Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast

LGT Construction Shack (WIP)

Hi all,

happy holidays. Finally after some research I can start building my MG Strike Freedom Gundam!

After opening the box... i found a few things not as advertise. Firstly it is the gold... the gold is not the right gold that I saw on the side of the box.. So I did some research on the best and easier way to get the gold I wanted and I got the gundam gold marker for the job.

So you can see 1 of the legs are painted with the gold marker.

Here is another part that I try painting gold

MG details are amazing and in order to do so MUCH panel lining is crazy.. @_@ so I went to did some research and found that I could use the panel wash technique to help me with the detailing.. so I got myself the Tamiya PAnel line accent colour. This stuff is nuts

Anyway I finish the torso for today. Painted it gold and panel line + wash it.

Effects after covering the body up with armor.. quite like the result so far...

Administrator

Re: LGT WIP Thread

You're using the same method that I used when I built my MG Strike Freedom. I used a Gold Gundam Marker as well to paint the inner frame.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    You're using the same method that I used when I built my MG Strike Freedom. I used a Gold Gundam Marker as well to paint the inner frame.
    You may well be the one that I saw in YouTube painting the strike freedom using gold markers. Anyway you like the outcome right? Since this is my first MG I am not gonna try anything too customize first although I was thinking to paint black and gold...

- - - Updated - - -

Things has taken for the worst... My nippers worn out and the cut it made is bad... Causing a lot of grooves cutting into the plastic... Spent the whole night trying to save the head so I say screw it... Gonna paint the bugger now

Administrator

Wasn't I that you saw on YouTube, but I probably watched the same video that you're talking about. I did like the outcome, I'll say this though. Be careful when handling it. I found that the marker can come off pretty easy.

What happened with the head parts?

That gold (original) is hideous, that's just a yellowy orange with crappy molding.

Wasn't I that you saw on YouTube, but I probably watched the same video that you're talking about. I did like the outcome, I'll say this though. Be careful when handling it. I found that the marker can come off pretty easy.

What happened with the head parts?
    hopefully you can see that the side on this pic is actually ruined... the front face and the back part of this side have a depth difference after all the shaving and sandpaper.. i managed to saved the other sides tho..

on a lucky note the damaged is not so visible unless you went in with a fine comb but I am a perfectionist so that is always gonna bug me even after I completed the project.

I painted some of the parts to gold now so freedom looks kinda cool now. I might change the red parts to metallic blue or gun metal colour... still deciding...

I need to rant tho... Upon closer inspection of the plastic parts I found that almost every colour in the kit there is a 'crumple' on the parts itself like making the parts looks likes it 'rushed' out of production which made me kinda mad since MG kit is not cheap and I expect better quality out of the box..

Maybe it happens on the HG kits but MG magnify this to be noticeable...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wreeper007 View Post
    That gold (original) is hideous, that's just a yellowy orange with crappy molding.
    U r right about crappy molding... see my comment above...

Administrator

Those defects are more common than you think. They occur in about every kit most of the time.

did quite a number of things to customize my build as I went along. Decided that I am going to paint all red parts to gold, gray parts to gun metal and all the dark blue to battleship grey and maybe IF i have time I will paint all white to pearl white but I stop short on changing the head. I like the outcome so far and should be able to finish painting the rest of my dark blue to battleship grey tomorrow *its 2am here now*. Cant wait to see if the final assembly is nice.

Metallic gold inner frame with a slight silver for hydraulics

First attempt to change gray to gun metal. Like the outcome so decided to change all of them.

Upper torso red to gold and dark blue to battle ship grey

Administrator

I think that the grey will go good with the overall color scheme. The grey will tone down the added gold and the gunmetal will offset the grey really well.

I think that the grey will go good with the overall color scheme. The grey will tone down the added gold and the gunmetal will offset the grey really well.
    thanks! I really like the build so far but it really took me alot of time building it and it is still not done ><""

anyway finally assemble it and it looks awesome~!

Some close up and side views.

Sorry guys went a little crazy on the pics bu hopefully u enjoy them as much as I am

Administrator

Looking pretty good. The black vent covers seem to get lost a bit though. And the blue seems out of place a bit. Have you thought about recoloring it to something different?

Nice job. It looks really nice. I agree with the fact that the blue looks a little out of place.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

Looking pretty good. The black vent covers seem to get lost a bit though. And the blue seems out of place a bit. Have you thought about recoloring it to something different?
    The vents looks good under normal room lighting so I guess my photo skills needs to improve more . my plan all along was to bring out the gold from the wing unit so that is y I leave the blue intact. The wing unit would have dark blue to midnight black or metallic black. After that if it doesn't work the I may change the blues to something light grey tone.... Or maybe not. Will cross the bridge when I reach it hehe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bossguy View Post
    Nice job. It looks really nice. I agree with the fact that the blue looks a little out of place.
    Thanks for the encouragement!

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

I like the gray, it is sort of like when the beam armor is powered down or is in the middle of powering up. The gold is coming out really good also. And I don't know if you know this or not but we have a RG group build thread going YOu should add this to the bunch it would really fit in. Lookin' good.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction it is not "beam armor" oops on my part had a brain fart. It is "phase shift armor". please forgive me Oh great Gundam Gods.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    I like the gray, it is sort of like when the beam armor is powered down or is in the middle of powering up. The gold is coming out really good also. And I don't know if you know this or not but we have a RG group build thread going YOu should add this to the bunch it would really fit in. Lookin' good.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction it is not "beam armor" oops on my part had a brain fart. It is "phase shift armor". please forgive me Oh great Gundam Gods.
    Yeb I read the thread but since mine is MG I didn't think if posting there but I will put a post on the RG thread since I got invited

- - - Updated - - -

Tamiya does not have the black I wanted but this semi gloss black looks cool too.

- - - Updated - - -

HELP~

Guys i needs some comments. Do you find the colours of my wing unit does not blend with the gundam? I find the wing unit too outstanding for my taste. I may change the black to white so comments please!