which didn't look much different than the rx-78 and it was 8 years later. Hell the GP series suits looked more advanced than the mkII.
    War. War never changes.