Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Re: LGT1977 MG Impulse Gundam Custom Paint

Like the colours. I hear yang about paint causing fitment issues. Sometimes I don't wanna paint them at all... they just look so much better painted

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
    Like the colours. I hear yang about paint causing fitment issues. Sometimes I don't wanna paint them at all... they just look so much better painted
    I hear yah bro. Thanks for the encouragement. Off topic, I still have a banshee that I am still reluctant to build after I have completed two of his bros lol.. They have so much parts and they are making me dizzy...

Uhhh... yea... parts. Lots of them. 50 something runners worth... nevermind the P-Bandia weapons kit...

My LHS has one of the Extreme Burst Destinu Gundams on display, built by one of the owners friends, it's just flat coated... but what a MS..
    Last edited by Banshee; December 14, 2015 at 11:50 PM.

Managed to find some time to clear coat the parts and I like the result although the results are not really showing on the pics I took tho... Not sure if it is the lighting or something.. Anyway I will try taking again later and update if necessary. I like the blue so far. First coat result still have 2 more coats to go.

- - - Updated - - -

ok the blue is done. not a bad day's work

- - - Updated - - -

finally kick into production mode and complete the legs and semi finish the waist area. I was having a hard time deciding if I want to paint the feet purplish or go with my own inner frame blue after some tinkering I decided the blue would blend in nicer to the overall frame.

I really like this kit. Compare to other kits that I have painted on this kit maneuverability is amazing. Even after painting it can still move as per it intended design.

I am really thinking of making a lighting box or buy an off the shelf now to enhance the pictures I am taking..

I must admit. The legs in this pic looks sexy...

Like I mention on the movement. The pistons which I have painted silver and foots still move like intended.

Ok here is some more updates. Completed the torso and head but not to my expectations to be honest. I expected the color combo to be wow rather than meh when I put it them together. Hopefully it's becoz all the pieces are not totally together fit together yet.

Finished product will always say more. Love that blue btw.

Finished product will always say more. Love that blue btw.
    thanks Banshee for your encouragement. The blue is my custom titanium blue which I thought would be cool for this build but I may have tried too hard to include too many of the blues that I experiment with....

It will always be a learning experience. That's what I have found out. All those plastic model cars I built so many years ago could have never prepared me for Gunpla.

Here is another small update. The plane part is done. The colors made the plane looks very slick which is s added surprise

- - - Updated - - -

ok oh shit! I lost a finger!

Here is my last few updates for my force impulse gundam custom paint before I moved him to my completed thread.

Almost done with the kit with only left the sword and the shield to 'do'. I need the bros advice. Should I custom paint them or leave them in their original colours. To me the original colour looks beautiful (especially for the sword) and all I need is just to clear coat them. Maybe just a black handle would do but I am still exploring ideas.

Coming back to my kit, the overall presentation comes together nicely with the blues and the silver. Although my photographing skills still needs work I believe I achieve what I set out to do for this kit. To come up with a kit that I dont relay on dark colours to make the kit stand out like my shin musha. So I chose custom titanium blue with custom peal/metallic blue for the inner frame to give it a 'glow in the dark' kind of effect. Although this is a great kit to work with, the movable parts are insanely a lot. Material wise, some of the parts breaks apart too easily especially the wings when I clear coat them.... I break every movable parts I can break for my wings... I guess the age of this kit stands out and hopefully the new revived force impulse will far better for custom painters like me.

Finished product is really nice. It all makes sense, I'm in love with that dark blue.

For the swords, I'd be inclined to paint them. What colour I have no clue, maybe a clear pearl, or clear silver. Definately bring out some of the details on them.

Here is my last update on this thread for my force impulse gundam. Basically my last entry will be for my sword that I custom paint with silver and candy pink. I went with candy pink to create a much bigger beam effect on the blade and since it is long the effect pulls through.

I have re-enforce the shield with some silver together with some haba nero (that red btw) and yellow jacket for the cross to keep the gundam shield feel.

I will have better pictures and hopefully more poses in my complete thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- End ---------------------------------------------------------------

Local Hobby shop just received a MG Destiny.. that sword makes me want it... lol

Local Hobby shop just received a MG Destiny.. that sword makes me want it... lol
    thanks bro for the comment.

we keep thinking alike lol. Actually the next kit in line is my MG Destiny extreme blast mode..
    Last edited by lgt1977; January 18, 2016 at 9:24 PM.

Oh man.. one of his customers built one for display at the store. I'd love that version of the Destiny. 1 HUGE problem, real-estate is becoming an issue here with another PG unicorn waiting in the wings. Between RC and Gundam.. my basement is becoming a museum. Lol.