Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Plamo UK (BUYER BEWARE!!!!)

Gundammonkey,

My suggestion wasn't that touch free thermometers aren't available outside of the US or that if something Is FDA approved then it can't be sold outside of the USA. What I'm saying is that FDA approval doesn't apply outside of the US as it is made for the US market.

The additional languages don't mean that it's it a is product either. America has multiple languages spoken and would require multiple languages on the packaging.

My main point is that the UK has its own agency that isn't the FDA that certifies medical products for sale and use in hospitals in the UK. Medical products are very stringently tested and the UK has its own organisation for this, the DHSS.

Things like Coca-Cola are of course sold in the UK, but they're not a medical grade product and UK coca cola seems to be actually manufactured in the UK. The same goes for Pepsi. The costs of shopping such things across the Atlantic are greater than establishing a plant here. Plus we don't use corn syrup in soft drinks in the UK so the ingredients list is different. So Us Coca cola is specifically made for the US market.

However, the big issue of the apparent cost of these is really the big issue. Given if you look them up you can see that they retail for $100 a go, and the claim is there there are 5 in the box. It makew absolutely nonsense for myself, or anyone in the chain of delivery would replace paint with items worth more than the paint and now it doesn't make any sense for us to even have electronic thermometers worth $100 a go that are made for the US market.

I do agree with what you're saying and I can see that you're trying to be objective. It's just that this whole situation just makes absolutely no sense.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Just so I can check a box off for my investigation list. Could you please show me one more time where on the thermometer dose it show the FDA mark I don't see anything on the package. Or where it says that it can only be sold in the U.S. and no where else.
    Now on a separate issue, I would have to agree that replacing thermometers with paint dose seem a bit out of the ordinary and a bit on the WTF side of things.

Now onto the paint leaking issues. If the bottles are plastic why was the bottle put so close to the side of the box so that it could be cut? I order almost all of my paint by mail and they always come wrapped so that they stay close to the center of said box. I fully understand that there is product movement during shipping. (I'm the safety Director for a trucking company and I have been in this industry for almost 25 years I understand shipping and the problems that comes with it.) but even in your picture of when the product was shipped, it clearly shows that the paint was right up next to the box sides. I would have a word with my shipping department. That might be the reason the paint came open, or maybe not, but if so then the problem (at least this one) started with the packaging of the product.

I will wait for psycho gundam to reply before I make my own personal judgment.
    I may just order something for myself and see how that goes. My actual name and address is not on this site so it would be a blind purchase. But to be honest I have seen a rather large segment of "bad" reviews, but you (as of so far) have admitted to most of them. So you are not hiding the "bad" in your system.
    So you can see what I'm seeing. Some admittedly do not like your delivery system, yet they speak well of the product itself.

My thoughts on this will have to wait for the now.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

well this thread got interesting. so from what i gather it seems that Plamo UK has a good product but is suffering from shipping problems? either by bad luck or negligence and we don't know witch at this point? the whole thermometer thing is really odd. they do look like what Plamo UK said http://www.hopkinsmedicalproducts.co...e-Thermometer/ and they are expensive. that is really really odd.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Yup now we wait for psycho gundam

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Zaku, We have had shipping problems. Partly to do with an unreliable standard airmail, partly to do with inexperience and a little bit of bad luck.

However these issues were around 5 years ago. We have had an absolute crap load of orders over the years but as it goes it's only really the people with something to complain about that say anything.

Anywhere where there are complaints there tends to be a few people stating that they've had a fine experience. That is by far the usual experience.

Unfortunately we have had people play on the public issues that we've had in the hope of getting something free. This isn't common, it's only happened a handful of times but one such person is lupes on these forums.

The strange thing is that we've had customers such as The Gunplameister who've ordered and had no issues as well as loving the product, get caught up on forum drama and decide that the default experience is bad despite not actually having had a problem.

Or people MVM who have also not had any real issues suddenly jump on a petty bandwagon. There's a lot of drama online.

I have been at fault at times, I haven't actually denied it and have stated quite a few times that keeping up with an explosion of interest almost overnight was incredibly difficult to deal with. Too much demand and inexperience are the two major factors of why there were problems.

Technical issues and bad luck played a much smaller part, though it was one that was noticeable enough.

I forgot to mention - Yeah those are the thermometers I found. I cannot fathom why the OP could continually insist that I actually sent him thermometers which he has been via email. It's an incredibly frustrating situation that really makes no sense. As I said before it makes no sense for any one in the chain of producing, packing and shipping to include items that are worth more than the order in the first place.
    Last edited by Plamo UK; March 13, 2017 at 8:17 PM.

Actually since my name was brought up, I did have issue with ship timing and consistency and adhesion of product.
    I actually gave most or have still new bottles on shelf from then.
    I'm just sitting on side watching for now.

Dave

It didn't seem to stop you from giving quite the positive review though and discussing how much you liked it based on a sample your friend gave you.

Lol evidently you never saw my review video, nor that I paid for order of 8 large bottles from you not given some to try.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that being said I did not bash you in transaction so don't want that out there but was super nice about it. Where I did jump in was the issues that were present and you and I discussed in length even on how to better serve customers. And how to not be breaking laws shipping laquer paint internationally.
    I do hope any and all issues get resolved.

I did, and we've spoken about it before. You told me that your friend gave you some paint in the tall narrow necked bottles and that you preferred them to the squat bottles that I changed to when you bought your own.

- - - Updated - - -

With regards to the paint and damage. The bottles are very hardy. Vigorous cutting isn't an expected situation, at least on my experience. The specific bottles used, I have seen tens of thousands of them shipped in a similar fashion without this specific issue popping up. These weren't paints, it was a different industry product but given they're the same bottles I think it's an accurate representation of the situation the bottles end up in.

I completely understand where you are coming from and take on board what you've said. Your experience sounds invaluable.

The bottles are HDPE, they're very durable and damage resistant with regards to blunt force that would happen due to a drop or crush situation. I never accounted for cutting because I can honestly say it's a method I would have never expected to happen. But based on the image it looks like quite a vigorous slash to get into the box.

The box has been opened upside down however. So the images shown are of the underside of the box.