Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
    Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: LGT PG Astray Red Frame - Custom Paint

For some strange reason that I can't place, I like it. are you going to add smoke on the chest parts as well?

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    For some strange reason that I can't place, I like it. are you going to add smoke on the chest parts as well?
    Yes the chest and its sides will get its own smoke. The idea was the smoke rises from the feet (black parts), waist and up to the chest.

Im really excited to see how this turns out. I think if I was to get a PG it would be a Red Frame.

The smoke is Iooking much better, i would probably finish the rest of the parts your going to smoke and assemble them to see how it all looks together.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris_Aznable View Post
    Im really excited to see how this turns out. I think if I was to get a PG it would be a Red Frame.
    Yes I think red frame should be an interesting build for you if you like that kinda ninja theme gundam and if you like swords.. yes swords.. *drool~*

Quote Originally Posted by rockpopandchips View Post
    The smoke is Iooking much better, i would probably finish the rest of the parts your going to smoke and assemble them to see how it all looks together.
    Thanks for the comments again rockpopandchips and yeb I will but its easier said then done tho.. hehe...

Just sharing more pics now. This is a new piece so it took longer than the previous pcs. 2 hrs to be exact... I have to come up with a new way to get the effect since this is a totally new kind of paint over then previous one. I also assembled the backpack now since I do not intend to so more with it.

Last edited by lgt1977; July 19, 2017 at 9:44 AM.

Doing a smoke effect on a Sazabi would be sick too. I'm trying to build up airbrush skills to at least give my sazabi a gold red and silver red candy coat

Quote Originally Posted by Iris_Aznable View Post
    Doing a smoke effect on a Sazabi would be sick too. I'm trying to build up airbrush skills to at least give my sazabi a gold red and silver red candy coat
    oh~ I bet that sazabi would look really good with that colour plus that smoke effect

Short update..

Seems like midnight works best for me. Today made 3 pcs under and hour so the heels are done. Hopefully by end of this week I complete the entire feet

Last edited by lgt1977; July 19, 2017 at 9:15 AM.

Gorgeous work man. The smoke effect is pretty darn neat. I know at some point I'm going to have to do an Astray. I am a sucker for red and white color schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by dedguy View Post
    Gorgeous work man. The smoke effect is pretty darn neat. I know at some point I'm going to have to do an Astray. I am a sucker for red and white color schemes.
    thanks dedguy for the encouragement

So today I can feel my mojo on and went ahead and completed one side of the feets. Some pics to share

Last edited by lgt1977; July 19, 2017 at 8:18 AM.

Feet are really good!

Feet are really good!
    Thanks again rockpopandchips and today I finally completed all the smoke pieces and assemble the entire body together. Gonna need some touch up a little bit more on the chest piece but all in all I like the overall presentation of the smoke effect

Last edited by lgt1977; July 19, 2017 at 8:05 AM.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Sweet turn out! nice.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

He is looking really very good, are you glossing over and panel lining?

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    Sweet turn out! nice.
    thanks gundammonkey I love your new ride too~

- - - Updated - - -

He is looking really very good, are you glossing over and panel lining?
    Thanks again rockpopandchips. Most of the pieces are already glossy actually. I have already painted a layer of top coat onto the pieces. As for the smoke pieces, I decided to leave it like this since I cant take the change of the pieces underneath cracking as this paint has a tendency to do that. Definitely I will start panel lining soon tho.

So another short update... Have you ever got day where you cannot simple take a pic to save your life? I tried to take some pics today and it was like arrrhhh for an hr or so. Anyway so this build is only left with weapons... and my fav is SWORDS! Yes Swords! So for this build I went the extra mile and gotten another Katana so now I have twice the goodness. I label them the Ying and Yang Katanas. For the sheath I am gonna try smoke red on it long body for effect. Will leave the rifle and shield as it is. Maybe chrome the rile a little but most likely not.

- - - Updated - - -

So guys i got a question. I am going for a weathered & abused look so which looks better?

Last edited by lgt1977; July 17, 2017 at 9:51 AM.

The black almost looks like a nice stone counter top I like it

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk