Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950 LastLast

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Hostile Frontiers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Skies Above XF-005

"I'll give them this, they certainly are tenacious if nothing else." LaForge said over private comms about the triple SSS as he watched Susan come in with one suit and then leave with another with only the Excelsior, he and his men were still flying above keeping an eye on things.

"That they are." Geraldson agreed. A comms officer then grabbed his attention showing him some info they'd found from the bases files. "Capital. He said looking it over, it was the location of a weapon in their base, the real target of this mission." he got on Union local comms and said; "We have the info we were looking for Hommel, you can stop the sweep now, we're forwarding all ground teams the locations where we can't damage. I don't want this weapon we're supposed to secure captured, aside from that the base can take a bit of damage, use that to your advantages as you see fit." he ordered, "That said try not to make too much of a mess either."

Groundside XF-005

Thomas blocked more incoming fire, then returned a few shots at the RX-78-4, as they continued their plan to push forward for cover. "They'll probably see the plan to flank them coming." thomas said gritting his teeth. "This mother fucker is a bit annoying I must concede." he said as warning buzzers blared as his beam defenses over heated. "Okay, get over there now."

"Roger." Boone said as they made it to the side hall, "Good work kid."

Thomas fired another one of those beam copies in hopes of crashing the RX-78-4's systems it dodged though. "They enter the other hall?"

"Seems that way, we should split here, I'll give chase around this way, you go deeper in and try to see if they're heading around?"

"You're giving the orders now?" Boone asked, he liked the plan.

"Suggestions, like the admiral said, on the ground you're in charge." Thomas said, he was coming to respect Boone and respected the admirals orders, Boone laughed.

"Go," Harris said taking half of their force deeper in, meanwhile Thomas and the other half popped out, the G-lines were waiting, he fired a few shots taking out the heavier ones before ejecting the tricky pack and heading in with a beam saber stabbing a light armor one, meanwhile one of the Rosette's put a beamhawk though another as they rounded the corner ready to do their pincer manuver.

-------------------------------------

Ginsis

"Sir it seems their leadership has been crippled, their lines are beginning to buckle completely now."

"Good work Nova." Lance complemented. "Martian forces, you now have the upper hand, Commander Nordschleife the battle is now under your command, kill the terrorists, capture them. We'll render assistance as needed."

"Cap you think this will come to bite us in the ass?" Jensen had fired his last round and then began pulling back disaseembling the giant Steyr IWS 2000 he'd been using from the roof.

"It could." there'd been collateral Lance knew, it didn't please him but he wasn't angry about it things happened in war, he was bugged by it, but he realized it was the reality of it The cold calculus. Father wondered why I have a distaste for leadership. "If it does, I'll remind the martain government that Mars owes it's good chunk of it' successful independence movement to me." he replied "Selling earth out from under it's self wasn't completely altruistic." he sympathized with the Martains to some degree since the outset of the rebellion, but the reason for his turn wasn't just motivated by that but impeding Jackson, and whoever was with, or puppeting him plans. "Everyone headback at your own discretion, resupply we'll pull back a bit. Med bay how is our new arrival?" he asked of the colonel.

"Heavy injuries, several broken limbs, he's out cold. We're prepping surgery now."

"Keep him sedated, do what needs done. Make sure he stays put."

The doctor sighed "I think Bob managed to do that part for me, he won't be fully mobile in awhile."
    Susan swapped machines at a brisk pace, in less than three minutes she was heading back into the battle.
    Meanwhile, rest of the clones where dispatching the enemy suits. Two of the clones attacked a Ground GM and it's two G-line allies. They used the rapid speed of the twin reactor Gullinburstis to close the distance and fire their beam rifles at their targets. One of the G-Lines got hit in the head, taking the head unit clean off. The GM brought it's shield to bear in order to protect it's cockpit. The high power beam rifle had no trouble cutting it right through, the shot going right into the GM's reactor, causing it to explode. The explosion through up snow and dirt, blinding the third enemy unit. As it stumbled around, trying to get it's bearing, a pink light emerged from the snow cloud. In instant, the G-line was cut in half by one of the clones.

Graham and Lukas where fighting outnumbered, but certainly not outgunned against their attackers. They had taken out another G-line and Lukas was locking his beam lance with the 78s beam saber.

This guy is actually competent. Must be a veteran of the last war. I hope Susan get back soon, it just not the same with out her.

(OOC: You can handle the 78-5 anyway you want Dom)

XF-005

As Thomas rounded the corner two G-lines opened up, reacting quickly he held out his arm and began spinning his beam saber, holding the shots at bay for now, warning's flashed in his cockpit as the beam's strength began to disrupt as the beam shots of the G-Line's rifles hit it. "Take them out." he said to the Rossettes who popped out from behind him to either side of him and opened fire both of their shots struck true going though the cockpits of the G-lines, but the Rosette on the right was taken out by a shot fired right as his own was. "Shit." he mumbled under his breath. "Push on. Boone how are things up ahead."

"Radar readings nothing more, he's getting close, he probably knows you're behind him now, be careful." Boone said.

"Will do, we should meet them at roughly the same time it looks like." Thomas said, Harris would be there a few seconds before hand. Boone came in and met the RX-78-4 head on with his beam saber ready, behind the RX-78 though the G-line's readied to meet Thomas, with the RX-78 using boone as a sheild to seprate the fight into two sides.

"Clever. Hommel, my guys are stuck, can't get to him without shooting me, so all his back up will be focused on you." Boone radioed in as he clashed.

"Rodger." Thomas said readying his beam rifle. If only the tricky pack wasn't over heating earlier as it stood in it's most basic form the G-Self was sparsely armed, no shield, no extra systems just a beam saber and a rifle and the vulcans. "Okay there's only three of us left, form up behind me, I'll do the beam saber shield again, the two of you go above me when I say go. You first Johnson, once he starts to fall you'll then go Giles, copy?"

"Loud and clear we'll follow your lead." they came around the corner and the G-Self began to spin it's saber again blocking incoming fire as they came in.

"Go!" Thomas said as warnings blared over his comms, the first Rosette jumped, firing at the left G-Line and after it began to fall, the second jumped using the one below him as a spring platform to push them both of the way of the G-line's fire, he fired at the right and final remaining G-line a few times taking it out narrowly missing the missiles it fired as he began to fall from the apex of his jump. "Excellent job." as that happened Boone had kneed the RX-78-4 knocking it back and taking the chance to fire a beam into it's legs, Thomas took the opportunity to stab it though the side of the chest as it recovered. "You alright?"

"Fine, where'd you come up with that formation?" Boone asked him.

Thomas shrugged inside the cockpit not that anyone could see it "Just came to me." he replied.

"Good work either way kid. All teams report, what's your status?" Boone asked before ordering his guys to set up a perimeter in the area.

"We've cleared out our section mostly," Sergei's voice came over the comms, his Tierren team having made quick work of anyone who stood in their way in spite of the age of their own MS.

--------------------------------------

Ginsis

"Begin pulling us back, see you back at Base Guzman." he said to the captain of their other ship as he noticed his Buster Dagger land on it. Lance sighed the mission was successful but it didn't bode well to him either way. Right as the peace talks really begin to accelerate, someone's kicking the hornets nest behind the scenes. None of these terrorists groups have been this ballsy not since the outset of the decade conflict. It was only one new piece on a heaping pile of evidence he already had, but the pattern was there You or whoever you work for have been busy Chancellor. he thought standing up. "Francis you have the bridge. Good work everyone, seems that the Highway Stars restoration and first mission on it's feet again has gone well." he said leaving and heading towards the hangar.

"I'm surprised that no one has brought up or asked where I've been this whole time," Tumbili said from inside the hangar on the Highway Star. "Must be because I've mastered the ability of standing so incredibly still that I become invisible to the naked eye. Which reminds me," he stated as he reached into a duffel bag that he pulled out of nowhere in particular and brought out a hamburger puppet that resembled the burgers in the opening of the Old Earth movie Good Burger, "This episode of Mobile Suit Gundam: Hostile Frontiers is brought to you by 'Bernie's Burgers.'" The hamburger puppet's mouth moved as Tumbili spoke. "They're to die for."

Hangar

"Must of been because you weren't eating peanuts, they'd of given you away." A mechanic joked.

Tumbili threw the hamburger puppet at the mechanic. "You don't get to do that!"

(OOC: Gonna make a DM executive Call that Nova is in the Hangar since it wasn't mentioned one way or the other)
    Lance entered the Hangar "Nova," he called from the top section of the hangar, "I need to talk to you for a minute about a mission I'm planning." Lance said.

The mechanic just laughed and went about his business. "I need to finish this up."

"Yes, sir," Nova responded and followed Lance.

"Thanks," Lance said "I need you to iron out a small team say two other people to go on a bit of a mission with me and Izra, with things heating up there's business he needs to take care of to make sure there aren't any interruptions from his old group, I figure it'd probably be best for insurance, normally I'd give this job to Jensen or do it my self, but seeing as soon as we land I'll be inundated with every Martian ranking officials very gripping concerns about the battle that just passed he'll need to monitor our other operations and Katarina will be busy with Bob's prisoner he brought aboard. I'll leave the choices for them upto you, just make sure they're a bit subtle these types of people we're dealing with are real cloak and dagger, I don't know how they'd react to anyone too eccentric."

He grinned a bit of a weak grin "Sorry I'm kind of shoveling work onto you, but you've been here longer than the others, and I trust your judgement on this sort of thing. This fight threw a wrench in my day planner."

The 78 and Lukas continued their duel. Despite having a better reaching weapon, the 78 pilot was better swordman than Lukas. He soon found himself on the defense. The electrical cracking and hizzing from the blades as they collided was deafening to anyone out side the machines.

"Shit, you are actually making me work out. Not an average mook are ya?" Lukas tried to perform an low horizontal slash, but the 78 had no trouble avoiding the attack. With a one slash, Lukas lost his staff.

Quickly realizing the levity of the situation, Lukas used his backpack to jump backwards. As he landed, he looked over to Graham who was struggling with two G-Line suits.

The 78 prepared to lung at Lukas when suddenly, a beam shot hit it's torso from the side. The suit stumbled to the ground, but somehow managed to move forwards. Another shot came and destroyed the suits legs. As the torso crashed to the ground, third shot destroyed the generator. A green and red explosion rocked the battlefield. Lukas turned his gaze to the sky. It was a black Gullinbursti. Susan had arrived at the knick of time. Wasting no time, she took down the remaining G-Lines with accurate shots.

"Yo, Suzie, Thanks for the assist. Came at the right moment."

"You both ok? Came in as soon as I could."

"Yea, we both OK. I'm contacting Commander, and ask further orders."

Mizvec received Grahams call and requested orders from the Admiral.

"Take it easy, we'll be down shortly. Sergei, I want your team to confirm our prize down there." the Admiral said when asked for orders, he then turned to the comms officer "Any chatter about the martian forces on radio?"

"Not much involving us, they're too distracted about that attack in Ginsis."

Leave it to the chairman to make such a smooth running plan. Geraldson thought "Oh well this base is still ours technically the martians have no claim to it, we filed our flightplan with their air security agency, so they knew it was happening." it would likely set some on edge but not enough to incite anything, this attack however. He really is gonna do it. he thought as they began descending, La Forge's Jolly Rodgers had landed. as they came down towards the base's now open entry ramp for the ship.

Chapter 6: Perfect Strangers

Early the Next Morning

Ginsis

The sun wasn't quite up this morning yet as Lance stood few hundred yards away from the Hangar where the Highway Star was being stored at the Military airfield near the City, He had a long coat over a more subdued suit than his usual garb instead of the mask he just wore some large glasses and his hair framed more around his face. Standing there in view of the few people working he felt exposed. A few short years and the mask feels more like my face than the real deal. he thought shaking his head, he checked the time before sending out word via a call to his comms officer to get Izra, Nova and her candidates for the mission there (OOC: You can pick them twitch or I can I'll leave it upto you).

Ginsis Military Hospital

"Any ID on him yet?" Katarina asked as she walked past the four guards stationed outside, she thought it was over kill but the martians insisted.

"Nothing, all we have to go off of is what your man said." the doctor said "His condition is stable. We can wake him up at any time, I don't suggest it medically speaking." he said, but as a Martian, Katarina knew that he wanted blood as much as the rest of them. So did she, as much as she distanced herself from Mars and Ginsis in particular it was still her city, and she was going to be damned if she didn't get answers.

Katarina sighed "If what Bob says is true, Jupiter has finally gotten britches too big for their own good." she had no reason not to believe bob but she was hoping that there was some sort of mess up, crossed wires in his addled brain, something but he seemed sure, not just sure but not his typical out of balance self when he was talking about this guy. Less than stellar timing if it's happening now. she thought annoyed. "Bring him out of it, I want answers."

"I will, it'll be slow but he should be up within a few minutes, half hour at most." the doctor said sticking a second needled into the IV that was bringing in saline to keep him hydrated, it'd wake him up was unjarringly as possible given his several broken bones. "I will say this, for him to survive being man handled and picked up by a Mobile suit after being flung around like that from the previous fight, is rather remarkable. If I didn't know better I'd say your man was trying to keep him alive."

"I almost guarantee he was." Katarina replied sure it was the case, bob despite anything else she may think was one hell of a pilot, moreover he gave the whole choice to Lance. She's since reviewed the battle logs from the Highway Star multiple times and she was worried by a few things bob was saying before hand Almost seems like he replaced his old master with a new one. Lance. Loyalty is one thing but, this level is worrying. a few of the mercs had been more loyal than she expected Lance had that effect on some but still she didn't expect to see it. Maybe I'm just Paranoid. Well there isn't much of a maybe too it I am. but it was her job to be that way when needed.

*Izra was busy whistling random notes together as he entered Ace*

"...Well, Ace. It's time." said Izra, "Gonna make this easy?"

"The hell I will." replied the AI, applying a second layer of locks for one particular storage section

"Then this is your fault. Al'iifraj ean almalak." spoke Izra, at which point Ace's main AI unit shut down and all locks were released, "Could've made it easy...."

*Izra shrugged, he knew exactly why Ace did what he did, it was one of the few things he could manage with his suit. As he pulled the floor panel up and out of the way he reached down and pulled out a black wood crate that had seen better days*

...Cannot believe I'll be wearing this again.... thought Izra to himself as he stripped down and then opened the crate. His main race suit was bright red and white, this suit was all black and looked more like leather armor than race suit, when he zipped it up and clicked everything into place he reached back into the crate and pulled a hover board that was half the size of his race board and put it to the side, he pulled out another layer of studded armor, more of a hooded jacket and put it on, fastening the straps together, making sure each piece was put on in the correct order, Izra couldn't help but reminisce about his past, I did like the uniform. Never felt uncomfortable in it, rather....feels like I'm heading home for the first time in years. Heh, well, from a certain point of view I suppose I am...., he strapped his throwing knives and flachettes to his old suit then pulled out a bow and quiver, strapping it to his back, he put his 1911 in a back holster and left it hidden from view by the jacket as he also made sure his war golok was firmly in place below his sidearm, he fixed his gloves and then put his mask on, it was all black with red lines that went over the eyes, it had a rebreather, radio, and HUD installed that activated as he put the mask on and pulled up his hood, he stretched a bit to familiarize himself with his old gear then stepped on the hover board and switched it on to a near silent activation, it was a board designed for stealth then speed and meant to be ridden horizontal rather than vertical, Izra did a final once over and headed for the exit before saying in a lower voice thanks to the mask, "'Iitlaq sarah."

*with that Izra silently rode out of Ace fully geared up*

"Looks like I'm the masked one for this mission." said Izra as he rode silently next to Lance, "Truth be told, I've missed my old uniform. Don't let the quiver fool you, arrows they may be but normal they are not."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Bob had gotten bored of walking around looking for Jen, that and he got side tracked by everything else going on around him. (He has a hard time staying on focus) He soon forgot why he was walking around and found other things to do or buttons to push.

“Not sure how much I like this place. Not a single red button to be found so far.”

Bob was in bed when a sharp pain in his head woke him up. Something or someone was yelling for him to get up and come quickly. He tried to shake it out of his head but it would not budge. So he sat for a moment just listening to the yelling, then he realized he knew the voice.
    Jumping out of bed he threw on whatever clothing was laying around, hopping down the hall still putting his boots on (Two different boots).

“I’m coming Buddy, Hold on I’m on the way!!”

The voice was Buddy, something was wrong and he was calling Bob.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the hanger.

Bobs suit was standing in his hanger bay as a few of the crew were helping Bob by welding and repairing Buddy. They were also finishing the paint job, Bob had a full color drawing of his plan that they were following.
    One of the crew was working by the cockpit hatch fixing the seal when the hatch opened. He had inadvertently hit the latch, and Bob had not locked it down in his haste to find Jen last night.

The man looked inside thinking that it was just another cockpit, but he knew from the rumors that Bob had built this one. He wanted to see just how different or the same it was.
    As he stepped into the space he was taken back by the amount of room he had inside. Most cockpits were tight to say the least, but this one was almost empty save for a padded chair in the center, it looked like a reclining chair more like the kind you would find in the lounge rather than the cockpit of a MS. There were a few controls but nothing like he had seen in other MS. There were two “joy sticks” one on either side of the chair, but no peddles or screens. No other real controls that he was accustom to seeing in a MS cockpit. The room was a full circle, or more the inside of a ball. It was a spherical chamber with a small plank that led to the chair.
    Curiosity got the better of him and he walked into the chamber and sat in the chair. As soon as his weight hit the seat the Joysticks shot into his hands and the shoulder, backrest, and the lower section all wrapped around him. His shoulders were held to the chair and his arms were wrapped into the arm rests with the joystick firmly in his hands. His legs were encased in what could only be called padded boots. Then a helmet came from behind the chair and tried to go onto his head.
    Then then crewman looked up and saw the helmet coming down and tried to pull away. The thing looked more like a torture device than a helmet. There were wires coming out of it leading to the back of the chair and the inside, that is what scared him the most. He started to struggle and try to pull himself out of the chair. He started to scream for help, not sure but hoping that someone anyone would hear him.
    The chamber went dark as the hatch closed, then the entire room lit up. The walls were the screens. The crew man stuttered in his screams for help looking around trying to find a way out of his predicament when he realized what this was. Bob had a full 360 view. It was like the chair was floating in the air. The plank retracted into the walls and the entire chamber was a complete sphere.
    But the crewman still wanted out. He wanted out before that helmet touched him.
    The helmet was trying to follow the movements to match up with his head, it kept coming down. Slower than before, but still lowering itself towards him.

Bob came running into the hanger pushing people out of the way getting to Buddy. He ran up the scaffolding to the cockpit section and started to hit the keypad, he was trying to remember the new code to open the hatch and not having very much success.
    Speaking loud enough that a few crewmen close by could hear him, but he kept his voice mostly down and quiet.

“Buddy open up man! That is not me and you know it. Now stop this crap and open up. He is not ..what? No he is not…let him out..I will deal with him in my own way…NO I WOULD NEVER….OK there was that one time but that was different. I don’t think he is stealing you……Yes he will live…OK buddy let me in or him out either one come on….I don’t think the Captain would like that…don’t you dare….Just open up and let me get him out of there.”

The hatch finally released and opened up. Bob ran in and helped the crewman up out of the chair.
    Bob took the man’s head in his hands and looked him the eyes. Getting close to the crewman Bob’s whole demeanor and face changed. The weight and severity of his next words sent chills down the spine of the crewman.

“By all that you know and love..you saw nothing in here. There was nothing here out of the ordinary. You WILL never speak of this to anyone. If word of your “little tour” gets spread around there is only one person who said anything ….and it an ’t gonna be me. Don’t make that mistake. Don’t be “That guy” got it? Things….things can happen, and I might accidently let Buddy finish what he wanted to start. Trust me, I don’t think you want to be goopy in the head. It’s not fun.”

With that Bob escorted the man out of the hatch. Outside people looked confused, but unfussed as to what was happening. It was Bob after all, he dose weird stuff all the time to begin with, so this was nothing new. Life in the hanger soon went back to normal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginsis Military Hospital

Colonel Marcov started to come around, it felt like every part of his body had been run over by a truck twice. He kept still and his eyes closed, just trying to listen to what was going on, or who was around him. He wanted to try and figure out as much, limited as it was, information about his current situation.
    He knew that he was being held, that damn 0630B actually got the better of him, again. That pissed him of more than being held here.

He was very careful with his movements he didn’t want to alert whoever was around that he was awake just yet. He wanted to see if he could get a small feeling for the people in the room or not. That turned out to be a bad idea, he tried to crack his eyes open just enough that he could look around without really opening them. That little movement sent a shock of pain through him, not much but it took him by surprise enough that he took a sudden gasp in pain, and a small groan escaped him. Any attempt to hide that he had been awake was just lost.

S**t well that was a wasted effort. Now, well, hell I just have to go with it and see what we have to deal with.

Marcov bit into the pain and opened his eyes. The bright lights of the room hurt a first, but his eyes soon adjusted. There was a women in the room. It looked like she was talking to some medical personnel, she held herself like she owned the room. Anyone with half a brain could see she was the one in charge.

Well if I have to be questioned or held I could do worse, she is definitely....Keep in your pants, she is here to get information not a date...but still.... Wonder if I could work this one around to my way…Calm down cowboy. Let her start, let her think she is in control. Play the game.

Biting the pain again, Marcov pushed himself up a bit, trying to get into a better seated position so he could look at everyone in the room. That was also another mistake. The pain almost made him pas out again. Instead he just raised his head and looked around.

"Well good-morning to you all. Shall we get this show started? But I digress, I should after all let the lady go first. I'm nice like that."

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Back at Alexandria, Mizvec was going over the after mission reports, when he was interrupted by one of his mechanics.

"Sir, we have finished our preliminary analysis on the Epyon."
    The man pulled out an datapad with the full schematics of the suit in view. "The lower body has received roughly 36 percent of excess wear to its components, it's expected life expectancy is in the range of 500 to 700 flight hours. The upper body and the wings structures however have suffered over 120 percent of excess wear. We calculated that under any combat conditions, the upper body would tear it's self apart in matter of minutes. Susan made a good call in returning it back to base."

"I see. You know what has caused the intensive wear on the suit?"

"Most likely subpar bolts. seals and hasty construction. The Epyon has a very delicate frame compared to pretty much any other mobile suit. The Armor is pretty much the toughest a non super alloy can produce, but it was exceedingly expensive. Not suitable for mass production at all."

"All right. See what you can do about it now. If things look worse than expected, well send it to the Mother Ship." The mechanic saluted and left. Mizvec continued reading the reports and watching through the combat cam footage.

Impressive work all around. Even Susan is getting back into the groove. She is feisty, but at least she knows when to give her all. I'm just wondering how long Doktor will keep her around......The new pilot should be ready soon, well as the new suits.....

"Seems so." Lance said about the mask comment. "Some areas here on Mars the mask is more of a giveaway than my own face would be." he replied with a chuckle.

Hospital

"Seems you've found your manners." Katarina said implying an attack on the city was a bit impolite. "So for the record who are you?" she knew he was from Jupiter but didn't have a name yet aside from Colonel. She wanted to see how truthful he'd be about this. "Aside from the Earth nationalist spiel we heard during the attack from your superiors."

- - - Updated - - -

Alexandria MS Hangar Docked in XF-005

"Everything is Nominal. But at this rate I'm afraid we're going to have to overhaul everything again or move my core to a new machine." Blackstar said as Boone was in the process of checking though the Hyaku Shiki B.

"I'm inclined to agree this time." He'd been using the suit since aquiring it near the end of the war, it cost a fortune but he mostly bought it for Blackstar not wanting to part with the AI who made for a solid partner. Blackstar meanwhile had been urging a move to another suit for the better part of two years.

"I'm glad to see you're finally swayed. Constant fighting has torn my body up. So to speak. On screen are a list of suitiable MS types. Some of which we can even salvage here. My highest recommended unit for a holdover would be this." on screen a Heavygun full equipment type appeared on screen. "The internal computer system should allow my core to plug in with minimal modification. It's maneuverability is comparable to our current unit and it's firepower and hardpoint set up allow for a wide range of mission types, though transportation of said extra equipment will require us to reevaluate our transportation after this mission." he replied "We can salvage one from here according to the logs of what was left behind and what the mercenaries had here."

"After this job. I don't know if there'll be another." he thought, "I'm thinking about making this one more permanent if the kid will hire me on that. There's enough leeway in Earth Union law that a country can handle their own military personnel hirings."

"Seems you just admitted I was right for the second time today."

Boone shook his head "Not in so many words, but something like that. I'll go check on that suit and see if they'll let it go. It's old surplus and I'm sure they'll want this thing more than it."