Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950 LastLast

Re: [RP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Hostile Frontiers

"Way ahead of ya, Boss," Nova responded as she scrambled to the Tallgeese. After a few switch flicks she was airborne with a small team of Jestas and Grazes behind her on Base Jabbers.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Main terminal room:

T- 5 minutes to entry

”I’m about ready to get this thing hooked up. Can you find me a plug. I need power”

“What the hell do you mean you need power? Isn’t that thing portable? I thought you could just hook up and get in. You said you could get in!”

”Well yes it IS portable, but I still need power.

“What happened to the battery? Portable computers are just that PORTABLE!”

” Ya, PORTABLE, see I can carry it around all day long. Hence portable, but I still need to plug it in. Duh power, it kind of needs that stuff…..what battery?’

The two men cursing each other scurry around the room looking for a power outlet.
    “Found one, over here now plug it in and get going! We are on a time hack here.”

Don’t get your panties in a bunch I can do this……Did you bring an extension cord? Not sure if this will reach.”

“WHAT?!!?? You simple minded idiot! No I don’t have an extension cord what do I look like a hardware store?!”

Never mind..man who pissed on your Wheaties today. O’ look it reached, just barely, but it reached. OK now to get in. What is the Governors pets’ name? Do you know?”

T-minus 3 minutes to entry:

“Why the hell would I know that? And why do you want to know?
    The password, Duh! Most passwords are peoples pets names or birthdays of loved ones and what not.

“Wait you need the password? You told us you could get in and do this shit! You mean you can’t get in!! What kind of computer hacker are you?”

”Look no need to get angry. I can get in and do this I just have to figure out the password. BECAUSE in order to get into the system you need the password. What did you really think they would not have a password on this? Really? What’s his birthday…
    “If we don’t die on this mission I’m gonna kill you myself! Just get in there and do your stuff. I have a bad feeling about this now.”

”You have a bad feeling? Like what kind? What did you eat last night? I hope you didn’t have the fish, that stuff just didn’t look right to me. I stuck with the chicken, well a good facsimile to chicken, but it tasted like chicken not really sure what it was, but I feel fine.

T-1 Minute to entry:

“What? What are you talking about? No you stupid dolt I mean I have a funny feeling like something is not going right. Now shut up and get to work.”

The computer tech started to try and get through the firewall and gain entry into the server, as the other man walked around the room checking behind the stacks of computer servers. He was as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

T- 30 seconds to entry:

Suddenly all the lights and power shut down, the emergency lights kicked in, giving a red glow to the room.

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU TOUCH!! AND UN-TOUCH IT!! I lost all power here.

“Me! What button did you push? And un-push it! You are the one in the computer system not me!”

T-Minus 5 seconds to entry:

The two men met up in the center of the room and started to argue as to who did or did not touch and push what.

T-0seconds to entry: Begin Dynamic entry

Suddenly they were startled by a loud crash as it seemed like the very ceiling fell in around them. Ropes and men poured into the room faster than the two thought possible.
    The guard raised his rifle to repel the men coming into the room and he heard the sickening sound of

“Click”

“Shit! Chamber a round? No I forgot to reload after we took this place! Cra…”

Was the last thing he thought as a round went through his head. The other man ran.

Run! IT WASN’T ME! HONEST I WAS JUST WALKING TO THE BATHROOM WHEN HE TOOK ME IN HERE…….

And that was the last thing he said as he was ripped apart as a barrage of rounds hit him. He had stupidly run at the SAS as they entered the room.

“Clear one”

“Clear two”

“Clear three”

“The room is ours Sir. And we have their equipment. Seems that they only got as far as the public website and couldn’t even navigate that.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On the northern road:

Two of the Zakus crossed the line set up by the ambush team.

“OK guys let one more go and blow it. This should be epic!”

A two man team was across from the mines were watching the Zakus walk by and counting them. As the last one that they waited for crossed the line they hit the detonator button. And nothing happened.

“Blow the thing already!! Before they all get across it!

We did! What happened? Joe did you pull the pins?”

“What pins Bill?”

The pins in the mines, the ones I told you not to touch until we had them set up and ready. Those pins.

“Well in my defense you did say NOT to touch them. So I didn’t touch them. So don’t yell at me for following orders!”

What!? The pins are still in them!’

‘Relax I will go get them.”

With that Joe left. He took off down the tunnels back under the street and pulled the first pin. The only problem is the charge had been sent and as soon as he pulled the safety pin the mine went off. That mine set off the other mines.
    As the last Zaku walked out of the Kill zone all the mines went off taring a hole into the street and toppling two building, one on either side of the street. If the mines had gone off as planned then three Zakus would have been lost and the team would have been cut in two. As it is the 2 Anti-MS teams had also set up in those buildings so they in fact killed themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the Government square:

Troops were prepping for the coming attack, and tying to figure out how to tie the civilians onto the MS among them.

“Did anyone bring some rope?!!?”

“Nope not me I thought you had it. It was your turn to do inventory check not mine.”

Things were not going to well with this plan so far.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Within in seconds after an alarm, Adam and Michail where racing towards their suits, making a short stop at the ships armory. Adam grabbed a Knights Armaments SR-15 with a 16" barrel. Michail picked up Daniel Defense DDM4 in 300.Blackout and 10.3" barrel.

"You think we need to use these?" Asked Adam as he performed a weapons check on his rifle.

"Best case scenario, we won't. But we may need to get mobile and I rather bring a gun and won't need it than not bring one at all." Michail responded. His face was still in band-aid's after his meeting with some shattered glass, but he was feeling better and insisted that he could fight.

"OK, we better double time it. Sounds like everyone is heading out all ready."

Both of them loaded into their suits and lifted off on Base Jabbers. Woundworth was still somewhat damaged but was holding on. It was Adams turn to take the frontline.

Bob saw all the commotion happening around him. Getting out of the cock pit he saw a deck hand running by.

"HAY!! What gives? all this commotion is disturbing the rocks and we DO NOT want to mess with them again."

The crewman looked up puzzled.

"Not really sure what you mean about the rocks, but the city of Ginsis is under attack by terrorists. If that thing can run I would get out there if I were you. They could use all the help they can get."

"You here that Buddy we get to go out and play! I hear terrorists are extra crunchy this time of year......Buddy....hellooooo buddy"

Bob shut the hatch and was sealed into complete darkness. The cock pit would not activate.

"Come on Buddy wake up man we are needed. We can't let the bad guys have all the fun! If we get there to late there won't be much to do."

Bob got back out and climbed over to the back pack section and found the main problem. The wiring harness was in shambles.

"NIGEL YOU SAID YOU WOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS!!! YOU BASTARD!!!"

quickly looking around for help he sawa few other techs loading up crates.

"Hay any of you guys know how to get wires back together with other wires really quick like?”
    Last edited by gundammonkey; March 21, 2018 at 3:30 PM.

Consulate

Jensen was standing in a small arms closet a martian soldier beside him what he was looking at in the dimness of the small armory made him smile "They have anti air on some of the roofs I think. Lance, when you get in the air transmit me the feeds, I have an idea." he said over a comms peice walking upto it and grabbing a case, the martian soldier grabbed the other.

"Yeah I can do that, what do you have planned?" Lance asked incredulous as the Highway star began moving out.

"I'm going to demonstrate the combined arms doctrine of Bavaria's 189th Jagdpanzer division." he said heading to an elevator and taking it to the roof the other soldier in tow, whatever was in the two cases seemed to be realitvely weighty.

------------------------

Outside

The Highway Star and Guzman's ship both launched heading for the city center. "We can't open up fire without risking too much damage, go for persice shots with the small canons. We're going to be out there mainly as a sheild for the MS teams, so be prepared for things to get a little rough." Lance was sitting in the captain's chair on edge observing what feeds they were getting in drumming his fingers on the arm rest.

---------------------------------------

Consulate Escape tunnels

Katarina was going though the tunnels down below heading towards the Capitol building carrying a USP at the ready should anyone be down there.

---------------------------------------

Capitol Building

An SAS Captain walked into the room "Madame Govenor, I suggest we evacuate, the building's clear for now, but it's in their line of fire, we can take you from here to the consulate."

"Very well." she sighed. "Are ground response units on the way?" the captain nodded.

"Several Hover APC's are on route, we have Loto's on standby should things warrant larger forces." he said, unlike the men from the breach he was wearing an armored normal suit (think ECOAS) sans helmet holding a P90, two other men were outfitted similarly near him, as well as two men in suits.

"Coming with us?" she asked Baptiste.

"Of course."

"Are their hostages secured yet?" she asked as they left though a side door, it led into a bathroom, but inside of it was a hidden door.

"No but they've seemed to have hit a wall in using them as a sheild, at least as effectively as I think. I don't think they're as prepared as they had hoped. Their initial infiltration of this place failed but I doubt they'll give up." As they entered the hidden halls they began going down towards the Sewer access.

----------------------------------------

Ardun

Right on schedule the ship left from Ardun, Geraldson took his seat at the captain's chair as they began heading south. "How long will it take?"

"ETA should be an hour or so at full speed, about an hour and a half at this."

"gain altitude and give her the beans when we're not to close to the city." he said the helm responded by doing as asked, the ship began to get a bit higher and higher so it could increase speed safely. "Once we get over the southern ocean bring her down and we'll approach a bit slower, once we're over the ice shelf the teams can deploy to get into their positions" it would be quicker if they could fully break orbit but that'd give them away.

- - - Updated - - -

---------------------------

Back at the Ginsis Consulate-on the roof

Jensen looked around, he could see some activity scattered on other roofs, but there were several higher than the consulate which only stood at 20 floors tall average for a decent hotel, as such he couldn't get to some of the anti MS teams on high rises, but it would let him see some of the lower ones on buildings closer to the area of the Capitol building which stood in the distance under them a few blocks off, it would have to do in a pinch once things got a bit clearer he could call in a pick up. "Set her down here." he told the martian, they both dropped their cases, and went to open them, the parts of a Gun were revealed, a large one at that, seprated into two cases and disassembled lay a Steyr IWS2000 (OOC https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_IWS_2000 ) Jensen leaned down to assemble it obviously familiar with the weapon.

"Damn you've done this before?"

"Before I was an MS pilot, I was an Anti-armor rifleman. Lighter APCs, Anti air guns, anything that needed to be disabled quickly but sending in a vehicle would be too much. Even after that, the 189th Rotated it's pilots between other rolls and piloting." he explained, the rifle was finished, he looked around for a decent place to set up, he found one on the ledge to the eastern side it'd give him good lines of sight to take out vehicles and disabled any placed guns in the general combat area. The rest above him were upto lance, the soldier unslung his own weapon, a smaller rifle a SVU.

"I'll cover the roofs above incase anyone gets any ideas." he said.

"Hopefully they'll be pre occupied." he said looking and seeing the incoming base jabbers with MS on them, not long off the ships were begining to approach. "Ships will take a few minutes to get here since they have to keep it slow near the city, but here comes the Calvary."
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; March 20, 2018 at 11:39 PM.

CPT. Blanchard watched as the Zakus walked past the ambush site and the failed ambush. Then checking on the status of the data breach. He gave a quiet chuckle to himself.

Well that’s what you get for including those fringe elements into a plan. But at least they are no longer my headache. So I guess at least something good came of it”
    He got ready to address the rest of the men. But first he had to square things up with his XO.

“LT. Puller, I see we lost the data team, it seems that we have a fox in the hen house. They have started to counter us, and there are forces in this building. Bring it down on their heads. We can’t let them out of this building.”

“Pardon me Sir, but might we first try and re-claim this building? If we lose this building we lose a rather large chip in the game. Those idiots might have gotten themselves killed. But we have men who can handle this.”

“Once again you prove your worth. Keeping me from over reacting. Send them in, saturate them with an over whelming force and take this building back. I need to tell the men something about that botched ambush. But I do see a bright side. As you know if they give you lemons, make lemon aid. Those Zakus may have cleared the ambush, but now they are boxed in. That and I see they are starting to bring in their help. See MS coming in at the three o’clock. Brace for a counter attack, and watch the roof tops, keep the men away from the edges, don’t silhouette themselves and make themselves targets of opportunity, and get more shields around the Anti-MS teams.”

Jumping off the top floor he landed on a secondary roof and addressed his men.

“Brothers! Now is the time of our calling. We will stand here and make the people see just what they mean to this fake Government. They are coming brace for a fight, and make no mistakes they will have no problem destroying this very city to quiet us. The first line was a failure, or so it would seem to them. We have multiple targets coming from the north and the East. To the North we have ground Zakus and they are now trapped. No place for them to go but straight at us. Split the fire power and destroy them where they stand. Long range, concentrate your attack at the incoming MS from the East. They are in flight, so just hold them up and corral them into the Anti-MS teams fields of fire. Special teams see LT Puller for new orders.
    They may actually try to bring in heavy ships but they should not be too much of an issue, unless they truly don’t care about this city. Concentrate on the MS and watch for infiltration from ground forces as well. Make no mistake Brothers we are now in a fight. You have your orders now commence the attack!”

With the words still echoing through the square, Anti-MS teams opened up on the walking Zakus.
    The first two rounds were fired milliseconds apart, the first was a chaff cloud burst engulfing the zakus in a cloud of black smoke and chaff blinding them for the moment. Then the second round found it’s mark and the lead Zakus exploded as a heavy casing HE round tore through its chest.

At the same time the GMs opened up on the incoming MS on their Base jabbers. There was a lone suit flying on its own, but the Gms knew that aiming at a MS with flight was a waste of ammunition.

"A lone suit in with flight followed by the base jabbers...That has to be the leader of that flight group.

“Long range squad, separate the Base Jabbers from that lone suit. Disrupt their chain of command.”

The two Gearas took off to opposite side of the field, getting in position to oversee the fight for their squads.

“Buster, I have an Idea check it out.”

A small data dump opened up in his suit.

“Good to go Sappy looks like it has a small, and I mean SMALL chance of working. But that suit looks fast. But what the hell, nothing to it but to do it!”

The gearas lined up their Bruno guns on rapid fire and took turns shooting one after the other, watching the movement of their pry.

(ooc){They are setting up a bracketing system at the Tallgeese. Shoot at it and if it goes left the following shot is left same if it goes right, up or down. The movement of the Tallgeese puts it in position for the following shot.}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the first rounds of combat people were to excited or busy to notice the movement of the Kempfer and just what he was doing.
    The colonel sent a burst transmission to the chancellor on a private scrambled com channel.

[Tell your commanders of the Troop ground forces that there is going to be an opening, a new back door in 5 minutes from the start of the count. And let the ground MS teams know in a 5 count to go to their right. I’m going to open an egress for them. The count will start with your reply] He attached a map of the new opening that he would make.

He had a detonator ready to go for a series of mines that he already set up to breach the sewer system that would lead to an opening inside the square. He then lined up a Sturm Faust to the right of the approaching Zakus. When fired it would open a hole that would give the Zakus a chance to get out of the kill zone they were stuck in and approach from a two front line.

Can’t let these Asshats actually win or even hold out too long, the set up they have is pretty damn good for holding this place. Plus there are civilians present. While they are not my mission, still have to do what I can to help them get out alive. Now to see if his intell is right and Mr.0630B actually shows up.
    Last edited by gundammonkey; March 21, 2018 at 3:28 PM.

"Red Leader, we've got incoming fire," Nova said to the lead Jesta. "Take command of your Team and stay low." She then hit full throttle on the Tallgeese and flew as low to the ground as she could, using her amazing and blazing speed to her advantage to make it nigh impossible to be locked onto. At the last possible moment she increased her altitude and overshot the entire skirmish to collect data as she flew by, which she then sent back to Red Leader, Lance, and the Highway Star.

Michail and Adam where closing in on the combat zone. As the sky was filled tracers and explosions, they dismounted from their Base Jabbers and begun descending towards the ground.

"Fuck, it feels like it's Norfolk all over again!" Adam said via the comms to Michail. Assault on US main naval base was one of the most heated battles of the decade conflict and the final step in Union forces counterattack against the Confederate forces occupying US.

"Just keep your cool, bob and weave, bob and weave!" Michail guided the Woundworth through the heavy fire, trying to get bead on the the enemy suits on the ground.

As they touched down, they moved with the other mobile suits towards the plaza.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post

Ardun

Right on schedule the ship left from Ardun, Geraldson took his seat at the captain's chair as they began heading south. "How long will it take?"

"ETA should be an hour or so at full speed, about an hour and a half at this."

"gain altitude and give her the beans when we're not to close to the city." he said the helm responded by doing as asked, the ship began to get a bit higher and higher so it could increase speed safely. "Once we get over the southern ocean bring her down and we'll approach a bit slower, once we're over the ice shelf the teams can deploy to get into their positions" it would be quicker if they could fully break orbit but that'd give them away.
    Mizvec arrived shortly afterwards to the bridge.
    "Admiral, my unit is fully prep and ready for deployment at any moment. I've have taken the liberty to also equip some of my reserve units with the new model beam weapons. I calculated that we had substantial surplus on board and the extra firepower would be better used by the higher performance units. I've have not performed any other requisitions for the time being."

Above Ginsis on the Bridge of the Highway Star

The Ship moved above the city, moving slowly due to it's relatively low altitude. "Sir we're receiving telemetry from the Tallgeese III sir, putting it up on display now."

"Good, get me what the martians have, as well as what our own sensors are telling us. Send it all data to Jensen for buildings lower than the consulate." he said overlooking the area. Several of the buildings were brought down Well controlled, a good demolition all things considered. he overlooked the citystreets and what MS deployments they'd made out. Did they...no those aren't overlooked. At least not if they're smart about it.

"Open comms to mars, tell them that sections A4, A6, and B2 should all be evacuated first." he ordered. "They're likely rigged to blow, if they can they should also inspect the buildings for charges. Odds are that's their safety net for their escape route." he said, then saying "Load torpedo pods two and three with flare rounds warn all friendly units to turn the brightness down on their monitors to minimum. Load tubes four and five with smoke rounds."

"Sir, shouldn't we use Chaff instead?"

"No, in these confines it'd ruin our sensor advantage just as much as theirs. No we need a flash bang. Fire the smoke rounds first, detonate them a few hundred feet early, then launch and Detonate the flares at 500 feet above their highest encampment." Lance answered/ordered. "I think it was Dienekes who said that he was glad to be fighting in the shade of the arrow rain of the Medes. Well, we'll give our enemy no such privilege."

"Yeah me and my friend here, we'll just...close our eyes for this I suppose." Jensen said off offhandedly.

"Don't worry if it wasn't safe for human eyes I wouldn't do it. It's MS cameras that'll have more to worry about from this. Still probably for the best to close them." Lance said, he was sure there'd be at least temporary blindness in some people due to this. I can't bomb them but I sure as hell can turn the tide for my men.

--------------------------------------

Capitol Building Escape Tunnels

Katarina had been monitoring the plan as she made her way from the consulate to the Capitol, what bits and pieces were able to make it though the interference. I suppose that's...one way to do it lance. she sighed it was an impressive plan but at the same time it was risky to some degree. Then again it's the surest bet in a situation like this. she continued on until she heard voices, and a light, there were afew people coming, she walked from the corner weapon ready, as she did a few armed mean all drew on her, the Ginsis SAS, the Governor in the middle as well as a tall figure she couldn't make out.

"Katarina dear, why are you in a place like this."

"Making sure you're fine for starters, for two, running from the room to my suit was a tall order in this situation most of the others were at the base, figured I needed something to to do." she lowered her gun.

"Katarina...long time no see. All this time back home and not even a hi. But that's besides the point, let us get going." Baptiste said stepping forward.

Katarina scowled as Baptieste stepped into the Dim light."What is he, doing here."

The Govenor waved her hand in dismissal "A business meeting. Nothing of the wholely illicit sort, just with the state of the world now, connections should be used even ones like Mister Baptiste's."

Baptiste chuckled at that obviously having no malice. "Even criminals can be of use in situations like this. As proven during the war. Let's go."

"Are things clear that way?" one of the SAS soldiers asked. Katarina confirmed it was.

"I know a route that should take us out of the fighting, and near one of families safehouses, the one on Rockford still there?" she asked, Baptiste nodded. "Let's go then." she said simply.

-----------------------------------

Earth Union Argama Class Excelsior

"I suppose that's fine, but in the future please run it by the quartermaster. He's persnickety about these things. He'll get you anything he wants he's resourceful but he's anal about his own inventory" he'd had the same quarter master under his command since the beginning of the decade conflict the man was resourceful and while Geraldson didn't fancy himself a theif, he beleived that the soldiers of the Union should be equipped as well as possible and that too many arms in storage was a waste, if those guns could keep his men alive that point was doubly true in his book.

"We've reached max atmospheric cruising height, bringing her up to max speed now, ETA will be...14 minutes from now."

"Splendid. Makes me glad we don't have to rely on something as slow as a Garuda or similar." he remarked.

----------------------------------

Confederate Capitol Ares City

The news was playing what footage could be garnered from Ginsis, Esmerelda watched as it unfolded the whole delegation watched, eyes from martian Governors, and envoys from every corner of the planet occasionally glancing at the Union representatives. How could they not with this groups pro Union stance. "My people stand ready to aid yours whenever needed"

The ambassador from Ginsis looked over and said nothing, meanwhile the head of the Confederate a slightly fat man looking to be in his early seventies nodded and said in as kind of a voice as one could muster in a situation such as this; "We appreciate your offer."

"Do we?" the ambassador from ginsis said. "Where is the union at now? The Ardun royal force? Nowhere to be seen. So much for neighbors."

"I'm sure if Ginsis asked for help they would of launch-"

"Yet sometimes it's what someone does when no help was asked for that's the most telling."

Esmeralda went to speak, the Ambassador from earth that came with Geraldson put his arm on her shoulder as to stop her, but she ignored it "Yet while our borders were being harassed by criminal organizations armed with MS the past two years off and on, Ginsis has turned a blind eye to us."

"So now it's political."

"Would it not be if we showed up uninvited in this scenario? Need we forget, it's the fact that your known pirate delivery boy crashed into our territory that we're in this situation." her voice was uncharacteristically cold as she stood up. "Excuse me, but I don't think we should continue these talks while this tragedy is in progress. We should have better things to do than to make this abhorrent display of the darker side of human nature political and let it fuel what have been productive talks prior to this."

"I find myself in agreement with this. These talks are adjourned for the time being." The confederate president said.

The Colonel watched and waited for what seemed like an eternity before deciding that waiting could not and would not work any longer. He had to act now. He could see some of what was happening but not everything he needed to get an over view of the situation. Plus he wanted to see if his real pray was going to show up.
    Stowing the Stum Faust he launched up to a building jumping across a couple of building to get a good view of just about the whole field, there were buildings in his field of view, and he did not want to be to0 close to that idiot of a leader. Not yet.

Scanning the sky he saw an opportunity. It was a long shot but he had to give it a shot. Now how to get them to believe him.

This is risky but welcome to war.. Fuck I hope I didn’t just jinx myself with this.

He lined up a secure beam transmission to what he presumed to be the bridge of the ship coming in.

“Mars federation security code authentication number as follows: 06ssuco13345.
    Classification: Your eyes only, Top secret;

Commander of vessel currently inbound to hostile activities. Attached is a map of plans for a new back door. To be opened on your conformation of receipt of this transmission.
    Charges are set to open a back door for an infiltration team into the square.
    Upon conformation have the approaching Zaku task force move to their immediate right flank, a breach will be made for their egress out of the kill zone they were trapped in.
    Please confirm number and Friendly ID tags for inbound MS infiltration and attack teams."

Hopefully that will tell me if Mr.0630B is with them or not. I have good intel that he is driving the same stolen suit, but hell they are linked so he wouldn’t make it too far without it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Captain looked over the field of battle that was forming around him. He had a foreboding feeling.

Something is not right. How did they amass such a force so fast? Where did that ship come from? Very convenient that it was here, and with a contingent of MS on board as well. This was kept quiet until the last moment. Yet it is almost as if they were waiting for us. Do we have a leak in the basement?

He was watching as a large ship was approaching and how his heavy weapons teams split up the incoming MS. The one flying suit took off leaving the rest to fend for themselves. But the movement was beyond fast. His two Lt tried to get a bracket on it but by the time they put the round in the air the suit was already gone. And now it was building top level and coming straight at them.

“GUNNERS AA FLAT NOW!! INCOMING MS FAST MOVER! GO GO GO !!”

His men sent up a wall of chaff and more black smoke and right behind it a wall of machine gun fire, followed alternating volleys by two ZAKUS with their 120mm machine guns.
    As they fired it was already too late the MS hit a burst of even more speed and banked and rolled around the shots like they were standing still in the air.

As that was happening he saw that the other squad was taking cover in the forest of buildings.

“Weapons Platoon, break off volley fire. Break into squads. “Alpha” set standard direct fire at avenue “B” we will be having company from that route. As they approach I want a progression of fire. If they get through and they come close to engaging with the secondary line of defenses blow the secondary targets and bury them where they stand!
    Bravo take aim at the ship, half AP rounds followed by HE, aim at the engines, and bridge! We may not sink her, but we can do our best to make her bleed enough to stay clear.”

God I wish we had a bit more time to gather more forces that is our main weak spot, we just don’t have adequate air power or AA protection. We have to get that ship to either stop or even better retreat out of range. I have to move valuable assets away from their tasks to deal with that ship. There was nothing in the Intell about ships like that

“Snipers and Anti-MS Teams, set for shoot and maneuver contact formations. Cover each other’s egress, and don’t forget too keep your shield moving with you as well. Change rounds, snipers use sticky rounds aim for the cameras, blind them. Anti-MS Teams ready your route traps.”

Changing position to cover the approaching task force he watched the way they were assembling for their assault.

The routes are blocked so no real worry about APCs and Guntanks getting through yet. They will have to dismount and get in on foot. Right into our kill boxes. So we will have to keep a close eye on the MS they are sending. Speaking of which, it looks like they are going ahead with ground assets good we are set for that. We will have to do something about that fruit fly they have up there. Where is that pest?...

Turning back to the fight he set up the platoons.

“Lt.s, They are coming from the East and North, set a couple OPs to cover the sensors and watch for infiltration from the South and West. This might be to get our attention away from that side. Cover our collective asses if you don’t mind please.”

With his attention turned to the fight he did not see that the fast mover was setting up for another pass. The ground troops were mobilizing and reinforcing the barricades prepping the North and East for the coming assault.

Nova flew back into the city and landed near a group of enemy Mobile Suits. "Red Team, form up on me. Non-lethal combat only," she commanded. She raised her shield to tank incoming damage, relying on the strength of Neo-Gundanium. She shot out her Heat Rod and snagged the leg of one enemy and dragged it into its comrades. She then lunged forward and stabbed a beam saber into another enemy, purposefully missing explosive components and aiming only to disable the Mobile Suits.
    Last edited by Twitch; March 24, 2018 at 8:11 PM.

Adam and Michail started their descent towards the combat area on their base jabbers when suddenly....

A shell fired by one of the Geara Dogas hit directly Michails jabber, making it plumet downwards.

"Sonnova.....I'm detaching!" Michail released Woundworth from the jabber, beginning his now unassisted descent.

"Can you make it?" Adam inquired, slightly worried over his comrade. But he soon realized he should be worrying about himself. Another shell barely missed him, making him to take evasive maneuvers.

"These guys can at least shoot straight."

"Adam, now is not the time to compliment the bad guys!" Michail managed to set his suit down safely and in one piece. Adam landed his jabber safely as well, landing few hundred meters apart.

"We are few hundred meters from the target area. We could use the north western route to flank these guys killzone and see if we can surprise them." Michail was analyzing the street layout and making plans.

"Worth a shot. The local forces where getting their asses kicked at the plaza."

"Let's move-ADAM; EVADE!!" A shot from a Geara Dogas beam rifle barely missed the Hazel. The two suits had managed to sneak up on the duo during their descent. Now they continued their attack.

Both Adam and Michail took cover behind nearby buildings. This did little to deter the Dogas attack. They started to shoot through buildings , shots coming dangerously to hitting.

"They are shooting through the god damn buildings!" Adam shouted, continuing his evasion.

"Bastards have no care for collateral. Not surprising for cut throat terrorists."

"Sir we have telemetry from friendly suits out there, they've dimmed their optics." the comm officer said. "Also sir we're receiving a transmission from some Martian Secure network."

"Really?" he asked. "Run the code's validity."

"I already have, it's an older code, but it checks out." Lance put his hands together in thought he told the comm officer to open it. "It gives coordinates to another planned entry route, from what we've gathered there's minimal activity there military or otherwise, it seems to make sense."

"I see. Okay then, who hasn't launched yet...send Bob, his suit should be nearly finished, if there isn't too much activity there should be safe to put him there." Lance reasoned. "Gunners, launch the smoke volley now." he said, the smoke missiles launched, detonating just outside of the range of battle. "Fire the flares now! Let us show the world the Highway Star flies once again." he said, they launched the flares the smoke hiding them once they were on the other side they detonated, blinding many of the enemy MS. "Nows you're chance," Lance said to the friendly forces "Push back while they're off balance." he then got on the comms to Bob "Bob, are you ready to launch?"

The two Lts started to join in with the GMs attack hitting one of the incoming MS right out of the sky and forcing another to land early. The GMS poured on their direct fire not caring what they hit to clear a path to the incoming MS.
    The two Gears took up flanking positions on either side of the avenue where the incoming MS were being forced to land.

“Good shootin’ Buster! Knocked that dolt right out of the sky. Hope they can fight better than they can fly.”

"Damn right I did, hay sappy I think they are trying to hide from you. Did you scare them already?"

“It is hard to scare something who is already scared like little bunnies. Time to have a little fun with these two. It seems they are the ones in charge of this little outing here. But did you see what I saw when that one fell from his sled?”

I sure did.

They both hit their external speakers.

Well what do you know two cherries in beat up old crap trying to join in a real fight.”

“Tell me about it brother, I see one of them already busted his arm up! And he hasn’t even been in the fight a few second and his damn suit is already falling apart. I bet he’s shacking so bad in that suit he freekin’ shook it apart!
    Hay jerk wad! What happened you bust your arm trying to wank your buddy’s tool!!

What the hell kind of talk is that? Kind of childish. I mean we should be nicer to them, they are scared enough as it is. Like little bunnies, Poor babies. Hay squirrel nuts! How did you break that arm? First day in an old suit? Did you fall down and go boom? Sad little panda. I saw the way you fell off that jabber, gong out into a fight with a busted suit, what a tool. Tell you what, go ahead and just finish pissing yourself and go home already. What the hell is up with that other one? I mean really your buddy gets knocked out of the sky and the first thing you do is hide? I mean really, they guy busts up his suit taking care of you, and you probably didn't even give him the common courtesy of a reach around! Wow what a mighty warrior you are. You’re about a tough as chewing gum, and as helpful as tits on a bull. Hell I’ve seen a bind, one legged girl do a better job fighting in an ass kicking contest than the two of you just trying to get TO a fight. What a bunch of F**ktards!

As the two suits took shelter behind building. The Gears changed up their fire patterns.
    Going back to private channels.

Sappy I think they might try a different route. Or something stupid like that. I say we just finish these f**ktards here and now. Go through the building if we have to but let’s just put them down and move on.

“Sounds good to me boss.”

With that they started to aim with thermals and shooting through building to get at their targets.
    As they made holes in the buildings around their targets it was getting easier to find them on their targeting systems. Then the world went black for them.

The flares had gone off and on of the flares was directly overhead, their optics were going through a system reboot.
    They started to shoot in a random spread pattern. Trying to make it look like they were doing it on purpose.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tallgeese came back and in a blur took out two Zakus but did not destroy them. The first was dragged off its feet and into the other. He held onto his gun and as the Tall geese thrust its weapon through the other Zaku he opened up emptying his clip at the Tallgeese.

The Captain turned to see the Tall gees take out his men with relative ease.

“Damn that thing”

Turning to two GMs and some of the reinforcements

“PUT THAT SUIT DOWN! TAKE IT OUT NOW BEFORE IT GETS BACK IN THE AIR!”

Two GMS standing only around 50 feet away took direct aim at the Tallgees with their main cannons, as two Jegans came at the Tall gees shooting their rifles in one hand and lighting sabers in the other.
    The GMs fired but as the Jegans came in they were blinded by multiple bright lights. The flares had gone off, their optics were over worked and shut down for a system reboot.
    One Jegan just went for it blind, he kept coming to the spot he last knew swinging his blade and hoping.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gms who were targeting the Highway star were suddenly blind as well. But they still had the telemetry of where the ship was and they could guess as to where it might be and they started to just carpet bomb the area. Shooting blindly they all switched over to HE rounds hoping to make a flack wall.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Captain was luckily looking down when the flares went off, his vision was still dimmed but not off. He could see that his entire MS fleet was blind and starting to fall apart. He could give orders but to give direction and orders together would take too long. Plus his men were reacting in a good military fashion. They remembered were their own men were so friendly fire was not a worry yet.

“That blasted ship. Good move Captain, but it is only a temporary setback. We have the high ground still.”
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Colonel was looking directly at the ship when the flares went off, with no warning what so ever. His suit was down.

“S**t! WTF Good thing I wasn’t in the middle of a jump. That fucking bastard.”

He quickly switched over to ground radar but it would not help him spot his real target. And the ID tag was not transmitting.

“No transponder yet, so that means one of two things. He is either not here, or he disabled it. That I find highly unlikely. He would have to destroy the whole damn suit to do that. And that would mean destroying himself. This better not be a damn bust.”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Hanger bay Bob was finishing up stowing the harness into its armor slot when Lance called him.
    Jumping back into the cockpit Bob opened up the channel.

“Hi Boss Man! Technically yes we are ready, but I still have the paint to finish, a bit of detailing to do. Maybe a good wax job to make Buddy really shine, and then we really should do lunch. Then a nap…But judging from the thumping and rolling of the ship I have a feeling that you would rather we skip the nap right?”

As Bob was rambling on he fired up Buddy and hit the hanger door opening it to the outside. The side of the ship he was on was the opposite side of the battle, so he saw nothing. So instead of jumping out, he just poked his head out of the door and looked around.

“One more little thing….are you sure we are under attack or something? I don’t see a damn thing out here.”

At that moment a stray round from a GM exploded right outside the door peppering Buddy with flack. Then another went off just below him again peppering him with more flack.

“WHAT THE EVER LOVING CRAPPY TYPE OF F**KERY IS THIS S**T!! I haven’t even finished the damn paint job and you go and F**k it up!! That’s it someone is definitely going to have to die for this crap! And on top of that I will miss lunch and nap time! Now that is some evil sh**t right there.”

With that Bob grabbed his new shield and his custom rifle and launched out of the ship.

“Sorry Boss man I can’t finish this little talk we were having I have to go kill something. It was a beautiful moment we were having there, but it is OK I won’t this come between us. I still feel the love. The love that is spread around like Jelly on a Jelly roll! It’s OK we all need a moment every now and then, but be strong I won’t be gone long. Be my brave little ship’s captain, I know you have it in you. Be brave I will return!”

Nova held up her shield and took the incoming fire, ensuring no collateral damage. At the last moment she adjusted her cameras to avoid being blinded, then charged in. As the enemies were blinded she ut their hands off at the wrist. She parried and dodged the incoming Jegan and disarmed it in a similar manner.

--------------------

"Hey, you, get off the catapult!" a technician yelled at Carl.

"It's okay, I fixed my suit!" Carl responded. "I had to Strategically Transfer Equipment from an Alternate Location, but everything works!
    I just hope that Bob doesn't mind that some parts came from his stash."

"Whatever, you're still not launching!"

"Alright, chums, I'm back. Let's do this!" Carl ran and jumped off the ship. "Leeroy Jenkins!"

"Oh my God, he just ran in."