Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast

Re: Scorn's Workshop

I like to live dangerously :P I play a version of 40k with my kits, so it's fair lol

I mentioned it in passing in the post, but I definitely need to thin it with a touch of water. I more meant that I used Castellan Green without mixing it with any other colors.

- - - Updated - - -

In today's ludicrous coincidences of size:

The 1/1000 Apsalus that comes with the 1/144 Ground GM Sniper kit has a main cannon part. If the back of the cannon part is sanded off, the recessed hole in the center is just the right size to press fit the mounting peg for the 1/100 HG Epyon beam saber generator, perfectly centering it. The shoulder sensor is coming along nicely lol

I'm trying to decide if I should use the dome sticker that came with the sniper rifle or just paint it up. There'll be a bit of a rim around the sticker, but I'm just not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, now there we go. I think that bulks up the backpack appropriately. Next, of course, is the fill sand repeat cycle LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Adjusted the angle on one of the flat surfaces on the backpack to get the panel lines to be as horizontal as the other ones. Glued in now, I'm just going to have to put it around the edges because the central pod does go through the new surface like I thought it might.

I shortened the arm on the Canon mount, which looks a lot better. Unfortunately, I shortened it about a half a millimeter too much and it's binding at the corners. Sigh. I think a little filing should do it, but it's really annoying.

I like it. Is that the MS Option Part 01 Cannon?

Yep, from the MS Cannon 01 set. I've got it mounted now, and there's going to be some putty and structure work in my future...

I was also looking at getting those for Mudrock but was unsure how the looked on a kit. You're helping this crafting of mine tremendously XD

Ooh man, two of those for a Mudrock would be epic! I've modified this one a bit for my purposes - normally the attachment arm is longer and side attaches to one of the large holes on the side. The mount also has a peg i cut off,
    but it fits into most beam saber slots pretty well. The one above is also upside down :P here's one I basically just stuck onto a GM - unmodified, could clearly stand a little better integration.

- - - Updated - - -

Did another pour of the realistic water on Friday, I think it's almost close to where I want it. There's still a bit of a meniscus around the edges, but another pour might do it. I'll admit, while the zero odor of the realistic water is great, this ridiculously extended wait due to additional pours is not. Maybe it's due to the very thin layers I'm pouring, I dunno. Still, it's looking pretty good.

I also picked up a new light for my work area, a little clip on Ott light. It makes a big difference when I'm working, and it's certainly easier to take photos. I already think I need another one.

- - - Updated - - -

It occurred to me that I'm getting sucked into the Full Armor project when it was just supposed to be spitballing ideas for a future project. So, back at the tank. I added ripples to make it more like a river, albeit calm. I think the ripples might be a little small? It's 50 feet of riverbank, so it's hard to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Touched up a few of the water errors, tried to subtly increase the visibility of the bullet holes. Now, it's vegetation time. Started with the vines, added a snake sunning itself on a barrel. And by snake, I mean one of the 20' pythons that are in the Philippines :P I'm planning on having a jungle eagle in here somewhere as well, but I gotta wait for the trees I ordered :P

And, since I had the green stuff out anyways, started filling some of the more egregious gaps on the Full Armor backpack.

That water is looking sick man. Spot on!

Thanks! The ripples settled a little more than I was expecting after I spritzed them with the water, but overall I think it's fine. I can always add more if I think it's really necessary.

Primed the the vines and the snake, and finally ordered the trees that I need to put in here. I tried to be careful, but I'm not sure there was much hope of me not priming a little bit of the tank LOL after I paint the vines I'll touch up the rust - I'm thinking a grayish-brown for the vines, highlighted with a lighter gray. For the sporadic leaf on the vines, maybe like some spice leaves, cilantro or oregano or what have you. The snake is just going to be a little tedious LOL

I got some trees.

They're not too bad for this scale, although I kind of want to take the 5th one that I got and chop it in half like it got blown apart. I'm thinking of Scavenging the fronds from that one for the tops of these anyway.

I have some smaller trees that I'll use to pad out in the front line, and then a whole pack of cheaper ones to pad out the back line. I'll vine everything somewhat - the reference photos I've been using show plants shoving their way into the light right up to the River's Edge, so I'm going to try and emulate that at least a little.

- - - Updated - - -

I got more trees! I need to get some taller ones, apparently, but it's filling out nicely!

Wait... what's... oh =/

Ugh, massive air pockets. Some sinks, too. Where did they come from? Welp, more water. I popped the bubbles, pushed the edges in, then poured another batch of the Realistic Water in.

- - - Updated - - -

Water is curing nicely, we'll see how much of the rippling well stay after it finishes. I'll give this another few days to make sure it isn't doing something dumb lol still, it's looking pretty good!

Some suggestions I've gotten include water flotsam (Should do), moss (should do), more variation in foliage (should do), and taking out the vines and painting camo (not at this point lol). One thing is the back trees need to be as tall as the palms, but I've got an idea for that, I think.

Damn that thing is coming out pristine! Very nice dio skills.

That's looking good, repainting some of the plants would make so much difference.

Thanks! Yeah, I think dressing the palms a little better will help a lot. I added to the height of the back trees - I may need to find a better way to attach them, but we'll see what happens when they dry.

I'm sort of thinking that the pond was a little bit of a mistake. Can't see it, it makes it hard to foliage around it, and all that stuff. I think to show it off a little better I'm going to have to move one of the trees in the front row further back, which will help pad out around it.

It's finished!! More pictures in my finished thread.

I like it! Looking forward to more FA Gundam progress.

Me too! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

With the diorama in the books finally, back to work on the full armor Gundam conversion. Mostly paint touch ups for ble, but finally got that head seam fixed. Once I finish puttying the backpack, I can get to painting the rest of it. It'll be relatively straightforward, honestly, just lots of little parts.

Oh, those guys in the back? Another project, we should see more of very soon....

So this is my random interlude project. I'm dipping my toes very slowly into 40K, and I figured I might as well have fun with it. I haven't really decided what actual chapter these guys are from, but I'm going to call them something like the 7th Autonomous Gunda Primaris Marines. Aka the GundaMarines lol (ok, it sounded funnier in my head...)

The GM heads, shoulders, v fin and beam saber I made in CAD and had resin printed. The parts themselves are about 1/288 scale, but it ends up being about the same height as 1/400 scale Gundam collection miniatures.