Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Re: Scorn's Workshop

That's not a bad idea. The MP Guntank definitely has slightly smaller guns, but the core of it is closer to the Guntank than the RMV-1. No core fighter, but still has the general shape of the RX75.

Still, yeah, I think it may be a good donor kit

- - - Updated - - -

Edit to add: The Origin Guntank Early Type's guns look a little stubby!

Here's what I'm looking at:

I bet I can reuse the arms and wheel plate/treads as is. The wheel covers will need changed to cover the whole sides of them. I can probably get away with reusing the base, with some minor modifications. If I end up using a torso from a regular Guntank, modifying it so it's got a wider range of motion shouldn't be too bad. Alternately, I may just scratch build it since the backpack will need scratch built anyways. The guns I may modify from existing guns, or just make my own from telescoping brass tube; we'll see. The head is a scratch build, no question lol

In fairness, I'm planning for it to be on the receiving end of the Gouf Custom's sword in a diorama, so I'm not too worried about it being as poseable. That being said, if I end up 3D printing some of the parts, I should plan on it being more serviceable than a one off.

Wow, those guns are smaller than I thought. Also, the MP version's torso looks a little shorter and wider than the standard Guntank. Since you mentioned that you have a 3D printer, the manufacturing of parts should be no sweat.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Well, still got to get through the digital design first :P but yeah, I'll probably ship it out to Shapeways to get it printed, because I want to try to build in as much detail as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the regularly scheduled Guntank in progress LOL got to shading on this finally. Most of the gunmetal I did with nuln oil, but I've been doing the shading with the Vallejo black wash. Something interesting I've noted, is that while shading, I tend to get a bit on either side of the panel line. After giving it a moment and wiping it away, what I end up with is something that's very similar to a preshade. It doesn't get the hard tideline of just letting it dry, but it definitely stains the paint that it touches. So sort of a good and bad thing, but I like the subtle effect it gives.

- - - Updated - - -

Base colors nearly finished, the gray needs another coat though. Shaded most of the rest, so it'll be highlighting soon. (I won't mention the tracks I haven't done anything on yet.....)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm now in multiple tracks of progress, mild pun intended. Finished recoating the gray and touching up the gunmetal, finished shading and highlighting the red, blue, and yellow, did some assembly, and haven't started the tracks :P

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the airbrush! Finishing up some old projects

And starting some more scenery!

- - - Updated - - -

Get to put this one in the done box! More pictures in my completed thread.