Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041 LastLast

Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kirky82 View Post
    Definitely agree with this!

Though, I'm actually pretty dirty on the Dainslef attack from orbit, that was just low. If they hadn't done that then the guys would have destroyed all of the forces on the ground.
    I agree with you too, especially after seeing that crazy girl Julietta walk away mostly unscathed from her second encounter with the Lupus Rex. It just doesn't sit well with me that she got to beat a Gundam just because it was in its weakened state. The part when she tore off the Rex's head like a trophy added more insult to injury. I wish that the Lupus Rex managed to damage her suit significantly and left her in a wheelchair like Gali. I'm all for tragedy in this series, and I hoped that Julietta would get significantly hit by it as well, if not kill her off completely. Instead, she gets a fairy tale ending. Jeez.
    Last edited by mythos-018; April 2, 2017 at 9:25 PM.

Just watched the last episode again first time I watched it I was pissed how things ended for tekkadan but after rewarching it a second time I'm still sad but tekkadan overall was given a good ending and Mika died fullying his goal.

I also got a good chuckle with noblesse dying on the toilet.

I saw the final episode last evening, and I slept through the night. IBO isn't my favorite, but the ending was just executed very well. It's still lingering in my thoughts even now while I'm at work.

Quote Originally Posted by mythos-018 View Post
    I agree with you too, especially after seeing that crazy girl Julietta walk away mostly unscathed from her second encounter with the Lupus Rex. It just doesn't sit well with me that she got to beat a Gundam just because it was in its weakened state. The part when she tore off the Rex's head like a trophy added more insult to injury. I wish that the Lupus Rex managed to damage her suit significantly and left her in a wheelchair like Gali. I'm all for tragedy in this series, and I hoped that Julietta would get significantly hit by it as well, if not kill her off completely. Instead, she gets a fairy tale ending. Jeez.
    I just assume so, but did we we get a confirmation on Mika's death? Thinking back to the episode last thing I saw was Julietta saying that he was already unconscious. Then Julietta took the head off, but the pilot is in the chest. I dont really want Mika to secretly be alive but its an odd thought.

With the last glance of group pic, IBO's journey finally comes to a stop. It was a fitting end to IBO franchise but somehow this looks like a revised ending to me. It was just too.... nice for a story line that is so dark in the first place... Loose ends tied up, whomever should deserve to die died and spending 1/2 the episode telling these part of story... I guess the producers just want to pacify the fans and make everyone happy in the end...

Is the the best Gundam series so far? from a neutral stand point. I believe it did not disappoint. It contain enough elements to keep the 'old school' gundamisters entertained while bringing in flesh blood into the gundam franchise. Ultimately this is what the company wants to achieve.

But what fixated me the most will always be 'The Devil of the McGillis Fareed Incident"

Quote Originally Posted by mythos-018 View Post
    Absolutely agree. I've never liked her character and it bothered me that she raised the head as if she had won some great battle. She could never have taken Mika or Akhiro one on one. I would've preferred if a nobody killed him or at the very least if she had showed some dignity and not said anything after she killed him.
    War. War never changes.

I loved seeing the Lupus Rex get unleashed and "rampaging". I mean, we got to see it in the prior incarnations of the Barbatos, so I'm glad they gave the Lupus Rex some time without its limiters. Also, did you ever think that perhaps Mika could've survived those wounds but he died because he released the limiters again? They were more or less pointing to the fact that if the limiters were released again Mika would die. In reality though it was probably a combination of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Manatees View Post
    I loved seeing the Lupus Rex get unleashed and "rampaging". I mean, we got to see it in the prior incarnations of the Barbatos, so I'm glad they gave the Lupus Rex some time without its limiters. Also, did you ever think that perhaps Mika could've survived those wounds but he died because he released the limiters again? They were more or less pointing to the fact that if the limiters were released again Mika would die. In reality though it was probably a combination of both.
    I don't think the limiters would kill you but who knows maybe mikas consciousness was downloaded into the barbatos system they did say the bael system contained the ghost of the guy who started gjallhorn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NMSKlyne View Post
    I just assume so, but did we we get a confirmation on Mika's death? Thinking back to the episode last thing I saw was Julietta saying that he was already unconscious. Then Julietta took the head off, but the pilot is in the chest. I dont really want Mika to secretly be alive but its an odd thought.
    I doubt Mika is secretly alive and no one knows and at this point it doesn't make sense for tekkadan to still exist the most I think is possible is mikas consciousness might of been downloaded into barbatos but even if that was the case there would need to be a reason he would have to be reactivated maybe the Mars colonie is treated poorly and Mika reawakens to protect his descendants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundamangel View Post
    I don't think the limiters would kill you but who knows maybe mikas consciousness was downloaded into the barbatos system they did say the bael system contained the ghost of the guy who started gjallhorn.
    Well, everytime he took off the limiters and unhinged Barbatos he lost the use of something on his body. Insinuating that by releasing the limiters on a Gundam frame it slowly kills the user. So to a degree unleashing Barbatos that final time probably did play a hand in his death.

Quote Originally Posted by NMSKlyne View Post
    From what it looks like, after the Dainsleif attack, they were on their last stretch. They have shrapnel all over their bodies and were bleeding fast. He finally lost consciousness and succumb to his injuries when he rushed towards Julietta.

Regarding Julietta, I started to soften up to her during that single final episode. She finally understood what kind of people Tekkadan were, especially Mika.

Beheading Barbatos were more of just a showmanship as a figurehead of Gjallarhon. It's like a duty to perform on her part.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by extend; April 3, 2017 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Manatees View Post

When I first saw the Rex design, how beast-like it was, I wanted to see it running on all fours, leaping at the enemy and tearing apart enemy suits like a frenzied animal. And this last ep gives me just that.
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

Quote Originally Posted by Lacus Prime View Post
    When I first saw the Rex design, how beast-like it was, I wanted to see it running on all fours, leaping at the enemy and tearing apart enemy suits like a frenzied animal. And this last ep gives me just that.
    That final episode definitely struck home that the fact the Gundam frames were "devils" those movements were demonic and bestial. He slaughtered the enemies is the most gruesome ways possible. Even though the sounds Lupus Rex made were probably just added in as an after though and not actually coming from Barbatos it was still terrifying.

Almiria, what happened to her? I think she's the only one not to have a proper epilogue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

She didn't really behead him though. She stabbed through the Rex's neck to complete disable the machine. The whole section was stuck to the sword, which she lifted up in the end, and it broke free from the unit.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    Almiria, what happened to her? I think she's the only one not to have a proper epilogue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I never noticed that actually, what did happen to her? Given the time gap between the final battle and the epilogue (I'd guess like 3 to 4 years) she'd have to be like 15 or 16. I wonder if they did it intentionally or if it was a mistake and they forgot to add her into it.