Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Red frame Astray

Finally with the Amazing Red Warrior and 00 Raiser out of the way I can make a start on the Astray.

Still being a Gundam newb I'm probably going to go with the Lowe decal on the custom stand (see my other stands to understand what I'm talking about) unless anyone has a better suggestion?

- - - Updated - - -

edit: The logo is the Junk Guild logo with Lowe over the top to signify the pilot.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark; October 11, 2016 at 7:49 AM.

Re: Painted custom MG Astray Red Frame

So will you still be keeping its orginal colour or going for a totally new colour scheme?

I'm going to stick with reds whites and alclad metals and re-do all the gold. I will probably strip the chrome and re-do it in a mix of alclad chrome and stainless steel. The reds will be a mix of anodized/candy look by doing the alclad steel in different shades coated with layers of clear red there will be some straight red. I'm doing it as a fairly clean full paint. I've been having a lot of fun with the alclad paints. I got a set of waterslides off ebay at the same time.

I might get a blue frame to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm going to stick with reds whites and alclad metals and re-do all the gold. I will probably strip the chrome and re-do it in a mix of alclad chrome and stainless steel. The reds will be a mix of anodized/candy look by doing the alclad steel in different shades coated with layers of clear red there will be some straight red. I'm doing it as a fairly clean full paint. I've been having a lot of fun with the alclad paints. I got a set of waterslides off ebay at the same time.

I might get a blue frame to go with it.
    oh thats cool. I cant get chrome even if my life depends on it.

I'm lucky that I go interstate for work and one of the places I go to happens to have one of the few stores left in Aus that actually still stocks and sells Alclad. I buy up whenever I can. I'm cleaning up a few pieces now and work permitting, I'll post up a few pics of some individual trial pieces soon.

Bro u got pm :$

Got a bit side tracked.... See the picture. LOL

I have made a start and decided I'm not happy with all the waterslides I have for the red frame. In particular I have none of the main ones for the Tactical Arms II L so I have scanned the kit dry transfer and adhesive stickers and will use Corel draw to draw over these and make some new ones. I have cut out and de-nubbed a few parts for the weapons so as soon as I clean up the mess in the pic I'll be back into it.
    Attached Images

Got a bit side tracked.... See the picture. LOL

I have made a start and decided I'm not happy with all the waterslides I have for the red frame. In particular I have none of the main ones for the Tactical Arms II L so I have scanned the kit dry transfer and adhesive stickers and will use Corel draw to draw over these and make some new ones. I have cut out and de-nubbed a few parts for the weapons so as soon as I clean up the mess in the pic I'll be back into it.

whats that in the pic? is it a 00?

Yes, It's the MG 00 (Seven Swords G). After doing the raiser it looked lacking in some areas so I'm stripping, cleaning up and getting the young lad I've been helping out to re-paint a lot of the parts using a few of the techniques I've shown him.

Yes, It's the MG 00 (Seven Swords G). After doing the raiser it looked lacking in some areas so I'm stripping, cleaning up and getting the young lad I've been helping out to re-paint a lot of the parts using a few of the techniques I've shown him.
    Ha ok so u r gonna change from red frame to the 00 now(

Nah, still doing the red frame, just slowed down while I clear the 00 out. I'm hoping to get some painting on the red frame done later tonight when I get home from work.

Playing with different red effects. The white on the swords has to be edged with grey, painted white then lined and dull coated. I'll probably do that tomorrow along with dull coating the handle. I'm reasonably happy so far. This is the darkest shade I will use. Parts of the frame will be the same colour and others a lighter candy. I did some small edge chips to reveal silver on parts of the red. I may give one final thin clear red coat and then a dull coat so it stays fairly satin.
    Attached Images

Looking good.

One sword completed, other one just needs some lining and a final dullcoat on the sheath. I'm not sure if I'll do the 2 extra pieces in the white sheath red or not. Lots seem to do them red, but it doesn't look bad all white. What does everyone think? I went more for a textured red leather type look on the sheath, the frame work will definitely be more like anodized aluminium.

I would probably have more done, but I'm still re-working the 00G at the same time.

I'm hoping the weather will improve a bit here so I can get back out into the shed and the spray booth and get started on something more substantial, like the body or legs.
    Attached Images

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

I like it all white like you have it. Good job on the gold paint. I have this kit and the "Gold" parts really suck the way they made them. I'm not sure if they really know what Gold even looks like some times. LOL your swords are looking good to go.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/