Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041 LastLast

Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

Did they use distorted wolf sounds when BLR went into beast mode? I thought I heard some type of howling and growling during the fight everytime it moved around.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBayGundam View Post
    Did they use distorted wolf sounds when BLR went into beast mode? I thought I heard some type of howling and growling during the fight everytime it moved around.
    That you did those thrusters were just screaming. I absolutely loved it

see you later spacecowboy

I'm still in mourning today,

I just think of how adorable akatsuki is and I feel less bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris_Aznable View Post
    I just think of how adorable akatsuki is and I feel less bummed.
    oooh my god, yeees, that made it all worth it to see Mika and Atra's adorable child. Akatsuki was so cute, and it's cute how attached to Kudelia he is.

Now that the show is over I say that most of the Anime is alright in my book. Yeah I was sore at first at how it ended but A it was never done before save OO (if you don't count Season 2), B their sacrifices and deaths were not in vain (alot of stuff they were fighting for was ironically made to fruition by their enemies no less) and C it made sense given the protagonists line of work "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword" and all that lol.

However, I've been a bit bugged by the Nano Laminate armor for one reason: according to the show, the armor can easily dissipate beam energy due to its properties. HOWEVER from what I've witnessed, it only did this with BEAM SHOTS. Therefore it begs an interesting question...where as possibly a beam rifles 1 shot kill would be nullified (save for weapons like the beam magnum or buster rifle but were sticking for standard beam rifle seeing the mobile armor in the show apparently uses a weapon of that power), what about beam SABERS?

Would prolonged exposure to a beam saber eventually defeat it or would it be pointless? I mean I read somewhere that even Napalm would melt it. So its theoretically possible that prolonged exposure to beam energy IE Sabers instead of temporary exposure to a standard beam shot would defeat it right?

- - - Updated - - -

also forgot to note this: If this topic I just brought up has been discussed, please direct me to it so I can read. I am very curious about what I brought up concerning Nano Laminate Armor

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Now that the show is over I say that most of the Anime is alright in my book. Yeah I was sore at first at how it ended but A it was never done before save OO (if you don't count Season 2), B their sacrifices and deaths were not in vain (alot of stuff they were fighting for was ironically made to fruition by their enemies no less) and C it made sense given the protagonists line of work "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword" and all that lol.

However, I've been a bit bugged by the Nano Laminate armor for one reason: according to the show, the armor can easily dissipate beam energy due to its properties. HOWEVER from what I've witnessed, it only did this with BEAM SHOTS. Therefore it begs an interesting question...where as possibly a beam rifles 1 shot kill would be nullified (save for weapons like the beam magnum or buster rifle but were sticking for standard beam rifle seeing the mobile armor in the show apparently uses a weapon of that power), what about beam SABERS?

Would prolonged exposure to a beam saber eventually defeat it or would it be pointless? I mean I read somewhere that even Napalm would melt it. So its theoretically possible that prolonged exposure to beam energy IE Sabers instead of temporary exposure to a standard beam shot would defeat it right?
    From what I could tell the nano luminate armor was a thin layer of coating within the armor itself. This would prevent it from getting scratched off in battle like other units. Tekkadan would have to re apply the coating after each battle. After seeing the beam weapon used on Ride, the beam splits and curves away. That leads me to believe the armor has some sort of magnetic charge to it and is not physically touched. In terms of a beam saber I dont know how it would react considering sabers have their own magnetic fields. Either the beam's field gets affected and you have a wild "hilt" beam rifle, or the field isnt affected and the saber gets close enough to release the heat that would burn away the coating. Of course if you just stab the saber directly down into the armor it would melt it away.

Just caught up on the final 6 episodes and I just did not see that coming. Never been equally satisfied with the ending and so bummed out about it. Just been trying to digest it.

Quote Originally Posted by NMSKlyne View Post
    From what I could tell the nano luminate armor was a thin layer of coating within the armor itself. This would prevent it from getting scratched off in battle like other units. Tekkadan would have to re apply the coating after each battle. After seeing the beam weapon used on Ride, the beam splits and curves away. That leads me to believe the armor has some sort of magnetic charge to it and is not physically touched. In terms of a beam saber I dont know how it would react considering sabers have their own magnetic fields. Either the beam's field gets affected and you have a wild "hilt" beam rifle, or the field isnt affected and the saber gets close enough to release the heat that would burn away the coating. Of course if you just stab the saber directly down into the armor it would melt it away.
    an interesting retort. However it stil bugs me at the whole "I can shrug off beam weaponry" shtick. Now don't get me wrong, its been done before even in UC HOWEVER they explained that it only shrugged off beam shots and only glancing ones at best. You would still get damaged by the shot but you wouldn't blow up. Against a beam saber due to it being a constant beam of energy instead of a shot it would just shred it to shit. So It makes me wonder that if the Hashamal (and im sorry i butchered its name lol) would have had a beam saber on the tail instead of a physical blade I think it may have had a chance. I just think IMO that the makers of the show failed to take the Hashamal's potential in that regard. Had they made the mobile armor use nothing but beam weaponry I think it would have show just how dangerous beam weaponry was for other gundam shows THEREFORE that is why the combat of Post Disaster was the way it was. Not just because of how the armor works but because the early leaders of Gallajhorn were so horrified at how destructive beam weaponry was that they reduced it to nothing but myth and legend and banned its use outright to the point that if you were caught with this tech you were a dead man. no trial, no jury nothing you'd be killed on sight. That would have explained their brutal nature much more efficiently that if you got caught with forbidden tech you were for lack of a better word screwed. Granted G Reco did this to some extent but I think PD would have done it better. We saw what one beam shot...thought deflected...could do to a small complex but damn! thats just like how Amuro tore through that Zeon base when they tore up his hometown. It was just like that! therefore I think its safe to assume that a beam saber...should it have shown up in IBO could have EASILY torn through the NL Armor cause If im right...and I'd like to think I am...beam sabers were never invented in IBO. THAT in my honest opinion is the biggest difference between IBO and other gundams...cause in all of Gundam they had BEAM SABERS however only a beam RIFLE/CANNON was shown in the show.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I doubt a Beam saber would have a different effect then a direct Beam. It's the science of their universe. For whatever technological, magnetic, energetic, or mystical reason, beams will diffuse on their armor. In UC, correct me if I'm wrong, but a Beam saber is just a contained Beam blast in a plasma field. Whatever breaks the field will gets the Beam blast.... in essence. If Beam sabers existed, then it would have the same effect as a Beam blast, diffusion.

I think the real question is how the legendary Gundam frames became scattered, buried, and lost to mercenaries. If they were so powerful or legendary, then shouldn't they have all been locked in secret bases, put in museums, or destroyed? Like tech in Wing, UC our universe, or any other really?

True True. However unlike a beam blast which only lasts as long as the shot was, a beam blade could, with the right reactor, last for a long time therefore how long could the armor difuse before the saber did some real damage?

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by justicebeaver View Post
    I think the real question is how the legendary Gundam frames became scattered, buried, and lost to mercenaries. If they were so powerful or legendary, then shouldn't they have all been locked in secret bases, put in museums, or destroyed? Like tech in Wing, UC our universe, or any other really?
    I would surmise that it could have something to do with how the families managed to keep their Gundam or Valkyrie frames throughout the centuries. Some of them obviously kept them in good working order, as they managed to maintain their status/wealth/power. Inevitably, though, some families were not so fortunate, and either had to sell the parts and/or frames off when times were rough (believe this was the case with the Astaroth, for instance), or they were wiped out by other families or organizations they may have crossed. If you don't want your enemies to get your most treasured object, just bury it in the desert so that nobody could have it. Or, given that it's been like 3 centuries, some families may have just died out and had their assets scattered.

Until we would get confirmation otherwise, I'd say the explanation is rather mundane. A prequel movie or OVA, or at least a manga, set during the Calamity War would be a fun thing to see to answer this question, though.
    It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

My Gunpla Blog - http://eastkygunpla.com/

My WIPs - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...8-Urban-s-WIPs

My Completed Kits - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...-Sniper-s-Hide

And another thing that I find interesting. According to the sources Napalm can outright melt NL Armor. So therefore it begs another question...would something like a heatblade do some damage to it Oo?

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    an interesting retort. However it stil bugs me at the whole "I can shrug off beam weaponry" shtick. Now don't get me wrong, its been done before even in UC HOWEVER they explained that it only shrugged off beam shots and only glancing ones at best. You would still get damaged by the shot but you wouldn't blow up. Against a beam saber due to it being a constant beam of energy instead of a shot it would just shred it to shit. So It makes me wonder that if the Hashamal (and im sorry i butchered its name lol) would have had a beam saber on the tail instead of a physical blade I think it may have had a chance. I just think IMO that the makers of the show failed to take the Hashamal's potential in that regard. Had they made the mobile armor use nothing but beam weaponry I think it would have show just how dangerous beam weaponry was for other gundam shows THEREFORE that is why the combat of Post Disaster was the way it was. Not just because of how the armor works but because the early leaders of Gallajhorn were so horrified at how destructive beam weaponry was that they reduced it to nothing but myth and legend and banned its use outright to the point that if you were caught with this tech you were a dead man. no trial, no jury nothing you'd be killed on sight. That would have explained their brutal nature much more efficiently that if you got caught with forbidden tech you were for lack of a better word screwed. Granted G Reco did this to some extent but I think PD would have done it better. We saw what one beam shot...thought deflected...could do to a small complex but damn! thats just like how Amuro tore through that Zeon base when they tore up his hometown. It was just like that! therefore I think its safe to assume that a beam saber...should it have shown up in IBO could have EASILY torn through the NL Armor cause If im right...and I'd like to think I am...beam sabers were never invented in IBO. THAT in my honest opinion is the biggest difference between IBO and other gundams...cause in all of Gundam they had BEAM SABERS however only a beam RIFLE/CANNON was shown in the show.
    The NL armor has a limit even with beam weapons. Had the beam have a longer fire time or multiple shots the suit would have been eventually destroyed. Thats why Tekkadan has to reapply the armor, its acts just like the coating used on shields in Seed (but at a higher scale). Also Hashmal wouldnt have a beam saber because that would be very inefficient for its targets. Mobile armors in IBO were for hunting people not mobile suits. That would be like us killing ants with a lightsaber. Since Hashmal would have hunted humans it also makes sense why its beam had a slow fire rate and low penetration (making NL armor even more effective). I still wonder if a nation deployed MAs or if MAs are just sentient mechs like devil gundam.

hmmmm interesting...So in a sense beam weaponry was VERY nerfed due to the fact MA's of IBO were more keen to hunting Humans not MS Therefore it would be safe to assume that should had it been tuned up that suit would be deadly to even the most powerful of ms?

- - - Updated - - -

SON OF A GUNDAM! I Figured it out!!!

According to my further research, the NL armor is enhanced by the Ahab Reactor and if I'm reading the sources right its basically operating like an I field. In the UC universe it is the I field that creates not only the stable environment for the Minovsky ultra-compact Fusion reactor to work, it also is the shell that holds the superheated minovsky particles inside a beam saber or beam shot. THEREFORE It can be correctly assumed that the Ahab sends an electromagnetic wave through the Nano laminate coating giving it its anti beam effect.

In other words it is the first and possibly ONLY kinds of mobile suit to develop true full body beam shields! Not as dramatic as the ones seen in F91 onward but its the same effect. This ALSO explains why only SOLID and IMPACT weaponry can affect it cause we all know that only those kind of weapons will nullify an I Field. So there ya go! Mystery Solved! A combination of the Ahab Reactor and the armor create the IBO facsimile of an I Field around the Mobile Suit effectively creating a beam shield. Granted this shield is degraded after damage but its still a Shield only in mobile suit form. Its basically the same concept as the Movable Frame of UC only instead of better mobility its better shielding against beam weapons!

Sword Freak