Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    He is stunningly realistic! Amazing job, sir!!!

Отправлено с моего iPad используя Tapatalk

Re: BigDaddyCruiser's Completed Builds!

That is mighty impressive. What method of weathering did you use to achieve the flaked edge look? Hairspray?

Quote Originally Posted by justicebeaver View Post
    That is mighty impressive. What method of weathering did you use to achieve the flaked edge look? Hairspray?
    Nah just a sponge and black paint. Only the gold is painted. The rest is just top coated plastic.

Wow. That's even more impressive. Dumb question, but what type of sponge?

Quote Originally Posted by justicebeaver View Post
    Wow. That's even more impressive. Dumb question, but what type of sponge?
    A sponge sponge? idk lol it was just from a variety pack of sponges I got from Michael's

It was one that was a little more dense. It definitely wasn't like a dish sponge.

Ok. Yea....i know odd question haha. I've tried using sponges I purchased from Wal-Mart and the results were poor, generally. Umm.... they were dish sponges though lol. Trial and error. Seeing your results, I'm going to have to check michaels for sponges ha.

Totally personnel but im not that keen on it, the axe and the weathering looks good i just don't think the damage looks convincing. I think the fact that i don't really like the MS don't help.

Keep up the good work and its cool your getting to do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by rockpopandchips View Post
    Totally personnel but im not that keen on it, the axe and the weathering looks good i just don't think the damage looks convincing. I think the fact that i don't really like the MS don't help.

Keep up the good work and its cool your getting to do commissions.
    To be honest, I hate the Lupus Rex as well. Probably my least favorite Gundam out there. And also if this were for my own personal collection, I would've done the damage differently to be a bit more realistic.

While discussing with the customer, I asked if he wanted it more anime accurate or realistic and he wanted it to lean towards more anime-esque with some realism. After I did the head and torso, he said he was pleased so I kind of continued that theme throughout.

- - - Updated - - -

Finished this HG Schwalbe Graze recently for a giveaway on my youtube channel. I'm pleased with the kit and the way it came out (especially the legs.)

there were a few spots I missed and I really should have gone back and fixed them (for example the inside of the lower legs and small knee armor.)

Looking back I also should have painted the frame (it's just the plastic dry brushed.) I'm also not sure how I feel about the weathering. It looks fine but it didn't come out exactly how I wanted it to witha multi-layered feel. I think I'll have to try it again, but use a fine tip brush to deliberately define chips.

But other than that I think it came out good.

Completed this custom Io Frame Shiden that I'm calling the Io Frame Shiden Half Cannon. I'm really pleased with how it came out and didn't really talk much about it (I just wanted to take a break from social media and build a kit for myself hehe)

The cannon is from the HG Grimgerde. The colors I used were Vallejo Olive Green, Yellow Olive, Burnt Umber, and Tamiya Gunmetal. After painting I did some dry brushing of silver and some streaking with a fan brush and watered down light brown.

The idea behind the weather was that this suit has been trudging around the forest while it was raining for the past couple days and this is how it looks after a day of no rain - kind of like how a car would look in the same situation. I went a little heavier with the streaking at the legs because as the water trickles down, it's gonna bring more crap and junk with it and it would build up more towards the bottom.

There are some tonal differences in the paint finish (I still have a lot to improve on) but overall, I think I did well. Please let me know what you all think!

Looks like he really was in a forest great job!

Отправлено с моего iPad используя Tapatalk