Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940 LastLast

Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

That's pretty slick; I like the sound of that explanation.
    It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

My WIPs - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...8-Urban-s-WIPs

My Completed Kits - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...-Sniper-s-Hide

forgot to add this part. This also explains why heat weapons wouldn't work (much to my chagrin) due to the fact that heat weapons use electromagnetism to superheat their blades (which also explains to all UC folks why a Gouf or Zaku or Dom's weapons can go toe to toe with a beam sword FTR) and therefore the electromagnetic shielding would nullify that as well

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Also, the Mobile Armors were made first to wipe out humans, and then the Mobile Suit was made to fight the Mobile Armors. That also adds to why the laminate armor works well against beams: that was its intended purpose from the beginning.

Agreed Agreed! However...weren't MA's made with NL as well. Therefore if im right that means the humans were using particle beams as well? OO

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I think the ma's were supposed to be an automated defense system that ran amok, hence the time frame being called, post calamity. As for the nano-laminate armor, I'm pretty sure it wasn't like anti-beam coating. If we looking into the basis of beam weaponry, we are dealing with heat, and pressure. As seen in the show, the machines themselves were able to take significant impact damage before being destroyed. Even the slightest amount of heat shielding added to that, would render beam weapons as little more than squirt guns.

Nano-Laminate, likely refers to nano lamination, meaning the armors construction was that of multiple layer types at the nano scale, allowing them to both increase the units overall durability, as well as to allow it to dissipate heat at a rapid rate. This would allow the units to completely shrug off beam shots, but it could be over-whelmed by prolong exposure to heat, such as napalm, however, beam melee weapons, as well as heat weapons would have their thermal effects completely negated when it came to standard attacks.

As for prolonged heating, I think their primary concern was cooking the pilot. Like the fate of the Kid's Gin in Stargazer, you heat the suit long enough, and the occupant is gonna die.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

An interesting thought. So pretty much the amplification of the Ahab reactor didn't create an I-field like phenomenon?

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Agreed Agreed! However...weren't MA's made with NL as well. Therefore if im right that means the humans were using particle beams as well? OO
    This makes the calamity wars very interesting. Does this mean the primary weapons was beam weaponry? Honestly, now I really want a series based in this war. Reminds me of the Neue Ziel vs federation ships in 0083. Plus it would be a big change having Gjallarhorn be the heroes. Almost mirror the creation of the Titans in 0083 also. With the 72 gundam frames I also get a gundam X/ 00 vibe. It would be like an armed intervention from Gjallarhorn against MAs. Also we would find out what happened to the cockpit of the Barbatos. Maybe it never had a Alaya-Vijnana system in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon View Post
    I think the ma's were supposed to be an automated defense system that ran amok, hence the time frame being called, post calamity. As for the nano-laminate armor, I'm pretty sure it wasn't like anti-beam coating. If we looking into the basis of beam weaponry, we are dealing with heat, and pressure. As seen in the show, the machines themselves were able to take significant impact damage before being destroyed. Even the slightest amount of heat shielding added to that, would render beam weapons as little more than squirt guns.

Nano-Laminate, likely refers to nano lamination, meaning the armors construction was that of multiple layer types at the nano scale, allowing them to both increase the units overall durability, as well as to allow it to dissipate heat at a rapid rate. This would allow the units to completely shrug off beam shots, but it could be over-whelmed by prolong exposure to heat, such as napalm, however, beam melee weapons, as well as heat weapons would have their thermal effects completely negated when it came to standard attacks.

As for prolonged heating, I think their primary concern was cooking the pilot. Like the fate of the Kid's Gin in Stargazer, you heat the suit long enough, and the occupant is gonna die.
    I guess I should have clarified that its like Anti-beam coating in the sense that it needs to be reapplied. Not that its on the surface like anti-beam coating.

Seeing on the internet that Kudelia and Atra ended up getting married. Kudelia wanted to keep her promise to Mikazuki that she would take care of Atra and Akatsuki.

Akatsukis full name is Akatsuki Mixtra Bernstein

Also Gali is indeed paralyzed. Seems he got paralyzed at the end of S1 but was able to walk to do to the AV Type E system. Since he got the AV-E removed he is paralyzed again.

Almiria ended up going insane due to McGillis dying and the directors perfect vision was one where Tekkadan accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Director Nagai also wanted Tekkadan to suffer/die because he thought they were all evil and should be punished.

Still not 100% sure if this is legit but it seems to be.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like fan spank to me.

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBayGundam View Post
    Seeing on the internet that Kudelia and Atra ended up getting married. Kudelia wanted to keep her promise to Mikazuki that she would take care of Atra and Akatsuki.

Akatsukis full name is Akatsuki Mixtra Bernstein

Also Gali is indeed paralyzed. Seems he got paralyzed at the end of S1 but was able to walk to do to the AV Type E system. Since he got the AV-E removed he is paralyzed again.

Almiria ended up going insane due to McGillis dying and the directors perfect vision was one where Tekkadan accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Director Nagai also wanted Tekkadan to suffer/die because he thought they were all evil and should be punished.

The three things that seem to be believable off that list is Gaelio being paralyzed (obviously), Kudelia and Atra getting married, and Almiria going insane. Other than that...I'm not truly sure on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBayGundam View Post

As I mention in my last post. The esposide 50 IS kinda a revised ending. Was made to make everyone happy.

Yeah I severely doubt that. Rewatch the episodes before the finale. While at the time everyone was too busy wondering about the end, we missed the character resolutions before hand. Almiria already said she was Mackie's wife and would live with the consequences of his actions. The same with showing the fate of the surviving Turbines.

All this stuff is fan spank.

Kudelia, and Atra, are also living with Cookie, and Cracker, so now are they a lesbian covenant? Give me a break.

Thus stuff used to be 4Chan fodder, now it's got Redit to.

As to the paralysis, It took McGillis, how long to make a safe adult implant, it would take a while to safely remove it. And the height of the bandages would make him a quadraplegic if it was nerve damage. Yet he clearly moves his hands.

I've been thinking about how the series ended and I've realized that the quote "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" applies to Tekkadan rather well. Tekkadan could have been considered heroes after what they did in the first season, somewhat exposing some of the corruption within Gjallarhorn. In the second season though their alignment with McGillis Fareed and how Orga got blinded with becoming the "King of Mars" ultimately led to them being viewed in a negative light by many. Thus leading them to be viewed as the villain as the series came to it's conclusion who recklessly pursued a unobtainable dream. Even if they did succeed and did become the "King of Mars" I don't think it would've been well received and they'd still be viewed as villains time went on.

hey guys whats up? Its been a while. Let me get right into it. I hated the ending at first for obvious reasons but after digesting it and re-watching it, I like the ending a lot. I loved how Ride is off on his own as his own boss in what looks remnants of Tekkadon. I love how Akatsuki looks like Mika and talks like him but has Atra's hair color. Barbatos and Gusion's final moments were everything I've ever wanted but I do wish Julietta died but fuck you Lok so I'm happy. What would you guys think if they made a spinoff series of IBO focusing on Ride or a prequel that shows the calamity war. That would be awesome, I would love to see Barbatos original pilot, to see which form of Gusion was used, maybe even see Gundam Astaroth from the manga involved also

I'm wondering if there will be a follow up series set some years down the road. It seems Ride's the type to hold a grudge, so no doubt he's gunning for Rustal, somehow. And there are sure to be plenty of people out there who still don't like Gjallarhorn or what they stand for. I imagine there are quite a few families in the Dort colonies who have some big issues with them, regardless of whether they've been reformed or not. Definitely could lead to some resistance movements, especially now that Mars has been more or less freed.
    It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

My WIPs - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...8-Urban-s-WIPs

My Completed Kits - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...-Sniper-s-Hide