Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F97 wip thread

Final matte coat, and it's finally finished!

Re: F97 wip thread

Its been about 11 months from start to finish on this last project, and it feels great to start something new! I've had a HG Saviour Gundam lying around for a while, and I figured, why not do something interesting with it. So I'm going to attempt to make and art-deco version of the Saviour Gundam. This will be something completely new to me, so I have no idea how it will turn out, but I'm hoping for the best. These are the reference images I'm using.
    artdeco1.jpgartdeco2.jpgartdeco4.jpgartdeco5.jpg

Oooh, this could be interesting. If you want some more Art Deco images, I've got plenty:

"You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Wow man! I don't think I've ever seen any of these before

Quote Originally Posted by F97 View Post
    Wow man! I don't think I've ever seen any of these before
    I have a soft spot for industrial Art Deco design, so I've stored a lot on my computer. The key to Art Deco design is to blend graceful curves with straight lines.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

This is what o have so far for the wings. The tips were way too pointy, so I taped them together and sanded them both at the same time, to get an equal curve. This build is going to be a lot of sanding and green stuff

Finally finished the shoulders and arms. Took a while to sand them down. Does anyone know if green stuff dissolves in water?

does anyone know if green stuff dissolves in water?

Finished a leg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I don't think green stuff really dissolves in water once it is dried.

Surprise! I'm not dead. Finally got around to sanding and washing all the parts, and primed all of the black parts

Finally finished the white parts, but my airbrush broke while doing so. Any recommendations or advice for a new one would be great.

What's that? In the distance? Its... a dead thread! But seriously, I'm back, and will actually be able to post more frequently. And on that note, I recently primed the chrome parts for this build. I also got a new airbrush, an Iwata Eclipse. And I have to say, I'm in love. There's no comparison to the Aztek I was using before. It's much easier to clean, extremely solid, and applies paint beautifully. 9/10 IGN would reccomend.20180602_150246.jpg
    20180602_152140.jpg
    20180602_150254.jpg

LOL. I had the same, about a year of not much and now seriously back into it. I gotta get a Iwata although I do like my little Sparmax.

Finally finished the chrome parts, and on to final assembly. All I have left to do is put a gloss varnish on it.