Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: NEXT GUNDAM SHOW Twitter poll

Johnny Ridden? You mean the Crimson Comet?

You mean "Crimson Lightning" Johnny Ridden, one of Zeon's top Ace's, member of the elite Chimera Corps, and possible lover of Kycyllia Zabi but that last one is unconfirmed.

That guy's awesome, they do some Ridden MC Gundam show and it'll probably one of the only times I don't b*tch and complain about UC.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    You mean "Crimson Lightning" Johnny Ridden, one of Zeon's top Ace's, member of the elite Chimera Corps, and possible lover of Kycyllia Zabi but that last one is unconfirmed.

That guy's awesome, they do some Ridden MC Gundam show and it'll probably one of the only times I don't b*tch and complain about UC.
    I was making a joke at Johnny Ridden's expense.

Super Moderator

With the revamp of the blue destiny manga, it would be nice if they did a series for that!

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mythos-018 View Post
    What exactly is UC 2? How is this different from another new work from UC? Sorry for the noob question.
    I've seen another translation of the poll questions that made it sound like the last option was instead adapting another U.C. manga,novel, .etc. But Unicorn 2 would likely be a direct sequel story.

It also gets confusing because U.C. is universal century but UC is Unicorn.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Man id love some more UC side stories. some blue destiny (i like it because it kills a lot of GMs. (but then i love anything that kills GMs)). Some Johnny ridden would be even better for all the SWEET SWEET GLORIOUS ZEONIC AWESOMENESS!!!.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Personally I'm a little burnt out on the OYW/Build upto OYW at this point. I mean Thunderbolt was neat (Granted mostly because I got further into the manga when the OVA was announced which does something that isn't just OYW again later on). Personally if we're gonna get more late UC I want to see more Gryps/First Neo Zeon war) era stuff.

Plus there's so much stuff not told or perfect for adaption bait, Sentinel, AoZ, Ecole Du Ciel, and Return of Ridden (which a good chunk of the MSV-R stuff is anyways, even if technically it's post NZ war pre CCA). That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Personally I'm a little burnt out on the OYW/Build upto OYW at this point. I mean Thunderbolt was neat (Granted mostly because I got further into the manga when the OVA was announced which does something that isn't just OYW again later on). Personally if we're gonna get more late UC I want to see more Gryps/First Neo Zeon war) era stuff.

Plus there's so much stuff not told or perfect for adaption bait, Sentinel, AoZ, Ecole Du Ciel, and Return of Ridden (which a good chunk of the MSV-R stuff is anyways, even if technically it's post NZ war pre CCA). That's just me though.
    Seriously. There's only so much One Year War stuff you can make. Like you, I'd like to see some more Gryps War stuff like Sentinel and Ecole Du Ciel.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Yeah Gryps and Late UC is what I want to see. And CB is a means to an end for Late UC. (aside from I like it)

But yeah Gryps really needs to be fleshed out if they want to keep it early it only really has two (three counting ANT) major animated things in it. And even though it has a decent ammount of manga still nowhere near the OYW (hell probably less than Late UC even)

I'm probably more fixated on the OYW than most, but jeez, we've had Thunderbolt AND Origin at the same time. That's more than enough OYW for quite a while. And both of those are heavily Zeon focused. At this point, the majority of the U.C. OVAs are.

Yeah, I already said it before but Ecole Du Ciel is definitely what I'd want adapted the most so the story can actually be finished.

I haven't seen past the first episode of the Thunderbolt OVA so I can't comment on it too much, but at least the Manga seemed pretty well balanced between the Zeon and Feddie sides unlike most. Granted I haven't read the last volume, maybe more depending on translating. Need to get around that.

Actually seeing a more feddie oriented OVA would be nice, and if we do get a OYW story I wouldn't actually mind (though would honestly prefer non OYW stuff still but if I had to choose) We're Federation Hooligans honestly even if it's one of those things that pushes the tech a bit lol, though that's mostly it's sequel Katana. (Or Blue destiny, it splits the line pretty well, Blazing shadow would be nice too, though it's shortly post OYW, but it has some GM's I want to see animated)

Though ideally, I'd want OVAs for some non-U.C. stuff.

Like, for example, in G Gundam they tease you at the end for a sequel. "See you at the 14th Gundam Fight Tournament."

You could easily make a sequel tournament into an OVA, regardless of the length. Have some old scores settled, bring in new fighters, bring in some new Gundams. Though I'd say maybe make Domon a mentor like Master Asia instead of the protag. And there's also an untranslated manga about a previous Gundam fight tournament. Maybe that?

Though you could do that with any era, really. G Reco would be great for example because there's a rich setting to explore. Still U.C. but it's post-U.C. SEED is popular and seems to have a lot of material to adapt, same with Wing. Hell, a Wing OVA would sell a fair amount blu rays in America. Bill it as a sequel/prequel whatever to Endless Waltz or something. They could use that opportunity to maybe sell some of those P-Bandai Wing kits as normal kits over here, maybe along with a ton of HGAC Wing Gundams. You get the idea.

But early U.C. was first so naturally it gets the attention and care.
    Last edited by Riah; September 13, 2016 at 1:33 PM.

There's a few G manga I'd love to see translated, IIRC there's a 14th Gundam Fight one and the 7th, which is where Master Asia was Neo Japan's Gundam fighter. Also goes into how he became the King of Hearts. And yeah AC and CE both have allot. Really wouldn't mind seeing Astray stuff getting animated or G-Unit. Actually I'd squeel for G Unit. Hell I'd settle for Frozen Teardrop just to see the crazyness. (I mostly want to see the internet shit storm though)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    There's a few G manga I'd love to see translated, IIRC there's a 14th Gundam Fight one and the 7th, which is where Master Asia was Neo Japan's Gundam fighter. Also goes into how he became the King of Hearts. And yeah AC and CE both have allot. Really wouldn't mind seeing Astray stuff getting animated or G-Unit. Actually I'd squeel for G Unit. Hell I'd settle for Frozen Teardrop just to see the crazyness. (I mostly want to see the internet shit storm though)
    How about some of the Gundam X mangas as ovas?

Quote Originally Posted by Cagliostro81 View Post
    How about some of the Gundam X mangas as ovas?
    There's only been one Gundam X manga: Under the Moonlight. Unfortunately, Gundam X under-performing in Japan will always work against anything from the After War era getting animated.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church