Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: BigDaddyCruiser's Completed Builds!

The Perfect Gundam looks great, now to me red canister on the sides don't work as well as the one on the back. They are all nicely done but the one on the back looks right.

Quote Originally Posted by rockpopandchips View Post
    The Perfect Gundam looks great, now to me red canister on the sides don't work as well as the one on the back. They are all nicely done but the one on the back looks right.
    Any specific reason why the side canisters don't work for you? I'm curious!

What would you have done differently I always appreciate good feedback

This looks so good! In those colors it matches.....perfectly. .hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefyme View Post
    This looks so good! In those colors it matches.....perfectly. .hehe
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCruiser View Post
    Any specific reason why the side canisters don't work for you? I'm curious!

What would you have done differently I always appreciate good feedback
    I think the back canister on the back looks so much like a fuel tank and the small side canisters don't (to me). It's hard to put my finger on why but it might be if the cylinder part was red and triangle shape on the sides was painted white they might look a little more canister like. I hope that makes some sense and it ready is only one small part of a nicely put together MS and one that I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it.

Super Moderator

^I Think its that the red is very similar to the red on the stomach. It kind of looks like its connected.

Chipping looks great, and the new colors look much better than the toyish normal colors on the heavy armor. I've said this in the past on some of your other builds, the sticker decals are very distracting and take you out of the work imo. Water slides are pretty cheap and easy to use. The hard edge of those stickers catches your weathering materials and really make them show.

Capture.JPG

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rockpopandchips View Post
    I think the back canister on the back looks so much like a fuel tank and the small side canisters don't (to me). It's hard to put my finger on why but it might be if the cylinder part was red and triangle shape on the sides was painted white they might look a little more canister like. I hope that makes some sense and it ready is only one small part of a nicely put together MS and one that I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it.
    I think I know what you're saying haha thanks for the feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    ^I Think its that the red is very similar to the red on the stomach. It kind of looks like its connected.

Chipping looks great, and the new colors look much better than the toyish normal colors on the heavy armor. I've said this in the past on some of your other builds, the sticker decals are very distracting and take you out of the work imo. Water slides are pretty cheap and easy to use. The hard edge of those stickers catches your weathering materials and really make them show.

Capture.JPG
    ugh I know >.< I forgot to trim that particular sticker on the leg. Honestly I didn't expect to put as much work as I did into this so I didn't order waterslides in advance and I'm a bit impatient when it comes to waiting for decals especially if the kits already comes with some some sort of decal. I know I'm making excuses here! Maybe I should look into how to print my own waterslides so I don't have to wait on people like SamuelDecal or otherwise.

Fortunately for my 1/100 Dynames, I've already got the waterslides that I ordered months ago from Samuel since I plan to paint that.