Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 601
  1. #526

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    Did not expect it to end so well. A fitting end to IBO. Loved this series. Ride wearing a red scarf like Orga and seemingly using Mikazukis gun was a surprise. Seems he started his own mercenary group.
    Akatsuki...what a cute little boy
    Tekkadans defeat was sad but it changed things for the better. Seeing Rustal stay in power sucked but it made sense. The world would have turned to chaos if Gjallarhorn had been permanently disbanded.
    Was also nice seeing the former Tekkadan members doing well.
    These last couple of weeks left me emotionally drained.
    Rest easy IBO
    --------------------------------------------------------

  2. #527

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    I wonder what became of the Kimaris Vidar, did it just go into storage? Also did they end up removing the Alaya Vijnana system from it before they did that? It doesn't seem like Gali will be able to use it anymore in his condition anyway.


  3. #528

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Manatees View Post
    If you just came to complain why come at all? We're here to actually discuss the show and not just sh*t talk it. Nobody forced you to watch it, and nobody would care if you didn't watch it. We watched it because we enjoyed the show as a whole and this is the place where we came to discuss the show as it aired.
    Because it brings some contrast to the discussion.

    I mean, I could suggest more about it, but all that would happen is people telling me how wrong I am for a contrarion viewpoint.

  4. #529

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanos View Post
    Because it brings some contrast to the discussion.

    I mean, I could suggest more about it, but all that would happen is people telling me how wrong I am for a contrarion viewpoint.
    I've never seen you bring any valid points as to why it was a bad series, I've only ever seen you say that it sucked with nothing to back it up.


  5. #530
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanos View Post
    Because it brings some contrast to the discussion.

    I mean, I could suggest more about it, but all that would happen is people telling me how wrong I am for a contrarion viewpoint.
    It's your choice of words, man. People here had been discussing their dislikes with show and have had some disagreements with how things were handled in the show without being hostile.

    Anyway, it's your freedom. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  6. #531

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Manatees View Post
    I've never seen you bring any valid points as to why it was a bad series, I've only ever seen you say that it sucked with nothing to back it up.
    Look, I felt like the show was a mindless bloodfest with an uninteresting cast and had a bad director.

    I want to go into detail, but again, I would just be told how wrong I am at every junction. The only tjing people would agree on is that the show was not for me & that its okay to dislike something.

    I hope I wasn't coming off as hostile, though. It just sounds it.

  7. #532
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,146

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthBayGundam View Post
    Did not expect it to end so well. A fitting end to IBO. Loved this series. Ride wearing a red scarf like Orga and seemingly using Mikazukis gun was a surprise. Seems he started his own mercenary group.
    Akatsuki...what a cute little boy
    Tekkadans defeat was sad but it changed things for the better. Seeing Rustal stay in power sucked but it made sense. The world would have turned to chaos if Gjallarhorn had been permanently disbanded.
    Was also nice seeing the former Tekkadan members doing well.
    These last couple of weeks left me emotionally drained.
    Rest easy IBO
    This is exactly how i felt about it. I didn't even put that together, the Ride/scarf thing.


    https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

    Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

  8. #533
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    I think that even rustal being kind of an ass it's better for him to lead than deal with a chaotic mess of gjallarhorn power vacuum would probably have made someone even worse rise to power as we have seen in RL history.

  9. #534

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    It's sad to see the show go but at least they gave it a rather satisfying send off.


  10. #535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Hidden Away
    Posts
    301

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    Heh, a thought just occurred as I sat down to eat lunch...

    In Gundam Wing, it was "Those who lay eyes on a Gundam shall not live to tell about it."

    In IBO, it's more like "Those who pilot a Gundam shall not live to tell about it."

    Aside from Gaelio, anyway. Just had to ruin it, didn't you?
    It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

    My WIPs - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...8-Urban-s-WIPs

    My Completed Kits - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...-Sniper-s-Hide

  11. #536
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    Also Hai yamagi :3

  12. #537
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    691

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    Oh what a great show, So much emotion.

    The ending was sad, but alright. It had to be that way I guess, from mid point I knew Mika was never going to live to the end, he was a warrior till the end.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanos View Post
    Look, I felt like the show was a mindless bloodfest with an uninteresting cast and had a bad director.

    I want to go into detail, but again, I would just be told how wrong I am at every junction. The only tjing people would agree on is that the show was not for me & that its okay to dislike something.

    I hope I wasn't coming off as hostile, though. It just sounds it.
    Mindless blood fest? I thought they had a point the whole way through with the fighting, It's not UC, or Seed etc... So it was a more barbaric time with slavery still around etc... And fighting their way out was the way it needed to be done.

    Some cast were forgettable, but most core ones I thought stuck out enough to be interesting.

    Definitely not your series Vulcanos, But G-Reco isn't mine so hence not watching it passed 10 episodes

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSniper View Post
    Heh, a thought just occurred as I sat down to eat lunch...

    In Gundam Wing, it was "Those who lay eyes on a Gundam shall not live to tell about it."

    In IBO, it's more like "Those who pilot a Gundam shall not live to tell about it."

    Aside from Gaelio, anyway. Just had to ruin it, didn't you?
    LMAO, good call on the tagline.

  13. #538
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Delmarva
    Posts
    723

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    Alright just finished watching it. (I got a friend to tell me everything earlier today so I wouldn't be caught off guard by spoilers.) It was a hard ending, but a fitting ending. I have no complaints about anyone's fate, or how it befell them. Mika, and Akihiro fought on, even though they were already dead thanks to the wounds from the dainshlief, and both accomplished something in the end. Akihiro got his revenge, and both realized they had already achieved what they had always been looking for, so they had peace in the end. In the end, even McGillis desires were fulfilled, even though they wouldn't live to see them.

    Honestly, in my opinion, this was the best outcome for the series, given the underlying premises since the beginning, and it was a story that hit the right notes for what it was portraying. My final rating, I give IBO a 8 of 10 for the story. If they had spent a little more time on the human debris horror, it would have made it a bit more emotionally compelling, but thats just me. This series now beats OO in my personal rankings.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

    If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

  14. #539
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    691

    Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon View Post
    Alright just finished watching it. (I got a friend to tell me everything earlier today so I wouldn't be caught off guard by spoilers.) It was a hard ending, but a fitting ending. I have no complaints about anyone's fate, or how it befell them. Mika, and Akihiro fought on, even though they were already dead thanks to the wounds from the dainshlief, and both accomplished something in the end. Akihiro got his revenge, and both realized they had already achieved what they had always been looking for, so they had peace in the end. In the end, even McGillis desires were fulfilled, even though they wouldn't live to see them.

    Honestly, in my opinion, this was the best outcome for the series, given the underlying premises since the beginning, and it was a story that hit the right notes for what it was portraying. My final rating, I give IBO a 8 of 10 for the story. If they had spent a little more time on the human debris horror, it would have made it a bit more emotionally compelling, but thats just me. This series now beats OO in my personal rankings.
    Definitely agree with this!

    Though, I'm actually pretty dirty on the Dainslef attack from orbit, that was just low. If they hadn't done that then the guys would have destroyed all of the forces on the ground.

  15. #540
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Florida, USA
    Posts
    201
    Just watched the ending. It was a but I liked it. Was IBO the best Gundam series, no, I don't think so but I did really enjoy it. It had some great character like Mika and Orga and some bad ones like Lok. Overall I thought it was entertaining, a good story with a good ending and it def had some great fight sequences.
    War. War never changes.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans
    By Lacus Prime in forum The Gundam Universe
    Replies: 644
    Last Post: March 8, 2017, 12:27 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 18, 2016, 5:36 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 1, 2016, 4:19 PM
  4. Mobile Suit Gundam: The iron-Blooded Orphans to air in Toonami
    By LION ZGM in forum The Gundam Universe
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: May 28, 2016, 10:10 PM
  5. G-Tekketsu (Iron Blooded Orphans)
    By Squee in forum General Gundam News
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: October 4, 2015, 4:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •