Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Plamo UK (BUYER BEWARE!!!!)

For those who aren't already aware, BUYER BEWARE!!! I recently made a large purchase with Plamo UK and you can see the outcome. Everyone seemed to rave about their paints, but the forums were littered with tales of their terrible customer service. I decided to throw caution to the wind and give them a shot. Not only did my order arrived badly damaged, but it was also missing half of it. The half missing was replaced by random touch-free thermometers. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!
    Attached Images

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: Plamo UK (BUYER BEWARE!!!!)

Holy crap!!!But now I'm curious What could the other half be that they could mistake it for a bunch of thermometers? That is a really bizarre mix up.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

I'm surprised they are still around. I figured they would be belly up by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    I'm surprised they are still around. I figured they would be belly up by now.
    As old American colloquialism goes, "There's a sucker born every minute."
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Wow, that sucks big time. I already knew their service was kind of questionable from what people in other forums have experienced, but to see another example of it is just painful. The touch-free thermometers makes you wonder who actually packed the box.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    Wow, that sucks big time. I already knew their service was kind of questionable from what people in other forums have experienced, but to see another example of it is just painful. The touch-free thermometers makes you wonder who actually packed the box.
    There's also a lot of negative reviews on YouTube about their customer service and about people receiving damaged product.

I wonder if the thermometers were used as filler to match the quoted shipping weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    As old American colloquialism goes, "There's a sucker born every minute."
    So true.

Super Moderator

Funny that you guys keep saying "their" this and that. Its just one guy, Kyle, and man he turned out to be so shady. Used to talk to him all the time on skype w/ other GE members, but his constant lying, etc, its ridiculous!

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

How disappointing Chris. It actually is an us, we've taken on staff. It's hypocritical for you to suggest lying then lie yourself. The reason I left Gundam Eclipse is because I discovered TC lying about waiting on prizes from us.

Nothing actually happened between us. You are covering your back and your involvement at GE. We offered some prizes for a competition that was running over at GE. When the winners started asking when they'd get their prizes, we got the blame with your administrator telling people that we were holding everything up.

When the rest of the forum were made aware of this, you and other staff went into damage control mode and started banning members and deleting threads and posts.

I thought I'd just get that out of the way first.

- - - Updated - - -

Now to address Psychogundam's issue. His claim makes absolutely no sense. I'm sorry to come across as accusatory but I am struggling to come to any other conclusion.

Psychogundam hasn't attacked this particular image to this thread as I believe it is quite telling of the situation. Firstly, we do not have thermometers and I hadn't even heard of a touch free thermometer before this situation.

The packaging shows that these thermometers are cleared for sale by the FDA. The FDA is an American organisation. We don't have it in the UK. This means that they are made for and sold to the US market and aren't approved for sale outside of the US.

Secondly, if you actually look up these thermometers (Hopkins touch free thermometers) you will find them listed for sale on American medical supply stores for $100 each. The claim is that there are 5 there.

This puts these thermometers at being worth more than Psychogundam's order in the first place. It makea absolutely no sense for us to have done this in any way.

Additionally, we have been went additional photographs showing that the box had been cut into with a sharp blade, and we have recieved complaints from Psychogundam that they bottles are plastic rather than glass. He never actually stated why it was a problem, just that he wasn't happy that they were plastic.

Additionally, the location of the cut lines up directly with where the items that are supposedly missing were stored in the box.

Our conclusion is that the box has been cut into enthusiastically not expecting the bottles to be plastic, and number of the 100ml bottles have been damaged in the process.

I have also attached a photo of the box just as it was packed with the waybill (sensitive information of course censored).

image1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

@rxslinger - They would be a very expensive filler product at $100 a pop. If you look up Hopkins Touch free thermometers you will see that they are actually rather expensive. Let me assure you that it's significantly cheaper for us to just pack the paint.

As an addendum, we have had some serious issues over the years specifically relating to shipping and the occasional damage. We have specifically changed from glass to plastic bottles to both ease the cost of shipping, and reduce the incidence of damage.

On top of this we have taken on staff to help deal with the demand as demand was absolutely crazy resulting in 80 hour plus weeks and still not meeting the demand.

We shut down for a while to rebrand and move locations and it's incredibly disappointing that our first major order since reopening and moving has been this one.

I am willing to help Psychogundam out, but the situation as described seems so very far fetched that I need some further information from him which I have requested via email.2017-03-13 18.48.11.jpg
    Last edited by Plamo UK; March 13, 2017 at 3:01 PM.

Super Moderator

LOL Typical response from you, blaming others. I no longer have access to the staff thread on GE, since i quit being an admin, or i'd just copy paste the bs that is your excuses. In fact i think the only person there who was actually on your side was renzo, but even he realized your nonsense when you screwed up his order.

I don't even really have to defend myself, literally anyone can do a search of the tons of posts talking about how bad your service is. Heck, people can even just look at your post history here to see complaints about your service. I could even just go on fb, youtube, reddit, or any other social media sites, and probably bring a bunch of people to this thread who have had bad issues with your service, but that would already be more work than needed.

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

I believe I have responded to the OP. I'm not sure why you're making that claim. It's also quite convenient that you no longer have access to the staff thread. I actually have screen captures of everything that was said, but do we really need to go down that route?

Oh, renzo didn't he get banned for supporting what I'd said as well?

Super Moderator

I removed saying that as you added to your post as i was typing a reply. At the time in which i began typing, you had not updated to actually respond to the OP.

IIR he got banned for constantly defending you publicly. I honestly don't remember if it was me or Tc who did it, but he is now a member on GE again.

My point still stands.

http://gundameclipse.net/topic/5071469/2/#new

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comm...bout_plamo_uk/

eh, i'm not going to keep searching.

Fair enough, I appreciate your retraction. What you've just posted doesn't contradict anything I've said though.

It confirms what I have said already. We have had shipping issues and issues with keeping up with demand. Incidentally the times they took place is when we were getting hundreds of dollars' worth of orders a day.

You yourself have had quite a few orders to which you stated you were happy.

I have openly admitted to having had problems as stated in the threads.

Super Moderator

In your mind, you are never in the wrong, so at this point i'm going to stop replying to you. Anyone reading this can do their own research on your product, which is nice, and on your service, which is abysmal. Delayed shipments, exploding bottles due to not using the right type of packaging, orders showing up with the wrong items in it, etc. It all speaks for itself.

As to my happiness with orders. You delayed at least 2 of my orders. I had an orange bottle arrive exploded. And your primer was terrible.

I haven't said I'm never wrong. Why are you making claims like that again? I've just said multiple times that I've had multiple issues.

I seem to recall delaying an order due to a cold snap in your local state at the recommendation of a shipping company. However, any delays you were told about.

The orange bottle that exploded was also replaced. Any time there was a damaged product, it was replaced on the next order due to the shipping costs to the US, and the unreliability of standard airmail. The primer had adhesion problems, which was discussed publicly too. It was compounded by some people not washing their kits, and other customers tellkng me it was fine. It's very difficult to get customer feedback and take a plan of action when the feedback wasn't consistent.

This is why it was split into plastic and resin primer. The primer never had any reason adhesion issues as long as you removed the mold release.

The plastic primer had an additives mixed in that improved plastic adhesion.

As for things showing up with the wrong items, I can only recall one claim about that from a guy that goes by the name lupes, and I publicly debunked that claim by referencing his order form to a photo he'd shown after he claimed he didn't get everything he ordered.

You seem to be under the impression that I'm saying things that I'm not.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plamo UK View Post
    How disappointing Chris. It actually is an us, we've taken on staff. It's hypocritical for you to suggest lying then lie yourself. The reason I left Gundam Eclipse is because I discovered TC lying about waiting on prizes from us.

Nothing actually happened between us. You are covering your back and your involvement at GE. We offered some prizes for a competition that was running over at GE. When the winners started asking when they'd get their prizes, we got the blame with your administrator telling people that we were holding everything up.

When the rest of the forum were made aware of this, you and other staff went into damage control mode and started banning members and deleting threads and posts.

I thought I'd just get that out of the way first.

- - - Updated - - -

Now to address Psychogundam's issue. His claim makes absolutely no sense. I'm sorry to come across as accusatory but I am struggling to come to any other conclusion.

Psychogundam hasn't attacked this particular image to this thread as I believe it is quite telling of the situation. Firstly, we do not have thermometers and I hadn't even heard of a touch free thermometer before this situation.

The packaging shows that these thermometers are cleared for sale by the FDA. The FDA is an American organisation. We don't have it in the UK. This means that they are made for and sold to the US market and aren't approved for sale outside of the US.

Secondly, if you actually look up these thermometers (Hopkins touch free thermometers) you will find them listed for sale on American medical supply stores for $100 each. The claim is that there are 5 there.

This puts these thermometers at being worth more than Psychogundam's order in the first place. It makea absolutely no sense for us to have done this in any way.

Additionally, we have been went additional photographs showing that the box had been cut into with a sharp blade, and we have recieved complaints from Psychogundam that they bottles are plastic rather than glass. He never actually stated why it was a problem, just that he wasn't happy that they were plastic.

Additionally, the location of the cut lines up directly with where the items that are supposedly missing were stored in the box.

Our conclusion is that the box has been cut into enthusiastically not expecting the bottles to be plastic, and number of the 100ml bottles have been damaged in the process.

I have also attached a photo of the box just as it was packed with the waybill (sensitive information of course censored).

image1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

@rxslinger - They would be a very expensive filler product at $100 a pop. If you look up Hopkins Touch free thermometers you will see that they are actually rather expensive. Let me assure you that it's significantly cheaper for us to just pack the paint.

As an addendum, we have had some serious issues over the years specifically relating to shipping and the occasional damage. We have specifically changed from glass to plastic bottles to both ease the cost of shipping, and reduce the incidence of damage.

On top of this we have taken on staff to help deal with the demand as demand was absolutely crazy resulting in 80 hour plus weeks and still not meeting the demand.

We shut down for a while to rebrand and move locations and it's incredibly disappointing that our first major order since reopening and moving has been this one.

I am willing to help Psychogundam out, but the situation as described seems so very far fetched that I need some further information from him which I have requested via email.2017-03-13 18.48.11.jpg
    Actually they are available out side the U.S. Just because something is approved by the FDA or the EPA does not mean that it can ONLY be sold in the U.S. If you look at the packaging you will clearly see that it is written in multiple languages. The only thing that effects a product by the FDA is that it can be sold to hospitals and Doctors as well as the general public. Also by your argument that if something is approved by the FDA it can not be sold out side the U.S. is proven false by the many things that we sell from the U.S. that are FDA approved. Like say BEEF, or how about we stick to medicine, O.K. did you know that aspirin is approved by the FDA, so you mean to say that in the U.K you don't have aspirin?? Or Coke a Coloa, do you have Coke a Coloa? you do realize that that has to be approved by the FDA, but I guess Coke is only made and sold in the U.S.. The Federal Food and DRUG only studies foods and drugs to make sure that they are not going to either kill you or at least do what they say they are going to do.

Now To psychco gundam: is this a picture that you did not attach to this thread? and can we see a full picture of said thermometer? To be honest, you did start the thread and we have yet to hear anything else from you.Now I'm by no means calling anyone out as lying or anything of the sort, so don't take this the wrong way. It is just in my job I have to look at every side of every story/claim so I do the same in my normal life as well. No one can make or come to a full conclusion of what happen by just one side of a story.

I can see things from both sides here, I have a very unbiased opinion on this topic. I have never heard of this paint company, and I wouldn't know psychco Gundam if he was standing in front of me. LOL. I just want to find the gain of truth in this situation. I can poke a few holes in both accounts, I just want to see if the wholes can be filled with facts or not.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/