Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920

Re: LGT Construction Shack (WIP)

I'm digging it :3

Quote Originally Posted by Iris_Aznable View Post
    I'm digging it :3
    thanks iris again for the comment.

So I saw legs area that are exposed after I removed the knees so I added some pla-plates to cover those parts and add some spikiness into the legs. I decided to go all sword crazy and gonna add two more swords behind the back.

Another short update.

colour scheme is done. I will stick with blue and shades of blue. So the inner frame will be metallic black (last bottle). Am still trying to figure out which shade of white I want to use (marble white or pearl white) is nice so tomorrow will be spoon time~ I will use silver as the base cost to pull off some metallic blue.

Same as the blue but looking for a deeper blue tone so will be using a black base coat.

Already finish the inner frame. This ink is fantastic!!

Last but not least, update my thread with to page 11 (20 - 11 has pics) now.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Do you use the inks in an airbrush? I haven't used inks yet

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    Do you use the inks in an airbrush? I haven't used inks yet
    Sorry gundammonkey, my kits are all hand painted so I wouldnt know how to answer your question but some inks can be used in the air brush. Not this brand that I've shown in the pic but another call liquitex (https://liquitex.com/Ink/). Look under uses and technique in that link. I am using this ink too and they are fantastic as well.

Another short update.

The darker shades for the legs are done.

- - - Updated - - -

I finish pretty much coating the legs with my silver so I try assembling them pieces together to see the effect.

I like the blue very much but was surprise that the silver blends into the frame. I am pretty much want to use the peal white top coat on the silver but what do you guys think. Just leave the silver alone or add the pearl white?

You must be wonder why the waist area looks so odd... Well its because I feel that it is too short so I decided to elongate it.

Yes it leave me with a whole new problem like finding another bigger waist piece but I think its worth the change. The original looks to short with too heavy top load

I personally like that silver

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

Ok so Silver 1 - Pearl White 0.

Spent the most of the day to find the perfect way to make the waist more... acceptable. So after plowing through all my spare parts, I couldnt find what I wanted until I focus back on my exia and kimaris. It seems these 3 are made for each other as I uses the parts to build these. The pla plates needs to be filled up with more parts. Still finding them... cant find parts that small. Maybe needs to make them up later..

The black marked parts will need to be drilled and hollow out.

Last edited by lgt1977; July 31, 2017 at 10:21 AM.

back with some updates.

the leg parts are painted with shimming blue over the coat of silver.

So the current assembled legs looks like this

With upper body..

I also managed to find a way to better secure the upper torso to the lower torso by modifying a part I found. I made groove into the waist part (the black big part in the pic) so that the body can still rotate easily.

I also managed to glue these two parts together now. So the front part of the waist is... a part done.

I like that color so much

thanks Daltrons for liking the colours so far.

So I have made the waist area darker then the legs. Used the metallic black and paint over with transparent blue and I am please with the result.

The front part of the waist is glue together by 4 different parts to get this shape. There is some glue stain that I caught while taking the picture and was luckily removed before the part took permanently damaged.

Another pic to test out the shape and see if the lighter and darker colours blends.

So I also glued the waist area with the ball extension with the lower leg frame to give it more stability. While waiting for the glue to set I tinker around the sword pieces to see if I make something to hold them together but also able to release them for other poses. The spare parts to the rescue again as I use the rubber parts of the Helmwige cut them a little and they slot nicely into the hole. the piece on the left is being glue together so the two swords can be connected to the rear of the helmwige.

Comming along great.

I like the waist more now that it's painted

Quote Originally Posted by rockpopandchips View Post
    Comming along great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daltrons-counter-attack View Post
    I like the waist more now that it's painted
    Thanks RPC and Daltron for your comments

Have more time on my hands today and I immediate started work on the sword and complete the waist part.

The waist part is done with the two new attachments. Looks very much like a fantasy medieval armor now.

So I enhanced the exia dark matter's sword a little more with metallic black and painted the edges with copper

I painted the sword handle black first but I guess I will add some more colors to it later. I did a small patch of smoke design on the sword body using pearl paint. Its not really showing in the pic. The light reflection is too much.

I also tinker more adding more parts onto the sword handle. At the moment I am looking for a more "sunny" angelic kind of feel to the sword. So I added some parts from the burning gundam and the red piece is a cut out of the leg from Barbatos. I will try to get the two burning flame rotatable so it can be closed when secured together with the other sword.

I like that copper

Spare parts to the rescue again. Rather than using pla-plates to just covered the gap I added more details by recycling the hose area of the inner hand of the kimaris.

The gluing of the front waist is almost complete.

I also started work on the 2nd sword. This time the material make up of the sword is more... stone. So its is gonna have a lot of rough surfaces an gagged edges and what not that I will be throwing in later.

- - - Updated - - -

Just 1 pic update today.

Managed to paint the hoses on the leg details in one of the above picture and drill a through for the waist area. Now I am thinking should I cut away the bottom half of the two new pieces now attached by a stick in the pic or tit it at an angle and leave the pieces intact...

Anyway used another HG to compare the current height of the Helmwige. It is at least about a head height higher now.