Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

[RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Hostile Frontiers

Prolouge: Money For Nothing

March 4th S.A.0021

XI-2322, Elegia controlled Territory asteroid belt

The Highway Star slipped silently though space towards XI-2322 it's black hull stark against the equal blackness of space. "Sir we're clear for docking." a helmsman said.

"Alright bring her in." Lance told him, he had been absentmindedly fiddling with his hair, sitting in his captain's chair on the bridge it followed a typical layout of a ship deployed by one of the European commonwealths in the Earth Union, having a single captains and commanders chair in the center of the bridge and ops stations around it, not too atypical as a whole but more ornate than most. It was a stolen ship after all, and lance enjoyed the gaudiness of it, if nothing else. "So of the past hires only Nova is staying?" Lance asked his first mate, Katarina.

"Yes, all of the others have already left or will be leaving here. I've been in contact with Hargrave and she's arranged a few likely candidates, and put the word out we're looking for hired help."

Lance nodded "It would be good to bolster our compliment to go with our own full time forces." Lance said as the ship slid into the docking clamps of the asteroid's largest hangar. As the docking was complete lance stood up, pushing his hair past his mask again like normal and sighed. "Well let's go see what await's us." he said as they began walking to the main airlock. "I have a feeling about this mission Hargrave wants done. She's never hired us for anything like this."

"Anything in general, most of what we've done for them is to...well secure favor in the region."

"Well I sympathized with her and her men's plight. As well as those who followed them. After all Mars wasn't a stable region during the war." Lance said as they left the ship and began walking into the docks of Xi-2322 a rather bustling place, the past three years had been kind to it, and Elegia was on it's way from becoming a deserting corps of mercenaries and militamen and turning into a full nation, the first in the Astroid belt, at least of any note and any amount of order. Even then though it was a den of all sorts of illicit business at the end of the day, but that was the astroid belt for you. No white knights, but one could hope for grey.

"During the way implies that is more stable now." Katarina chuckled, she held no love for the Mars Confederation, and while she can't say she celebrated the pockets of civil war that currently ravaged her home world, she did take some enjoyment out of the Confederate imploding in on it's self.

Lance couldn't help but chuckle as well "I guess so. Of course I bet the Union is going to take advantage of this weakness. They don't know when something isn't worth it."

"Do you really think Mars is that useless to them?"

"In the here and now? Yes. Mars has served it's purpose, it got people off of Earth. Exactly as it was meant to do, they even had an out to let someone else manage the thing. Yet they blew it and all over one embassy. Short sighted." Lance shrugged. "Of course Mars was equally short sighted as we see now, Neither party is particularly well suited to leadership as the past twelve years has demonstrated."

Katarina looked over with a smile "You won't get an argument from me." she said, the two of them just hoped this fledgling nation, Elegia would prove better. Both had hopes resting on it, as they got into the Car that would take them to the night club paradise.

------------------------------------------------

Paradise Nightclub-XI-2322

A bouncer led a group of some people into a backroom, it sat rather unassuming compaired to the Neon lights of the rest of the club, not to mention the cacophany of purples, reds, greens and blues set amount the orange haze of the machinery of the asteroid based city. (OOC: This group of people is the mercs that'll be hired so everyone this is your cue here, well sans those already hired and bob, also if you'd like them to come in after that's fine since Exia's character was called here by Lance he can be either here or somewhere else in the club this is just a cue for people here to get a bit of RP in instead of waiting)

"If you'd all please wait here, your potential employer will be here shortly, please help yourself to any and all refreshments courtesy of the club. Private dances will still cost you." the bouncer explained bored, it's obvious that he had done this before as he hit the switch to light up the VIP lounge, it wasn't uncommon for mercenaries and smugglers to get jobs here, or for people to do hiring sessions like this. It was easy to put out a bulletin and meet people, and Elegia's security kept the place rather safe.

(OOC: If you want Twitch you can have Nova catch up to Lance and Katarina before the leave, or do an intro on your own, the choice is yours, it's why I haven't had them rush off to the club yet)
    Newtypery is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Hostile Frontiers

Two of the mercs walked over to an table that was filled with various drinks, one of them chose a glass of gin, other got a lager. They then chose a small table where to lay their drinks.

One of them, a blond named Adam Pacer, took a long sip from his lager and then turned to his compatriot, Michail Astrom. "Think how long well be waiting for this guy to arrive?"

"What makes you think it well be a he? Could be that this time well be working for a lady." Michail retorted.

"Har Har, funny" Adam chuckled, downing rest of his lager.

"Just trying to keep the mood up. "

"Yeah, last two gigs been total busts, I hope we will finally be paid for our work."

"I have a suspicion that this could be our jackpot."

"Why, are you psychic? "

"Call it an old mans hunch." Michail looked at Adam with a friendly grin on his face.

"You are barely seven years older than me, don't talk to me like your 85."

"But I'm older than you."

Adam let out another chuckle, remembering why he had tagged along with Michail to begin with.

"Wanna get a dance?" Michail asked Adam, waving his wallet.

"Nah, I have GF waiting for me, remember?"

"Suit yourself, I'll go have some fun with the ladies, come fetch me when something happens."

"You are hopeless."

"I know." Michail walked over to pair of dancer who had been waiting in the corner of them room. After a quick chat, all three of them disappeared in to one of the booths.

Adam smiled and went to get another drink.
    Last edited by Dom Tropen MS-09D; January 3, 2017 at 2:34 PM.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

XI-2322 was growing in size as a multicolored ship slowly approached. Inside a lone man sat at the controls waiting for instructions to dock. The radio crackles to life and a voice half stifling a laugh comes on
    “Rodger that Fluffy Bunny Bounty, (He) you are cleared for bay (He) 12”

“SEE I told you I could get them to say it!! I win, pay up Nigel!” A tall lanky man sat in an empty command seat of a medium size freighter bringing it in for a landing.

The ship lands and Bob gets out of the ship and starts to up a hand crafted sign, in fact he has quite a few of them.
    “We don’t want anyone to think we aren’t being serious about this do we now?”
    The sign says “For sale! Good ship, no a GREAT ship. Cheap! Unless you consider my price not cheap, then it would be expensive. I think it is a good price”

Looking back at his work
    “Nigel I really don’t think we needed to put all that on the sign, but it dose make for less questions. What? No I told you before, Jenny, dose not “GO” with the ship. She is with us don’t be stupid.”

Walking around He looks up the entry way “Ralph I told you to clean up ALL of your crap. What the hell man we are trying to sell this peace of sh**t …..I mean this great ship heheh. Now get Buddy ready he goes with us also and I don’t want to find him in the same condition that you had him last week. That was truly a sick thing you did, Ralph you should be ashamed of yourself. Really... Nigel get them moving would you please”
    List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

*Izrail took of his coat and laid it over a chair, he had a gun but for the most part was armed to the teeth with throwing knives, flechettes, and injector darts. He was in what looked like a pilot suit, pretty much was a pilot suit just converted over to a race suit, he grabbed a beer and noticed a dart board. He collected all the darts and sat across the room from the board and started lobbing, tossing, flipping and otherwise any other type of throwing gesture other than what would be used in darts. The four darts he had tossed already had hit center and Izrail seemed unamused by it as he chugged down half his beer*

"I need more distance for a challenge...." he mused to himself as he finished up his beer and tossed the four remaining darts at the same time, each hitting the center at angles so not to move the other darts, with that he got up and got another beer, sat down and pulled out a throwing knife and started flipping it through his fingers, more of a habit of boredom than anything, as he wasn't really paying much attention just sipping his second beer as he waited, Kinda weird I got brought up here, but a deposit is a deposit. Probably just some cargo that needs the least amount of hands to touch it and small enough for someone to carry it. I can do that. Really hoping it ain't a major deal. Those come with restraints on my personal time nine outta ten times. Not that I do much....new boarding spots.....some training.....Huh.....Guess I really don't do much now.....Really no need to ruin this working relationship over something petty. Whatever, I can't see the future. Shit'll happen, I'll react. I've survived this long on that mentality. he thought to himself still playing with the knife as he took a deep sip just sitting there quiet

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

My Gundam Pictures
    Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Nova remained on board the Highway Star assisting with the offloading and resupply operations. It was not really her forte, but Lance had asked her to do it so she did. "Come on, you apes!" she barked as she worked a Mobile Loader, "put your backs into it! We want this lookin' all nice and pretty for the Captain!" She moved past some workers struggling with some supplies and offered some of her motivation. "Back in my day we didn't have no fancy-shmancy Mobile Loaders! We had two sticks and a rock for the whole platoon, and we had to share the rock. So buck up people, and consider yourself lucky that you have such fine equipment bestowed upon you."

Tumbili went over to a billiards table and racked the balls together. "You should really loosen up," he said, directed towards everyone in the room, "and stop being so tense. No point getting all worked up." He hit the cue ball and sent it towards the pyramid of billiard balls. It connected with a loud crack and sent several balls into the table's pockets.

Carl was running around the asteroid trying to find the club that he was supposed to be at. Man oh man, he thought to himself, this is not good. How am I supposed to be hired if I can't even find the place?

"Gimme a break man. Ain't ever been off Martian soil for one and I got asked to bring my ride along up here. This ain't a normal day and this...." he said continuing to play with the knife, flipping it thru his fingers while taking a sip of beer, "...is relaxing to me. It's always relaxing to drink someone else's booze on someone else's dime."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

My Gundam Pictures
    "The Scale of Tragedy"

"You should get out more, and maybe be like that other guy and get some lady attention," Tumbili replied back to Izrail. "Or is that too off-world for ya?" He took a spare billiard ball and dropped it on the floor in a way that no one would notice, and let it roll towards the room's main entrance. He continued his solo game of billiards.

----------

Carl was hopelessly lost in the asteroid and found himself in one of the many docking bays. He looked out and saw a ship with an odd "For Sale" sign painted on it and someone standing in front of it. He was about to ask them for directions but saw that they appeared to be talking to themselves. Well, he's a weirdo, he thought to himself as he moved on.

With the "For sale" sign out the crew doing their chores there was nothing left for Bob to do but to relax. Coming out of his ship with a lawn chair, beach umbrella, and a bucket of drinks, Bob sat in front of the ship and just enjoyed himself watching ships come and go. All except for that one guy over there, he seems lost.

"I wonder why he is lost? How could someone not know where they are? After all they are there, so they must know where they have been, and they should know where they were going to be latter. After all they are the ones who made their own plans. Seams a bit daft to not know what where you have been or where you should be. Of course there is all that middle stuff between where you have been and where you should be, But that's always the fun part So sad, the poor silly little person".

Watching the man wander around, he started to leave.
    List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

Xi-2322 Docking Bay

A dockworker in a military looking uniform spotted the ship and the for sale sign. It looks impressive. he thought, the paint job was a bit flamboyant, but he figured that this could be an oprotunity for advancement on his part, if they were able to buy this ship it'd be a good addition to their fleet, and it'd be a shame, and maybe even a danger to them if some pirate or such bought it instead. And if I make Lieutenant because of it...who am I to argue. he thought approaching Bob. "Nice ship you have there, I may have a buyer in mind for it, what's the price?" he asked, this man, had no authority to negotiate, but a man with a lust for promotion often did things they didn't have the Authority to do. One might say that it's the whole reason the phrase 'Fortune favors the bold' was coined. The man walked upto the other man who was selling the ship and spoke up "How much?" he asked.

----------------------------------

Meanwhile on the outer part of the Docks Lance and Katarina were entering a Taxi "Take us to Paradise." he told the driver, they shut the doors and went off. "Either way my bet is on a smuggling job of some sort." he said, it was just a feeling. "Or routing some pirates out of somewhere, but there hasn't been much movement near by lately, so who knows why she'd be spooked." he mused. "My money is on jupiter she has been getting friendly with them lately."

"For good reason, it makes sense to have a reliable source of fuel. And it's easy enough for her to buddy up with them by helping secure shipping channels." Katarina said. "Does it matter we'll find out soon, and make a choice then, like we always do. No need to get tied down."

"Well that may be changing soon." Lance replied. "It may be time for phase two."

"Already? You don't have the support for that yet. Besides we've lost contact with Bryers on Mars. Not even my connections have found him there yet."

"That's why I called him here, that courier, someone once told me, that if you want the most detailed lay of the land, hire a courier. He'll be our guide of sorts to find him." Lance was referring to Izrail. "Besides, it's why I brought this," he said taking a voice changer out of his pocket "So he'll know it's me." he explained as he put it back. "I'm thinking I'll send you to begin negotiations with the candidates and I'll come in after I meet with Sierra."

"That works." Katarina said as they pulled into the night club, both of them heading in, but as Katarina went off to the side to walk into the VIP room, Lance walked upto the Balcony the real VIP area of the club.

--------------------------------

VIP Lounge

Katarina surveyed the room, she had some dossiers in her hands, though it only covered the ones that Sierra suggested, though it seemed to only really be them, but then again notice was short, she didn't expect many walk ins. "Nice of you all to make it." she said her tone sounded a bit bored. "The lady upstairs probably gave you a run down, but I'll reiterate for convenience, the job is simple, you sign on for a contract it lasts a few months, it'll be upto you, your payment will reflect your time spent with us, we provide roomand board on our ship, and Ammo for your mobile suit...within reason, you do what we tell you, it's typically smuggling, and if not that, general shipping, and occasioal paid robbery and scrap collection, scrap you take on the battlefield is yours, so long as it doesn't exceed your allotted space. If anyone has qualms about robbing people or breaking boarder laws of both the Mars Confederate and the Earth Union, now would be the best time to leave." she said. "If all of that sounds interesting, fun or just another days work, then you're in the right place." she added with with a smile.

"How much?"
    Looking up at the man who just asked a very open ended question

"Why what ever would you mean? How much. How much of what? How much beer is left in my bottle? (quickly drinking the last of it) not much at all, in fact none! How much is a very lose term my friend it could mean a myriad of things., or just one. But you have asked me plainly How much. you really need to give me more to work with here. I'm not a mind reader after all. How should I know how much of what ever it is that you want? I'm not the quarter master. So I would advise you my friend to figure out just what it is that you want and then maybe, just maybe I could help you out as long as I have enough of what ever it is that you want much of."

With a happy smile Bob looked up at the man. "I hope he is ok, there seams to be something about this place. First that lost guy over, there now this guy who doesn't know how much of what it is he wants. I'm starting to like this place."

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    "You should get out more, and maybe be like that other guy and get some lady attention," Tumbili replied back to Izrail. "Or is that too off-world for ya?" He took a spare billiard ball and dropped it on the floor in a way that no one would notice, and let it roll towards the room's main entrance. He continued his solo game of billiards.
    "I get out plenty....'Sides, real thrill's in the chase." replied Izrail, he thought about saying something else but didn't as someone else walked in

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    VIP Lounge[/CENTER]

Katarina surveyed the room, she had some dossiers in her hands, though it only covered the ones that Sierra suggested, though it seemed to only really be them, but then again notice was short, she didn't expect many walk ins. "Nice of you all to make it." she said her tone sounded a bit bored. "The lady upstairs probably gave you a run down, but I'll reiterate for convenience, the job is simple, you sign on for a contract it lasts a few months, it'll be upto you, your payment will reflect your time spent with us, we provide roomand board on our ship, and Ammo for your mobile suit...within reason, you do what we tell you, it's typically smuggling, and if not that, general shipping, and occasioal paid robbery and scrap collection, scrap you take on the battlefield is yours, so long as it doesn't exceed your allotted space. If anyone has qualms about robbing people or breaking boarder laws of both the Mars Confederate and the Earth Union, now would be the best time to leave." she said. "If all of that sounds interesting, fun or just another days work, then you're in the right place." she added with with a smile.
    "I already gotta contract from a group, it's why I'm here. Deposit in my account, directions to come here. Amount was good enough to get me here, but I typically don't do more than one contracted job. I usually end up not getting paid enough." stated Izrail as he sheathed his throwing knife, "So if you want me, find my benefactor and pay them off for my contract. I don't know who the hell it is, money gets into my account, I do the job. That's how it's worked for me."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

My Gundam Pictures
    "The Scale of Tragedy"

Scaven takes a swallow from a glass of Martian Tequila.

"This is strong enough to be more useful as a parts cleaner," he comments offhandedly with a wince.
    "I'm in," he adds getting up and walking over to Katarina. He offers his hand with a smile and adds, "Names Gaven, but most people call me Scaven. "what port do I have my Mech and Supplies sent to?"

"I'll wait to see him, I'm sure he'll see my side of things." Katarina said figuring this one was Izrail at the mention of a benefactor who she knew was Lance, "As for you...no mention of money yet, figured there'd be more haggling." she said to Scaven shaking his hand "Well standard rate comes out to about one hundred thousand earth dollars for a single mission, well the equivalent in whatever currency you prefer, that's before bonus' as for the port, it's at Dock 23, they'll know the ship, it's the highway star."

----------------------------------

Lance was escorted by one of Sierra's underlings up to see her "Well if it isn't my favorite War lord."

"And my favorite smart ass." she said from her seat on her favorite couch she nodded her head over to the left as if to offer Lance a seat, he took it.

"So how does it fair? Haven't heard from you in awhile." he said in a familiar tone, they'd gone back a few years, ever since Elegia got off of Mars, Lance helped set it up a bit after he had got the Highway Star and donned his mask.

"It's going well, we're stabilizing allot quicker than we thought we would. We have ships to keep the pirates at bay and the Jupiter Fleet has been kind enough to give us Farming equipment to stay fed, in exchange for security jobs in the area, their tech has come in handy." She said with a shrug. "That ties into why I asked you here Bonaparte," she explained. "You said you were going to mars after this, I need you to take something for us, deliver a package."

"Where?" He asked.

"The Martian capital at Ares mons." she answered, Lance meanwhile, unbeknownst to those in the room due to his mask, blinked twice, in a bit of shock.

"Yeah, last I checked I had a price on my head there." Lance said, he could find a way to sneak in but this sounded bigger than just smuggling, and while it intrigued him he also had more than a few Alarms going off in his head.

"Coming from the man famous for pioneering the Ares-Luna route that's a bit timid, you can get in. Besides you'll have the codes to get in, they...yes won't know who you are until you're there, but they don't want pirates getting wind of it until it's there. AS to not put you in more danger."

Lance laughed "As to not put the cargo in more danger. Trust me, I know what the Jovians are thinking, they have no love for me." he said, "I mean, then again I've given them reasons not to trust me in the past but that's...well, not my fault they hold a grudge." Lance said spreading his arms out.

Sierra laughed "Yeah you don't hold grudges my ass."

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------------------------

The Docks

The ambitious military dock worker was shocked, "For the ship, how much money, do you want. I'm....well my bosses might be interested." he explained.

"What ship?"
    Bob looked shocked. Then looked behind him.
    "O that thing! Yes it is for sale. But just keep it quiet she doesn't know and we aren't gonna tell her just yet. HAHA.....HEHAHOO!! She's a good boat great big belly and man can she run!"

Bob gets up and motions the man to follow him as he walks under the ship.

"I would offer you a beer, but you didn't ask for one so how was I to know if you even wanted one."
    Pointing to a small hatch under the ship Bob pulls a lever. A blue light flickers on and a few more hatches open all around them. Bob slowly steps back and to the side of the stranger.

"So here we are me on the outside you on the inside. Now we can talk price. HA HA HE HOO aren't we having FUN NOW!! So here is what's going on, just for your information and or involvement. You see she will protect herself from someone or anyone that tries to get inside or take her. So you just set off one of her defensive systems."
    Slowly Bob starts to do a circling dance around the perimeter of the blue lights encircling the man.

"I have a ship, you have money. Start talking and for the love of god don't bore me. By the way feel free to step into the light!!
    "May the negotiations begin!!!! So tell me what do you have...."

Tumbili did not look up from the billiards table as he made another shot. "There any killin' with this contract?" he asked, his voice a tad scratchy with a hint of bloodlust.

--------------------

Carl found an unlocked door in a hallway and went in without looking at any of the obvious signs hanging on it. "Can anyone direct me to-" He was cut short as he realized that he was in the women dancers' changing room. Taking in the view was interrupted as he had to duck back into the hallway to avoid the various objects and profanities being thrown at him. As he was catching his breath he saw some bouncers heading towards him. Not wanting any more trouble he started sprinting in the opposite direction. Why does this always happen to me?