Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Hostile Frontiers

"Well. To be fair, my mask isn't standard issue League attire. What with my face being public knowledge, there was some fear that the hood could be pulled off and blow my cover. Most people who lay eyes on this uniform usually end up dead, they're the League of Assassin's after all." explained Izra, "Still. Didn't think I'd miss wearing this as much as I did. It's far more comfortable than my race suit. Even with all the extras added on. Both suits were given to me by the League too, so it's weird to me. Haven't used the bow in years, hopefully my aim is still true."

*he was riding around, getting used to it all again*

"Board ain't fast, but damn if it ain't quiet." he said, "Thanks by the way. Don't know what to expect so going back with some useful people is taking some of the pressure off. Leave any member of the League to me when we run into them though.....You or your people kill a member of the League, it's blood for blood. I have some leeway in that regard. Wounding them shouldn't be a problem, I'll just deal the finishing blow. It'd mean I technically finished them, there's some room to argue about League law."

(ooc: he's riding the board like how green goblin rides his goblin glider)

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Marcov looked at her for a long minute before speaking, looking for any type of tell, so he could judge as to which direction to go. He settled on a mix, after seeing absolutely nothing from her.

Straight to the point, a hard ass, not gonna sway her with words. She is wound a bit too tight for that, seen her type before, they only respond to a stronger authority, or the back of the hand. Either option is out of the question right now, no thanks to him. I will enjoy watching him squirm and cry like a little girl when I give him back to the laboratory to finish the trials. On with the games, give her just enough truth that they will believe the rest. Then get 0630B out of here, sorry honey but gonna need to liquidate you and the hole crew. Might keep the ship though, it would make a nice addition to my personal fleet. Too bad for her, her loss it could have been fun. Such a waist, you could have been a fun distraction, but I have to wrap this thing up with no lose ends. If I can get word out to my unit, they can send out a team and take care of this nice and quietly. Got to end this cat and mouse game here and now.

“Well my lady, I’m a man who wears many hats, so to speak. But serf ice to say I have not been informed as of yet. Am I a prisoner or a person of interest? Either one is wrong by the way.

But, for the record I’m Colonel Nathaniel Markov of the Jupiter Military, as for what section and branch that is classified. But I am able to tell you that I was on mission. You have in a way helped me, and for that I do thank you. I was deep under cover infiltrating that group of dissidents trying to get the “Head of the Beast” if you will. I was close, but that “mission” was unplanned and it happened to fast for me to get word out before it happened. Your taking me has facilitated my extraction without blowing my cover. Although the method of extraction, well it leaves a lot to be desired. I will have to insist on requesting a parlay with the ship’s Captain so I get my intel out to my command.
    That is one of the Hats that I ware, the other is secure and seizure of assets and persons of interest…..I collect enemies of the state and or escaped convicted prisoners. A State sanctioned bounty hunter so to speak.
    You are harboring a wanted man in your crew, a very dangerous man at that. Granted I was not ready to find him, nor did I have my extraction team with me and I underestimated him. Hell he wasn’t even on my radar, sort of a target of opportunity. Be that as it may, I must insist that you release him to me upon conclusion of this…this whatever you call it that we are having.
    I warn you he has killed many times before and he will do it again. Now that he knows I’m here to collect him, everyone on this ship is now in danger. He must be apprehended and held, for your safety. His record shows that he kills just to watch people die. He has no reason, never has, he just like to watch death. I warn you take prisoner 0630B into custody immediately.”

Hanger bay:

Bob got the crewman safely out to the hanger and went back into his suit. Bob went back and got back inside.

“OK Buddy now what? The Captain said to bring him back alive. I know ….I don’t want to go back either….yes I thought of that…but I don’t think they would find that as fun as you and I would….ya it might be time to do that again but…really?....Do you really think they would stand up for us like that? I really hope that they would, but we have to think that they would be like all the others.. This sucks I like the Captain. He is the first one to treat us like normal people. He even talked to me, it was almost like a friend thing, you know not like the other ones. This time we didn’t have to kill him like 1000 times before he was nice to us. I think he actually sort of likes us, if you would believe that! ….Ya there is Carl maybe we could take him with us…crap you’re right she would want to tag along and we can’t have that now can we.…OK here is the game plan as of yesterday or today whatever. Hopefully we are going to a fleet area or someplace with other ships, we are going to have to go back to running….I know I really like it here too but if they….No I told you we can’t do that. As much fun as it would be to cut him up into small bite size pieces and feed him to Monkeys the others might not see the funny side of that. Plus where would we get the Monkeys?….. then we really don’t have much of a choice now do we. This time we go back to the Mothership rearm and get her working and fight. They want us then they will get us.”

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

About as much as I was expecting. Katarina thought "The captain has no bearingon this, as far as he's concerned you're a guest of the Martain Government, and I'm here on their behalf not his. And I don't think they'll be willing to let you go Jupiter or no, so it's not upto us. Especially with how compartmentalized the Jupiter Fleet is could be awhile until we get any real confirmation as to who you are." she shrugged, she had to wonder why'd they risk everything they were trying to build with the martians unless it was faction in-fighting or this Marcov was doing as he saw fit. "As for harboring a wanted man the Jupiter Fleets have no treaties involving extradition, with either the Mars Confederacy, or the Earth Union or either entities member nations and territories therein." she said simply "Which means what you did amounts to several war crimes. Assuming liberal definitions are taken with a few of them."

"Information would be your best ticket out of here. At least if you want to expedite the process further. I imagine that if what I've heard is true that the Fleet, or whatever splinter controls the splinter you're in will be here as quickly as possible to pick you up and you'll be moving to a hospital bed on one of those." she said with a sigh, though she knew whatever price was paid to get him back would be steep for the Fleet "Doubt you'll give them anything on that group or otherwise. I suppose I can respect that at least. Anyways I got what I needed, wasn't here for an interrogation, just a confirmation of identity." her voice was still flat but pleasant compared to what it was before, she still thought he was full of shit she walked to the door "One more thing before I go. Where you or the organization you were hiding in contact with anyone from the Earth Union government? Or any of it's member nations?" she asked, she and Lance had a theory regarding the attack but she was left wondering one thing, was Marcov the contact, or was that part of his story true and he was just along for the ride or was he the reason the attack happened now. Doubt I'll get a straight answer but worth a shot. If only to try and get a read.

----------------------------

"Will do." Lance said "And it's no problem. Though I admit not wholely altruistic, with how hot things are going our original time table is shot to hell, so having this base covered is going to help especially since if my guess is right proper hostilities will break out by the end of the week."

"If you have any proof that hostilities are gonna break out you might wanna bring the gist of it with you." noted Izra, "The Master's decision on future League activities could be affected by it, especially if there's data to back it up. Hopefully it's the same one I know, they were always long term planners. I have a feeling it is or else a kill order would've been issued on me a long time ago. But the Master I know and was trained by probably had a plan in place for me despite just bailing on the League. A crafty leader they are from what I remember."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    About as much as I was expecting. Katarina thought "The captain has no bearingon this, as far as he's concerned you're a guest of the Martain Government, and I'm here on their behalf not his. And I don't think they'll be willing to let you go Jupiter or no, so it's not upto us. Especially with how compartmentalized the Jupiter Fleet is could be awhile until we get any real confirmation as to who you are." she shrugged, she had to wonder why'd they risk everything they were trying to build with the martians unless it was faction in-fighting or this Marcov was doing as he saw fit. "As for harboring a wanted man the Jupiter Fleets have no treaties involving extradition, with either the Mars Confederacy, or the Earth Union or either entities member nations and territories therein." she said simply "Which means what you did amounts to several war crimes. Assuming liberal definitions are taken with a few of them."

"Information would be your best ticket out of here. At least if you want to expedite the process further. I imagine that if what I've heard is true that the Fleet, or whatever splinter controls the splinter you're in will be here as quickly as possible to pick you up and you'll be moving to a hospital bed on one of those." she said with a sigh, though she knew whatever price was paid to get him back would be steep for the Fleet "Doubt you'll give them anything on that group or otherwise. I suppose I can respect that at least. Anyways I got what I needed, wasn't here for an interrogation, just a confirmation of identity." her voice was still flat but pleasant compared to what it was before, she still thought he was full of shit she walked to the door "One more thing before I go. Where you or the organization you were hiding in contact with anyone from the Earth Union government? Or any of it's member nations?" she asked, she and Lance had a theory regarding the attack but she was left wondering one thing, was Marcov the contact, or was that part of his story true and he was just along for the ride or was he the reason the attack happened now. Doubt I'll get a straight answer but worth a shot. If only to try and get a read.

So I’m not a captive, yet not free either. Nice way to try and get me into a false sense of security. Sorry baby that’s my job. Two can play this game. How about a little truth to lead you down the correct path, the one I want you to take.

“I see, so the Captain has washed his hands of this, smart. And if as you say I’m a guest, then why the guard? But be that as it may. All I need is a secure line out and I can reach my team..command and you will have all the verification you need.”

Shifting in the bed he found if he took it slow he could in fact sit up. It was a bit painful, but doable. He would rather at least sit up verses lay down when talking to people holding him.

Time for a little truth baiting..cast the first line of doubt. Give them something to chew on, then sink the hook

“As for the resistance force coming to rescue me, I wouldn’t count on it. I never herd the Commander send the signal for that. He did not last too long against the MS we was fighting. Plus I’m sure it is all over the video feeds, the defeat that is. So I really don’t see them sending more forces in for what would most assuredly be a suicide run. They would not risk capture, not for the group I was with. They were used to do things that you would call “Wet work” so they are easily disavowed but the rest of the faction. Not sure about the “Earth” connection. I mean Yes they are agents of the Earth movement, wanted or otherwise. But as for direct orders coming from earth I could not say yet. I do know they took their orders from someone they called “The Chancellor” I’m sure it is just a code name, but still might be something. I was still working my way up the chain of command.”

F**k it his deal was for a diversion, not loyalty. All’s fair in love and war.

Shifting in his bed, He watched her for any tells that what he just told her connected with her or not. And was he getting anywhere with her.

“As for your accusation of, what did you call it “War crimes” well yes you are correct we do not have treaties of extradition. But for there to be an extradition, then that thing.. or person would have to be formally held and under arrest by either the official Government or principality he is currently in for trial or crimes. As far as I can see it is not being held here. But just the opposite is happening, it is free to walk around There is no extradition happening here, think of it as just picking up something from the lost and found department. We lost something, you found it. It is really just that simple, it is something that belongs to us and we lost it. Now we have to just take it back. It is nothing more than a lost piece of gear, a very deadly piece of gear, but just that as far as I’m concerned. Besides, I’m sure we could come to an agreement that would be beneficial to all involved. And this can stay quiet and clean. No need for us to be at odds, we are after all on the same team or sides which ever term you prefer.”

Looking her in the eye with a look of half worry and half concern.

“Tell me is it or he rather still talking to nothing? I don’t think you really want to find out what happens after they stop answering …it’s not pretty.”

Meanwhile back with Bob;

“Do you really think so….it could work. I think we would need to do something a bit more drastic than just pull the fire alarm to get them to leave him alone, but still.”

Bob was pacing the hanger bay walking circles around his suit. Scanning the area around him looking for something that would help him get to the Colonel.

“Maybe if we got someone hurt and we had to take them to the hospital wing they would have to take care of….no can’t hurt these people that would be…something not sure what’s is it called…Ya that’s it “not polite” thanks. Where is an extra evil henchmen when you need one? There has to be a way we can get to him and …… yes I know, but there is that whole “we don’t have any Monkeys” thing. I wonder if Tumbili could help? He has that magic book and he could see…what do you mean it only works for him? How would you know that?....Ohh OK that makes sense it a weird sideways sort of way.”

Without realizing it Bob had started wondering towards the med bay. Bob also had a rather large wrench in each hand.

(OOC: Gonna do some stuff that can use some suring up before Twitch gets back)

The chancellor? Using his real title is bold...then again it could be a fake out or another one. There are plenty of chancellors within the realm of the Union government and it's member nations he didn't say Chancellor of the Union after all. Katarina thought. "In practice yes you're a prisoner, they're also here for your own protection as well. We're already in contact with the Jupiter fleet about giving you back. You've put a very big wrench in another plan of the fleet at large they've been having with mars recently, and they want to smooth it out. Odds are you'll be given back at the least but info will grease the wheels. That chancellor bit will likely do just that the Confederacy will have other fish to fry a tie to the Union is more damning than a part of the Fleet being involved." in reality it wasn't going to take long she imagined, Mars wanted blood but they wanted what certain parties in the Fleet offered more and while Ginsis herself would be fine telling the fleet to turn their back the rest of the Confederacy didn't care about this attack beyond what ties it could have to the Union the colonel's actions could all be chalked upto a deep cover operative along for the ride.

"And yes he still talks. But if our theory holds it's not to himself as such. A theory which you just lent allot of credence too." she said noticing the slip of the word 'they'. She thought back to Lance's discovery while bob was refitting Buddy into it's current form, some system in the machine doing the guidance was one possible guess. "Either way colonel, it's been enlightening. Odds are you'll be back with your compatriots in the Jupiter fleet whatever company or sect that happens to be, I doubt with bob in tow. I doubt you'll give up on getting him back either unless the Fleet pulls the plug but it wouldn't be the first time part of the fleet vied for their own affairs rather than for the fleet at large." she shrugged "See you on the field again most likely." She said turning and leaving.

----------------------------------------------

XF-005

"And this recent attack was a coincidence?" Geraldson asked the Chancellor.

The chancellor nodded "Of a sort. We've heard rumblings of activity from this group but we opted not to tell the martains. Either way we had clearance from mars to conduct this operation, such an attack wouldn't be needed, though I admit it's fortuitous it happened, at least in the short term." The chancellor played his surprise and lack of enthusiasm for the talk of war well. Geraldson had his doubts, but he felt he knew the Chancellor well enough too tell if he was hiding something. He couldn't tell.

"I see. Well that's the report, we have the Damocles in our possession now, we're reviewing the files the mercs left for signs that the martians hired them to find it. Even with this rock of theirs they won't have this gun." he said.

"Good. Keep me up dated, Jackson out." the chancellor said as the screen shut off. Geraldson sighed he didn't like this situation one bit, he felt as if he was being jerked around.

He looked at the screen that now showed the blue prints for a massive weapon here at the base, one that had to either be mounted at a base or a massive ship, the Damocles was an abandoned project from before the decade conflict, a massive positron canon developed for ultra long range attacks the project ground to a halt both before and during the war due to the same reason: There wasn't anything that could provide sufficient power economically enough to make it worth it. There was also at least during the war concerns about developing a WMD while a target existed for it. As if developing the thing for the sake of science made it any better. I have half a mind to order homell and his men to destroy it, the parts and erase all the plans I can find for the damn thing.

Marcov tried to hide his discontent for what she was saying; small movements on his face gave it away. But he did keep his bearing. But inside he was fuming with anger at Katarina.

Damn her to Hell. Damn women, talking down to me like that. If I wasn’t in this stupid bed she would learn a lesson or two about how to talk to me.

Clearing his mind a bit he continued.

“Listen, I don’t want to play the “who out ranks who” game. Or play some sort of political game here. We are both soldiers here, I think that we could come to some sort of arrangement can’t we? I have a feeling that this is not the way either of us wanted this to go, but here we are.”

He tried to put on a safer, gentler face.

I can play poker too honey. Like I would believe that you would just let me go no questions asked. As if I might let slip a piece of new information or some such B.S. .

“Look I’m just trying to do my Job so I will put my cards on the table if you would do the same in return. 0630B is yes technically property of Jupiter, but you only see him as a man, and apparently as a nice man at that. That is understandable; he can be rather likable at times. But I warn you he will turn on you and take out most if not all of the people on this ship given the chance. Sadly this I know far too well, call it personal experience. As for his name what was it you called him “Bob” how quaint, he is and always will be 0630B, as I’m rather sure you know why he is the “B” in that naming process? I will speak no more on this topic that is the only amount I can say given your assumed security clearance.
    Now see I have given you very “Top Secret” insider information. See I can be honest, you don’t you give it a try? Like I’m supposed to believe that you would just give me back with no questions asked? Those are the dreams of fools.

I think you know more than you are willing to say, or at least think you do.

Now as for not returning him to me, as MY rightful property, and keeping him on board, that would not be the wisest decision on your part. Now that I know where he is rest assured I will come back calling for him, one way or another. Plus you really haven’t thought this thru to its many conclusions. Like, it could be leaked out somehow that you are actually actively harboring it just so you can set him free to do his thing for your benefit. That would not go over to well in the eyes of the press or higher ups. Who’s to say you and your crew aren’t the ones who stole them in the first place?
    OK..OK, I know this can get into a pissing match really quickly, and we both don’t want that. That makes people say and do things that…well don’t ever really work out well for all involved.
    Let’s just cut to the chase. You say you are going to get me back to the Jupiter Military. But you are going to let me leave without my property in tow. That will have to change, that thing out there is the rightful property of Jupiter and you have no authority to say or do otherwise. IT IS MINE! Damn it, give them to me when I leave. If not then consequences of leaving that killer on board, I leave in the hands of fate, and neither I nor my Government will take any responsibility for your eventual death toll that will start to stack up. I do hope you survive when the talking stops.”

Looking at Katarina he got very serious and she could tell from his eyes, the next thing he said was the actual truth. This was the one time she could tell he was being fully honest and truthful with her.

“Tell me, how is Nigel doing? Have you heard anything from Ralph lately? He is normally the second to leave, after Jen of course. He really has a love hate relationship with her, as I’m quite sure you know by now.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the hallway.

Bob had been walking along just letting his feet take him to where ever they were going to take him. He often found that if he let his feet just go he would (most times) end up right where he needed to be. This was one of those times.
    Bob looked up as he turned a corner and saw that he was in fact deep in the secured section of the medical wing of the ship. How he got past the first or second check point he wasn’t really sure, but here he was looking at the hallway with guards in it. Then he heard it, his voice, he was talking to someone. Bob knew that voice it was the mean man Marcov. Blood boiled in his head the thought that he was just talking away in that room. Who knew what lies he was saying? Were they going to believe him? Was he going to go back to the dark room? There was only one way to find out.
    Bob looked at his hands and for the first time realized that he had the two wrenches.

Well what do you know, good job hands that was good thinking on your part. Glad you are with me.

Bob walked a bit faster towards the room, clanking the wrenches together with each step he took.
    He was halfway to the room when two guards stepped out into the hallway. One guard leaned back into the room and said something to someone in there, but Bob could care less at this point.

“Mam’ we might have a situation out here. We can handle it for now. But just thought you might want to know “Someone” is coming and “He” does not look to happy.”

With that the guard shut the door and the two started to walk towards Bob.

“Look Pal, it’s all good man. Relax OK we got this. Ms. Katarina is in there right now and this will not help things right now. Why don’t you go back to your quarters and just chill. We will come for you after this OK? Can you do that for us?”

Unknowing to the guard that was precisely the wrong thing to say to Bob at this moment, in his state of mind Bob took it the completely opposite way the guard meant it.

“Go back to my room? BACK TO MY ROOM! What and just wait for you to send me packing with him! NO SIR WE WILL NOT! Buddy said that you wouldn’t do that, but I thought you might and here you are saying to do just that. Well you can’t send us away if he is dead! Now let me pass!”

Bob raised both wrenches and charged the guards. Both fear and hate were in his eyes. He came at them like a mad man. Letting out a loud scream he charged.
    The guards reacted immediately working together just as they were trained to. One to each side as Bob charged at them. They both drew out their stun batons and readied themselves for a fight.
    One went for the legs the other for the chest. Luckily they were still in their full gear as Bob caught one squarely in the head with a wrench, the other ducked just in time. He could feel the wind from the wrench as Bob just missed his head.
    The first guard started to go down from the blow, his head was spinning from the blow, but he caught himself and was able to tag Bob behind a knee. The second guard took a stance and jabbed the baton right to the center of Bobs chest. The electric jolt form both batons made Bob stop, but only for a moment. Pushing hard into the baton in his chest he looked at the guard with a smile.

“Really? Well that was shocking! But really pal you don’t think we have felt that before? In fact I kind of like it. HA HA HA HA HA!”

Bob swung again at the guard. The guard was taken aback by the baton having no real effect that he did not see the blow coming until it was too late.
    The wrench impacted with his helmet hard, the guards head hit the wall with a satisfying thud. He started to go limp. Bob came around with the second wrench, aiming to hit the guard a second time on the helmet. But the second guard had gotten his head cleared enough that he put the baton on full and jabbed it right into Bobs back. At the same time grabbing Bob in a choke hold and pulling him back away from his partner. The second blow missed its mark. The guard still pressing the baton into Bobs back picked him up by the throat and flipped him over and drove him to the ground.
    Bob was babbling now but still trying to get away clawing at the ground trying to get to the room.

“Not going back. Had Friends here…not going back…kill all who stop us!..Must get him hurt him back..not going…free we are free…get the mothership…we will finish this…we make WAR ON THEM! Get to the big Mothership! We have weapons going to hurt them all!....We will make lots of goo! Let me GO!”

The first guard was up by now and grabbing Bobs legs trying to get shackles on him. Bob was flailing about, the electricity was making him grip the wrenches harder and he was trying to get to the guards. But they had him on his stomach so all of his swigs were blind and way off the mark. The guards looked at each other, one smiled as he wrestled with Bobs arms trying to pin them down, and having no luck.

“And they said that this was going to be a nice quite babysitting gig!”

This made them both laugh, and that just set Bob off even more.

“No laughing at us! ..Not funny we will show you funny when we rip your heads off and feed them to the monkeys …..NIEGEL you shut the hell up…… no what he said… that was not funny, not one bit. Why don’t you help out instead of laughing with them? Not funny Not funny Not Funny!!”
    This only made the guards laugh a bit harder as they tried to contain Bob.
    Last edited by gundammonkey; August 20, 2018 at 8:09 AM.

"As I said, I fully expect you to try and get him back at some point. We'll see you on the field, this is how things go in this business sometimes. Blame your uppers they approved of this situation. Whether begrudgingly or not isn't my concern." Katarina said exasperated "Now, I have business to attend too." she said after the guard told her of the situation, she left the room entering the hall way to deal with bob. Should have seen this coming. she thought, truthfully she did, she also had half a mind to let him in there but alas their alliance with Mars relied on Mars' burgeoning alliance with Jupiter which unfortunately hinged on Marcov living as of now. "Bob, what's the matter?" she asked.

The door shut with a finality that made anything else said useless.

Fine so be it. At least I will get real treatment unlike this s**t show they have going on here. Then I will gather my team and find you all. It will be mine one way or another, and this whole ship just signed their own death warrant.

Marcov resigned himself to wait for his transfer.

Bob was wrestling with the guards trying to get up and back to getting into the room.
    He was in full tirade mode when Katarina walked down the hallway and asked him what was wrong. It just took a few moments for it to get through to him.

“What! What the Hell are you jabbering on about now Nigel?...Why won’t the two of you just get the f**k Off of me….stop with the whole shockey shockey thing it just annoying now.”
    The guards looked up to see standing Katarina standing and waiting.

“Come on man, relax already we aren’t sending you with anyone. Stop trying kill us and we will stop trying to detain you!”

“Don’t Bulls**t me! You just said to go back to my room and wait for you to come and get me. What the hell does that sound like to you? Ya I thought so…F**K that, get off me”
    Bob continued to strugle to get away from the guards.

“Niegel shut the hell up either help or go away. What? Who hu? ….who? what?..o’ her”

Bob looked up to see Katarina standing in the hall way.

“I don’t know what he said, but he is lying! Unless he was telling the truth then he was not, but most likely he was not so he would be lying. He is slippery like that. But I WILL NOT GO BACK THERE! Like not ever. I have a ship, a big one a really big one with really big freakin’ guns, and lots of them.. I will go get it and KILL THEM ALL! Just have to get these two ass clowns to get THE F**K OFF OF ME!”

With that one of the guards hit Bob with another jolt from a baton, it did not faze Bob at all, it just made him angrier.

“I told you to stop that crap! I’m going to shove those things up your A….WHAT ALL RIGHT WHAT THE HELL NEGEL WHAT?....O’ ya her….”

Looking back at Katarina.

“Well what did he tell you? Let me guess I’m OOOO! Scary, going to kill everyone on the ship. Ya that is sooooo original. Standard play book material for him. Play up one or two little incidents about the person you want to discredit, then blow it way out of proportion. And at the same time try to make yourself look like the innocent victim of it all, even thou you are the one who set the whole damn thing in motion. I mean really I would have come up with a better story than ….what? O’ Ya your right Nigel back on topic. Sorry, but I mean really, just because you kill off one or two crews do you really have to have that brought up EVERY time you come up in conversation? Really? Time to move one if you ask me….What? Well they could have asked me you don’t know that do you?, so what’s the big deal it’s not like they didn’t deserve it or din't have it coming anyway. But some people, they just never let it go. Some people are just stuck in the past. TIME TO MOVE ON DIP WAD!!! THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT!!..But honestly they did deserve it. So what say you? Am I going or staying? If you want to send me off with him I can assure you I will not go quietly…come to think of it I won’t go at all. Just won’t happen…sh*t I thought the Boss man liked me…you were there what say you?”

"We're not sending you with him." Katarina assured Bob "Trust me, if it were upto me, I'd let you kill him." Katarina said "But I can't, Mars needs Jupiter's support, we need Mars' support. I know it can be hard to see the big picture, but there's a man worse than Marcov that if we don't stop Earth, Mars and everywhere in-between will be in trouble." Katarina explained it simply, she looked at the guards "Let him go. Bob, think of this like a chess game, we're playing multiple games in one, Lance is the king, in another it's his brother that's the most important peice, in this one against Marcov you're our king, Lance and I won't let anything happen to you. When Marcov slips up, you'll have the chance to get him, I promise you. But for the time being to get him now will put everyone in jeopardy. I know you don't like it, and neither do I but I promise you, when the time comes I'll help you kill him my self." she said truthfully.

XF-005

"Reporting as ordered sir." Thomas said saluting as he walked into Geraldson's office.

"At ease." he said gesturing that he take a seat. "No need to be too formal right now. I called you here for two reasons, first of all what are your opinions of Mizvec and his team?"

He wondered why he was asking his opinion of all people but chalked it up to him asking every officer's opinion post mission "Objectively speaking they preformed well above par."
    he said diplomatically.

"And subjectively?" Geraldson asked with the raise of an eyebrow. "Don't worry everything will stay here." he said tapping the desk as a way of reassurance.

"They seem like perfectly good men, but if I'm to be blunt manufacturing people to be soldiers seems a bit dehumanizing don't you think?" he asked Geraldson, before saying; "Avoiding widespread death by replacing the human element in war is nothing new, but in the past it's proven that it can escalate things further than need be if things aren't regulated after-all the biggest deterrent or it should be in theory against war is wide spread loss of life. At what point does it become aimless and we're just wreaking havoc on one another from afar."

Geraldson listened "A rather romantic view of war, didn't take you for the type."

"Romanticized maybe, but don't confuse me for someone addicted to fighting. Beyond that Admiral there's the fact that these aren't machines, these are people given no choice and shoved off to war, made to fight and die for whatever nation is producing them. It seems immoral." he replied he could see the other side of it but he didn't like it personally.

"Between you and me, I agree. I feel sorry for them, they seem like good soldiers." Geraldson sighed "I have to admire the science behind it as someone who was going to be a biologist I don't think this technology is evil but at the risk of sounding like a dinosaur I don't think it should be used in this way. I'll take into consideration what you, LaForge, Sergei, my XO, and Boone have said about this before filing my report." he said confirming Thomas' thoughts that he had asked other officers meanwhile Geraldson had thought that Thomas was a bit different than he figured he would be from the hotshot his record made him out to be "Uncharted territory for us all at this point. Anyways my second point is I want you to form a team of men from among your soldiers here and back at Ardun to garrison here, I'll leave a few of my own teams here as well, we've been ordered to assign a contingent to hold onto the base while we pull the Damocles project from here and to hold it for any possible future need."

"I'll have a roster ready within the hour sir. I take this to mean we're going back to Ardun?" he asked.

"No, the majority of the force here will be heading to New Nellis in the northwestern hemisphere to bolster the troops there as well as allow me the proper usage of a global command center should hostilities erupt on mars it's the only place the Union still holds that can function as one aside from my ship, until this base is fully operational once again." Geraldson explained.

Thomas took that in before protesting; "With all due respect Admiral you want me to garrison troops here, as well as at New Nellis? Just as my neighbors and I have been having on again off again hostilities and where just recently attacked, as tensions between the Union and Confederacy rise? As a Regent of Ardun and Prince Heir to it's motherland Normandy I'll have to refuse me and my team at the least going to New Nellis." he said not speaking as Lieutenant Hommel anymore his tone was respectful but this was militarily speaking insubordination.

Geraldson sighed "You have a set of brass ones on you, I'll give you that." he said he was partially annoyed but had to admit he respected his loyalty to his people "You need to sir the Big picture lieutenant. Ardun will still have the majority of it's forces as well as the White Room and the majority of my forces, Ginsis meanwhile just took heavy loses, and strategically speaking New Nellis is the better target should hostilities break out, it's the largest Union installation left on mars, on top of the largest mine of ours left on here we fought tooth and nail to keep it in the treaty of Olympus mons and they want the area around it back. Ardun will be well guarded son, I'll make sure of it, as I said my ship in part will allow that place to work as a perfect fall back point, on top of the defenses she already has. Your people, and your lady wife will be safe, you have my assurance to that."

"Forgive me sir it's just-"

Geraldson raised his hand and shook his head "No need for apologies, normally I'd chew someone's ass out but, you're young and thrust into dual positions as a soldier of the United Earth forces and a monarchical figure to a country and her territories here." he said understandingly Boone was right he does remind me of him. That same frankness, same skill, and the same inexperience. he thought grimly of his son who died in the war "Just remember while I don't mind you speaking your mind, don't jump the gun again. You're in a hard position, I understand I've been out of my element time and time again myself, but you need to keep cool." he said his voice more gruff now. "Consider it your one warning, and from here on out you'll be like every other soldier under my command, understood."

"Sir." Thomas said standing and saluting. Geraldson dismissed him.

Once he was gone, Geraldson got on the base wide intercomm "All troops aside from those already ordered otherwise prepare to launch within the next hour and a Half, will Mizvec report to my ready room on the Alexandria at once, that'll be all." he said.

Bob looked up at her mulling over what she had just told him. He relaxed a bit and stopped trying to get at the two guards holding him.

“Allllll right.. So be it I will stay. But ..”

Looking past Katarina.

“And just what the hell are you starring at? Stop laughing it’s not funny and I really don’t think she would like that. Nope nope nope. I think you would find out what it means to be a eunuch really quickly.”

Looking back at Katarina,

“He is and will be mine. I do have a big ship, bigger than you would believe. Lots of guns and beam zappy things. Given the chance I might have to go get it. But if what you say is true, and I will hold you to your words. When the time comes I get to kill him and you promise that you or anyone won’t stop me doing it MY way. He has to go, but I plan on taking my time doing it. Fast is too good for him and his Team of henchmen. You let him go, I guaranty you, he will be back with his little band of marry men in tow.”

The guards slowly released Bob and got up off of him, Bob let them up before moving. Both wrenches were still on the ground as Bob got up. Bobs face still had blood dripping from where he bashed his nose on the ground. Licking the blood a wide smile came across his face and his eyes darkened. Looking from side to side at the guards he just started to chuckle and a stun baton slid down into his hand.

“My turn..I told you where I was going to put this…”

Bob started to turn towards the guards when something stopped him.

“No you wouldn’t dare?!? …..what I said I was going to…but…but..if I don’t they would think I was lying and then next time….well there might be a nex..OK fine if he says so…”

Bob handed the baton back to the guards, he picked up his two wrenches.

“Sorry Nigel said to tell you that I was just kidding..what now jees man…I was just telling them what you said to say…OK OK I will …your right I almost forgot about her damn.”

Bob turned to Katrina,

“Sorry about that I kind of get carried away. I will go back, Buddy wants to talk to me. He says that he hasn’t seen Jenny or Ralph and can’t seem to find them on board. Come to think of it I haven’t seen them either. Not good…no not good. We know what happens when they get together like that.”